Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 02:56 PM   #481  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
The one time I tried Quest products it was at the Vitamin Shoppe and they were exactly as you say, stale and hard. I really wonder this happens? I was looking forward to them because 1) they are all gluten free 2) people RAVE about Quest products. Maybe I should try placing an order through Quest.
i have tried several of the quest bars and am not a real big fan. they all seemed hard to me.

however, i LOVE the quest chips!!

funny how we all have different tastes

i absolutely love love love the sea salt chips! but i loathe the cheddar and sour cream, which seems to be so many others favorite! even the guy at gnc told me, try the cheddar and sour cream if you have never tried them before, as they are the best. but not to me! hahaha

don't give up, keep trying and hopefully you'll find one you like!
Old 02-22-2015, 03:05 PM   #482  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
i have tried several of the quest bars and am not a real big fan. they all seemed hard to me.

however, i LOVE the quest chips!!

funny how we all have different tastes

i absolutely love love love the sea salt chips! but i loathe the cheddar and sour cream, which seems to be so many others favorite! even the guy at gnc told me, try the cheddar and sour cream if you have never tried them before, as they are the best. but not to me! hahaha

don't give up, keep trying and hopefully you'll find one you like!
I found the bars to be awfully dense too -- but someone here on 3FC told me about baking them to make cookies --- I have a box of the Cinnamon Bun Quest bars for this purpose -- cut them into 6 or 8 little pieces, set them on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for about 10-12 minutes... they puff up a bit and the texture becomes very cookie like.... quite yummy! I imagine the choc chip cookie dough variety would come out especially well when baked into cookies...
Old 02-22-2015, 04:45 PM   #483  

My husband and I are getting ready to transition to alternative foods after about 5 weeks on the IP program. I need to get myself restarted because I have started cheating with the idea that as long as I'm in ketosis, I will still lose weight...so cheating with things like cheese, higher fat meat, mayo, etc. I guess i kind of thought of it as a hybrid between IP and Atkins, but I only lost 1.5 pounds last week and this week I'm not sure how many I will lose, if ANY! I need to restart and get back on the true IP-like plan! I have gotten lots of great ideas from reading through these threads. Got some products before finding this board that I now see are restricted or highly restricted so I'm debating whether to send them back or just deal with it! I'm glad I found this board!
Old 02-22-2015, 05:31 PM   #484  
gaining while I lose!

Hi. Was wanting to know on the supplements for IP on their bottles what's the total grams for each that should be consumed. Total gram on the calcium, magnesium, and the potassium? Anyone?
Old 02-22-2015, 05:47 PM   #485  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
Whoa! I should not have googled this lol

Something tells me this would make fantastic pb cookies - just drinking it sounds amazing. 1/2 a scoop of this, 1/2 and ip chocolate drink and some water...
It does, indeed, make excellent cookies. Carmie48 Lisa's recipe can be found at Quest PB muffins

We leave out the zucchini in ours and they still come out perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
My IP experience seems to have transitioned into a IP/Quest Lifestyle! I now use the Quest powder for shakes or pancakes, Quest Bars & Quest Chips...
We did, too. Cheaper, tastier and bakes better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Becky - I have not had a good experience with buying Quest bars at GNC. They seem to be stale and hard.
I found the same thing with GNC, but linked it to their special offer "Buy 3 get 1 free". Once they have exhausted the old stock and they are back to regular pricing the bars are considerably better in quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlrab View Post
My husband and I are getting ready to transition to alternative foods after about 5 weeks on the IP program. I need to get myself restarted because I have started cheating with the idea that as long as I'm in ketosis, I will still lose weight...so cheating with things like cheese, higher fat meat, mayo, etc. I guess i kind of thought of it as a hybrid between IP and Atkins, but I only lost 1.5 pounds last week and this week I'm not sure how many I will lose, if ANY! I need to restart and get back on the true IP-like plan! I have gotten lots of great ideas from reading through these threads. Got some products before finding this board that I now see are restricted or highly restricted so I'm debating whether to send them back or just deal with it! I'm glad I found this board!
The slow down in loss may not necessarily be related to the change in diet - it could be that there is more sodium in the foods you've been choosing to eat. Ketosis doesn't have to be a weight loss only style of eating - many paleo/primal dieters remain in nutritional ketosis for maintenance.

If you've been increasing your fats, cals and some carbs then it actually is somewhere between IP and Atkins. You can still lose by doing this, but it can be slower unless you understand how to balance your food macros to get optimal nutrition without compromising loss.

Many "Alts" IPers hover somewhere between the two diet types and stay in ketosis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnda View Post
Hi. Was wanting to know on the supplements for IP on their bottles what's the total grams for each that should be consumed. Total gram on the calcium, magnesium, and the potassium? Anyone?
Hope this is what you were looking for:-

IP Supplements

Last edited by Briael; 02-22-2015 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:41 AM   #486  
gaining while I lose!

Default Thank you for info on supplements!

so happy ...thank you so very much for the suppliments info!
I also wondered where I could buy these other than from the
Clinic/Offices... At which Stores perhaps? Other name brand with same
Ingredients? Etc.
Again, THANK YOU😊
Old 02-23-2015, 07:51 AM   #487  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnda View Post
so happy ...thank you so very much for the suppliments info!
I also wondered where I could buy these other than from the
Clinic/Offices... At which Stores perhaps? Other name brand with same
Ingredients? Etc.
Again, THANK YOU😊
Rnda: there is nothing magic about ip supplements. Many of us did fine with a good multi, a potassium, a magnesium, and some fish oil.
Im pretty sure nobody found exact matches.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:07 AM   #488  

S/C/G: 218/120/120 Reboot 185/123/135

Height: 5'3"

I did some research on the supplements and even took an old potassium and magnesium bottle into GNC to find the closest match. The guy said there wasn't anything unusual about the ingredients so I bought them from there. I also use a good, whole foods multi and fish oil. Certainly cheaper than the IP supplements.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:40 PM   #489  

S/C/G: 255/242/165

Height: 5'9"

Having hard time sticking to plan. Scrolling through to see new recipes and motivation. Thank you
Old 02-24-2015, 10:11 AM   #490  
Kevin Reboot FEB2015

S/C/G: 203/160 Restart: 209/206/155

Height: 5'5"

Here's a thought: An IP Alternative Recipe thread. I have been combing through all of the recipe threads, trying to save ones to my computer that did not have IP Packets as part of their ingredient list. Would anyone else find this thread beneficial?
Old 02-24-2015, 01:16 PM   #491  

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 View Post
Here's a thought: An IP Alternative Recipe thread. I have been combing through all of the recipe threads, trying to save ones to my computer that did not have IP Packets as part of their ingredient list. Would anyone else find this thread beneficial?
Any IP recipes can be made with IP brands or with alt brands.
Were you thinking "alternative to IP-plan?"
I'm unsure what your intention would be.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:20 PM   #492  
Rather be riding!

S/C/G: 81.5/75.1/60 since 18Feb2015

Height: 157 cm

Quote:
Honestly, I am just using protein powder and bars as my alternative products, and I'm not sure they can be made into anything else! And the meat + veggies meal is pretty straight forward. I'm a little more flexible with fats than the protocol calls for.

I did enjoy all the 'fun with packets' recipes when I was doing "true" IP last year!
Old 02-24-2015, 01:44 PM   #493  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
I know I would - having to completely avoid soy protein isolate has made using most IP or alt packets impossible - ie, IP pancakes, which are generally made from IP "chocolate pancake" or "crispy cereal" is an absolute no-no for me...but I did find a thread about cauliflower pancakes I'd be willing to try!

Lucky - I think there are things that can be done with protein powder - ie, bread-like recipes.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:28 AM   #494  

Protein powders can be subbed for many of the recipes. That's what I'm using! I also stay away from soy protein and gluten so most IP packets are off limits.

I posted in the recipe thread (and probably in the what are you eating thread) that I was addicted to peanut butter cookies made from the quest powder

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-25-2015 at 07:32 AM.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:15 AM   #495  
Kevin Reboot FEB2015

S/C/G: 203/160 Restart: 209/206/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Any IP recipes can be made with IP brands or with alt brands.
Were you thinking "alternative to IP-plan?"
I'm unsure what your intention would be.
Yes, like your recipe for the Peanut Butter Cookies. I have seen many recipes that use the IP Pancake packet or the puddings. I would find it helpful if there was a recipe thread where only alternatives to the expensive IP Packets were used, much like your postings in the Recipe threads.

Right now, my only alternatives are a few tubs of protein powders and with my limited cooking and baking experience, I am finding it difficult coming up with different ideas. I have tried to substitute IP Packets in recipes on my own with alternative products, but it was absolutely horrible (cauliflower bread sticks). This is what led me to seek out only on plan recipes that do not use the IP Packets to help combat the boredom in meal planning and prep.

I wasn't sure if others that are using alternatives to the IP Packets, but staying On Plan, such as myself would find it helpful to have those recipes all in one thread or to add to.

Just a thought...
Closed Thread