Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 04:31 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

I just tried the Nesfruta water flavouring - it has the same sweetening ingredients and macros as Mio, but their Coconut Pineapple is quite tasty. I could see this being a great 'Pina Mockolada' for those who are at an 'event' and want to feel like they are drinking with the group. It would probably be good with sparkling water too, just top with a mint sprig to make it look like an alcoholic drink if you wish.

Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 10-17-2014 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:24 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsdeere View Post
I buy my eas carb advantage shakes for $4.49 for a 4 pack at my local Target, Walmart is about $1 more for the same 4 pack. (Washington State)
Which Wal-mart do you go to? I always go to the one on Queensgate, but they never have the EAS RTD shakes. I have to buy them at Safeway.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:31 AM   #153  

Question I am NEW to this

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeAvery View Post
Time for a new thread...
I really don't know how to or were to go to post something or comment on something so if this was the wrong place I'm sorry...Today is my first day on doing the Alt. IP diet....this morning I had a EAS vanilla pre made protein shake with some coffee mixed in with it...at lunch I will have another EAS shake with cucumbers, onions and mushrooms on top of lettuce with AP ving. and olive oil with sea salt, supper I will have 8 oz of pork center cut with rutabaga ....all veg.'s will total 2 cups for each meal...my question can someone give me a good idea for the snack IP protein other than another Shake that will be a ALT choice... thanks

Last edited by abbygail2006; 10-20-2014 at 09:37 AM.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:44 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbygail2006 View Post
I really don't know how to or were to go to post something or comment on something so if this was the wrong place I'm sorry...Today is my first day on doing the Alt. IP diet....this morning I had a EAS vanilla pre made protein shake with some coffee mixed in with it...at lunch I will have another EAS shake with cucumbers, onions and mushrooms on top of lettuce with AP ving. and olive oil with sea salt, supper I will have 8 oz of pork center cut with rutabaga ....all veg.'s will total 2 cups for each meal...my question can someone give me a good idea for the snack IP protein other than another Shake that will be a ALT choice... thanks

Based on the menu you described, it sounds like you are doing IP with Alternatives, not the Alternative IP diet. The Alternative diet has additional foods (1 grain, 1 dairy, & 1 fruit per day). If my assumption is correct, then you are in the right place. Read through this thread and the other Alternative Products threads and you will find lots of suggestions. There is a pink graphic in the thread that describes how to pick alternatives.

There are too many choices of alternative foods to list and everyone's tastes vary. Quest bars from GNC are one of the more popular ones (I personally don't like them.) Nashua Nutrition has many good choices for bars, soups, shakes, fruit flavored drinks, etc.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:45 AM   #155  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbygail2006 View Post
Hi there!

This thread (as well as the previous 4 threads) all detail GREAT choices for alternative products, as well as where to buy them. It takes some time to read through but it is time well spent! there are too many options for alternative products to just list them in a single post.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:52 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 274/274/150

Height: 5'8"

Default sweets...

My biggest issue is most of these want you to have sweets 2 or 3 x a day. Shakes and bars. The bars I can stomach but the shakes..not at all..I tried WonderSlim chocolae cream and just not a fan at all. I like ProtiDiet and WonderSim meals like chili, veg sloppy joe, ect. I did try the omelete and liked it as well. Anyone else have issues with the drinks and bars just being too sweet? Thanks
Old 10-21-2014, 06:16 AM   #157  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Cleaned out the Target for EAS RTD and some value pack pure protein bars. Even with the exchange rate they were about half the price I pay in Canada. I'm in P4 now but still like to have them for days I am in a rush or for my P1 days. I may just have to keep buying IP wafers though. I love those things!
Old 10-21-2014, 06:50 AM   #158  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitwander View Post
My biggest issue is most of these want you to have sweets 2 or 3 x a day. Shakes and bars. The bars I can stomach but the shakes..not at all..I tried WonderSlim chocolae cream and just not a fan at all. I like ProtiDiet and WonderSim meals like chili, veg sloppy joe, ect. I did try the omelete and liked it as well. Anyone else have issues with the drinks and bars just being too sweet? Thanks
Absolutely! Both sweets and crunchy junk food. Prior to IP, I had "de sweeted" and was rarely using any sweeteners. I'm gradually reducing it again. I'm off Mio. I make veggie omelets or frittatas (with real eggs, not mixes). The issue for me is that most savory items from all of these companies are made with soy protein. Bad for thyroid.

To me, it's the bars that are too sweet. I can tone shakes down with spinach and plain protein powder.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:27 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Quote:
I NEVER ate artificial sweetener before IP and it was one of several reasons I hesitated to give it a try. If you don't have allergies to specific ingredients, there are many savory options so that you don't have to eat/drink sweet things all day long. I really like the Weight Loss Systems pretzels from Nashua Nutrition and the Kays Naturals Nacho Chili chips. You can always replace a packet with real eggs/whites too. The soups can be very artificial straight from the packet but blending them with veggies makes them more like regular soup.

As Lisa pointed out, there are ways to make the sweet drinks less sweet. A shot of espresso in the chocolate shake make a much more palatable mocha. I mix Syntrex unflavored protein powder with 1/2 a serving of the fruit drinks and then still dilute with extra water to get to a flavor profile I like.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:48 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 274/274/150

Height: 5'8"

Thanks to y'all for the suggestions...I am new and don't know about the other sites out there. I looked at Nashua Nutrition and will try some of their meals. They have quite a bit of a selection and I jumped when I saw spaghetti so thank you as that is my fave food. I am going to brave a pack of ready made shakes from the protein store as suggested by another. I definitely have issues with portion sizes so this is my way to go, at least for a while. I am pretty happy with the tastes of the soup and entrees WonderSlim has but these are lower in carbs so I will get some to try to see if I can transition..I just wind up around 50 carbs with WonderSlim but want to go a bit lower.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:56 AM   #161  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Thanks to y'all for the suggestions...I am new and don't know about the other sites out there. I looked at Nashua Nutrition and will try some of their meals. They have quite a bit of a selection and I jumped when I saw spaghetti so thank you as that is my fave food. I am going to brave a pack of ready made shakes from the protein store as suggested by another. I definitely have issues with portion sizes so this is my way to go, at least for a while. I am pretty happy with the tastes of the soup and entrees WonderSlim has but these are lower in carbs so I will get some to try to see if I can transition..I just wind up around 50 carbs with WonderSlim but want to go a bit lower.
Just remember that Nashua Nutrition isn't an extension of Ideal Protein, so not EVERYTHING that's on there is Phase-1 appropriate. You need to check the calorie, fat and carb content of anything you are going to use in Phase 1 (and I only mention this because several of the pre-made meals and "dinner" items on Nashua are too high in carbs for Phase 1).

The first post of this thread has a breakdown of what those nutritional numbers need to be, so that you can just reference it while you're checking out products!
Old 10-22-2014, 09:45 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 165/145.6/125

Height: 5'3"

Love the new Quest chips (barbeque & sea salt are my favorites). Currently have to order online from Quest but well worth it.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:49 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 165/145.6/125

Height: 5'3"

Question...does restricted mean one per day or one per week or does it depend?
Old 10-22-2014, 09:53 AM   #164  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster2014 View Post
Question...does restricted mean one per day or one per week or does it depend?
Restricted (9-16 net carbs) = one per day

Super restricted (17 or more net carbs) = one per week
Old 10-22-2014, 05:23 PM   #165  

Three weeks in and down 15 #. What I am struggling most with is my diabetes. Low carbs really keep my sugar readings low and I feel like there has to be something reasonably IP compliant to help cover the lows. Any suggestions for what works ?
Closed Thread