Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 10:41 AM   #31  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasta10 View Post
I tried the Proti Diet Peanut Butter and Smooth Caramel Crisp bar today and loved it!
I also tried those for the first time and love them! I am ordering more today. I also need to find a new chip or salty snack. I'm really tired of the sour cream and onion and white cheddar flavors. Would like to have a pizza or bbq flavor. Any recommendations for non-restricted salty snack? I do love the WLS pretzels, wish they made those in different flavors.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:44 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Quest BBQ Chips are great in my opinion and are unrestricted. Only available online right now though
Old 09-19-2014, 10:45 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusTex View Post
I also tried those for the first time and love them! I am ordering more today. I also need to find a new chip or salty snack. I'm really tired of the sour cream and onion and white cheddar flavors. Would like to have a pizza or bbq flavor. Any recommendations for non-restricted salty snack? I do love the WLS pretzels, wish they made those in different flavors.
The new Quest chips are pretty good and unrestricted. If you chew them too long it feels like you are eating paper, but the initial crunch and flavor make up for it.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:49 AM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusTex View Post
Health Smart Protein chips from Nashua Nutrition has bbq & pizza flavors. I avoid due to the soy (which is why I do Quest or Simply chips) but not everyone has that concern.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:41 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I chop the rhubarb, add about half cup water and nuke until very tender.
Then I blend with my immersion blender & add appropriate amt of gelatin. Then pour into single serving dishes & chill
Thanks for the recipe! If you use a half cup of water as stated above, what would be the "appropriate" amount of gelatin?

Thanks again for your help.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:50 PM   #36  

Thanks Skye and Lisa, I have asked at the grocery stores to no avail, I'll have to try other stores and be persistent as I love rhubarb.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:53 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueskies2 View Post
Thanks for the recipe! If you use a half cup of water as stated above, what would be the "appropriate" amount of gelatin?

Thanks again for your help.
Really, it depends on how much rhubarb you're using...so how much liquid you have after pureeing the rhubarb. There should be directions on your gelatin.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:56 PM   #38  

Ideas for me?

Since I'm allergic to most IP foods, I'm only eating 2-3 of them now and supplementing with some alternatives. This is off plan a bit but I can lose 3.5 - 5 lbs. eating 2 Quest bars a day, or 1 Quest and 1 Simply chips so I've been doing that - it feels like a treat and I still lose weight.

I was thinking about what Lisa said about Quest bars creating cravings and I think the chips do that for me (at least they make me feel like having more) and perhaps the bars do too, I REALLY look forward to them! Both of these processed foods make my face break out and trigger rosacea in me (I'm the "Princess and the pea" when it comes to preservatives ).

Anyhow, I've been thinking that I should eat real food in place of those snacks (to be healthy for my body) and just don't know what to eat. Does anyone know what I could have that is real food and gluten free but would be somewhat like a treat?

Thanks.

Last edited by Adventuregurl; 09-19-2014 at 09:20 PM.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:14 PM   #39  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Zucchini or kale chips are a nice crunchy snack that counts toward your veggies

Also making zucchini "apples" would give you something for a sweets/dessert craving that also just counts as a veg

I can't post the links right now but if I find the recipes I'll add to this post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventuregurl View Post
Ideas for me?

Since I'm allergic to most IP foods, I'm only eating 2-3 of them now and supplementing with some alternatives. This is off plan a bit but I can lose 3.5 - 5 lbs. eating 2 Quest bars a day, or 1 Quest and 1 Simply chips so I've been doing that - it feels like a treat and I still lose weight.

I was thinking about what Lisa said about Quest bars creating cravings and I think the chips do that for me (at least they make me feel like having more) and perhaps the bars do too, I REALLY look forward to them! Both of these processed foods make my face break out and trigger rosacea in me (I'm the "Princess and the pea" when it comes to preservatives ).

Anyhow, I've been thinking that I should eat real food in place of those snacks (to be healthy for my body) and just don't know what to eat. Does anyone know what I could have that is real food but would be somewhat like a treat?

Thanks.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:52 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofan View Post
The new Quest chips are pretty good and unrestricted. If you chew them too long it feels like you are eating paper, but the initial crunch and flavor make up for it.
Thanks everyone for chips ideas. I guess I will have to order the quest chips. I tried to find them locally, but no luck. Wahoofan, I'll try not to chew them too long, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Health Smart Protein chips from Nashua Nutrition has bbq & pizza flavors. I avoid due to the soy (which is why I do Quest or Simply chips) but not everyone has that concern.
Thanks Lisa, I like those a lot but pretty sure they are restricted. I try to save restricteds for my evening bars.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:06 PM   #41  

On Sundays I like to have pancakes with a scrambled egg, but I have never been really satisfied with the thin and tough pancakes I end up with. So last weekend I poured the mixture into 6 mini muffin tins, and baked at 350 for maybe 8 min. Much better! I dipped them into WF pancake syrup. They kind of taste like a sweet little muffin. Next time I will add some cinnamon and maybe a drop of vanilla. I use the Proti Diet Natural Flavor Pancakes. Just thought I'd pass it on!
Old 09-19-2014, 09:21 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Zucchini or kale chips are a nice crunchy snack that counts toward your veggies

Also making zucchini "apples" would give you something for a sweets/dessert craving that also just counts as a veg

I can't post the links right now but if I find the recipes I'll add to this post
I would really appreciate that!
Old 09-19-2014, 10:32 PM   #43  

Height: 5'8

Nm

Last edited by southern; 09-19-2014 at 10:34 PM.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:47 PM   #44  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventuregurl View Post
I would really appreciate that!
Zucchini chips: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4444457-post151.html

Kale chips: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3273933-post17.html

Zucchini apples: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4214298-post303.html
Old 09-20-2014, 06:34 PM   #45  

The chips sound good but like a lot of work - wish I could buy them already done .

Does anyone know if the IP oatmeal is gluten free?
Closed Thread