Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 11:44 AM   #16  
I'm a loser!

S/C/G: 320/279.7/200

Height: 5'7"

I can't believe it!! I am down another 3.4 pounds, for a total of 14.7 in two weeks!! No other diet has ever been this easy!
Old 09-15-2014, 11:57 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Congrats everyone on the great losses and NSV's!!

OK, I have a question, while laying in bed last night my stomach started burning really really bad, so bad that I almost went to the er. It lasted about an hour. It's still burning today but not as bad. I'm thinking maybe an ulcer? Has anyone experienced anything like this?
Old 09-15-2014, 12:26 PM   #18  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taye168 View Post
Exciting new week! Made a trip to Wal-Mart yesterday and got some Alternatives. I really like the Pure Protein peanut butter bars and EAS carb control shakes. Anyone have any other faves from Wal-Mart? Some of the Southbeach bars seemed to match criteria but hadn't seen anyone on here using them.

A lot cheaper and just as good

Hope everyone has a great week!!
I'm not sure which SB bars you found, I know that the Phase 1 SB bars are too low in protein (6g is half of what an IP compliant product should be) and the protein bars & meal replacement bars are WAY too high in carbs (I think they are somewhere around 22g - too high to even be a super-restricted). I've looked at the Atkins products too but those are usually too high in fat.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:39 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Hi Kellyc14- I did experience the burning sensation when I first started IP. It lasted about 2 days and was accompanied by the ketoflu. It was pretty bad to the point I couldnt eat, but subsided.

If it keeps up for a long period, I would get checked just to be safe.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:40 PM   #20  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Sgrealtor1 - Best NSV EVER! WTG!

I have been struggling the last couple of weeks. Not with cheating but unintentional screw-ups. Last week I had zero loss at WI which my coach attributed to a college football game and tailgate. I was not prepared but thought I'd made decent food choices. She thought sausage wrap without the wrap was my downfall.

Felt I was really OP this week. Lost 4.2lbs but only 1 lb in fat and 2 lbs in water. I know people don't put much stock into those scales with the fat lbs lost but mine usually equals weight lost with fat lost. No loss of inches in 2wks either. I am not sure where I am going wrong....I thought I'd had a good week.

Anyway, back to strict journaling and measuring/weighing my food. Maybe I've gotten too sloppy with portion sizes.

Trying to keep my chin up and stay positive with a 4lb loss....but I really just want to break down and cry. 2wks of not much movement. I need a whoosh next week.
I spent my 85 pounds in the dark. No special scale at my clinic. Some weeks my inches went up a bit but pulling on the tape can be so inconsistent. I always had a loss, the smallest being .5. I didn't worry about it. I think coaches get too worried about those numbers. I have a $10 scale that shows fat and water %. I'm sure they aren't accurate but I figure they are relative. My fat has gone from 54 to 25 and my water ranges from 52 to 59 and those numbers are pretty indicative of my water consumption.

Those scales at the clinic are not always accurate. Nod and smile at the coach and don't let it stress you. I've had a sausage when I had no other option served to me at a BBQ and I survived. If you know you are following the plan, the weight will come off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Good Morning,

I attended a wedding on Saturday. Nothing was IP friendly. I did have a bar in my purse so I had that on the way to the reception. I had spinach salad and the dressing provided which I know wasn't friendly. I also had some bell peppers that had some spicy chicken in them delicious but I have no idea what was in it. I didn't gain so, maybe I'm okay. Oh, and NO cake and no temptation to have any!! I caught the bouquet and then they made me go up and have the guy the caught the garter belt slide it up my leg. I was really embarrassed.
I'm sure you were less embarrassed than you would have been 30 pounds ago!
Old 09-15-2014, 12:44 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Thanks so much for the words of support. The weigh has been falling off until this point so I shouldn't allow a couple challenging weeks to throw me off my game.

A nice NSV once I got to work, someone told me I needed to go buy new pants. I have to remember how far I've come.

You ladies are the best!! Thanks so much!
Old 09-15-2014, 01:00 PM   #22  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

CenTXChk: I hate to say it but you have to learn to take what your coach says with a grain of salt. I mean you lost FOUR pounds in a week! You wouldn't have done that if you were 'messing' up somehow, so relax and know you are following the plan and even doing the best you can in weeks where there are special events. If you worry too much about those numbers that are not precise, you can end up sabotaging yourself in so many ways. Relax and take a deep breath.

Catlady and Nat, so awesome to get to the Fifty pound mark! Give yourselves big hugs and enjoy this moment.

My weigh in yesterday has me down another 1.8 pounds. I am so very happy with the way I am starting to feel again. Finally updated my weight and measurements on MFP, was hard to see all those 'small' numbers go away but finally in a place where I could let them go. Onward and downward!
Old 09-15-2014, 01:00 PM   #23  

I just bumped into someone who said she didn't recognize me but knew my voice. She joked and said, "what did you do, like lose 100 pounds??" I laughed and said Almost!!!

I find I'm not very efficient at work lately. I work in a big place and meet up with people a lot who have not seen me and everyone wants to talk about my weight loss.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:09 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 208/?/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Congrats everyone on the great losses and NSV's!!

OK, I have a question, while laying in bed last night my stomach started burning really really bad, so bad that I almost went to the er. It lasted about an hour. It's still burning today but not as bad. I'm thinking maybe an ulcer? Has anyone experienced anything like this?
I get ulcers, but it's not IP related... I've gotten them since I was a kid. For me, shortly after eating, I have such severe pain I am totally immobilized. Can only eat very bland food and very little. Also dark, "tarry" poop is a sign of a bleeding ulcer. Hopefully that's not what you are experiencing! My doctors always put me on Prevacid (omeprazole) to clear it up. But I would get it checked by a doctor before taking anything!
Old 09-15-2014, 01:35 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Thanks guys Hubby is very supportive..

Wow 2 people hitting the 50lb mark is awsome...

I am now at the office and don't feel like working LOL... Is it 5 pm yet?
Old 09-15-2014, 01:38 PM   #26  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

HUGE congrats to the 50lb down ladies, that is so wonderful and I'm really pleased for you.

For those getting compliments: enjoy them because you earned every single one and deserve to be praised.

For those who haven't experienced big losses, but are still seeing losses .. stay positive. We're not in it for the short term benefits but the bigger long term goal of losing it. As someone said on a thread last week: maybe you're losing fat around your organs, which is a really important benefit of fat burning. I'd rather my heart had less fat than my hips!

So happy to have found a group of people that I can relate to in the challenges we face. Family and friends aren't always so understanding and don't realise the issues that crop up on IP/Alternatives.

Question: I have been suffering horrible gas. It gets so bad that I get a pain like a stitch just around the hip line/bladder ish area and it can take several hours to dissipate. I've been taking Gas X to try and help it, but I can't keep living on them. I take probiotics (to clear a candida overgrowth - which is all but gone now), but I was wondering if I should be taking the IP enzymes or an alternative, as I've read that this may help. I'd be interested in opinions and/or recommendations for an alternative as my "IP Doctor" is on the opposite side of Texas from us.

Last edited by Briael; 09-15-2014 at 01:39 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:50 PM   #27  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post

Question: I have been suffering horrible gas. It gets so bad that I get a pain like a stitch just around the hip line/bladder ish area and it can take several hours to dissipate. I've been taking Gas X to try and help it, but I can't keep living on them. I take probiotics (to clear a candida overgrowth - which is all but gone now), but I was wondering if I should be taking the IP enzymes or an alternative, as I've read that this may help. I'd be interested in opinions and/or recommendations for an alternative as my "IP Doctor" is on the opposite side of Texas from us.
Gas is a common side effect of the diet. Some of it may come from the sugar alcohols in the products, but some is just an unfortunate price we pay for being on a ketogenic diet. I tried enzymes the last time I was on IP and they really didn't help much...
Old 09-15-2014, 02:02 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
Try the digestive enzymes. They are lifesavers for me, especially for the burning.

To cut the gas, cut the items with sugar alcohols. That should help a lot. Other than that, a lot of it is our bodies getting used to digesting more fiber & it should ease-up.

I used IP enzymes for 2 bottles-worth and then switched to the ones from Vitacost for cost-saving measure.

And, kellyc, probiotics would probably help, as well.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:05 PM   #29  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Gas is a common side effect of the diet. Some of it may come from the sugar alcohols in the products, but some is just an unfortunate price we pay for being on a ketogenic diet. I tried enzymes the last time I was on IP and they really didn't help much...
That saddens me as I have had issues with gas all my life, and was hoping that a more stable/less sugar diet would reduce it. Unfortunately, I have never been able to burp it up, so it just sits and settles inside and makes me feel bad.

Thanks for the answer though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Try the digestive enzymes. They are lifesavers for me, especially for the burning.

To cut the gas, cut the items with sugar alcohols. That should help a lot. Other than that, a lot of it is our bodies getting used to digesting more fiber & it should ease-up.

I used IP enzymes for 2 bottles-worth and then switched to the ones from Vitacost for cost-saving measure.

And, kellyc, probiotics would probably help, as well.

Thanks for the tips. I think I'm going to give the enzymes a shot, as I really have nothing to lose (except the gas! LOL).

Last edited by Briael; 09-15-2014 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:09 PM   #30  

Briael could it be related to your veggie choices? I wasn't a veggie eater pre-IP and my coach was surprised that I wasn't having gas issues. I actually have very little gas (compared to my preIPDiet) which only confirms the naturopath's comments that I am intolerant to yeast, wheat and potatoes which I don't really get a lot of on IP. I know I totally don't digest cooked onions well.
Closed Thread