Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 05:14 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Monday 9/15/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 09-15-2014, 07:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Monday Morning!

Nice and cool here this morning. Frost on my car and needed a jacket to walk the dog. Good thing I closet shopped this weekend! Just working on the final load of laundry now. Took my son shopping for jeans and dress clothes yesterday so he is all set for the school year. The tradition in the High Schools that varsity ice hockey players wear a shirt and tie on game days, so he needed a few new shirts and some more dockers to wear. He also has taken to wearing bow ties and sweater vests so he picked up a new one if those.

Since I found a ton of new / old pants that fit I did not need to buy any. Didn't really find a lot of smaller tops, so I will wear what I have till they are too hobo like bit will go and buy a few smaller ones so I can have a few "feel thin" days lol.

Went out to eat at Chili's last night. First time there since on IP and was happy to see a Light Fare menu....so I had the 6oz sirloin with steamed broccoli and a salad with oil and vinegar. Yeah! As we were eating my husband looked at me and says " I am so damn proud of you for sticking with it" .

Leaving for California a month from today....
Old 09-15-2014, 07:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Went out to eat at Chili's last night. First time there since on IP and was happy to see a Light Fare menu....so I had the 6oz sirloin with steamed broccoli and a salad with oil and vinegar. Yeah! As we were eating my husband looked at me and says " I am so damn proud of you for sticking with it"
The best reason to lose weight is for yourself but it's always a nice bonus to have positive reinforcement from your SO. Great job!
Old 09-15-2014, 09:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
As we were eating my husband looked at me and says " I am so damn proud of you for sticking with it" .

Leaving for California a month from today....
Sgrealtor1 - Best NSV EVER! WTG!

I have been struggling the last couple of weeks. Not with cheating but unintentional screw-ups. Last week I had zero loss at WI which my coach attributed to a college football game and tailgate. I was not prepared but thought I'd made decent food choices. She thought sausage wrap without the wrap was my downfall.

Felt I was really OP this week. Lost 4.2lbs but only 1 lb in fat and 2 lbs in water. I know people don't put much stock into those scales with the fat lbs lost but mine usually equals weight lost with fat lost. No loss of inches in 2wks either. I am not sure where I am going wrong....I thought I'd had a good week.

Anyway, back to strict journaling and measuring/weighing my food. Maybe I've gotten too sloppy with portion sizes.

Trying to keep my chin up and stay positive with a 4lb loss....but I really just want to break down and cry. 2wks of not much movement. I need a whoosh next week.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:34 AM   #5  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Went out to eat at Chili's last night. First time there since on IP and was happy to see a Light Fare menu....so I had the 6oz sirloin with steamed broccoli and a salad with oil and vinegar. Yeah! As we were eating my husband looked at me and says " I am so damn proud of you for sticking with it" . .
Awesome job!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Sgrealtor1 - Best NSV EVER! WTG!

I have been struggling the last couple of weeks. Not with cheating but unintentional screw-ups. Last week I had zero loss at WI which my coach attributed to a college football game and tailgate. I was not prepared but thought I'd made decent food choices. She thought sausage wrap without the wrap was my downfall.

Felt I was really OP this week. Lost 4.2lbs but only 1 lb in fat and 2 lbs in water. I know people don't put much stock into those scales with the fat lbs lost but mine usually equals weight lost with fat lost. No loss of inches in 2wks either. I am not sure where I am going wrong....I thought I'd had a good week.

Trying to keep my chin up and stay positive with a 4lb loss....but I really just want to break down and cry. 2wks of not much movement. I need a whoosh next week.
Ok first things first...BREATHE....AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The week that you had no loss - did you have a change in your measurements? Remember that this journey is NOT just measured on the scale.

Second - you ate some really salty meat (sausage) and experienced a large water weight drop this week....it's VERY likely that you were retaining water that needed to be let go. You should not (and your coach should not) worry if one week shows a higher water loss than fat loss. Water comes off a LOT faster than fat, and one week of that isn't a sign of a problem.

Third - do NOT get discouraged because you had one week of low loss and one week of high loss - that is NORMAL. Weight loss is NOT linear - meaning it will NOT be a straight line slanting downward. The body has to normalize along the way - it's VERY common to have one high loss week, followed by a week or two of low to no losses (but very likely measurement changes!). As long as you are on a downward trend, you're good. A "stall" in loss is defined by SEVERAL weeks of no change in either the scale or measurements.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:06 AM   #6  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

SGREaltor....what an AMAZING NSV! I don't know that my hubby ever said that to me! But my mom did and it felt REALLY good! You are doing amazing....how awesome on your "new" clothes!

CenTXChk....Scorbett gave you great advice! I only weighed once a week while on P1 (to keep my sanity)....but now that I am weighing daily as a maintainer, I can tell you that I can vary up to 3 lbs in the matter of a day! If you are dropping, then you are doing great! Preparation is the KEY to successful outings. Even when you prepare, something is always bound to go awry. I think adapting is a GREAT skill to learn for maintenance!

Last edited by evemomma; 09-15-2014 at 10:06 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 189/162.5/168

Exciting new week! Made a trip to Wal-Mart yesterday and got some Alternatives. I really like the Pure Protein peanut butter bars and EAS carb control shakes. Anyone have any other faves from Wal-Mart? Some of the Southbeach bars seemed to match criteria but hadn't seen anyone on here using them.

A lot cheaper and just as good

Hope everyone has a great week!!
Old 09-15-2014, 10:39 AM   #8  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

SG, That is awesome that he said that to you!

CenTXchk: your scale is going in the right direction! As long as you stay OP the weight will come off.

It is official, I hit over 50 pounds lost this week. Thank you for all the congrats when I posted on Friday!
Old 09-15-2014, 10:45 AM   #9  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Good Morning All!

I survived my first weekend travelling on IP. The game was so hot, I probably drank 10 bottles of Dasani water (at $3.50 a pop) on top of drinking water before and after the game. My Mom's fitbit registered us as walking 14,000 steps too. It was a great time and it feels good staying OP even when your schedule is varying.

NSV - I saw a lot of people I hadn't seen in a while at this game, including my family, brother, some other player's parents, etc. and I got so many compliments on how good they thought I looked and I even heard the word 'skinny' a few times. :GASP: I also posted a couple pics on FB from the game and got a lot of comments from friends on how good I was looking and even heard the 'skinny' word there too! It was a major confidence booster and I gave myself an extra pat on the back for passing up that really good bread at Ruth's Chris and staying OP 100% for the trip.

Last edited by kissi; 09-15-2014 at 10:46 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:51 AM   #10  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taye168 View Post
Exciting new week! Made a trip to Wal-Mart yesterday and got some Alternatives. I really like the Pure Protein peanut butter bars and EAS carb control shakes. Anyone have any other faves from Wal-Mart? Some of the Southbeach bars seemed to match criteria but hadn't seen anyone on here using them.

A lot cheaper and just as good

Hope everyone has a great week!!
I used the EAS RTD shakes most of my time on P1. I am trying to find a long-term non-soy alternative for maitanence, but really like the taste (and price) of the EAS choc fudge carb control shakes. I got them at Sam's club for under $1 a drink. I do have some Pure Protein bars now, but I did not eat them in P1 because they contained sugar alcohols (some report that this may slow weight loss). But I mostly didn't do traditional bars of any kind (IP or Pure) because I got completely addicted Quest Bars. More expensive but delicious, and I have many stores around me that carry them. I never found other bars that seemed to meet IP guidelines (Atkins, Premier, South Beach, Cliff)...but I did not do an exhaustive search. You may find more info on the Alternative Products thread.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:58 AM   #11  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning,

I attended a wedding on Saturday. Nothing was IP friendly. I did have a bar in my purse so I had that on the way to the reception. I had spinach salad and the dressing provided which I know wasn't friendly. I also had some bell peppers that had some spicy chicken in them delicious but I have no idea what was in it. I didn't gain so, maybe I'm okay. Oh, and NO cake and no temptation to have any!! I caught the bouquet and then they made me go up and have the guy the caught the garter belt slide it up my leg. I was really embarrassed.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:10 AM   #12  

kissi: That is such a great feeling! Weird to hear the word skinny isn't it? Get used to it! It is going to happen more often!

Jemma: I hate not knowing what is in the food when it is prepared by someone else. But it sounds like you did the best you could given the circumstances. Its fine...and you could have done much worse! You deserve a pat on the back!
Old 09-15-2014, 11:10 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Default 50 Pounds lost!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1015 View Post
SG, That is awesome that he said that to you!

CenTXchk: your scale is going in the right direction! As long as you stay OP the weight will come off.

It is official, I hit over 50 pounds lost this week. Thank you for all the congrats when I posted on Friday!

TX: Down is good. It will come off as the others have said. Stick with it.

Congrats SG! It's nice when people notice your hard work.

Nat: Congrats! That's great news!

I have the same news! I hit 50 lbs lost on IP as of yesterday morning's WI. Saturday is my official WI day so I'll change my ticker then. I am so thrilled with this diet. I had just about given up hope of losing. I'm older and pre-menopausal and had been told it would be really hard to loose the weight. It hasn't been hard. Being fat was hard. I'm rethinking my goal weight now since 145 still doesn't have me at an average BMI.

I want to thank all the wonderful people here who have helped and encouraged me. These boards are the best!
Old 09-15-2014, 11:13 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
TX: Down is good. It will come off as the others have said. Stick with it.

Congrats SG! It's nice when people notice your hard work.

Nat: Congrats! That's great news!

I have the same news! I hit 50 lbs lost on IP as of yesterday morning's WI. Saturday is my official WI day so I'll change my ticker then. I am so thrilled with this diet. I had just about given up hope of losing. I'm older and pre-menopausal and had been told it would be really hard to loose the weight. It hasn't been hard. Being fat was hard. I'm rethinking my goal weight now since 145 still doesn't have me at an average BMI.

I want to thank all the wonderful people here who have helped and encouraged me. These boards are the best!
Woohoo! I don't know what it is about the 50 pound mark but it seems significant to me. LOL WTG!

And I agree...this is the best diet ever! Edited to add: AND the best BOARD!

Last edited by nat1015; 09-15-2014 at 11:14 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:42 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 208/?/150

Height: 5'9"

Congrats on the 50 pound losses Nat and Catlady!!!!
Closed Thread