Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 10:29 PM   #31  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Just returned from a work event of my husbands, rockin a new outfit and feeling so much more confident in front of all these strangers that never knew I was overweight. Luckily the meal was 100% OP. It wasn't hard to not drink but it was hard having to listen to some of the people who had drank too much. It was challenging to resist all the snacks that were lying around (more because I was bored) but I did. I really am looking forward to fun days. Is that bad? I am totally ok that they will only be once a week but I will enjoy that day.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:32 PM   #32  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

I was VERY tired the first three months of IP. As I neared my goal, i think my pounds down helped with restricted calories and I wasn't even hungry.
Old 09-13-2014, 11:46 PM   #33  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

In terms of taking good care of myself, this was a very good day today -- Although I have been short on sleep all week, I made myself get up this morning and I made it on time to my 3rd fitness session this week. My IP clinic has small fitness classes mostly attended by current and former IP dieters. It's very low impact but very good all around body workout. This is my 2nd week - my ability to do the moves is improving each time I go.

And then, I made my potato puree into rolls to have for lunch. Very close to bread - a nice addition to the menu, and one more tool for helping me stay on program!

My next major activity was to shower. make up and get dressed up fancy to go to the 3rd anniversary party for my favorite dance studio -- good music and good dancing made a very fun evening! And though there was lots of food, including a cake, I had no interest in it at all. Amazing that since I have been on IP I really have lost that constant temptation to have something that's not OP. Definitely a NSV!!

Now it's pushing midnite and I just finished off the last bit of my Chocolate RTD that I had started earlier today, so I am heading for the bed place to have a good sleep. I am grateful for very good days like this, and for having this forum to share about them.
Old 09-14-2014, 12:13 AM   #34  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post

And then, I made my potato puree into rolls to have for lunch. Very close to bread - a nice addition to the menu, and one more tool for helping me stay on program!
Oneuh2, I would LOVE this recipe from you, please, it sounds SO yummy.
Old 09-14-2014, 12:45 AM   #35  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXWineo View Post
My hunger isn't usually too bad, but the exhaustion is all the time. It's not just when I exert myself... But I just feel like I need a nap all day long. Makes it hard to study or clean after kiddo goes to bed, since all I want to do is sleep. I'm in the middle of my week 4, so hopefully I get some energy soon!
Hi TXWineo, I went through a period of being so sleepy. It was around the time period you are mentioning. It got better for me, although I did start going to bed at 10 instead of midnight too.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:04 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Congratulations txwineo, welcome to onederland!

Lisa- enjoy the outing and great thinking to stay focused on the social aspects not the food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy1014 View Post
a dessert potluck where everyone brings their favorite dessert and it's a night of drinking and sweets. I opted out this time, as I don't think I'm quite strong enough for that yet after a little more than a week on the program. I hope that over time as I get used to the big changes in my diet and strengthen my "just say no" muscle that I will be able to see events like that as purely social and go and enjoy the people and atmosphere, but I'm not there yet. !
Lucy- very smart choice to not go. I don't think my resistance muscle would be strong enough for a dessert potluck ever! There would be nothing to eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Just returned from a work event of my husbands, rockin a new outfit and feeling so much more confident in front of all these strangers that never knew I was overweight. Luckily the meal was 100% OP. It wasn't hard to not drink but it was hard having to listen to some of the people who had drank too much. It was challenging to resist all the snacks that were lying around (more because I was bored) but I did. I really am looking forward to fun days. Is that bad? I am totally ok that they will only be once a week but I will enjoy that day.
Chip- sounds like you had a great night, love how much more confident you were feeling. I'm sure you looked beautiful in your new outfit.

I'm enjoying my kid free weekend, DH and I did some chore and then dinner and a movie. Cold is still with me hoping it leaves soon. It is making me tired.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:12 AM   #37  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Another beautiful weekend day here in New England. Yesterday we got a LOT accomplished including closing up the pool (wahhhhh) and planting fall flowers! Need to get back out and start some fall clean up/weeding today. I very much enjoy working outdoors and HOPE it shows on the scale at the end of the week lol!!

As opposed to my gardening skills, my kitchen skills have much to be desired.
I purchased a zucchini "spaghetti slicer" thingy and have yet to try it. I would like to make a soup but the recipes I see add lots of spices/ingredients etc., which really scares me and then I change my mind! I need an EASY PEASY quick recipe. Can I just use chix or veg broth from a box and maybe add celery slices, and THEN add the spaghetti zucchini? And is that what you do.....add the zucchini at the very end so it doesn't get too soggy? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Hope everyone has a Super Sunday!!
Old 09-14-2014, 07:42 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Well got a lot done yesterday around the house. Of course husband and son didn't help or do a thing I asked them to do but that's fine, my walk in closet is cleaned out and organized for the fall. I have about 40 pair of pants that I found in varying sizes 18 & 20's that all fit
So I don't need pants for a while lol. And I packed up the capris for the winter and next year I can deal with them. Got rid of some of the ratty looking ones, but I still may need some if them for my trip to CA in a few weeks. Weather is still warm there.

Shirts are another story. Donation bag is filled with some 22/24's and I am holding on to some for my CA trip. Don't have a lot of the smaller sized shirts for fall winter so I need to buy a few key pieces for work to go with my 40 + pair of pants LOL...seriously I am a clothes hoarded and with a big closet things get lost. Have 2 more tubs of shirts to go thru today and the 6 dresser drawers and I'm done. Gave hubby and son the warning that theirs needed to be done today so we can go to kohls tonight....not waisting my 30% off coupon lol

Made the turnip fries last night for dinner. They were not crispy, but tasted yummy anyway. Will defiantly make them again.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:02 AM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
Oneuh2, I would LOVE this recipe from you, please, it sounds SO yummy.
There are bunches of recipe links in the first list of this thread every day.

Here is the potato bread/roll recipe
It also works for sweeter muffins

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4815317-post89.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
I purchased a zucchini "spaghetti slicer" thingy and have yet to try it. I would like to make a soup but the recipes I see add lots of spices/ingredients etc., which really scares me and then I change my mind! I need an EASY PEASY quick recipe. Can I just use chix or veg broth from a box and maybe add celery slices, and THEN add the spaghetti zucchini? And is that what you do.....add the zucchini at the very end so it doesn't get too soggy? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
You could do that but it wouldn't be very flavorful. That's what all those spices are for!

I make a pretty simple chicken soup by pre-roasting a chicken & then taking off all the meat. The skin I discard. The bones go into a separate pot with veggie scraps for the next bone broth (good source of natural collagen!)

I put celery, leeks, and mushrooms in a pot with chicken broth. When the veggies are soft, I add the chopped up chicken, salt, pepper, garlic, and a poultry spice blend. This simple, low carb chicken soup is my go-to for all colds and flu season. You could also use cauli rice or zoodles right at the end.

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-14-2014 at 08:10 AM.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:00 AM   #40  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
Another beautiful weekend day here in New England. Yesterday we got a LOT accomplished including closing up the pool (wahhhhh) and planting fall flowers! Need to get back out and start some fall clean up/weeding today. I very much enjoy working outdoors and HOPE it shows on the scale at the end of the week lol!!

Hope everyone has a Super Sunday!!
LOL I woke up this morning wishing it was July I've been in MA for 28 years and I'm still not crazy about the cold weather here!

Don't be afraid of spices!! If you aren't comfortable measuring out individual spices you can always look for a premixed blend like Mrs. Dash. My favorite soups happen when I just throw in my favorite veggies, add some salt, pepper, basil and paprika, and simmer until my house smells amazing!
Old 09-14-2014, 09:16 AM   #41  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I make a pretty simple chicken soup by pre-roasting a chicken & then taking off all the meat. The skin I discard. The bones go into a separate pot with veggie scraps for the next bone broth (good source of natural collagen!)

I put celery, leeks, and mushrooms in a pot with chicken broth. When the veggies are soft, I add the chopped up chicken, salt, pepper, garlic, and a poultry spice blend. This simple, low carb chicken soup is my go-to for all colds and flu season. You could also use cauli rice or zoodles right at the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post

Don't be afraid of spices!! If you aren't comfortable measuring out individual spices you can always look for a premixed blend like Mrs. Dash. My favorite soups happen when I just throw in my favorite veggies, add some salt, pepper, basil and paprika, and simmer until my house smells amazing!

OH THANK YOU Ladies!!! I will try your suggestions!!!

PS: Scorbett.....I'm not digging this fall weather either lol! Been doing it for 50 and I'm ready for a change!! Planning to head south in a few years!!
Old 09-14-2014, 09:31 AM   #42  
Started WW 2/2/15

S/C/G: 240/218/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone!!

Hope you all have a great Sunday. Yummy soup ideas - thanks so much.

I have been enjoying the weather! I am crazy I know We were living in the southwest caring for a family and I couldn't wait to get back here! I have been here for 14 yrs, but came from the Midwest so it is very similar weather. Except here I just love living by the ocean!! I have always loved and appreciated the seasons and really missed that. We all have to find our "happy" place

Have a great day!
Old 09-14-2014, 09:36 AM   #43  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

I just do not understand anyone that does not LOVE fall in New England. LOL I actually really love the crisp cool air of fall. I went out this morning and was so happy that it was cool.

I go through periods of time that I am more tired than others for really no explanation (same thing for hunger). I have the ability to take a nap during the day if I need to and this week I have really been trying to take those naps if I am dragging. This week was a tired one. The scale is going down though...I'm expecting a decent weigh in tomorrow so I like to think that we are extra tired because our bodies are working hard to be extra fat burning machines that week. Even if that is false information, I like to think it!

SG, that is awesome that you can shop in your closet! And how motivating to fit in clothes that you didn't before!
Old 09-14-2014, 09:59 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Another New Englander here! I am happy that the heat is gone but would appreciate a gradual transition to fall. We had some much needed rain last night and my plants are looking happier. I love fall, but miss the peace that I find in the garden during the cold months.

Disgal, during the school year, I use ready made broth. I put in all the veggies that Lisa mentioned. I add the zucchini mid way, but leafy veggies like Kale or spinach near the end. Depending on the soup, I sometimes add curry and ginger or Italian spices. Penzey spices are available online and you can choose premixed flavors- love their Greek mix! I have also made little chicken meatballs using ground chicken and thrown them in the soup.

For those of you that are feeling tired, just curious, are you taking all your supplements?

Last edited by Slipfree; 09-14-2014 at 10:01 AM.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:21 AM   #45  
IP Start 6/17/14

S/C/G: 216/160.8/160.0

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Well got a lot done yesterday around the house. Of course husband and son didn't help or do a thing I asked them to do but that's fine, my walk in closet is cleaned out and organized for the fall. I have about 40 pair of pants that I found in varying sizes 18 & 20's that all fit
So I don't need pants for a while lol. And I packed up the capris for the winter and next year I can deal with them. Got rid of some of the ratty looking ones, but I still may need some if them for my trip to CA in a few weeks. Weather is still warm there.

Shirts are another story. Donation bag is filled with some 22/24's and I am holding on to some for my CA trip. Don't have a lot of the smaller sized shirts for fall winter so I need to buy a few key pieces for work to go with my 40 + pair of pants LOL...seriously I am a clothes hoarded and with a big closet things get lost. Have 2 more tubs of shirts to go thru today and the 6 dresser drawers and I'm done. Gave hubby and son the warning that theirs needed to be done today so we can go to kohls tonight....not waisting my 30% off coupon lol

Made the turnip fries last night for dinner. They were not crispy, but tasted yummy anyway. Will defiantly make them again.
I am headed for CA in a few weeks too.....for business...the same business you are in. Could we be attending the same events? I know the world is small.....
Closed Thread