Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 09:15 PM   #451  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
You are rocking it JJTx! 100lbs is amazing! I hope to be as big of a loser as you!

I had a miserable WI this week. But I think my coach and I figured out where I went wrong with my plan (eating a processed protein). Had shrimp last night with cauliflower fried rice and saw a drop on my home scale this morning. I hope to be back on track.

Does anyone keep a spreadsheet or list at home of your losses? I am no where near Avalon1957's cool charts but based on a 3lb per week loss, I anticipate making goal by the end of April. After a couple weeks of not great losses I had to add some weeks to my spreadsheet. . Sadly that spreadsheet was really motivating me until now. I was dreaming where I would be at Valentines Day or by spring break. My birthday is May 6th and I *really* want to be at goal by then. fingers crossed I don't have to add anymore weeks to it.

Several of the new posters have been talking about their exercise programs which has started me thinking about starting walking at minimum. I would like to get back into yoga or try Pilates. I've pretty much decided that I am going to hire a trainer when I reach goal. Need to set myself up for success the best way I can...and working out has never been my strong point.
I agree -- JjTX has a serious reason to celebrate -- 100 lbs is fabulous!

Meanwhile - please buck up, CenTXChk!!! You have lost 81 lbs in not quite 8 months, at a pace of more than 10lbs a week average by my rough estimate... That's spectacular!

You know it took you more time than that to put the extra pounds on. Your willingness to hang in all these months, staying OP, proves you have what it takes to finish all the way to goal -- provided you can convince yourself that you are worth the effort. You can do it, even it take a few weeks longer than your original estimated schedule.

You know you can do it.

Personally, I am looking forward to having you on board here at 3FC for maintenance, too -- we summer starters are converging on maintenance together in a very few months. I look forward to having you along on my maintenance journey.... and casting a smaller shadow as it happens!!!
Old 01-27-2015, 09:36 PM   #452  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Bucking up Oneuh2! I know I should feel proud of my progress. Even knowing that, it is amazing how a couple bad weeks can affect your attitude.

Thank you for the kick in the rear.

I look forward to maintenance with you too. I worry that I will relapse into my old eating habits when I reach goal. I love that we will have such a supportive group going through maintenance together! I may very well need another kick or 2 in the rear. Glad to know I can count on ya!
Old 01-27-2015, 09:44 PM   #453  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:

Does anyone keep a spreadsheet or list at home of your losses?
I keep two - a Word doc with the loss, hydration, body fat, fat mass, loss totals by week; and an Excel spreadsheet with first page showing weight and measurements and the second showing weight only with a graph (thanks to Avalon for making that simple).
Old 01-27-2015, 10:16 PM   #454  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

I keep a Google sheet with my weigh-ins and measurements, but it's not anything fancy. I also log my weight in to MFP and that charts progress.

No one is going to backslide!! We're hitting maintenance together!
Old 01-27-2015, 10:54 PM   #455  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

CentTXChk... Briael... JjTX.... You Texans are too terrific!!!
I am so glad to have connected with y'all! We are becoming a mutual admiration society, we IPeeps!!!

regarding graphs...
I have my Aria scale by Fitbit that wirelessly posts my daily at home weigh in's to the software and generates a nice graph of weight, fat percentage, BMI... and of course the Fitbit pedometer sync's up too to create a graph.
Then there is the graph on the DietBet site since I signed up for the 6 month challenge on January 1st.
I think that's enough graphic visuals for me... right now, like you guys, I am trying to emerge from a holding pattern -- I want to see those numbers declining regularly on the scale, itself -- that's the thrilling way I want to start every day!

Meanwhile... Just to focus on something else besides a slow moving scale read-out, for a moment... does anyone else take tiny bites and try to make the better tasting IP or alternative protein items last as long as possible? I found myself really nit picking my way through my oatmeal this morning... I think it took me 2 hours to finish it off! I was laughing at myself as I took the bowl to the sink, realizing how long I had managed to stretch out the experience of eating my oatmeal.

I do this with the double choc IP brownie, too.... I try to make it last as long as possible... my favorite treat of any day on program.

And then this evening I cut up a Cinnamon Bun Quest Bar and baked it on a cookie sheet.... each of the 6 little cookies was carefully nibbled over the course of an hour. An hour of yum!
Old 01-27-2015, 11:25 PM   #456  
Restarted IP 1/1/17

S/C/G: 280/265/180

Height: 6' 1.5"

Thanks for the last couple of pages of great results! My own motivation suffered this week with the Blizzard of 2015 here on Cape Cod, and just reading the past few pages re-motivated me! Thanks vey much!.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:53 AM   #457  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post

Meanwhile... Just to focus on something else besides a slow moving scale read-out, for a moment... does anyone else take tiny bites and try to make the better tasting IP or alternative protein items last as long as possible? I found myself really nit picking my way through my oatmeal this morning... I think it took me 2 hours to finish it off! I was laughing at myself as I took the bowl to the sink, realizing how long I had managed to stretch out the experience of eating my oatmeal.
Hahahah, I thought I may have been alone in this. I nibble the corners off the two bars I like very slowly, then I even them out, then start on the corners again. Are you my twin from other parents? LOL

The oatmeal always feels like it should be at least twice the portion it ends up as, but at least it's filling.

Gained half a pound this week, but the tape measure loves me - especially the hips, thighs and butt. According to hubby's very complex spreadsheet I lost 1.2 lbs fat and gained 1.8lbs of muscle for the net gain of 0.6lbs. I'll take it if it means squeezing my pearshaped butt into smaller pants!

So loving seeing this thread very active again, it keeps me chugging along in my little sort-of-IP world.

EDIT: Oh, hubby's phasing out early so he can get focused on spinning classes - can't beat a man in spandex *grin*. He's disappointed in his body fat percentage and determined to build lean muscle. He had his first S'mores Quest bar and is now a fan, so I'm thinking he may end up getting a box of each, so I'll get a nibble in from time to time. He's never been too fussy on calories or carbs being over though.

I was reading all the Super Bowl food suggestions and I wondered if chopping the Quest bars into small squares would be a good sweet treat in between protein and veggie snacks. I figured that if the bar is too big on cals/carbs for a whole one as a portion, you could cut the ends off and use a variety of them for a sweet tray!

Last edited by Briael; 01-28-2015 at 12:59 AM.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:53 AM   #458  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
I had to bump this thread. I've done a lot of reflecting today about the last 7 months - and I went back to the first few pages of this thread. Those of us who started posting here have come a long way! I know I rely on your advise and support to keep going on this long road.
100 lbs.....your rocking this! So happy for you....

Quote:
You are rocking it JJTx! 100lbs is amazing! I hope to be as big of a loser as you!

I had a miserable WI this week. But I think my coach and I figured out where I went wrong with my plan (eating a processed protein). Had shrimp last night with cauliflower fried rice and saw a drop on my home scale this morning. I hope to be back on track.

Does anyone keep a spreadsheet or list at home of your losses? I am no where near Avalon1957's cool charts but based on a 3lb per week loss, I anticipate making goal by the end of April. After a couple weeks of not great losses I had to add some weeks to my spreadsheet. . Sadly that spreadsheet was really motivating me until now. I was dreaming where I would be at Valentines Day or by spring break. My birthday is May 6th and I *really* want to be at goal by then. fingers crossed I don't have to add anymore weeks to it.

Several of the new posters have been talking about their exercise programs which has started me thinking about starting walking at minimum. I would like to get back into yoga or try Pilates. I've pretty much decided that I am going to hire a trainer when I reach goal. Need to set myself up for success the best way I can...and working out has never been my strong point.
I keep an excel spreadsheet of my progress...weight and inches. Nothing fancy but I like to watch the totals grow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking_Jim View Post
Thanks for the last couple of pages of great results! My own motivation suffered this week with the Blizzard of 2015 here on Cape Cod, and just reading the past few pages re-motivated me! Thanks vey much!.
Jim I saw on the news yesterday that grocery stores ran out of fresh produce 1st! So much for the bread and milk lol....maybe society is changing. We were also snowed in but of my own making. Only had 5 inches but after shoveling took a day to relax. Catch up on some TV and do laundry. You really have to plan for days like that and keep out of the kitchen....I manned myself with my water jug and kept drinking to keep the munchies away!

I do plan on working maintenance with you all, however my losses have slowed significantly. I'm still losing, but those days of 3 and 4 a week are gone. I am slow and steady at 1 - 1 1/2 a week with the occasional 2. I'm good with that! So glad w all have each other...
Old 01-28-2015, 07:05 AM   #459  

JJTx
Congrats!

Sgrealtor: happens to everyone. But those lbs still add up. Keep pushin on!
Old 01-28-2015, 09:36 AM   #460  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:

I am in the same place that you are. What is a processed protein?
Old 01-28-2015, 10:32 AM   #461  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Thanks everyone for your kind words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
I do plan on working maintenance with you all, however my losses have slowed significantly. I'm still losing, but those days of 3 and 4 a week are gone. I am slow and steady at 1 - 1 1/2 a week with the occasional 2. I'm good with that! So glad w all have each other...
No worries, I think we're all slowing down but still losing so it's all the right direction. I figure I have at least 4-5 months to go on Phase 1. Slow and steady wins the race, right? We'll get there!
Old 01-28-2015, 12:16 PM   #462  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I am in the same place that you are. What is a processed protein?
Organic turkey hotdogs and chicken sausage. I guess low fat lunch meat would also fall into this category. Guess I got too creative with the protein list.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:51 PM   #463  
Started IP 8/5/2014

S/C/G: 240/183/154

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
CentTXChk... Briael... JjTX....

I do this with the double choc IP brownie, too.... I try to make it last as long as possible... my favorite treat of any day on program.

And then this evening I cut up a Cinnamon Bun Quest Bar and baked it on a cookie sheet.... each of the 6 little cookies was carefully nibbled over the course of an hour. An hour of yum!
Yes! I eat my IP Triple Chocolate Wafer in slow little bites. I also have lately enjoyed my "Bucks" Chai Tea Latte made with Tazo Chai tea and IP Vanilla RTD. I drink that slow so I can enjoy it longer.

I think this might be good practice for those occasions we eat sweets in maintenance. While others might have a large portion of a dessert, if I could eat a small piece slowly, I think I would be just as satisfied. I don't think I would feel like I was missing anything.

Ok, so here's my funny thing I do. If something smells good, but it isn't on plan, I find my self just really enjoying the smell. I don't have to eat the brownie, I just want to enjoy the smell of it.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:46 PM   #464  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lose2Win2014 View Post
Ok, so here's my funny thing I do. If something smells good, but it isn't on plan, I find my self just really enjoying the smell. I don't have to eat the brownie, I just want to enjoy the smell of it.
Lol! I smell EVERYTHING! It has become a running joke with friends and co-workers. I am the weird girl who will smell your food.

Today, work brought in Italian food for lunch. I took a big wiff before running out the door. Italian is something I really miss!!

Last edited by CenTXChk; 01-28-2015 at 06:28 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:59 PM   #465  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Organic turkey hotdogs and chicken sausage. I guess low fat lunch meat would also fall into this category. Guess I got too creative with the protein list.
OK thank you, I was curious if I might be doing that too!!! I do!
Closed Thread