Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 09:53 AM   #121  
Started IP Sep 12/14

S/C/G: 271.9/235/150 or 140

Height: 5'7" (Age 51)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofan View Post
Andi -

You don't have to eat all your meat at once. You can have part at lunch and part at dinner, or however else you would like to break it up during the day. That may help in the beginning as you get used to the quantity. Plus then you can have you lunch packet as a snack some other time during the day.
Thanx Wahoofan, I'll have to try that instead. Maybe doing it this way will help me to look forward to the dinner..right now, knowing 8 oz of meat is ahead of me, I dread dinner time Sounds crazy doesn't it? I've never been on a diet where I dread eating because it makes me feel sick to have to eat so much.

I wish I'd have known about IP years ago. It would have sounded like a dream come true back then (well, it still does). A diet where I could lose weight having oil and salt. No exercise. Eating more than I feel comfortable with. Wow! it really does seem too good to be true. But I know it's real
Old 09-26-2014, 09:59 AM   #122  
Started IP Sep 12/14

Default What does it mean?...

Maybe someone wouldn't mind explaining to me what "DH" stands for please? Reading between the lines of other posts I'm assuming it means husband. But don't get the "D". Is it "Dear Husband"? Please forgive my "green-ness"..not used to these message boards yet..just trying to learn everything I can
Old 09-26-2014, 01:11 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

DH = Dear Husband, Darling Husband or D*mn Husband depending on context, lol.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:56 PM   #124  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Hahahaha, love this and SO true.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:14 PM   #125  
Started IP Sep 12/14

Default Just trying out the new ticker

Even though my starting weight at IP was 277, I'm starting my ticker weight with 271 because that was my true naked weight, first thing that morning. Hope that's ok. And my goal weight is somewhere in between 150-170...so I figured I'd compromise

Last edited by Miss_Andi; 09-26-2014 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Wanted to add more detail
Old 09-27-2014, 10:47 AM   #126  
Started IP Sep 12/14

Default Thanx canadjineh

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
I figured it was something like that. And someone else had posted "DS", so I'm assuming that means "Dear Sister", since her sister was mentioned in the post. Thanx also for the chuckle. I can think of a few other things the "D" could stand for also..when it comes to husbands..lol. But we won't go there

Last edited by Miss_Andi; 09-27-2014 at 10:50 AM.
Old 09-27-2014, 12:04 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 260/254/155

Thank you for starting this thread.. I am down 7 with 98 to go.. WE all can do this
Old 09-28-2014, 10:28 AM   #128  
Started IP Sep 12/14

Default New Scales...

I ordered myself a new set of scales from Amazon on Friday. They are also supposed to give you a "fat loss" reading. Don't know how accurate they'll be but really looking forward to trying them out
Old 09-28-2014, 10:31 AM   #129  
Started IP Sep 12/14

Default Weight Loss Ticker...

Does anyone know why the weight loss ticker I created doesn't show up in my posts? It showed up only the one time and that was when I created it. Do I have to re-create it then copy/paste it each time I post?
Old 09-28-2014, 10:37 AM   #130  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Andi View Post
Does anyone know why the weight loss ticker I created doesn't show up in my posts? It showed up only the one time and that was when I created it. Do I have to re-create it then copy/paste it each time I post?
I think you have to have 20 posts and possibly a time requirement too. Keep posting!

Re fat loss on your scale, I don't think they're accurate so I would never ever get upset or change anything based on the value. That said, I do like to read mine because it seems to be consistent with my weight. If wt goes down, so does fat % and vice versa. But if I were aiming to be, say, 25% body fat in an absolute sense, I would not base it on my home scale. My IP coach has the 'accurate' one which is quite costly. Once, a long time ago, I got the 'gold standard' water immersion procedure to measure it.

Last edited by mars735; 09-28-2014 at 10:43 AM.
Old 09-28-2014, 11:00 AM   #131  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

If you are using the scales that show body fat and hydration levels (anything beyond the weight and BMI), you should wet your feet before you stand on the metal stripes. The water helps with the conductivity and gives more accurate readings.
Old 09-28-2014, 11:26 AM   #132  
Started IP Sep 12/14

Default Thanx mars735...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
I think you have to have 20 posts and possibly a time requirement too. Keep posting!

Re fat loss on your scale, I don't think they're accurate so I would never ever get upset or change anything based on the value. That said, I do like to read mine because it seems to be consistent with my weight. If wt goes down, so does fat % and vice versa. But if I were aiming to be, say, 25% body fat in an absolute sense, I would not base it on my home scale. My IP coach has the 'accurate' one which is quite costly. Once, a long time ago, I got the 'gold standard' water immersion procedure to measure it.
Yes I've heard the fat loss part isn't always accurate, just as long as the weight part is I'll be happy. My coach said they've got one on order but not sure if the owner will keep it because it requires a monthly subscription or something. We'll see.

And thanx for the info re: the ticker. I had read that also, you need to have 20 posts and be a member for 20 days. So I was quite surprised when I created it and it went into my post that first time. I just found it odd that it hasn't shown up again. Maybe it just shows when you create it then not again until you've reached the 20/20. Once again, we'll see.
Old 09-28-2014, 09:21 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 245/204/145

Height: 5'4''

Hi,

I thought I'd introduce myself. I started at 245 and my first goal is 145 but I may want to loose more. I'll have to see when I get there. I lost 50 lbs on IP in 2013 and have spent the months since then battling major GI issues. I haven't been able to eat veggies or really anything with fiber without total misery. Cottage cheese has been one of the only foods I could eat without getting sick. With months of eating too much cottage cheese and almost no veggies, which I normally love and depend upon, I'm up 20 lbs. I finally seem to getting back to the point where I can tolerate some veggies as long as it is with quite a bit of protein so I am starting again at phase 2 and hoping to loose those 20 and get back on track to my goal.
Old 09-28-2014, 11:38 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 245/204/145

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
Friends, this might be a little long, but bear with me.
I'm leaving on October 15th for my big trip to Rome and then on a "Lands of the Bible" cruise. I come home late on November 1st. I had hoped to hit -100 before I left but that's probably not going to happen now, which I am okay with. More than 90 already is awesome.
For my trip, I am packing bars and some instant drinks that I can mix in my shaker jar (I use Health Wise alternatives). My coach has said she doesn't expect me to be perfect on the trip (phew!) and that her biggest priority is that I get all my protein in every day. I will have good options for dinner on the ship, it's just the couple of days in Rome before the cruise and the lunches out on excursions that will be harder.
I tend to be an all-or-nothing person which can be dangerous when on a diet. I an either 100% great or it goes down the drain. I have been working a LOT on telling myself that there can be a middle ground - that I can just do my best and have that be enough. There is a part of me that is terrified that I will just lose control on the trip and use it as an excuse to eat whatever I want. I have come so far and am pretty sure I will stay strong, but that fear is very big for me.
I have promised myself that wheels-down in Atlanta on the night of the 1st means immediately getting back on board 100%. No matter what the scale will show from the trip, I hope to have enough willpower to get back on track to get my -100 as soon as I can.
I guess I'm looking for words of wisdom as well as accountability. I'm going to miss being able to read and post here while I am gone (internet on the ship is too pricey!). I will be taking my cards with me from the Beck book. Sure wish I could take all of you with me, too!
My husband and I have done a lot of overseas travel while dieting and have kind of come up with a compromise that works for us. We bring our 2 IP unlimited snacks and 1 limited snack for each day of the trip and use them. We pack most of that in a checked bag. We also have taken WF dressing packets. If we are staying somewhere for a few days and have a fridge, we will get salad greens so we can make our own lunch salads. If not, we do the best we can.

For dinner, we pass up the carbs (yup, no nummy bread or starchy veggies) but allow ourselves extra vegetables and more variety of meats and some cheese. We keep it low carb but don't stay necessarily on plan. In Italy, we had a hard/impossible time getting a good green salad but loved the Caprese Salads with buffalo mozzarella & tomatoes and are glad we didn't pass them up. In Rome you can almost always get antipasto for your first course which is a nice low carb option. We also loved the fresh cooked spinach there and had some amazing Zuppa de Verde (when it was wonderful vegetable soup). We passed up the pasta and sought a meat/veggie option for a main course even if we had to ask for something to be changed a bit to get that. It should be easier on ship board to ask for what you need.

I've found I really need to plan for the over seas flights because I can almost never eat what is served on the flights and if I don't plan ahead I'm really going to blow it which sets me up to blow it for the rest of the trip. I take extra IP bars and low carb jerky (you really have to check because some of it is sweetened and higher carb). I also usually do a deliberate cheat by taking a Baggie of nuts so I have something crunchy/munchy for when they are passing out snacks. That way, I haven't starved or been hungry even on long flights to Europe, Austrailia & Japan. If it works, timing wise, I have also taken a big salad in a Tupperware container so I have one good veggie meal in flight. Sometimes that's more hassle than it's worth though and I make sure I get a good bunless burger or salad in the airport before the overseas flight. if I pack my own salad, I take dressing in a packet so I can get it through security.

We usually end up doing so much walking on these trips that if we plan ahead with our IP snacks and plane food and then keep it low carb, we really haven't gained weight on trips. The worst advice we were ever given was not to take tennis shoes to Italy so we wouldn't end up looking American. We ended up having to buy them there because our feet were such a mess after the first day. We easily walked 5-10 miles a day.

I know it's not the best idea to get off plan and is not the right choice for everyone, but by planning ahead about how exactly I'm going to handle the food and what choices I'm going to make, and packing my IP snacks/proteins, it keeps me from gaining the 10 lbs or more that used to be more standard for me when I was eating three meals a day and eating higher carb foods on a trip.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:22 AM   #135  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Andi View Post
I figured it was something like that. And someone else had posted "DS", so I'm assuming that means "Dear Sister", since her sister was mentioned in the post. Thanx also for the chuckle. I can think of a few other things the "D" could stand for also..when it comes to husbands..lol. But we won't go there
Sometimes DS is dear son. DD is dear daughter. DSS- dear step son...etc.
Closed Thread