Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 11:10 AM   #16  

Welcome back Sonyabug

TXWineo congratulations on the loss this week, you will make it under 200, and you will get in to those size 12 pants. You will be in onederland soon, it will be such a great feeling.

Sgrealtor1- hope you feel better, remember lots of fluids and rest

I am going to have to work nights to night so trying to figure out how to do food as have to go in at 2pm and work until 7 am tomorrow going to be a long night, going to save two of my packets for nights, coffee with vanilla shake so hope it keeps me awake, have recommitted myself this wk as have gained 10# over the summer so now have 85 pounds to loss, will get there but this tells you what happens if you are not 100%.

Everyone have a great day!!!! Stay 100%
Old 09-11-2014, 11:11 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Kissi- You'll get there!!! My body's been doing the same thing...Seemed like I was in the 220's FOREVER!!! I'm with you- RELEASE!!!!

Sonyasbug- back!! I peeked at your profile pic...AMAZING!!! and good for you for coming back to lose what you've gained back. That shows that IP taught you well and you are doing something about the weight before it gets out of control. Awesome!!!

Jenny- I need to need to work on planning too!!

TXwineo- I'm in agreement with you, next week the 12's will button right up!!

Everyone else, stay well!! we have a lot of sickness going around here too, my G-baby has the stomach virus, hopefully my daughter won't get it, she's pregnant and that would be miserable!! My son has a bad cold and the stomach virus!! I'm washing my hands and disinfecting often! lol
Old 09-11-2014, 11:12 AM   #18  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

hello all it's day 2 for me on my reboot and my lesson on why I can't stay on track. While I believe I need to change my attitude and just realise all the food is not for me and stick to the food I know my body can tollerate. I'm drinking EAS RTD shakes and eating some chicken today. I feel good however I'm really frustrated with my sibling at this moment and need to just ask my other sibling that is living with me to pay his rent. I always put an agreement in place but I never make him pay and then I start getting irritated with the situation and need to just speak up and realise that he knew the arrangement when he moved in.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:16 AM   #19  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

kimmiesourney I drink a RTD Vanilla mixed with coffee every single morning and my coach hasn't tried to make me stray from that. I feel like I'm paying for the food so I'm going to get what I like, I understand changing things up or the idea behind it but if the chocolate shakes work for you, then why should you branch out? Just politely tell your coach that you've tried other products and the you like the chocolate shakes and they keep you OP and you want to stick with them as you are paying for them. Just my two cents.

Last edited by kissi; 09-11-2014 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:18 AM   #20  
finale

Here's another thing that is bothering me today. My sister has two girls ages 3 and 2 and she works all the time and I have offered to watch them and she never takes me up on it. However her mother in law who lives around the corner from me has them over all the time. I actually gave up facebook due to my feelings being hurt when I saw them in pictures on facebook at her house watering her plants last Sunday....Really why can't they spend time with me? There is a free event for kids next Friday and I offered to take them and she is like while I work out of town and the problem would be getting the to you and home? Really I could go and get them or they could spend the night with me on Thursday? However I just quit with the texting due to I know that if I offer for them to spend the night she will bring up some reason they can't and I will be even more hurt. She always says how good I am with my best friends kids, why doesnt she trust me with her's? She is having another baby next month and I have offered to help her out due to the fact that I have a ton of vacationa and would like to use it and spend time with her children. I know she won't take me up on it due to the past and she just doesnt let me. Why do I keep offering and get shot down....,Really why am I such a bad person......
Old 09-11-2014, 11:20 AM   #21  
finale

Shrinkingsuzie:
way to go on making it under 200, keep on track and you will keep seeing that scale move.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:20 AM   #22  
finale

Default way to go

Shrinkingsuzie:
way to go on making it under 200, keep on track and you will keep seeing that scale move.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:24 AM   #23  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiesourney View Post
I really like the taste of the IP chocolate shakes and do not get tired of them. My coach would like me to branch out and try different things. I do try them but go back to the chocolate shake. I have lost weight (30 lbs) so this seems to be working for me. Any thoughts?
I think we all have to find what works for us on this diet. It's a challenge to stay on plan, and anything that helps make it easier is a blessing!

That said - I would say that you need to think about how sticking with only one product (one flavor, one food type) is going to translate for you once you are done losing weight? Sometimes we get so wrapped up in the journey to goal that we actually forget about what happens AFTER we get there. Are the choices you're making by having 3 shakes a day going to help you make good food choices after IP? It's really a question only you can answer. For me, learning to eat some of the other food products (omelets, chili, cereals, etc) trains my brain to make better decisions later. A veggie omelet is a way better choice for breakfast than a sugary cereal or a pop tart. Eating my chili in a baked bell pepper is a better choice than a bread bowl. These are things that will carry over even after I'm off the packets. "Food" for thought
Old 09-11-2014, 11:25 AM   #24  
finale

ssdlturtle:
I am so happy that you are getting back OP, summer is a hard time to stay OP however I know that gaining is hard to handle. We can achieve our goals one day at a time. I'm so scared to get on the scale and see what the number is. At the beginning of the summer all my shorts and jeans just hung on me and I had hit 199 and I'm terrified to see the scale. I know that I have gained due to all my shorts and pants being super tight. I and going to hit it hard and loose this weight and then continue on the phases and definately not let myself go down this road again. We deserve to feel good, look good, and be happy at a lower weight. Here's to loosing some good amount of weight by Christmas...
Old 09-11-2014, 11:25 AM   #25  

Quote:
I really like the taste of the IP chocolate shakes and do not get tired of them. My coach would like me to branch out and try different things. I do try them but go back to the chocolate shake. I have lost weight (30 lbs) so this seems to be working for me. Any thoughts?
I don't think there's anything wrong with you drinking the chocolate shakes if that's what you like. I drink chocolate pudding shakes pretty much every morning and am losing just fine. I tend to pick a few items and stick with them and then after a while I may change it up, pick a couple different items and use them for a while, and so on. I've always been like that.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:30 AM   #26  
finale

scorbet1103:
I love the information you shared about trying different things to help our brain get into choosing things besides shakes to eat. That is so true I think that is why I had problems when I let myself relax and never learned to eat other things besides shakes while I was loosing.
I'm going to take your advice and try new things.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:31 AM   #27  
finale

scorbet1103:
I love the information you shared about trying different things to help our brain get into choosing things besides shakes to eat. That is so true I think that is why I had problems when I let myself relax and never learned to eat other things besides shakes while I was loosing.
I'm going to take your advice and try new things.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:33 AM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I think we all have to find what works for us on this diet. It's a challenge to stay on plan, and anything that helps make it easier is a blessing!

That said - I would say that you need to think about how sticking with only one product (one flavor, one food type) is going to translate for you once you are done losing weight? Sometimes we get so wrapped up in the journey to goal that we actually forget about what happens AFTER we get there. Are the choices you're making by having 3 shakes a day going to help you make good food choices after IP? It's really a question only you can answer. For me, learning to eat some of the other food products (omelets, chili, cereals, etc) trains my brain to make better decisions later. A veggie omelet is a way better choice for breakfast than a sugary cereal or a pop tart. Eating my chili in a baked bell pepper is a better choice than a bread bowl. These are things that will carry over even after I'm off the packets. "Food" for thought
I need to rethink my comment, "I don't think there's anything wrong with you drinking the chocolate shakes if that's what you like. I drink chocolate pudding shakes pretty much every morning and am losing just fine. I tend to pick a few items and stick with them and then after a while I may change it up, pick a couple different items and use them for a while, and so on. I've always been like that." maybe that's why I've always been overweight!!!!!

You definitely gave me food for thought!!!!!
Old 09-11-2014, 11:54 AM   #29  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I need to rethink my comment, "I don't think there's anything wrong with you drinking the chocolate shakes if that's what you like. I drink chocolate pudding shakes pretty much every morning and am losing just fine. I tend to pick a few items and stick with them and then after a while I may change it up, pick a couple different items and use them for a while, and so on. I've always been like that." maybe that's why I've always been overweight!!!!!

You definitely gave me food for thought!!!!!
Agreed!

The shakes are just so convenient for me in the morning. I know it's going to pose a problem when I move into the other phases, particularly P3 big breakfast. I do crispy cereal sometimes in the morning on the weekends. I know this works for me and I so look forward to my RTD Vanilla mixed with Coffee in the mornings.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:07 PM   #30  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Are you having 3 chocolate shakes a day? Or you mean you have 1 every day?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the IP chocolate drink. SO decadent. LOL. The problem that I see is that now that the clinics are forced to sell by the box, we have less variety. I prefer to eat my food so I have something that I can chew for breakfast, lunch, and dinner but then for snack I will have a drink. I have been able to build up a supply between IP products and alternates.

But if I was in love with something, I would be tempted to get it every week also. I DO have a potato puree tortilla almost every day for lunch so I guess I do it too.

Do you not like any of the other foods?
Closed Thread