Old 09-11-2014, 08:48 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'3"

I did this once. It was the Jillian Michaels dietbet, so there were thousands of people that joined. I won about $12 in the end, and it was a little stressful. BUT, I was not doing IP then, just calorie counting and exercise.
Tanklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:46 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 331/245/189

Height: 5'10'

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinny View Post
OK, I took the plunge and joined a bet that starts on Monday. Yikes! I think it will be motivating to have some money on the line to keep from cheating. I'm pretty frugal :-)

I am nervous, though, since 4% of my weight is nearly 7 pounds. That's a lot for me to lose in a month based on my usual rate. Well, good luck to me, I guess!
Good luck Trinny - let us know how you go?
jodmarsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 07:40 PM   #18  

Anyone else doing a Diet Bet? I have signed up to a six month challenge - $25 month steak to lose 10% of my body weight over 6 months.
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 08:00 PM   #19  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shr1nk1ngme View Post
I have done Diet Bet several times. Two six month challenges (one is still ongoing) and several four week challenges. So far I have won more than $350.00 doing what I was planning to do anyway: losing weight.

My advice would be, if you join more than one challenge concurrently, you pay VERY special attention to the weigh-in dates and times. On my last six month challenge I thought I was following the rules to the letter by weighing in religiously every single Wednesday, but it turns out that ADDITIONAL weigh-ins are required on a certain date every month (the date differs for each contest) or you are disqualified for that particular month. I lost about $75 because of my inadequate understanding of that rule. >:-(

But overall it's an excellent program.
I see references to 'rounds' in the 10% six month challenges... do they make interim payouts along the way, or does that refer to prizes given along the way, or tokens earned? I see the ref to tokens but have not explored enough to understand those...

I will have to get a digital scale to do this, but I am very interested.... could be a good incentive to add in now that I am approaching the halfway mark and I have at least 5 months to go on P1 followed by the phasing off period.

And, for the 4% challenge...we are about to go thru the holidays, and I bet there are bound to be folks who fall off the wagon.... maybe this could be a good time to win a higher payoff.....

Just need to understand it well before taking the plunge.
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 09:09 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 357/see ticker/235

Height: 5' 10"

I entered one of their contest and after reading the fine print asked for a refund about 3 days before it began.

It basically stated that if you lost more than the given goal that you would be disqualified since they feel that you were not losing the weight in a "healthy manner", they decide what is healthy.

I wrote to them saying I did not want to lose my money just because I am successful under a doctor supervised diet. They said they would refund the money. They never did.
Sally Pineapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 03:17 PM   #21  

I'm signing up for the January 1 - July (June 30) transformer on diet better dot com.

It will give me the accountability for the reboot since I'm not going to a coach anymore (the accountability of a clinic was HUGE for me!).

I'm really not doing it for the money, but rather as accountability. But it would certainly be nice to actually pocket a few $$ instead of shelling it out to a coach.

I did the calculations & read the disqualification limits. Even on IP, I'm in no danger of losing too much too fast for this "game". WL is NOT a game to me, it is about health and wellness. But if this little bit of fun will help keep me accountable, then I'm all for it!

Its been SO EASY to make exceptions on maintenance & we all know what a "little bit here and a little bit there" adds up to! I gain weight SO EASILY! Since I had to buy a size pants for Hawaii, I know I need to head back down the road of WL so all my smallest spring/summer will fit.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 02:10 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 267/234/145

Just successfully completed two diet bet challenges. One was a 30 day challenge and the other is a six month challenge with monthly payouts. It definitely gave me another tool to keep accountable. Started one for the month of March with the winnings from the February challenge. Was easy to follow the challenge and have connected with some nice people along the way.
sweetvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 02:02 PM   #23  
In it for the long haul!

S/C/G: 201/162/140

I've also seen news shows reporting on a site called Stickk.com. You don't win extra money, but keep the money you've pledged if you win. What I thought was funny/neat was that you could designate where the money goes if you lose the bet -- like to your rival political party, or to the campaign of Sarah Palin, etc. It was pretty funny to see what people set up!
shinyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 02:49 PM   #24  

S/C/G: SW 246/168/146

Height: 5"2.5'

I have participated in several diet bets. I love it and I the first three I got $150+ less what I paid to play. I think it is fun and I am saving my winnings for new clothes. I would love to start an IP diet bet if anyone is interested.

One thing I learned is to stay away for the featurd diet bets (sponsored by celebrities like Jillian M or other biggest looser people) as they take a huge cut and the winnings are less. I tend to play the smaller ones set up by regular people like us.
Hmm123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:46 PM   #25  
Restarted IP Jan 16, 2017

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I have played several Diet Bet games. I've won more often than I've lost, so at least there's that! I've signed up for the upcoming Jillian Michaels one that begins on March 9. Since I'm now totally dedicated to IP, I know I've got this in the bag. My winnings will help me buy more IP packets. Anyone gonna join me?

Last edited by IdealAnnie; 03-05-2015 at 09:46 PM.
IdealAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:28 PM   #26  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Oooo, I DO love Jillian Michaels... Send me a link?
ImASharkIPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:33 PM   #27  
Restarted IP Jan 16, 2017

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

http://www.dietbet.com/games/62079 (Let's see if that link makes it through. If not, go to dietbet dot com and search for game 62079
IdealAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:38 PM   #28  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Worked, thanks! I'll share a link to my profile once it's up. I'm so in...
ImASharkIPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:44 PM   #29  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

I just finished round 2 of the Transformer Jan1 -June30 diet bet - I was a winner in each of those 2 rounds, and am on track in round 3 that finishes at the end of March.

I too hope to win some money that will offset the money paid for IP products over the past 7 months... It certainly has been a good motivator, and the timing is excellent because I seem to have hit the 6 month slow down period that other Summer 2014 Starters seem to also be having....
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 10:44 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 242.6/151/155

Height: 5'7"

I just joined the big bet for march 7-April 4 I believe. I think I'm gonna join a transformer as well. It's for 6 months and I don't think I'll need to be on ip p1 that long but asked them if I hit my 10% and maintained if I would still be elligable. I was also worried about the max you could lose with out being disqualified. But as long as you don't loose more then 30% total or 12% a round/month there isn't a problem.

Also I had accidently signed up for the wrong challenge and they refunded me so I could sign up for the right one. I've also emailed with questions and they have been very quick to respond. So I am very happy with thier customer service.
Wesstrom is offline   Reply With Quote