Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 01:06 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/154

Height: 5'8"

I am happy to report that I broke into the 170's yesterday!! Dropped 3.6 for my week 3 WI. And now of course all I can think about is the 160's.
Baby is teething and her unhappiness definitely passes along to me. Can't wait for the upper chompers to break through.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:07 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Gracerev- how was choir yesterday? Congratulations on jogging that is awesome. It doesn't matter how fast you go.

Shrinkingsusue- so close to wonderland hang I there you are totally back on track and will get there.

Kelly- Whoot Whoot awesome lose.

Re scale - I just got a weight watchers one that seems to work fine.

Joint pain- not sure if I got that from IP or working out. Your body is adjusting in so many ways

Hope everyone is havering a good day.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:09 PM   #33  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Started my TOM today so MAYBE, JUST MAYBE I can break into the 150s on Friday's WI. My Friday WI will be exactly 3 months from my start date. I'm hoping some of the water retention from TOM will be outta here by Friday.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:13 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 208/?/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Good Morning! So excited, down 52 lbs!! I finally passed the 50 mark! next mini goal is to get under 200!!! And I am working through the Beck book, feeling confident!!
That's amazing!!!! Good work!!

Good afternoon Y'all! Had class this morning. Almost didn't go haha, but last minute I turned my car around and went back. But I drank so much water in the car and in class... That at about 10:20 I thought I would pee my pants lol. Class goes to 10:50. Then God looked down on me with pity, or love... Maybe a bit of both... And my class ended early at 10:28!! Woo!

I bought myself a "reward" today, even though I'm only down 8-9 lbs so far. I bought a nice grown up watch. I didn't own one, and there was a good sale.... Aaand I had company reward dollars on a prepaid card my husbands work gives him, then he gives to me. Anyway, I figure it's rewarding myself for committing, and will be a visual constant reminder of that commitment.

Feeling good today!
Old 09-09-2014, 01:13 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
]I am up super early this morning. I didn't sleep well last night. This morning was my WI and I am very pleased with 2.6lb loss. The last few weeks were pretty slow. I'm hoping this will be a new trend for me. Happy Day
I cannot believe that I am almost to the 150's. I never ever believed I could get to this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
I only lost 0.4 at weigh in yesterday. Sitting at 200.8. Hoping for onederland next week!
Susie: . You've been here. You know better! "Only" is a 4-letter word regarding weight loss!!!!

Do both of you have the Beck Diet Solution book? It really helps us deal with all the thoughts that come up while we're going thru the WL process. I have it in hardbound and audio. I've listened to the audio version several times but I'm just starting to actually work through the exercises in the book, in writing, and not just think about them. My plan is that this will help fortify me for maintenance.

I also saw on another thread someone commented that their WL graph looked like a set of stairs, rather than a straight line. Sometimes down, sometimes flat. This is the nature of weight loss. The more we accept it, the less we will feel an emotional attachment to the scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Lisa, for the life of me I can't find he post you made about what percentage of protein, Carbs, etc to set your myfitnesspal to. I finally figured out where to update it and now I can't locate your post.
Looks like someone else found it for you! Thanks nat1015

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhinds View Post
Good morning everyone! Congrats on everyone's progress! So, I have a question to ask. Is it normal to feel joint pains/soreness? Recently when I have been sitting awhile and I get up my pelvic area just hurts. My coach says it could be shrinking pains..kinda like growing pains. I like her idea but was curious if anyone else is experiencing what I am talking about. Thanks
This has come up before.
As we lose weight, our muscles don't have to work so hard at dealing with our heavier bodies & the muscles will get weaker over time.
Additionally, the fat isn't assisting to hold joints in place so the muscles have to work harder. We actually should start doing some strength training and stretching before we get to maintenance. It will help with these types of pains that develop.

Body weight exercises and things like yoga should be sufficient, especially for people who were more sedentary prior to beginning IP

I've discovered a PBS show called Classical Stretch (also called Essentrics on their website). This has become my daily strength/stretch activity. I subscribed to the streaming version for now.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:15 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 208/?/150

Also! SO many of you are doing so awesome! Congrats to y'all!
Old 09-09-2014, 01:22 PM   #37  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefreshingMe View Post
I am happy to report that I broke into the 170's yesterday!! Dropped 3.6 for my week 3 WI. And now of course all I can think about is the 160's.
Baby is teething and her unhappiness definitely passes along to me. Can't wait for the upper chompers to break through.
Sorry to hear the baby is teething...it's no fun but it's not forever My kids used to LOVE chomping on frozen peach slices, I had a mesh teether that worked great with the peaches or frozen banana!

Congrats on entering the 70's - get those bellbottoms out and do the hustle!
Old 09-09-2014, 01:25 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
Kelly, you can order the Walden Farms products straight from their website. If you had a Rouses in Baton Rouge, that's where I get ALL of my WF products! They have a huge selection.

World Market isn't carrying the SF Pumpkin Spice Torani syrup this season but I found some sugar free pumpkin spice syrup from Target if you want to try there.
Thanks Kissi! We have a Rouses in Covington (I think) I'll have to check it out, or when I make it to BR. I'm right around the corner from Target I'll have to stop on my way home. Love love love me some pumpkin spice!!!!!
Old 09-09-2014, 01:38 PM   #39  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Sorry to hear the baby is teething...it's no fun but it's not forever My kids used to LOVE chomping on frozen peach slices, I had a mesh teether that worked great with the peaches or frozen banana!

Congrats on entering the 70's - get those bellbottoms out and do the hustle!
My dh used to give the teething nieces and nephews frozen waffles - they loved them and they had built in drool catchers!
Old 09-09-2014, 01:44 PM   #40  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Thanks Kissi! We have a Rouses in Covington (I think) I'll have to check it out, or when I make it to BR. I'm right around the corner from Target I'll have to stop on my way home. Love love love me some pumpkin spice!!!!!
I bought some pumpkin spice mountain green coffee (I think that's the brand) from Bed Bath and Beyond and mix it with a little bit of that sugar free pumpkin spice syrup, stevia and my vanilla IP RTD. I mix it all up and pour it over ice and it is SO good. Just a delicious treat!!!!

The only thing WF that my Rouses doesn't carry is the WF orange marmalade and I want to get my hands on some of that to make some orange chicken in the crockpot!
Old 09-09-2014, 01:51 PM   #41  

Jenny38 - chorus rehearsal last night was a blast! Good to see old friends and get into some fun music. Thanks for asking!
Old 09-09-2014, 01:52 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
As we lose weight, our muscles don't have to work so hard at dealing with our heavier bodies & the muscles will get weaker over time.
Additionally, the fat isn't assisting to hold joints in place so the muscles have to work harder. We actually should start doing some strength training and stretching before we get to maintenance. It will help with these types of pains that develop.

Body weight exercises and things like yoga should be sufficient, especially for people who were more sedentary prior to beginning IP
I agree with Lisa's comment.
Just another thing to think about (from my POV as a physio rehab assistant) is that your body has been used to using muscles in a certain way to balance your weight distribution. Now that you have changed your weight and how it is distributed (fairly quickly, in the body's scheme of things) those muscles must work in a completely different plane and this goes for the joints as well. Think about the changes in the angles of your pelvic girdle and spine when you had a heavier tummy to balance against compared to your posture now. A postural analysis by a good chiropractor might be an idea - if you are open to other health modalities. A physio can also help here too if there are ongoing issues after you get back to your stretches and gentle exercise.

You might still need extra padding for your 'sit-bones' later anyway, .

Liana
Old 09-09-2014, 02:02 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 168/148.4/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebbles1964 View Post
Good morning y'all! I have a couple of questions. . . . first, I am starting to run out of coffee creamer (I buy it by the case and freeze it), and am wanting to give the sugar free syrups a try. The best reviews I have found are for the Torani brand. Of course, there are quite a few out there (i.e. DaVinci, Starbucks, Jordans, etc.) and they are all pricey. Which one would you recommend?

Second, I want to get a new scale (to weigh me). I'm looking at Omron 400 and 500. What do YOU recommend?

Last, Pishposh would you mind reposting your maple marinade recipe? Thank you!
I absolutely love the Torani SF almond syrup. Anything almond flavored is my thing! I would highly recommend you go to a coffee shop (a locally owned, not chain) & ask to buy a bottle of the syrup from them - that's what I do. You get the bigger bottle for <$20 in my experience.

Have you considered just buying flavored coffee? Target Archer Farm brand has some ah-mazing flavors (current fave is white chocolate macadamia nut), is 0/0/0 & if you like it sweet like me you can drop in a few drops of stevia.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:15 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 168/148.4/148

Default Scales...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebbles1964 View Post
Good morning y'all! I have a couple of questions. . . . first, I am starting to run out of coffee creamer (I buy it by the case and freeze it), and am wanting to give the sugar free syrups a try. The best reviews I have found are for the Torani brand. Of course, there are quite a few out there (i.e. DaVinci, Starbucks, Jordans, etc.) and they are all pricey. Which one would you recommend?

Second, I want to get a new scale (to weigh me). I'm looking at Omron 400 and 500. What do YOU recommend?

Last, Pishposh would you mind reposting your maple marinade recipe? Thank you!
Hi Pebbles - I missed the 2nd part of your quote. I did purchase the same scale as my clinic - I think it's the Omron 510. I realize the body fat analysis isn't completely accurate, but it gives me a ballpark figure to work with. I got it at a reasonable price & an additional coupon on Amazon. Happy shopping!
Old 09-09-2014, 04:24 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdmom2 View Post
Good morning!
Thanks for your response Lisa. I had actually tried the Simply chips awhile ago after I saw you had mention that they were soy-free. Thanks for the tip! I really like them. There is also a proti-diet chip that's made with pea protein (I think the chipotle ones maybe) and they are ok but I prefer the Simply chips.
So I have a question for you all. I am one who is really motivated by an official weigh-in to keep me focused and on track. I love going in and seeing my weight go down and I am ok on the weeks when it's slower bc I know the next week will likely be better. So as a second time around IPer, and doing it on my own vs a coach at a clinic like my first time, I feel like I'm missing something. I have a good scale but I want that extra motivation. A friend suggested weighing in at WW but following IP protocol. Does anybody else do this or have ideas for motivation? I know last time knowing I had an upcoming weigh in would really keep my mind focused so that it was easier to turn down any temptations, esp late night when I can tend to get tempted.
I also weigh in at weight watchers, but mainly just because I got my sister started going there years ago and I want to keep supporting her. And I'll keep going even though I'm transitioning off IP for a while for a friend's wedding to keep me accountable!
Closed Thread