Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 01:05 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 168/148.4/148

Height: 5'9"

[B]kissi[B] - couldn't agree more. I found myself doing a lot of 'nots' that didn't help me out. Not journaling my food intake, not checking on this site to keep me on track, not weighing myself regularly, etc...

And I do want to encourage everyone out there who is reading but not involved to sign up and get posting! Being an active member is much more satisfying & supportive (but slightly stressful as someone who is social-media averse)
Old 09-05-2014, 01:08 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 150/130

Height: 5'4"

No - I haven't been adding a 3rd packet. I will try that and see if it helps - thanks for your response!
Old 09-05-2014, 01:12 PM   #48  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeAvery View Post
Hi Scorbett - I'm just curious how you make the determination of whether or not the activity you complete requires an additional packet or not? I do a daily weight workout (low weight, high reps, lots of body weight exercies) that last approximately 40 minutes. Would you (or anyone else who would be willing to weight in) recommend an additional packet?
Anything outside of your daily "life" activities ( like strength exercises, walking, yoga, etc)...or if you have a job that requires you to be on your feet or do heavy lifting for long periods). Muscle building still burns extra calories, which you need to compensate for
Old 09-05-2014, 01:28 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

pishposh- great NSV! Doesn't matter what store the shorts came from celebrate the size 12 being a little to big.

Kissi - .8lbs is almost a whole pound of butter that is awesome. Your sister is doing great and so amazing that you can support each other.

Gracerev and Mad4lean - Whooot Whoot keep up the great work.

Had my P2 WI and down 3lb! I think my body likes P2 and I mad being more mindfull about what I am eating.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:58 PM   #50  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
Thanks to everyone that posts on these boards. I may not always post or reply but I always read and I learn a lot from all of you.
Congratulations GraceRev you are having great success. I don't always post or reply either but I read and learn almost every day.

I really appreciate all the knowledge that is shared on this sight!
Old 09-05-2014, 02:56 PM   #51  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
I do have something I'm very happy about this week. My sister talked to me about my weight loss and decided she wanted to try IP but really didn't have the money to go to a clinic and afford the IP food. Because of the information and guidance I've gotten from this site I gave her all the tools to do IP with Alts and told her what to look for in an Alt, where to get them, which ones work, etc. and she has been my diet buddy for the past couple weeks - sending me recipes, her dinner, etc. She is pretty much doing IP P2 with Alts. She does an EAS shake in the morning, protein and veggies for lunch, Quest Bar in the afternoon and then cooks dinner (and takes the leftovers for lunch the next day).

I'm happy to say that her starting weight was 278 a couple weeks ago and she is weighing in every Friday morning with me and she was down 7 lbs this week and she is at 266 this morning. That's 12 lbs in less than 2 weeks.
It is a lot more fun when you have a diet buddy. Congrats to your sister on her great start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeAvery View Post
Hi Scorbett - I'm just curious how you make the determination of whether or not the activity you complete requires an additional packet or not? I do a daily weight workout (low weight, high reps, lots of body weight exercies) that last approximately 40 minutes. Would you (or anyone else who would be willing to weight in) recommend an additional packet?
With that workout you definitely need an extra pack. When I did IP last time I was working out 5 to 6 days per week and often times would eat a hard boiled egg after my workout. That kept the cost down for me.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:06 PM   #52  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

scorbett or anyone, do you have a zucchini, lasagna recipe? I know I saw one posted a while back but I can't seem to find it again.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:12 PM   #53  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

My official weigh in #8 was last evening -- down an even 24lbs = that's average 3lbs a week - who could ask for more?

I am going to a restaurant tonite for dinner with my old boss -- I am ready to stay 100% OP. And after dinner I am going up the street to the Elegant Dancing Friday nite dance party --

So glad I found IP and this forum -- I am feeling great and looking better with each passing day.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:23 PM   #54  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I have a terrible case of the hungries today! I have been checking the clock which seems like every five minutes wondering if its dinner time yet! And it's only 3:20! I had breakfast and lunch both an hour earlier than normal, so I'm sure that is the culprit. I need to chug some water and occupy my brain.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:43 PM   #55  
I'm a loser!

S/C/G: 320/279.7/200

Height: 5'7"

I just got off the phone with my coach. I order from a clinic 400 miles away because there are no clinics near me, and they will do my stuff virtually. Anyway, she called and is going to be in my area the middle of this month. Because of the fact that I have to order a month at a time, and she is hand delivering this time, she's giving me a one time 20% discount! I'm excited! I'm only five days in but I already ordered my second month! I am so glad I found this diet!
Old 09-05-2014, 04:37 PM   #56  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
scorbett or anyone, do you have a zucchini, lasagna recipe? I know I saw one posted a while back but I can't seem to find it again.
You need a mandolin slicer, just slice the zucchini in wide strips longways down the vegetable for your zucchini noodles. Layer it with browned ground turkey and Roasted Red Pepper Puree sauce (it's in the Fun With Veggie Purees thread in the FAQ sticky) and bake at about 350 long enough to warm it through. If you like your zucchini a little less al dente, sautee them a little before layering in the dish
Old 09-05-2014, 04:44 PM   #57  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Perfect, Thanks! I have a mandolin slicer AND some zucchini!
Old 09-05-2014, 05:07 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 208/?/150

Cooked 2 casseroles I can't eat, today. 1 for a friend who recently had a baby, and the other one for my family. Haven't been tempted to eat any of it, which is great! Just going to keep chugging along..
Old 09-05-2014, 05:10 PM   #59  
IP Start Date 07/11/14

S/C/G: 199/161.0/140

Height: 5'2" (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
You need a mandolin slicer, just slice the zucchini in wide strips longways down the vegetable for your zucchini noodles. Layer it with browned ground turkey and Roasted Red Pepper Puree sauce (it's in the Fun With Veggie Purees thread in the FAQ sticky) and bake at about 350 long enough to warm it through. If you like your zucchini a little less al dente, sautee them a little before layering in the dish
What's a mandolin slicer
Old 09-05-2014, 05:14 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 168/148.4/148

Quote:
Perfect, Thanks! I have a mandolin slicer AND some zucchini!
And dependent on how much time you want to invest, sometimes I will salt, drain & then parcook the zucchini on a grill pan to decrease the chance of a watery lasagna. Also good with eggplant (but I'd peel it 1st) or par-cooked cabbage leaves as your 'noodles'. Yum! You just helped me plan a weekend dinner...
Closed Thread