Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 11:31 AM   #16  

Unhappy Luby's

I have been eating spinach, brocc., n green beans from Luby's. I recently found out the green beans are cooked w/bacon and onion. I will no longer order the green beans. I looooove the spinach and brocc. I hope there's nothing wrong with those.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:58 AM   #17  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Good Morning All!! I had a glorious 3 day weekend and stayed OP 100%. I went to a friend's yesterday and they put food on the grill. I made my own kabobs so that was my protein source for dinner. I also made the no-potato salad with cauliflower and it was pretty good. Kinda tangy like a cole slaw, I'm going to use it for dip today for my Quest Sea Salt Chips for lunch.

I started my TOM yesterday so maybe that's why I had a 1lb week last week. Hoping for a decent loss by the end of the week or if not I hope it shows up next week. I'm really hoping to break into the 150s soon.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:44 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
My bf told me last night that I need to stop losing. He doesn't think I need to lose more weight. I am not where I want to be. He thinks I have body dysmorphic problems.
Oh, jemma51, so many things run through my mind when I read your post.

First, where your weight ends up - where you are now, less, whatever- you need to find the weight with which you are happy and where your body feels good.

Second, you are about my height and weight. I know when I reached this level, I was so happy to be there. I was so amazed at the difference in my body and people's reaction to my loss. I got cocky and my weight and I sort of settled.

That is fine if I felt healthy and able to attack life as I wanted, but I knew inside I wanted to go lower and that I was just enjoying the difference from where I HAD been.

So third, maybe the weight level needs to have taken into consideration such things as recommended BMI, general weight charts, doctor's advice, blood chemistry and whatever.

Also, in regards to body dysmorphia, that generally includes all sorts of body issues, most of them NOT connected to weigh. " Most people with it aren’t preoccupied with their weight -– rather, they most commonly focus on their skin (such things as perceived acne, scarring or skin color), hair (for example, a belief that they’re losing their hair or have too much body hair), or nose. In fact, they can dislike any part of their body, thinking it looks ugly or abnormal, even though it looks normal to others". It also is said to affect every waking moment of the day and interfere with the ability to function.

Last, guys and weight can be funny. I started to see a little sabotage going on as I lost more weight. I do not mean that my husband was not happy with my weight loss, but I think he feared what might happen if I really lost all of it....would I still want him, would I look at other guys, would guys start looking at me, how I might change, etc. It can be a very confusing and scary time for our partners.

Husband, boyfriend, or partner, this process is for ourselves, something many of us may have neglected in the past. I know I was used to being everything to everyone - except myself. This is ME TIME and I do deserve it. So my final weight will be where I want it to be and where I feel best.

There are wonderful people on this site who have great wisdom and words that might help you have a conversation with your boyfriend about this. I am not really good at that. I just felt that since I was in a similar situation, I would cheerleader you on into thinking what is best for YOU.

Last edited by schenectady; 09-02-2014 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:00 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 209/Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Default in the 170's - woo hoo!

Good day everyone :-).

Happy to have back to school and get my own routine going too. I took a week off of IP alternative after stalling for 2 weeks. I basically went to phase 2 for a week. Started back on IP Sunday and am down those pesky 2 lbs that kept recycling for 2 weeks. I think that I just plain needed a break after 14 weeks. Today feeling happy and healthy and ready to get on with it .

Good posts and love to read all the positive things people say and see the lbs melting away

Hope everyone has a great week ahead.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:19 PM   #20  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Happy first day of school for my kids! Weepy momma here, sent my littlest minion off to kindergarten. He did great...me, not so much But the bigger and the little both did great, we even saw the bigger in the halls on his way to lunch when we were finishing up K orientation - so a good morning overall

Day 5 of reboot, I am a lot hungrier than I remember but I've been watching the scale this week (I'm not a daily weigher but I was VERY interested to see how my body would react in the first week of IP the 2nd time around) - scale is moving VERY steadily downward and I've been 100% OP. Taking advantage of the new unlimited veggies to try and curb the monster. Any other rebooters find that the hunger took longer to get over this time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsdeere View Post
Honest question for my people in the more advanced IP phases. I'm 7lbs to goal and was planning on moving to phase 2 when I reach my goal. My husband has been plateauing for the past 3 weeks and was wondering if we moved to phase 2 now, 7lbs before my goal would that be problematic? I have a 1lb loss or so a week as a reference point. I guess I'm wondering if moving phases might shake it up for him and he will continue to lose. By the way, he's met his goal but, wanted to stay on the same phase as me for simplicity sake. Honest Thoughts?
You will still lose in P2, you increase your "real" food and your daily calories, but the body doesn't really come out of ketosis until P3 when you add back in the carby foods. I will see if I can find some of the older threads where folks addressed a plateau by phasing off for a little while...but one thing to check is whether he's been sticking exclusively to the lowest fat protein sources or avoiding his restricteds? I remember a few folks who hit a plateau, and a steak for dinner (higher in fat but still allowable) actually kicked them back into losses - same thing for folks who were using only unrestricted packets, adding restricteds back in got their body back on track.

Quote:
My bf told me last night that I need to stop losing. He doesn't think I need to lose more weight. I am not where I want to be. He thinks I have body dysmorphic problems.
I second what schenectady said. I will add that if you are basing your goal on BMI, remember that the BMI charts are highly flawed. They do not take into consideration basic body composition (bone structure, natural curviness, etc). I am a prime example - BMI charts say I should be down around 155-160 but that is not a maintainable weight for me (without killing myself at the gym 2 hours a day, not something that fits in my lifestyle). I am busty and curvy, but extremely healthy at 165.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:19 PM   #21  

Quote:
What strikes me is that he's probably much more used to you being heavy.
Review a BMI chart with him so he can see you'd still be considered overweight. Not obese anymore but even 150 is the high-end of average BMI.
As we change, everyone around us must adjust, as well.

Oh, and 165 is within normal BMI for someone 5'8", Scorbett!

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-02-2014 at 09:21 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:22 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Happy September Ipeeps

I love reading all the success stories, keep up the great job
Old 09-02-2014, 01:26 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

I made the pork loin in the crockpot with the rutabaga last night. It was very good. I forgot to put the WF maple syrup on the rutabaga, so I just put in on afterwards. Even though I used low sodium chicken broth, I was up a 1.5 lbs this morning. I'm not worried, I know I'm 100% OP and it's going to come back down, but it was still a bit of a shock to see that on the scale this morning. Next time I eat it (lots of leftovers) I'll know what to expect.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:34 PM   #24  
Started IP 6/12/14

Yeah, I try not to venture out into the 'restricted, limited' vegetable if I don't have to. I like a lot of the select vegetables and don't mind turnips over rutabagas (WAYYYY easier to handle and cut!). I do have some limited veggies here and there just to try some new things. I made the same recipe with a roast and it was very good and very satisfying but I felt like it was sooo much!

Last edited by kissi; 09-02-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:43 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewme42 View Post
I have been eating spinach, brocc., n green beans from Luby's. I recently found out the green beans are cooked w/bacon and onion. I will no longer order the green beans. I looooove the spinach and brocc. I hope there's nothing wrong with those.
I would DEFINITELY inquire... If you LOVE them more than you love them at home steamed or roasted then they might be adding something to them that is not IP friendly!
Old 09-02-2014, 02:46 PM   #26  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Height: 5'4"

scorbett:
Thank you for your response, I appreciate it. We eat a wide variety of foods for our dinner and we both eat our restricted foods as well. Hmm...maybe he needs to reevaluate water and oil levels? I know he is getting frustrated. I'll talk with him tonight about water and oil and see where he is at. If he is consuming what he should be we might just move forward with phase 2.

First day of school for your littlest...oh I bet there were tears. My daughter isn't even two yet but those milestones...man....school is a big one. Very exciting! I love how people take pictures of their kids each year with them holding a sign of their grade and what they want to be when they grow up, do you do anything like that, even a picture?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm going to have to visit the crockpot meal thread going around...I have to admit I've never eaten a rutabaga...ever. Hmmm.....
Old 09-02-2014, 03:01 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

I have a question about TOM!? Ive been on IP for almost 4 weeks and of those 4 ive been on TOM for 3 weeks. Is that normal, not normal? Im aslo on a birth control shot o maybe that's a factor.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:14 PM   #28  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn8 View Post
I have a question about TOM!? Ive been on IP for almost 4 weeks and of those 4 ive been on TOM for 3 weeks. Is that normal, not normal? Im aslo on a birth control shot o maybe that's a factor.
Normal, but worth watching

Estrogen stores in fat cells. When you lose fat rapidly, it releases estrogen into your system faster than your body can compensate. The first time I did IP, I missed TOM completely the first month, and then had it for 3 wks straight the 2nd month.

And if it hasn't been mentioned before, that same release of estrogen renders birth control pretty ineffective...so always use secondary protection..there have been a few IP babies because of that
Old 09-02-2014, 03:21 PM   #29  
Started IP 6/12/14

My TOM came a couple weeks earlier than usual this go around. I guess it's to do with the hormone imbalance as well.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:35 PM   #30  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

First day back and feeling optimistic. I've got my diet bubby doing this with me again and trying to look at the glass as half full rather than half empty. In other words I have a lot of weight to lose again, but at least I didn't gain it ALL back. And this time I plan on finishing what I started.
Closed Thread