Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 11:29 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Slip and Lisa: thanks for the p3 threads, I have been reading them. Lots of grat sounding food there. I can tell I am going to need to prep for breakfast so I have time to eat before work.

Schenectady: hope the stress lessens for you. Hope your son's coming home and the wedding goes well. Post some pics. Hopefully the house stress eases a bit too. It does sound lovely. I admire people who build a new house, I would love a new house but DH and I would probably end up in divorce. Lol

What a busy weekend I have had. Friday we found out the teachers are going back to work on Monday. My kids have been out of school since the middle of June because if a teacher strike. DD #1 is in grade 11 this year and doing semesters, not sure what missing 2.5 weeks of school is going to do to that. I guess we will find out soon.
Yesterday I was golfing and I got a call from my brother who lives 8 hours away, he was 30 minutes from me and wanted to go for lunch! It was so fun to see him, even if it was only for an hour! Then we went to a friends house for dinner, great laughs!
The weather has been amazing lately so DH and I are going to go golfing today. Hope the weather wherever you are is great and your day is fun too.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:00 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Want2b, we are having crazy weather in CT. All week it has been in the 40-60 range, more like October temps for us. I have been cold all week. Today, it is warm with high humidity and the air feels like a tropical rainforest. Weird!

So great that you were able to visit with your brother! Was he surprised by the "new" you?

Glad that your kids are headed back to school too.

As for breakfast in Phase 3, it does take some time and planning. I settled into a routine pretty quickly and only got fancy on the weekends.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:55 PM   #78  

Slip: my brother saw me at the wedding a couple if weeks ago so he has already seen the "new" me. Lol. I have been reading the p3 breakfasts, I can't wait yo have the French toast. I am planning to start p3 on a weekend when I get there so I can plan for it more.

So I had a huge NSV on Friday. My friend and I went golfing, after that we went in for a drink. I was sitting there chatting to her and I suddenly realized I am not trying to hide my size, or compare myself to others in the room and ask myself "why can't I be skinny like them". It was an amazing feeling. Here is a quote I find too...

Confidence isn't walking into a room with your nose in the air, and thinking you are better then everyone else. It is walking into the room and not having to compare yourself to anyone in the first place.

I think I am getting there. Such a huge feeling. Anyone else relate to this?
Old 09-21-2014, 07:50 PM   #79  

What a great quote. I am so happy that you are feeling so deeply secure with yourself. Makes all the hard work worthwhile.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:03 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2bskinnyagain View Post
What a busy weekend I have had. Friday we found out the teachers are going back to work on Monday. My kids have been out of school since the middle of June because if a teacher strike. DD #1 is in grade 11 this year and doing semesters, not sure what missing 2.5 weeks of school is going to do to that. I guess we will find out soon.
I'm in BC too... they are changing the finish date of the semesters so that they will be more equal at the yearend.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:27 PM   #81  

Hi y'all,

Nice phase 1 day. Actually ate a boiled egg for the first time since hitting goal! I had just had enough of them for a while.

How are you all? How about checking in? We are almost at our year anniversary but the posts are getting thin (pun intended, lol)
Old 09-22-2014, 06:47 PM   #82  

Height: 5 '6

Hi all. So far I'm doing fine back on P1. I love how the scale drops so much the first few days! I'm not happy about my summer gain but I'm a work in progress!! I'm still trying to figure out the emotional eating thing. A friend tried setting me up to meet a male friend of hers and I ate just thinking about it..not sure why I do that??? Much to my relief, it didn't work out to meet him.... Weight is much more complicated than calories in, calories out.....
Old 09-22-2014, 07:24 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
Hi all. So far I'm doing fine back on P1. I love how the scale drops so much the first few days! I'm not happy about my summer gain but I'm a work in progress!! I'm still trying to figure out the emotional eating thing. A friend tried setting me up to meet a male friend of hers and I ate just thinking about it..not sure why I do that??? Much to my relief, it didn't work out to meet him.... Weight is much more complicated than calories in, calories out.....
Glad the (de)construction is coming along well.
Perhaps you aren't ready to meet someone at the moment. Especially if you are relieved you didn't even get to meet, nevermind hit it off!
Have a slim 'n' trim IP anniversary!

I have a couple of months til my 1 yr (Nov 21 or 23rd - don't quite remember) - maybe I'll do something spectacular?! Ideas, ladies???

Liana
Old 09-22-2014, 08:41 PM   #84  

Hiker, maybe your feelings are showing where you need to focus next. I do not think that our relationship with food is just about good tastes or hunger either. Most of us have used food for other reasons. Until we address the reasons, I fear that we will always fall back on food.

Starting to date again is hard. For me, it brings tons of vulnerability to the surface.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:00 PM   #85  

Thanks canadjineh and slip.... today was a challenging day... as you might have guessed my dog is my baby and the past year and a half I have brought him to work with me after lunch most days. Today I received an email that the company no longer allows pets on company property.... I am at a small location (shop atmosphere) and my staff love my little guy... I'm totally peeved and wanted to eat! (PMS'ing too!!) Glad I had an IP mocha after supper... seems to have me satisfied!

Maddy's been a good example at addressing the psychological side of things... something I need to focus more on... thanks Maddy!!! You never cease to inspire me!!

Last edited by Hiker88; 09-22-2014 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:23 AM   #86  

Hiker: sorry about the summer gain, glad you are back and getting rid of it. That is frustrating about the new work policy. I find that companies make policies without taking everyone's situations into consideration.

Liana: i like your idea about a goal reward, some people on here bought jewellery or furniture at certain milestones. What about a weekend away, spa weekend or something you would never buy yourself to remind you of how far you have come.

I am still moving along. I had a few slips this week. Not happy with myself but dusting myself off and moving forward. On the plus side i have been getting tons of exercise in which is good.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:50 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Hi Ladies! Sorry I've been MIA lately. I just caught up on the posts and enjoyed reading about what's going on with everyone.

Want2B-Congrats on feeling like you belong in your new body! It takes awhile. Sometimes I still feel like fat girl in disguise, but I'm definitely getting used to my new body. That's awesome that you got to see your brother!

Hiker & Slipfree- I can totally relate about being nervous about dating in my new body. I feel that being overweight and then doing IP for 9 months gave me an excuse to stay out of the dating pool, but I don't have a excuse now. It does make me feel very vulnerable.

Hiker- I'm sorry your pup can't come to work with you anymore. What a bummer! Can you work from home sometimes?

I'm headed to OR on a business trip in my cute new suit. Hopefully the trip will be a success. I'm looking forward to meeting my new clients and also seeing green (grass, not money, but money would certainly be nice too!). Everything in CA where I live is brown/yellow and dry.

Hope you're all having great weeks so far! To those who are struggling- sending you thoughts of strength! You can do it!!!
Old 09-23-2014, 04:36 PM   #88  

Liana, I bought furniture and jewelry! I think another reward is required when I hit 6 months and then a year of maintaining.

Kooky, have fun and success on your business trip!

Hiker, Boo to your company! Is it a liability based policy? No pet visitors at school for liability reasons.

Want2b, glad that you picked yourself back up and are moving forward.

As for me, my days fly by dealing with these emotional, squirrelly and funny kids. At the end of the days, I am tired! But not discouraged. "One boy said to me, another great outfit, you really are quite the fashionista." Lol!!!
Old 09-23-2014, 05:06 PM   #89  

Kooky: Have a great trip, I hope you see lots of green!! LOL

Slip: The "fashionista" comment made me laugh! Kids say the funniest things, no holding back for them! And I love your idea of a reward for 6 months and a year of maintenance. I better start thinking.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:10 AM   #90  

Good morning Love the complement from your student slip, kids are painfully honest so you know you must be looking hot!!

Have fun on your trip Kooky! Good to hear about your exercising want2b, its always so good for the brain, I've always said it does more for my brain than my body!!

Another busy week preparing for outside visitors to the office soon and then I have to travel on the weekend for business meetings Monday and Tuesday. Glad I'm back on P1 before I get to those buffet dinners again! Its so easy to make the choices on P1.... just meat and vegis!!

Have a good day everyone...

Last edited by Hiker88; 09-24-2014 at 10:11 AM.
Closed Thread