Old 10-02-2014, 07:01 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 206/190/150

Height: 5'2"

Yes, the vegetti was in front by only one of the checkouts. The Seen on TV section. It was only $14-15. They are no where to be found in the kitchen section!! Bed Bath and Beyond also has them.
kay2rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:18 PM   #62  
IP Start 6/17/14

S/C/G: 216/160.8/160.0

Height: 5'5"

I have found that many grocery stores do not label rutabaga properly. They will often call it "yellow turnip" or "waxed turnip". You can get into trouble thinking you have a turnip, which is NOT an occasional vegetable...yet it is really rutabaga which is occasional.
OhZoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:11 PM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusTex View Post
Rutabaga is not an occasional vegetable on my P1 sheet. It's from two years ago though, has it changed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I was on IP 2 years ago, rutabaga was definitely an "occasional" veggie then, and is now as well...from the P1 sheet dated 6/2014

I WISH I could have it more often!! I love rutabaga fries, curried rutabaga bisque and using rutabaga in place of potato in my beef stew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusTex View Post
Well darn. I guess I'll have to wait until next week for my next rutabaga recipe. I checked my sheet again and even though I did IP in 2012, they gave me a sheet that was dated 2011. Good thing I never even tried rutabagas then, I would have gone crazy. Ha. Thanks for the info, I downloaded the new sheet. Your curried rutabaga bisque sounds great, definitely on my list.
AusTex, you are correct, it used to be a select veggie. I have a sheet from 6/2012 when rutabaga WAS a select veggies. It moved to the occasional list by the Feb 2013 P1 sheet (which I also have saved).
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:42 PM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
AusTex, you are correct, it used to be a select veggie. I have a sheet from 6/2012 when rutabaga WAS a select veggies. It moved to the occasional list by the Feb 2013 P1 sheet (which I also have saved).
Interesting. I guess they wised up sometime late in 2012-2013! Thanks for the info Lisa.
AusTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 06:56 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

I started IP on Labor day and have enjoyed the diet and was shocked that I didn't miss my old lunches and dinners (with sauces). But, I'm thinking ahead as I am finishing up a contract with a client where I was able to eat lunch every day at this great grill that has a salad bar with all the right veggies and lean meats so every day I have veggies and 2 oz meat stir fry for lunch which is absolutely delicious. I do not like salads or raw veggies too much (certainly not every day) though I have found that the simple unlimited salad with oil & vinegar has been good especially if I was hungry! So, now I will move to a client where the lunch options are horrible even when not on this diet (you must get in the car, bring lunch and the microwaves are dirty/disgusting, and there's only a small deli in walking distance). So, this means I must bring food. I'm thinking about bringing in veggie steamers and using the IP soups which is what I've been doing on the weekends. But, I can't imagine eating that every day. I was eating 2 oz of protein which helped me feel full at lunch at I had a hard time with 6-8 at dinner alone. I'm worried because I have been so happy with my food and didn't feel at all that I was compromising. I guess I need to get better at making food for the whole week ...
shasta10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:20 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasta10 View Post
I started IP on Labor day and have enjoyed the diet and was shocked that I didn't miss my old lunches and dinners (with sauces). But, I'm thinking ahead as I am finishing up a contract with a client where I was able to eat lunch every day at this great grill that has a salad bar with all the right veggies and lean meats so every day I have veggies and 2 oz meat stir fry for lunch which is absolutely delicious. I do not like salads or raw veggies too much (certainly not every day) though I have found that the simple unlimited salad with oil & vinegar has been good especially if I was hungry! So, now I will move to a client where the lunch options are horrible even when not on this diet (you must get in the car, bring lunch and the microwaves are dirty/disgusting, and there's only a small deli in walking distance). So, this means I must bring food. I'm thinking about bringing in veggie steamers and using the IP soups which is what I've been doing on the weekends. But, I can't imagine eating that every day. I was eating 2 oz of protein which helped me feel full at lunch at I had a hard time with 6-8 at dinner alone. I'm worried because I have been so happy with my food and didn't feel at all that I was compromising. I guess I need to get better at making food for the whole week ...
During several months on phase 1, I was traveling from school to school in a very urban school district where eating choices were VERY limited and it wasn't always desirable to go into the neighborhood looking for food even if it was to be found!

I pretty much survived on soup and steamers!! For variety on occasion I had salads and soup, or chips and steamers. I just needed to keep it quick and simple. I brought a couple of spice bottles to add some zip! Then I made sure to plan lots of variety for my Bfast and dinner and on weekends! I also switched my snack from after dinner to late afternoon for my ride home.

You can do it!

When there really are limited (awful) options around, you will be happy to have your healthy and on plan IP food, even if it's the same each day!

Last edited by JLUS; 10-09-2014 at 07:52 AM.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:35 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

[QUOTE=JLUS;5079593]I pretty much survived on soup and steamers!! For variety on occasion I had salads and soup, or chips and steamers. I just needed to keep it quick and simple. I brought a couple of spice bottles to add some zip! Then I made sure to plan lots of variety for my Bfast and dinner and on weekends! I also switched my snack from after dinner to late afternoon for my ride home.

QUOTE]

Thank you JLUS - I didn't think about bringing spices to the office. I already have salt, oil, and vinegar in my desk drawer so why not spices! I also bought this great microwaveable soup container that has a top so I could put the soup in, shake it up, and use the same vessel for the microwave. The accommodations/kitchen are horrible so very little space for washing up or prepping. The funny thing is that this is at NIH so sort of funny that the kitchen is so unsanitary.
shasta10 is offline   Reply With Quote