Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 02:25 PM   #106  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

[QUOTE=oneuh2;5063443]I was looking thru the first IP STICKY THREAD for a muffin recipe this morning, and I ran across this posting from a few years ago - it uses 3 packets and says Equivalent to 3 Ideal Protein foods, but there is less than a day's worth of select veggies - can you veteran experts help me figure how I can make this up and divide it into servings that fit the protocol? I really love using the crock pot, and transforming packets is really giving variety and ease of prep to my IP journey....

I am thinking that if I added 4C of veggies to this recipe instead of 2-3C, it would be a full day of IP protocol, with salad (including daily oil) to be eaten on the side.... does that seem accurate?

Hard to say without actually seeing the recipe you are referring to - it may have been a recipe that posted when an older version of the protocol was being used, it's been through a few revisions Which recipe are you looking at?

Oh and about your rutabaga dilemma - some supermarkets label them as Yellow Turnips instead of Rutabaga, but they are the same thing
Old 09-01-2014, 02:51 PM   #107  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Ha Ha!! I have this in the crock pot right now! But I forgot the maple syrup. Maybe I'll just pour some on the rutabaga before I eat them. Or maybe I'll make the Potato soup gravy??? So many choices.
Oh -- I would add the maple syrup now! Those little chunks tasted so great last nite that I can't wait for leftover rutabaga with my dinner this evening!!

BTW - my other food epiphany today was the IP Wildberry Yogurt Drink which I made into muffins (with the IP crispy cereal packet).

I received this one packet of Wildberry Yogurt Drink in my starter kit for IP, but I had not tried it. The fruit based drinks from IP are a bit too acidic for my tastes, even trying to mix them with pudding to create a cremesicle effect... but this Wildberry thing smelled heavenly and the muffins tasted great. I will have to get a box of that this week to add to my IP cupboard of packets and bars.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:52 PM   #108  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Scorbett, the recipe was quoted at the end of the message.

Basically, with any recipe, just do the math. If there are less than 4 cups of veggies and you are eating for two meals, add a side of veg or put some in your salad to make up the difference. This has two meat portions so unless you are on phase 2, it wouldn't work for your lunch. I would only use two soup packets, 16 0z meat and either 2 or 4 cups of veggies and eat it for two dinners (or freeze half for another day.) If you freeze it, make sure you write how mant veggie servings are in there because you will forget.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:58 PM   #109  
oneuh2

[QUOTE=scorbett1103;5063494]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
I was looking thru the first IP STICKY THREAD for a muffin recipe this morning, and I ran across this posting from a few years ago - it uses 3 packets and says Equivalent to 3 Ideal Protein foods, but there is less than a day's worth of select veggies - can you veteran experts help me figure how I can make this up and divide it into servings that fit the protocol? I really love using the crock pot, and transforming packets is really giving variety and ease of prep to my IP journey....

I am thinking that if I added 4C of veggies to this recipe instead of 2-3C, it would be a full day of IP protocol, with salad (including daily oil) to be eaten on the side.... does that seem accurate?

Hard to say without actually seeing the recipe you are referring to - it may have been a recipe that posted when an older version of the protocol was being used, it's been through a few revisions Which recipe are you looking at?

Oh and about your rutabaga dilemma - some supermarkets label them as Yellow Turnips instead of Rutabaga, but they are the same thing
I added the recipe to my post... Can you not see the crockpot recipe in my posting? Here it is again - just the text without attempts to quote the original poster:

Crock-pot Meal
For all Stages of the Ideal Diet Protocol
Equivalent to 3 Ideal Protein foods (This is what does not make sense to me - while this is made from 3 IP packets, it also has part of the day's veggies, but not all, plus the daily meat or protein allotment - it seems like more than the 3 IP foods)

· 3 Ideal Protein soups (Chicken and/or Leek and/or Asparagus)
· 30 oz of low-fat broth (chicken, beef or vegetable)
· 2-3 cups of your choice of hearty vegetables cut up in 1-inch chunks (zucchini, leeks, garlic, green beans, celery, asparagus tips, mushrooms, turnip)
· 16 oz of lean meats or poultry, cut up in 1-inch chunks
· Fresh or powdered garlic, to taste
· Sea salt
· Ground pepper
· Your choice of spice(s) and herbs (oregano, thyme, basil, rosemary, sage, hot peppers, etc.)

Pour 30 oz of your choice of low fat broth in a blender. Add the contents of all three Ideal Protein soups of your choice. Blend until smooth. Pour into a Crock-pot. Add your choice of meat and vegetables. Spice up as you please. Simmer over low heat for 4-6 hours until the meat is so tender it falls apart at the touch of your fork.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:09 PM   #110  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

[QUOTE=oneuh2;5063522]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post

I added the recipe to my post... Can you not see the crockpot recipe in my posting? Here it is again - just the text without attempts to quote the original poster:

Crock-pot Meal
For all Stages of the Ideal Diet Protocol
Equivalent to 3 Ideal Protein foods (This is what does not make sense to me - while this is made from 3 IP packets, it also has part of the day's veggies, but not all, plus the daily meat or protein allotment - it seems like more than the 3 IP foods)

· 3 Ideal Protein soups (Chicken and/or Leek and/or Asparagus)
· 30 oz of low-fat broth (chicken, beef or vegetable)
· 2-3 cups of your choice of hearty vegetables cut up in 1-inch chunks (zucchini, leeks, garlic, green beans, celery, asparagus tips, mushrooms, turnip)
· 16 oz of lean meats or poultry, cut up in 1-inch chunks
· Fresh or powdered garlic, to taste
· Sea salt
· Ground pepper
· Your choice of spice(s) and herbs (oregano, thyme, basil, rosemary, sage, hot peppers, etc.)

Pour 30 oz of your choice of low fat broth in a blender. Add the contents of all three Ideal Protein soups of your choice. Blend until smooth. Pour into a Crock-pot. Add your choice of meat and vegetables. Spice up as you please. Simmer over low heat for 4-6 hours until the meat is so tender it falls apart at the touch of your fork.
It's weird wording but I don't think the intention was to equal the whole day's meals - just equivalent to 3 IP packets (aka foods), broken out into servings. I would have to sit down with MFP and see how they did the math on it, but if you split the meal into 2 servings you'd be getting your 8oz meat, 1.5 packets, and 1-1.5 cups of veggies which would be fine for a dinner meal and just count the packet in place of either lunch or snack. You'd end up half a packet under, but you could make that up by mixing up a vanilla shake and using half of it in a big mug of coffee
Old 09-01-2014, 03:16 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 208/?/150

Height: 5'9"

We are going to a friends house for dinner tonight (he's actually a weight loss surgeon and I think his office may do IP) but I am being good and bringing my own food. Buffalo chicken made with franks red hot, with some WF bleu cheese dressing, and some stirfry veggies. Hopefully they won't be offended that I'm not eating their food!

This long weekend has been tough. It's easier for me to stay OP when I'm out of the house. But I finished landscaping the front yard yesterday, and now I'm organizing my closet, the pantry, and detailing my car. I have to keep busy to keep myself from wanting to snack. Hubby should be happy... Losing weight and cleaning the house from top to bottom lol
Old 09-01-2014, 03:19 PM   #112  

Quote:
Oh -- I would add the maple syrup now! Those little chunks tasted so great last nite that I can't wait for leftover rutabaga with my dinner this evening!!

BTW - my other food epiphany today was the IP Wildberry Yogurt Drink which I made into muffins (with the IP crispy cereal packet).

I received this one packet of Wildberry Yogurt Drink in my starter kit for IP, but I had not tried it. The fruit based drinks from IP are a bit too acidic for my tastes, even trying to mix them with pudding to create a cremesicle effect... but this Wildberry thing smelled heavenly and the muffins tasted great. I will have to get a box of that this week to add to my IP cupboard of packets and bars.
I'm not a fan of the wildberry yogurt (too sweet for me) but I love muffins made from it
Did you find the zucchini/packet muffin recipe I posted in recipes #4?
There's a link to that thread in the first post of this thread.

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-01-2014 at 03:37 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:27 PM   #113  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I'm not a fan of the wildberry yogurt (too sweet for me) but I love muffins made from it
Did you find my zucchini/packet muffin recipe in recipes #4?
Thers a link to that thread in the first post of this thread.

Your packet transformations are a critical success factor in my IP experience, Lisa!

It was one of your postings during your first week back on P1 that I saw the Wildberry Yogurt muffin reference, and I made a mental note to find my packet and try that with it -- I was expecting too sweet, like the other IP fruit drinks.

I have been using your zucchini/packet muffin recipe to make muffins, pancakes and waffles -- it works for all those cooking variations! I also have done the same with cauli rice in lieu of zuke. These are all typical weekend lunch items for me.....

Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing your recipes, tips and tricks!
Old 09-01-2014, 03:40 PM   #114  

Quote:
Your packet transformations are a critical success factor in my IP experience, Lisa!

It was one of your postings during your first week back on P1 that I saw the Wildberry Yogurt muffin reference, and I made a mental note to find my packet and try that with it -- I was expecting too sweet, like the other IP fruit drinks.

I have been using your zucchini/packet muffin recipe to make muffins, pancakes and waffles -- it works for all those cooking variations! I also have done the same with cauli rice in lieu of zuke. These are all typical weekend lunch items for me.....

Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing your recipes, tips and tricks!
I can only take credit for tweaking and keeping things easy to find. I found those recipes to be essential for my success. Transforming food into something else is crucial for me, as well. I've tried the caulirice in it but I like the zucchini better. I think it is blander.

The potato puree is one of only 2 IP brand items I still purchase. I can usually find it on ebay for a similar price as at my former clinic. I really like the bread or rolls made from that product.

Unlike you, however, I find most of the IP fruity drinks refreshing and a great sub for actual fruit. My favorite are the lemonade or orange drink. I now use syntrax nectar and have added the grapefruit to my arsenal.

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-01-2014 at 03:42 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:27 PM   #115  

Default Here goes nothing...WISH ME LUCK!

I will be making my 1st order for alt. products today! Me and my hubby spoke about this and it make more sense. If I can STILL lose weight and save money at the same time...WHY NOT!?
I'm not sure how my coach will react to this news wednesday. But who cares...it's my wallet that's suffering...lol! I will ask if about them helping me once I reach phase 2. That's a looooonnngggg time from now. If they are not supportive...I have YOU HERE for support.
I'm a little nerves about what to get:?:. I will take it one day at a time and contiune reading post here. I know I will be ordering the syntrax nectar choc. truffle for a shake. I'm placing my order with Nashua Nutrition. Hopefully it will come this week. If not I will purchase the EAS drinks from wal mart. I also have a huge jug of shake mix that I've never even opened. However, the protein is 26g. I will figure it out though.
ANY SUGGESTIONS ON THINGS TO ORDER WILL TRULY BE APRICIATED!!!!
Old 09-01-2014, 05:18 PM   #116  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewme42 View Post
I will be making my 1st order for alt. products today! Me and my hubby spoke about this and it make more sense. If I can STILL lose weight and save money at the same time...WHY NOT!?
I'm not sure how my coach will react to this news wednesday. But who cares...it's my wallet that's suffering...lol! I will ask if about them helping me once I reach phase 2. That's a looooonnngggg time from now. If they are not supportive...I have YOU HERE for support.
I'm a little nerves about what to get:?:. I will take it one day at a time and contiune reading post here. I know I will be ordering the syntrax nectar choc. truffle for a shake. I'm placing my order with Nashua Nutrition. Hopefully it will come this week. If not I will purchase the EAS drinks from wal mart. I also have a huge jug of shake mix that I've never even opened. However, the protein is 26g. I will figure it out though.
ANY SUGGESTIONS ON THINGS TO ORDER WILL TRULY BE APRICIATED!!!!
FYI
The syntrax nectar is very thin/watery. It'll work great as a "drink" but it doesn't thicken like the shake mixes. I prefer the fruity ones b/c things like lemonade are pretty thin anyway.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:42 PM   #117  

Quote:
FYI
The syntrax nectar is very thin/watery. It'll work great as a "drink" but it doesn't thicken like the shake mixes. I prefer the fruity ones b/c things like lemonade are pretty thin anyway.
Thanks for the info. Lisa!
Old 09-01-2014, 09:49 PM   #118  
oneuh2

Quote:
I can only take credit for tweaking and keeping things easy to find. I found those recipes to be essential for my success. Transforming food into something else is crucial for me, as well. I've tried the caulirice in it but I like the zucchini better. I think it is blander.

The potato puree is one of only 2 IP brand items I still purchase. I can usually find it on ebay for a similar price as at my former clinic. I really like the bread or rolls made from that product.

Unlike you, however, I find most of the IP fruity drinks refreshing and a great sub for actual fruit. My favorite are the lemonade or orange drink. I now use syntrax nectar and have added the grapefruit to my arsenal.
I still say that you rock! Your attn to details on this discussion board gives a better user experience to all of us!

I purchased the potato puree this week at my clinic - I have not tried it yet, but I have all the ingredients to make up some of the bread or rolls. That's next on my list of 'let's try to transform another packet' into something that enhances my IP food choices!
Old 09-01-2014, 09:54 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 217/182/165

Height: 5"4'

Day 2 - Has been a perfect day!

Love hearing all the ideas on food and recipes!
Old 09-01-2014, 11:49 PM   #120  

I'm truly grateful that my coworker bet me to go on IP for the month of August. I have dropped the weight that I gained due to work AND I've gained a wealth of knowledge! I also found several new ways to incorporate veggies into my meal, especially ones that I didn't like (which is about 80% of the standard veg we're allowed). I've come to enjoy sautéing kale or adding it to a stir fry, to enjoy cabbage in stir fry, to REALLY enjoy roasted broccoli, to enjoy roasted cauliflower thanks to a suggestion from Kissi (I HATED cauliflower before), and to enjoy asparagus even more than I did before starting IP. I'm can't wait try my hand at the cauliflower rice and mashed potatoes now! I will definitely be continuing on IP after I phase out and go on my vacation because IP is beneficial in so many ways--losing weight, eating better, getting creative with food, trying new things, etc.
Closed Thread