Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 12:03 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
The conversation about recommitting to be 100% through the last few weeks is on point for me right now. I find myself slipping here and there, justifying things that aren't on the sheet because they still fall within other keto diet plans (i.e. more fat than I should have or fats that aren't on the sheet). I've also not been diligent about weighing my protein and getting my water in. Gotta get back on the 100% bus!
I am glad to see others recommitting to this - I slipped off for a while and was having a challenge kicking my you-know-what back into gear at 100%. I became a professional rationalizer...oh, look, here is cream, a quick splash won't really harm me and it is non carb.....

So I am on a strict, strict not even think about any other kind of food program - each day, every minute, I am planning and reflecting on the program and how to keep it clean. I was within about 16 pounds of goal after more than -120 pounds and I lost momentum and focus. I guess I felt so good in all my size 10 and 12's that I got real cocky and content. Lesson learned.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:40 PM   #47  
Ideal Protein 7/10/14

S/C/G: 256.4/224/160

Height: 5'7.5"

Thanks guys for encouraging me on the no loss. I didn't expect a whole lot after 7.4 last week but 2 more pounds on the day after weigh in had me stoked. After 4 days precisely at the same weight.....229.1 (isn't that amazing...same every morning after poo)!! Today it dropped to 228.1. I know my body is going to do what my body is going to do. I know I'm on plan 100% with no dupes, replacements, fudging, break up of protein, all my water, etc., and burning 2200 daily on my fitbit....eating 800 calories......so I know the fat is being used as a source of fuel.

One thing that my coach Echo told me over and over...and after 7 weeks stuff is starting to stick...things I focus on that get me through....is "burning fat is like burning high octane fuel...your body loves it...no more ups and downs of blood sugar, no depletion, and an "unlimited" supply (for me it's 70 more pounds of rich fuel haha).

Also she told me "any deviation from the plan, you will kick yourself out of ketosis/fat burning and go back to burning blood sugar and glycogen as a source of fuel...and will ask for more (carb cravings).

For the first 5 weeks, I had a nightly vodka spritzer. I think I earned it. Heck, I was riding my bike every day to earn it!! (yeah, i was exercising on IP to justify cheating with a bite here and there or extra drinky poo--hanging head in shame) I lost well the first several weeks...then my weight slowed to 1.8 and 2.0 which was good...but then I had a week I gained .4. My coach told me I was NOT in ketosis. When I added up my "extra" carb, it was well over 30 gm/day. UGH!! She was right. I was having more than one cocktail, but I didn't tell her that. I got used to rewarding myself with food...or calories in the alcohol. I figured it says zero carb in vodka how could that affect me.

When I went 100% compliant, I dropped weight like crazy. I'm in it to win it!

Have a great day all.

Last edited by rhondac; 08-31-2014 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:14 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1015 View Post
Was it the one kissi posted or a new invention? Inquiring minds want to know.
I kinda made my own since I don't have Waldens syrup.

1/2 cup hot coffee
1/2 cup RTD vanilla (EAS shake)
3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Old 08-31-2014, 02:07 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'3"

Oh, that sounds delicious! Must try soon.
Had a NSV today! Tried on a pair of size 12 pants today and they fit! I've been wearing a 16 for quite a while, so I am very excited!
Old 08-31-2014, 02:12 PM   #50  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn8 View Post
I kinda made my own since I don't have Waldens syrup.

1/2 cup hot coffee
1/2 cup RTD vanilla (EAS shake)
3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Yummy!! I actually brew my coffee with the spices right in the grounds...1 Tbsp for a full pot of coffee and it is OH SO GOOD...makes the house smell great too
Old 08-31-2014, 02:17 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 325/300/225

Height: 5'7"

Went to dinner with my hubby last night at Seasons 52.... Any one else been? They have all their nutritional info on their website. Lots of good stuff that you can adjust for IP.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:37 PM   #52  
Started IP July 28, 2014

Fairly proud of myself this weekend. I've had a lot of exciting news, and I managed to resist the urge to celebrate by going out for dinner or having a glass of wine. All part of the mental reset regarding my relationship with food.

In January I started a new job and it was a terrible move. I've been so unhappy there, it definitely contributed to my struggles this year with weight gain. I interviewed somewhere else about a month ago and finally found out on Friday that I got it. I'm super happy with the change, it's with a large international non-profit and the environment will suit me much better. I'll also have to drive by two of the city's best pools (none out my way) to get there, so I'm going to start swimming again. Absolutely my favourite way to exercise so I'm pretty excited. I have a new swimsuit on the way.

I had also made the decision in July that it was time to replace my 18 year old car (which came to me via my grandmother). I'll now be commuting much further, so it just got even more important. Yesterday I finally pulled the trigger after many weeks of test drives and research. It's my first "real" car purchase and I got an amazing deal (thanks to knowing someone in the industry). I take delivery on Tuesday, and on Wednesday I'm hitting the road down to NY to pick up all my alternatives that I ordered last week.

Anyways, it's been an exciting few days. Even though it's very warm here today, I'm getting into autumn mode. I blanched and measured out portions of a bushel of tomatoes and have a huge slow cooker full of IP friendly cabbage rolls (deconstructed) going right now (20 servings!). We've been lucky with a relatively cool and sunny summer here, but I just love autumn. It's my favourite time of year, and everything is looking up for the first time this year. 2014 may redeem itself!

I hope everyone else is having a great last long weekend of the summer.

Last edited by SarahBee_; 08-31-2014 at 02:48 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:59 PM   #53  

Default Hope everyone is having a good Sunday!

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is starting their day off right and on plan. I went out today and looked at some Alt. products at Wal-mart. Just looking so when I do switch over to Alt. plan I will know what to purchase. While cleaning my house I found a jug of shake powder that I purchased monthssssss ago. Everything looked okay (according to Alt. weight chart) but the protein was too high 26g...SHOOT!
Can someone tell me how many whole eggs and egg whites equals an IP packet?
Old 08-31-2014, 03:12 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewme42 View Post

If you're using large eggs, 1 whole + 3 whites
Old 08-31-2014, 03:17 PM   #55  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanklan View Post
Oh, that sounds delicious! Must try soon.
Had a NSV today! Tried on a pair of size 12 pants today and they fit! I've been wearing a 16 for quite a while, so I am very excited!
Congrats! That is the BEST feeling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondac View Post
Thanks guys for encouraging me on the no loss. I didn't expect a whole lot after 7.4 last week but 2 more pounds on the day after weigh in had me stoked. After 4 days precisely at the same weight.....229.1 (isn't that amazing...same every morning after poo)!! Today it dropped to 228.1. I know my body is going to do what my body is going to do. I know I'm on plan 100% with no dupes, replacements, fudging, break up of protein, all my water, etc., and burning 2200 daily on my fitbit....eating 800 calories......so I know the fat is being used as a source of fuel.

For the first 5 weeks, I had a nightly vodka spritzer. I think I earned it. Heck, I was riding my bike every day to earn it!! (yeah, i was exercising on IP to justify cheating with a bite here and there or extra drinky poo--hanging head in shame) I lost well the first several weeks...then my weight slowed to 1.8 and 2.0 which was good...but then I had a week I gained .4. My coach told me I was NOT in ketosis. When I added up my "extra" carb, it was well over 30 gm/day. UGH!! She was right. I was having more than one cocktail, but I didn't tell her that. I got used to rewarding myself with food...or calories in the alcohol. I figured it says zero carb in vodka how could that affect me.

When I went 100% compliant, I dropped weight like crazy. I'm in it to win it!
Way to go!

One thing I had learned that put things in perspective when it comes to alcohol...no matter WHAT your body is doing to burn calories, as soon as you drink alcohol, the body IMMEDIATELY stops metabolizing fat and starts metabolizing alcohol. So even if there are no carbs present, alcohol takes you right out of fat burning mode. And it adds up to more time having to be on the diet to get where you want to be! Everyone decides for themselves whether it's worth it, but for me I didn't want to spend one extra MINUTE on P1 that I didn't have to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I am glad to see others recommitting to this - I slipped off for a while and was having a challenge kicking my you-know-what back into gear at 100%. I became a professional rationalizer...oh, look, here is cream, a quick splash won't really harm me and it is non carb.....

So I am on a strict, strict not even think about any other kind of food program - each day, every minute, I am planning and reflecting on the program and how to keep it clean. I was within about 16 pounds of goal after more than -120 pounds and I lost momentum and focus. I guess I felt so good in all my size 10 and 12's that I got real cocky and content. Lesson learned.
I'm right there with you....I wasn't on P1 again until Friday but MAN was I good at rationalizing my choices before then. You will be awesome! You are SO CLOSE to the end it will go by quickly, just keep your head down and your eyes on the prize!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBee_ View Post
Fairly proud of myself this weekend. I've had a lot of exciting news, and I managed to resist the urge to celebrate by going out for dinner or having a glass of wine. All part of the mental reset regarding my relationship with food.

I hope everyone else is having a great last long weekend of the summer.
Awesome job!

Quote:
Hello everyone! I hope everyone is starting their day off right and on plan. I went out today and looked at some Alt. products at Wal-mart. Just looking so when I do switch over to Alt. plan I will know what to purchase. While cleaning my house I found a jug of shake powder that I purchased monthssssss ago. Everything looked okay (according to Alt. weight chart) but the protein was too high 26g...SHOOT!
You can always scale back the serving size to get closer to the right amount of protein, as long as the fat and carb content are still in line with IP. Don't throw away that shake mix yet!

For packet replacement, a whole egg is too high in fat to be used - but 3/4 cup of egg whites has about the same calorie content as a non restricted packet, and about 18g protein. Whole eggs are allowed as a protein meal option, but meat options will also have some fat incorporated so it's more comparable.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:41 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Kellyc- great NSV wearing those size 16s and smaller shirt.

Chipndip and Mad4lean - I found the last month one of the hardest to stay focused. sounds like you both have set clear goals that I am sure you will make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLT View Post
Thank you. You are an inspiration to me as we have similar stats. How long did it take you to get to goal?
Hi Sophie I took me 10 days less a year on P1 to lose the weight. I may have lost if faster if I didn't work out as much, I did really well with inches but either way it was a journey not a race for me. You will do great and remember that it is your own journey and I am sure you will do awesome. Look forward to seeing you in maintenance

Busy weekend at the cottage, my sister is here with her 2 twins that are almost 2 months, yikes that is a lot of work. I forgot how much. Went for a quick 5km run today and enjoying taking it easy.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:41 PM   #57  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

SarahBee, congrats on the new car! I have to get a new one too and I'm thinking of a mini cooper...They're so cute and fun. A mini cooper convertible would be great! Or I might just be practical and get a Toyota.

Well I made two horrible choices today so far. For breakfast I had the pancake, which was good. But then I went out shopping and started having cravings and hunger so I'm thinking the carbs are too high on that for me.

When I came home, sure enough, it doesn't appear that I'm in ketosis.

Then I tried the tomato soup for the first time. Yucky! Eeeew! I put all kinds of stuff in it to try to make it palatable but it wasn't. Never getting that again
Old 08-31-2014, 03:52 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
If you're using large eggs, 1 whole + 3 whites
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Congrats! That is the BEST feeling!

Way to go!

One thing I had learned that put things in perspective when it comes to alcohol...no matter WHAT your body is doing to burn calories, as soon as you drink alcohol, the body IMMEDIATELY stops metabolizing fat and starts metabolizing alcohol. So even if there are no carbs present, alcohol takes you right out of fat burning mode. And it adds up to more time having to be on the diet to get where you want to be! Everyone decides for themselves whether it's worth it, but for me I didn't want to spend one extra MINUTE on P1 that I didn't have to!

I'm right there with you....I wasn't on P1 again until Friday but MAN was I good at rationalizing my choices before then. You will be awesome! You are SO CLOSE to the end it will go by quickly, just keep your head down and your eyes on the prize!

Awesome job!

You can always scale back the serving size to get closer to the right amount of protein, as long as the fat and carb content are still in line with IP. Don't throw away that shake mix yet!

For packet replacement, a whole egg is too high in fat to be used - but 3/4 cup of egg whites has about the same calorie content as a non restricted packet, and about 18g protein. Whole eggs are allowed as a protein meal option, but meat options will also have some fat incorporated so it's more comparable.
Thanks ladies!!! So using a whole egg and 3 whites would equal a restricted packet?...
Old 08-31-2014, 03:53 PM   #59  

Quote:
Thanks ladies!!! So using a whole egg and 3 whites would equal a restricted packet?...
Nope. A regular packet.
I do two whole eggs to equal a restricted
Old 08-31-2014, 03:56 PM   #60  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

Had a NSV yesterday. Had to prepare all the food for a taco/burrito buffet for my son's birthday dinner. Spent 3 hours in the kitchen and didn't have a taste! I made some taco meat with just spices (not all "extras" that are in the ortega mix) for myself, used romaine lettuce leaves for shells and topped with homemade pico de gallo. Delish! To make it a little easier on myself, I put my food on the side counter so that when it was time to eat I didn't have to even look at all the things on the buffet that I wasn't having. The only comment about my plate from other guests was "that looks good". Ate my brownie while they ate birthday cake. Enjoyed the company and did not feel deprived about food!
Closed Thread