Old 09-25-2014, 02:07 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 217/182/165

Height: 5"4'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin135 View Post
My weight loss is definitely slowing down. I'm okay with that as I want to stay on phase one through the holidays. I am too much of a binger and I would like to fully be in maintenance before the holidays.

I am working my way through the beck book, but years of emotional eating is going to take a lot of work to fix.

Keep up the great job everyone. We are definitely ahead of the game. We won't have all of those holiday pounds to lose.
So, this is my story. I am 57 years old. I have struggled with my weight since I hit puberty at 12. I am loving wearing a size 12 now. I don't realize how much differently I feel until I go off plan for some reason. The next day I feel like I have a hangover. I would so like to know that I can do this using what I learn and the Beck Diet Solution. I did really well on vacation. Gained a few but lost it immediately. I am worried that even The Beck Diet Solution will not be able to change my life time of binging when I am happy, depressed, celebrating, bored or awake.
Has anyone else lost all their weight that is like me and kept it off?
Mad4Lean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:27 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 189/162.5/168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Lean View Post
So, this is my story. I am 57 years old. I have struggled with my weight since I hit puberty at 12. I am loving wearing a size 12 now. I don't realize how much differently I feel until I go off plan for some reason. The next day I feel like I have a hangover. I would so like to know that I can do this using what I learn and the Beck Diet Solution. I did really well on vacation. Gained a few but lost it immediately. I am worried that even The Beck Diet Solution will not be able to change my life time of binging when I am happy, depressed, celebrating, bored or awake.
Has anyone else lost all their weight that is like me and kept it off?
Mad4LeanYou can do this!

It is one day at a time but I believe we can keep the weight off by concentrating on the lessons learned from the Beck book!!

If any weight starts creeping on we will just go back to Phase 1 right away and not let the scale spiral out of control!!
Taye168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 04:38 PM   #243  

Mad4Lean
I've never had The Beck Diet Solution before
All I had was Overeaters anonymous and those tactics didn't work well for me in the long term. I'm hoping the Cognitive Behavior approach works better for me.

The first thing Beck has taught me is hope and strength.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 08:16 PM   #244  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Just posted my week 11 loss... down another 2lbs -- that is a total of 30!
I am doing the happy dance!!!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 09:50 AM   #245  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Just posted my week 11 loss... down another 2lbs -- that is a total of 30!
I am doing the happy dance!!!
Woohoo Oneuh2!!

TGIF! Fridays are always fun as I can wear my favorite jeans

Found a great diet coach & lost 1 pound this week!

Lisa-I can't find my name on the spreadsheet to enter it?
Old 09-26-2014, 09:52 AM   #246  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

question- My WI day is Tuesday. My coach was out of town this week so I put "0". Do I put "0" again since I don't weigh until Tuesday??

OOPS Never mind!! I just looked and we have until Oct 5, to weigh again! So i'm good. I get so thrown off when I miss a week. Hopefully i'll have a whoosh!!

Last edited by Kellyc14; 09-26-2014 at 09:55 AM.
Kellyc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 02:01 PM   #247  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taye168 View Post
Woohoo Oneuh2!!

TGIF! Fridays are always fun as I can wear my favorite jeans

Found a great diet coach & lost 1 pound this week!

Lisa-I can't find my name on the spreadsheet to enter it?
Have you posted on the spreadsheet before? If this is your first time, you need to enter your own name on the spot beneath the last person.
nat1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 06:16 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 198/196.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi all,

A question for those doing the Beck challenge - I just got the book this week and am currently on day 5, eating slowly. I am a habitual fast eater, so this will be a true challenge for me!

I am wondering either for those of you who have already done this step or those for whom this isn't a problem, how long on average does it take you to eat a P1 dinner? I've been so used to wolfing everything down that I don't even know what is normal. It would be helpful for me to get a sense of what others are doing so I have something to work towards as I challenge myself to slow down my eating.

Thanks!

Lucy
Lucy1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:44 AM   #249  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Third week of 0 loss. One more and I will be stalled officially.

Hoping for movement this week
CO_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:52 PM   #250  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy1014 View Post
Hi all,

A question for those doing the Beck challenge - I just got the book this week and am currently on day 5, eating slowly. I am a habitual fast eater, so this will be a true challenge for me!

I am wondering either for those of you who have already done this step or those for whom this isn't a problem, how long on average does it take you to eat a P1 dinner? I've been so used to wolfing everything down that I don't even know what is normal. It would be helpful for me to get a sense of what others are doing so I have something to work towards as I challenge myself to slow down my eating.

Thanks!

Lucy
The Beck book is really changing my thinking

Lucy: I haven't really timed my dinner but would guess around 15 minutes or less now that I have started sitting down and paying attention to each bite.

When I would eat in front of the tv before this diet I could graze a good hour sometimes and not really taste my food.

CO_6:
Hang in there! Keep following the plan & you will have a swoosh!!
Maybe post your meals in the "What are you eating" thread and see if someone has some ideas for you
Old 09-29-2014, 03:05 PM   #251  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_6 View Post

If anyone can understand this, I can!

Are you following the P1 sheet to a T?
All water, oil, salt, supplements?
Have you tried 2 lettuce salads per day?
Are some of your meat choices higher-fat or are you choosing the lowest options (some people have had whooshes with a bit higher fat).
Old 09-29-2014, 03:43 PM   #252  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Yes, I am getting everything in. I could add more lettuce though, I will try that this week.

I posted on the daily thread, but I know that you are a supporter of cycling off at intervals. Have you tried it yet? Has it helped? Can you abbreviate the cycle and do P2 for two days , P3 for two days..etc?
CO_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 05:57 PM   #253  

Default ,

Quote:
Yes, I am getting everything in. I could add more lettuce though, I will try that this week.

I posted on the daily thread, but I know that you are a supporter of cycling off at intervals. Have you tried it yet? Has it helped? Can you abbreviate the cycle and do P2 for two days , P3 for two days..etc?
I did not. I took about 6 weeks and cycled thru (after 10 months OP and 85 down). And I dropped another 10 and then stalled again.

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-29-2014 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:08 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/154

Height: 5'8"

CO-it could be worth trying cycling your days a bit. Have a couple days where you're eating ground beef, steak or roast. Then a day where you eat seafood or chicken. Then a couple more days of red meat followed by a day of leaner cut. If you're consistently using the same packets try and change them up to things you don't normally have ( if you typically have crisps go for a shake instead or vice versa). Or your idea of switching to P2 for a week is also a very valid idea as it will significantly increase your calories. Your body has obviously caught on to your current plan. It is vital to keep the body guessing as it is very good at adapting. Hence the cycling. Whether you choose to do this on a daily or weekly basis is up to you. 0 loss for 3 weeks would be incredibly frusterating- good for you for keeping at it! My experience with P2 was a stall the first week and a loss the second but I think this was only because I lived off eggs and tuna that second week. P3 was much kinder and I posted losses in both. Keep in mind that once carbs are reintroduced so is hunger. P3 left me uncomfortably full at breakfast and starving for the rest of the day because I was not going to be nearly as full again for the rest of the day. If you feel like you're in the right head space to deal with hunger and cravings go for it. I always found that reverting back to P3 was enough to get my weight down. Everybody's body is different and will respond differently. At least give P2 a whirl... But you'll want to commit to it for a couple weeks not a couple days in order to really see the effect. JMO.
Today was WI 6 for me and as my coach had someone in the room when I got there I went to the washroom and found TOM showed up right on time. Was a little thrown and had a fair bit of trepidation facing down the scale right after but was down 2.4 and was so so thankful. Phew. I need to pick up the Beck book again. I'll do a few chapters in a go but had a really busy week last week and didn't get a chance to get the next set in. That will be this week's focus.
RefreshingMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:22 AM   #255  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:

Good luck! I had a 0 last week, it hit me hard LOL. I have WI Thursday and according to my scale at home I am still stalled. Reading the advice here I am going to switch up my packets since seriously I am in a snack rut lol... Planning today to dig thru my abundance of packets and see what treasures I can find...
Sgrealtor1 is offline   Reply With Quote