Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 10:03 AM   #16  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Chip~ great job yesterday!

OhZoe~ You did great.. I too just did an vacation...stuck with IP and it is amazing the feeling coming home and feeling good about vacation for a change...

To everyone who complimented me on my IP vacation... Thanks... Honestly it was not hard to do. Most of the pre-IP temptations did not tempt me. I knew I was going to allow myself an indulgence or 2 (possibly dessert or a drink) but honestly when the opportunities were there I didn't want it. Even the last night when we ate at Fultons Crab House, my husband said not even a last night indulgence? Honestly the glass of wine that I would have had was not something I wanted. I did however indulge in an unsweetened ice tea every night! that was it.

Although my official WI is not till tomorrow I did peek at my scale today and I am down.....

And now climbing on my high horse for a minute...I had been a member of another weight loss program for years....Althought I had learned a lot about healthy eating and what to do and not do...it was so easy to make things "fit" into the program. I love the cut and dry aspect of IP and I have never lost weight like this with such ease. Sure you have to make choices when your in a social situation, but seeing the pounds fall off makes it worth it. I am happy to take 1 per week. That is more than any other program I have done...if I am losing 1 per week then it is better than the alternative which is to gain...And when you gain 1 you know it always brings a friend
You did a fantastic job while on vacation. I know from just going away on the weekends it is a challenge and requires planning. If I have what I need available to me it is easy but eating out is difficult. For ME. congrats!!
Old 08-27-2014, 10:06 AM   #17  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Oh also Darth, sometimes how you enter your veggies in makes a difference. I log them in under raw because that is how we weigh them. When I first started, I was logging them in as cooked and still calling them 2 cups. I couldn't figure out why my calories were so high and why spinach in particular had SO MANY CALORIES. LOL. Then I realized that 2 cups of cooked spinach would be a lot more food than I was actually eating.

The same thing goes for meat. I log it in as 8 ounces RAW because it certainly isn't 8 ounces after you cook it.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:13 AM   #18  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Nat1015 and Jemma51!

Oh.....P3 breakfasts really ARE something to look forward to! A P3 breakfast must include grain (or starch), dairy (or sometimes this is called a "fat"), a fruit, AND protein (from meat, from nuts, from eggs, from dairy)....The Phase 3 breakfast thread has some AMAZING recipes...check it out and get excited!
Old 08-27-2014, 10:22 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 189/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Default Faking fruit for breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Yes, Evemomma you should be thrilled about buying yogurt and low-sugar cereal. LOL I can't wait for that day to come. Oh, and fruit.. OMG
You have done a great job. Do you get fruit in P3 I can't remember
I was totally missing fruit for breakfast as well, so when I saw the recipe for zucchini apples I had to try it. Slice zucchini really thin, bake with lemon juice, splenda, a lot of cinnamon and WF maple syrup. Bake in a baking pan for 30-40 min until cooked to a tender consistency. There is so much liquid that I just add a package of oatmeal in the morning (no additional water), and microwave. The zucchini really do taste like bits of apple, it almost tastes like an apple cobbler!
Old 08-27-2014, 10:25 AM   #20  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca Boo View Post
I was totally missing fruit for breakfast as well, so when I saw the recipe for zucchini apples I had to try it. Slice zucchini really thin, bake with lemon juice, splenda, a lot of cinnamon and WF maple syrup. Bake in a baking pan for 30-40 min until cooked to a tender consistency. There is so much liquid that I just add a package of oatmeal in the morning (no additional water), and microwave. The zucchini really do taste like bits of apple, it almost tastes like an apple cobbler!
This is BY FAR my favorite "dessert" IP recipe since it doesn't take an IP packet (if you don't have it with oatmeal).
Old 08-27-2014, 10:28 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
This is BY FAR my favorite "dessert" IP recipe since it doesn't take an IP packet (if you don't have it with oatmeal).
Now that I know I can trick my brain this way, I was thinking of trying it with Rhubarb - have you tried it? My problem is I HATE vegetables, so this is a great way to sneak them into my food plan. The only other vegetable I like right now is the mashed cauliflower. Any other suggestions?
Old 08-27-2014, 10:34 AM   #22  

Quote:
Now that I know I can trick my brain this way, I was thinking of trying it with Rhubarb - have you tried it? My problem is I HATE vegetables, so this is a great way to sneak them into my food plan. The only other vegetable I like right now is the mashed cauliflower. Any other suggestions?
You could blend raw spinach with an IP shake (some people add ice cubes). It turns the color a little weird but you can't taste the spinach.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:40 AM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1015 View Post
You could blend raw spinach with an IP shake (some people add ice cubes). It turns the color a little weird but you can't taste the spinach.
I have tried doing that - but eating just a shake leaves me hungry feeling like I never ate! Do you ever have that problem? I guess if you did half a shake, and half of another packet it would work. I am going to try that...thanks for the suggestion!
Old 08-27-2014, 10:48 AM   #24  

Quote:
I have tried doing that - but eating just a shake leaves me hungry feeling like I never ate! Do you ever have that problem? I guess if you did half a shake, and half of another packet it would work. I am going to try that...thanks for the suggestion!
Yeah, actually I like to eat my food too. I use the shakes as snacks. I love vegetables so this hasn't been an issue for me. LOL.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:53 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1015 View Post
Yeah, actually I like to eat my food too. I use the shakes as snacks. I love vegetables so this hasn't been an issue for me. LOL.
what veggies do you love? do you eat them raw or cooked? I wish I loved them...its the flavor that just turns me off!
Old 08-27-2014, 11:08 AM   #26  

Quote:
what veggies do you love? do you eat them raw or cooked? I wish I loved them...its the flavor that just turns me off!
Pretty much all of them. I'll eat cauliflower cooked OR raw. I love sautéed: mushrooms, zucchini (especially wrapped in a potato puree "tortilla"), and spinach. I love steamed asparagus, cauliflower, and broccoli. Yellow squash is one that I don't LOVE but I will eat it. I don't hate it but I don't love it either.

I also like to make turnip chips. I slice them on a mandolin, sprinkle olive oil and IP salt and bake. I haven't gotten them really crispy but I like them anyway.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:13 AM   #27  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Yes, Evemomma you should be thrilled about buying yogurt and low-sugar cereal. LOL I can't wait for that day to come. Oh, and fruit.. OMG
You have done a great job. Do you get fruit in P3 I can't remember
I'm almost there and looking forward to breakfast but I'm an odd one and don't like fruit that much. Apples and grapes and the odd clementine. I blame my mom. She doesn't like fruit either. I can manage a smoothie with frozen berries. Is that going to be ok?

Quote:
So I know I just said I am not a fruit eater but guess what? I'm not a veggie eater either. No wonder I got fat!

Over time on IP I have found some new ones but I still have my go to ones. Celery and raw peppers, everyday! I don't like cukes. I find veggies taste better roasted. I do zucchini chips well done. Roasting asparagus until it is brown, the tops taste like popcorn to me. I have introduced all my kids friends to it and they have all loved it.

I roast red peppers, peel the skin and purée it, adding to the tomato basil soup. Rutabaga fries or mashed with stevia after boiling (but that may taste a little strong for you). Jicama fries are very mild.

I have just started tolerating broccoli when I hVe to in a restaurant but I won't make it. Cauliflower "riced" with soya can sometimes fool me. Sometimes my problem is flavour and sometimes it is texture. I tried to go for hypnosis and they told me to just eat the ones I like. It's been mentioned before, sustaining weight loss without learning to incorporate veggies will be very difficult.

Sorry for the long post!
Old 08-27-2014, 11:53 AM   #28  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Wahoo Evemomma! You are in the 120's!! I'm so excited for your breakfast....yogurt and cereal!! I'm real excited to phasing in foods like this, it really helps me focus on getting to the next phase and meeting my goal.

I ended up being late to work today which normally would really bother me. I had to wear a dress today because it seems I have only one pair of slacks that fit me, and I wore them yesterday. Good thing I ordered a ton of dresses for my BIL's wedding two weeks ago. My husband actually suggested the dresses and they slipped my mind. I'm wearing a peach colored dress and I feel great in it and my husband kept telling me I looked hot. I'll take it! I really need to go shopping though.....maybe for size 8's? Blows my mind, never thought in a million years I would be in these sizes ever again. I thought they were just a pipe dream.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:59 AM   #29  
Start: 5/7/14

S/C/G: 205/137/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
what veggies do you love? do you eat them raw or cooked?
I pretty much like them all too (maybe not cabbage so much) but my current fave way of eating them is as grilled leftovers on a salad. We grill several times a week and always cook extra bell peppers, squash, zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes - whatever. We eat them cold in our salads the next day for lunch. The charring from the grill makes for a way more complex tasting salad than just cukes & celery over lettuce.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:01 PM   #30  

Thank you so much for these suggestions!! I will try them, and yes I agree, keeping the weight off without veggies will be very tough!! Thankfully I do eat lettuce, I eat 1 head of romaine a day. So at least I have that working in my favor!
Closed Thread