Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 02:23 PM   #31  

I have a bodybuilder friend who is fanatic at weighing all his foods. He says alway weigh raw if possible but when cooked he says lean beef 6oz raw = 4oz cooked. Chicken he uses a ratio of 1.38 … I kept it simple and when I have left overs I stay within 4-5oz range.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:25 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Happy Friday everyone,
NVS for me yesterday. One of the students at school said to me " You got smaller". Why yes I did, THANK YOU seems as though no adults notice my weight loss but the kids do.
Jemma - Have a great time at the Beach, it sounds like you will stay on track with all your good planning. Kids are awesome, that is a great compliment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
Good Morning All!!

WI this morning and down 2.6 lbs. I passed my halfway to goal mark!!!!
Way to go Kissi that is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
Have a scale victory to report today! Made it to (and past) my mini-milestone of 75 pounds down! I'm going to the store this afternoon to buy a new bead for my charm bracelet! I am hoping to be past 90 before I leave mid-October for a long trip. One pound at a time. :-)
GraceRev!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post
I have two NSV for today! The first isn't actually about me at all, but my wonderful boyfriend got a job! The one that's really about me - those awesome jeans I mentioned a little while ago that were soooo close to fitting but still a little too snug to be comfortable fit great this morning when I tried them on, even though I feel crazy bloated (and my scale agrees I am)! I realized they will probably never fit better than they do right now. I was sad I had to take them off to go to work, but I may lounge around the house in them tonight!
Notcoolenough- those a great NSV, your boyfriend must be so happy! Way to go getting into those jeans. A nice reward for all your hard work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eamherstpat View Post
Starting Monday, after I take my daughter to college for the first time! Had my consultation, bought my food, ready to go. Have 75 lbs to lose. My goal seems so far away...
Eamherspat! I look forward to hearing about your success. Good luck with your health journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
Today is my first day of Phase 2 and I'm so excited!
Congratulations MarcusBrody!

Had my WI today, I have lost more inches, have noticed that my body seems to be getting smaller, clothes a little loser, but the scale is up .5 from my lowest 165. I have 7 more days of P1 and then P2 starts Feeling strong and healthy.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:31 PM   #33  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattigrr View Post
I have a bodybuilder friend who is fanatic at weighing all his foods. He says alway weigh raw if possible but when cooked he says lean beef 6oz raw = 4oz cooked. Chicken he uses a ratio of 1.38 … I kept it simple and when I have left overs I stay within 4-5oz range.
Thanks!
Old 08-22-2014, 03:22 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 189/162.5/168

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
Today is my first day of Phase 2 and I'm so excited! I have stopped and started IP many times over the past four years and FINALLY committed to "finishing" the program about four months ago.

Thanks to all on these forums for the great info and motivation!
Congrats!

These forums really are great for motivation and info--love to read everyone's progress and NSV's!
Old 08-22-2014, 05:21 PM   #35  

Quote:
I think this is another NVS. I have spent the last ten years or so Never drying my shirts in the dryer. I always hang them to dry for fear of them shrinking. I have now become an expert at trying to shrink my clothes. It is still really hot here and this year they are allowing us to wear bermuda shorts to work. I have two pairs to alternate. By the time I get off work they are so saggy I have to wash them in hot hot hot water and dry the heck out of them. My tops are so long now they need shrinking too.

I too can relate with having a heavy body mass. I am pretty muscular and way a lot more than women who wear the same size clothing I wear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1015 View Post
I have that same issue. I can only wear my shorts/capris straight out of the dryer (which I dry on the hottest setting) and they are falling off of me by the end of the day. I really need to go shopping but I don't want to buy new clothes with every size drop so I try to shrink everything. LOL
[QUOTE=catlady1981;5059391]Haha! I've done the same, with practically all my clothes. But now, in the dryer they go. But I'm tired of feeling like I am wearing clown pants. So...I am dragging out the sewing machine this weekend and doing some alterations. I found a great site that shows step by step how to do the alterations and I'm going to give it a try. I can't really wear the pants now, so if I completely botch it, it's not that big a loss.

I have had the same problem with cloths, but I started going to Goodwill or second hand stores, saves money and I have better fitting clothing. I also dry clothing on hot also. But it makes me feel better to have better fitting clothing, helps keep me on track.

Had not been doing 100% IP, had put on 10 pounds but restarted this last Sunday and have 5 pounds of 10 off now. Yeah, next summer if not at weight will phase off, but should be at weight hopefully by summer. Feel so much better being back on IP 100%. In fact making my lunch/supper for this weekend as working 12 hours.

This forum is so great. All of you are so supportive.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:22 PM   #36  

Quote:
I think this is another NVS. I have spent the last ten years or so Never drying my shirts in the dryer. I always hang them to dry for fear of them shrinking. I have now become an expert at trying to shrink my clothes. It is still really hot here and this year they are allowing us to wear bermuda shorts to work. I have two pairs to alternate. By the time I get off work they are so saggy I have to wash them in hot hot hot water and dry the heck out of them. My tops are so long now they need shrinking too.

I too can relate with having a heavy body mass. I am pretty muscular and way a lot more than women who wear the same size clothing I wear.
Quote:
I have that same issue. I can only wear my shorts/capris straight out of the dryer (which I dry on the hottest setting) and they are falling off of me by the end of the day. I really need to go shopping but I don't want to buy new clothes with every size drop so I try to shrink everything. LOL
[QUOTE=catlady1981;5059391]Haha! I've done the same, with practically all my clothes. But now, in the dryer they go. But I'm tired of feeling like I am wearing clown pants. So...I am dragging out the sewing machine this weekend and doing some alterations. I found a great site that shows step by step how to do the alterations and I'm going to give it a try. I can't really wear the pants now, so if I completely botch it, it's not that big a loss.

I have had the same problem with cloths, but I started going to Goodwill or second hand stores, saves money and I have better fitting clothing. I also dry clothing on hot also. But it makes me feel better to have better fitting clothing, helps keep me on track.

Had not been doing 100% IP, had put on 10 pounds but restarted this last Sunday and have 5 pounds of 10 off now. Yeah, next summer if not at weight will phase off, but should be at weight hopefully by summer. Feel so much better being back on IP 100%. In fact making my lunch/supper for this weekend as working 12 hours.

This forum is so great. All of you are so supportive.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:05 PM   #37  
Miss Prissy Chic

S/C/G: 184/167.6/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Checking in

Hello all, I am trying to get to the twenty posts, so I will have more perks on here.

NSV: Pictures are showing a slimmer, trimmer me. I'm getting tons of compliments. Started in a tight 14, now a loose 12. I'm hoping the 10 won't be far off. This has been a lot easier than I ever dreamed it would.

I have no weight goal in mind, just a size, but that may change as I am older and I don't won't to look too old in the face.

After five weeks in, I'm finally beginning to think I can do this....

Thanks for this forum...
Old 08-22-2014, 07:29 PM   #38  

Height: magmeepEVE

Hello Everyone! I'm new here as I started IP on August 7. I've had two weigh in's and I'm down 10lbs. I've been doing and feeling pretty good overall. I'm just having a harder and harder time eating my vegetables.

I too have no goal weight in mind. We'll see where this journey takes me.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:11 PM   #39  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdlturtle View Post
I am dragging out the sewing machine this weekend and doing some alterations. I found a great site that shows step by step how to do the alterations and I'm going to give it a try.
Can you share that website???
Old 08-22-2014, 09:13 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Does anyone know how much weight a beef tenderloin steak would lose after cooking? I planned to have my son's leftover filet as part of my dinner tonight but weighing it cooked obviously doesn't give me the info I need. Wasn't there a percentage?
Probably too late to help if you are having it for dinner and not on the a West coast, but... I go with 6 oz cooked if it is something I was not be able to weigh raw. That is a pretty good number to go with and I have seen many people use it.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:07 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 258/165/143

Height: 5'3"

jemma51- Good luck to you at the beach! The "Just Chicken" sounds yummy, I'm going to give it a try. About adults not noticing your weight loss, they probably do, but don't want to mention it, and you know kids are very honest, so you are smaller...YAY!!!

kissi and GraceRev- on your weight loss AND reaching your mini goal!

Eamherstpat- Good luck to you, and try not focus on the big goal, why don't you try to start by setting up mini goals? That's what I'm doing, since I have 83 lbs. more to lose. During my first WI I lost 11 lbs. and 9 in. Your goal is not far away!

MarcusBrody on reaching your goal and starting phase 2!!!

caroling56 and 2bskinnyagain - and please visit the August starters thread!

Have a great and fun weekend everyone!

Last edited by Ariel13; 08-22-2014 at 11:08 PM.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:57 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 228/186/165

Height: 5'9"

Smile First post

Hi all,
After being inspired by all the IP success stories I found here at 3FC, I started IP on 6/19. I STILL can't believe how well the program works. I have struggled with weight for all my adult life, and had ZERO expectation that this diet would be different from the countless others I've done. Now, after 2 months of steady weight loss (ave 4 lbs/wk), I believe that I WILL reach my goal. I set up my ticker tonight and am excited to see that my butterfly is over the halfway mark. So glad I found you all.
Closed Thread