Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 05:34 PM   #31  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

My daughter's first day of pre-k. This is one of the reasons I'm doing IP. She deserves a healthy mom.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sophie.jpg (45.5 KB, 11 views)
Old 08-20-2014, 05:37 PM   #32  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Thanks everyone.

Hope my WI this Friday is reflective of how I've been feeling!

Last edited by kissi; 08-20-2014 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:11 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLT View Post
My daughter's first day of pre-k. This is one of the reasons I'm doing IP. She deserves a healthy mom.
Sophie- your daughter is too cute and I'm sure she is super proud of you. My kids were two of the reasons I joined IP, I wanted to be healthy for them and be an be able to run with them.

Kissi great picture.
Johnsdear- so glad your dad is doing well on IP.

We had our work BBQ yesterday, it took forever for them to cook the hamburgers and it was 4 by the time we had our late lunch. Thankfully I had IP shake and salad at noon and ate most of the veggie tray that was there.

Have a good day everyone
Old 08-20-2014, 06:27 PM   #34  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemum View Post
Doesn't seem odd to me! I am doing something similar - I have started a cardigan for myself, but I'm knitting it down a few sizes. The pattern calls for Malabrigo Silky Merino, and I was going to substitute for something less pricy, but since I'm knitting a smaller size I decided to splurge! Less yardage equals nicer yarn!
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
I love spending less for yarn!
Hooray for other yarnies! I totally agree, smaller size = less yarn = nicer yarn able to purchase = faster knitting = more patterns = more stash busting! Okay this all leads me to feeling like I can buy more yarn! LOL
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/undercurrent My sister (cleaned house, stopped knitting) gifted me a bunch of Noro Silk Garden and I've had it for several years. There's enough of two complimentary colors to do this one. It's in my queue for after I finish the Tea Leaves cardi. I can't wait!
Old 08-20-2014, 06:45 PM   #35  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Happy Weds everyone!

Catlady...LOVE your new pic and haircut!!!!

On the one week countdown to P3 today...yay! I made some IP friendly deviled eggs, and that is helping me get my protein in (mixed yolks with a little WF creamy bacon ranch and mustard and sprinkled with paprika...mmmmmm). As much as it is a challenge eating so much protein and "giving up" one of my ip packs (I really do miss it), my home scale read 132 this AM. Same scale read was up over 136 last week! I won't count anything not on my coach's scale...but makes me think my body really has needed the extra calories. I am not as tired on P2 also.

My parents are staying with me this week and weekend. My mom was up in Amish country yesterday and brought me homemade egg noodles and sugar cookies...Aaaah! The noodles can wait....I took one cookie and wrapped for the freezer afyer a good long sniff. Not long until I can have some of it! No need to cheat when i'm so close (this is what I keep telling my inner brat anyway, lol!).
Old 08-20-2014, 06:46 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Wednesday IP Peeps!

Kissi - You look fabu!! Love your photo. WTG!

JohnsDeere - So glad to you rocked it at the wedding. I love IP too! What a difference it makes for so many people.

Lost 5 lbs at my WI Monday. So excited!! Down a total of 26.5lbs if I include a few pounds I lost prior to starting IP. NSV, I am wearing a pair of jeans I haven’t fit into for nearly 5 years!! What, what!

Last weekend was tough as my DD had an out of town soccer tournament. There was a lot of long (HOT!) waits at the fields followed by lunches at the first restaurant we could find. The first day I sat and watched everyone eat lunch…patiently waiting to make my salad that was in the cooler in our car. I forgot to pack a plate and silverware…duh! Grabbed a togo box and plastic fork and ate in the car as we drove to the next game. Dinner was at a pizza place. I actually had a mini-meltdown after looking at the menu. We ended up leaving the restaurant/team and driving back to a relative’s house we were staying at where all my food was in their fridge. Sunday was slightly better with lunch at a deli (at least I had my dressing with me) and dinner at McDonalds with 2 unwrapped, no sauce grilled chicken lettuce wraps.

That being said, I am now convinced of two things: 1) if I can get through that weekend without cheating, I can get through most food scenarios; and 2) the amount of water I drink directly relates to the amount of weight I lose. I probably drank four 32oz glasses of water both Sat and Sun due to being out in the heat. The scale was down maybe a pound or two before we left and 5lbs Mon morning!

Water, water, water is my new motto!

Have a great week
Old 08-20-2014, 07:40 PM   #37  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

I need to get a grip! so close to goal and I'm starting to lose it. Since the beginning of August I have cheated 4 times. Every time with chips. (Always by downfall, hence my name) Only a handful and so far without ill effects but I don't understand why I am doing it! I've had chips around the whole time but recently there have been plain ones which oddly enough are my favourite. It has to be because I got away with it the first time.

I need someone to kick my @ss because my DH just says oh well, what's the big deal. It's a huge deal! So someone please yell at me!
Old 08-20-2014, 08:27 PM   #38  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I need to get a grip! so close to goal and I'm starting to lose it. Since the beginning of August I have cheated 4 times. Every time with chips. (Always by downfall, hence my name) Only a handful and so far without ill effects but I don't understand why I am doing it! I've had chips around the whole time but recently there have been plain ones which oddly enough are my favourite. It has to be because I got away with it the first time.

I need someone to kick my @ss because my DH just says oh well, what's the big deal. It's a huge deal! So someone please yell at me!
Maybe you should get rid of the chips...not have them around? You have come so far...don't get derailed now!
Old 08-20-2014, 08:28 PM   #39  
Stanski

S/C/G: 152/144/130

Kissi; you look great!!!!!!! Good for you.
I finally went under 150lbs yesterday.....woooohoooo!!! Today I went shopping, not buying, and size 6 pants were actually comfortable. Yes!!!!, I guess I just jumped right over the size 8/10. Saw my profile in a door today, and thought, OMG that's a slim person...oh right, that's me.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:40 PM   #40  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1015 View Post
Maybe you should get rid of the chips...not have them around? You have come so far...don't get derailed now!
Well now that would be too simple . I've spoiled my family by not restricting anything in the house. I've been so good at resisting temptation. But you are right. In the garbage they will go.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:33 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghGal View Post
Hey all - Today is day ONE for me. So far, feeling good (and full - which I was worried about).

I have a question, and I haven't found the answer anywhere I've looked on the board so far. Regarding the two cups of veggies - is there any cheat sheet which tells you the correct weights for each individual vegetable? I guestimated my celery and cucumber for lunch (ate one serving of each, hopefully I didn't overeat). Any help would be awesome.

Also, on my phase one sheet, cucumber is listed both as a freebie and select veggies list. What gives there? Or am I missing something obvious?

Sorry for my noob questions ... I hope to be posting regularly and seeing some of the success ya'll have had!!
Just stick with measuring 2 cups veggies raw and weighing your 8 oz meat raw. You can also Google vegetable weight if the person Lisa referenced in her post doesn't chime in with the site.

While weighing is certainly much more accurate than measuring, IP doesn't require that because they want to make it easy and accessible so people don't need a different weight for each veggie!

Many of us have interpreted the select vs unlimited as... If it is on the select list, it counts towards your 2 cups (raw or cooked). If you want MORE then you can choose from the unlimited list, but must eat those raw when they are part of your "more"!

Good luck to you... Keep reading, posting and asking questions here in the Daily Chat and you will learn from people in ALL phases!
Old 08-20-2014, 10:29 PM   #42  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post

Change your name to something else and perhaps you will crave it instead! Like maybe call yourself LettuceLeaf, or BellPepper
Old 08-20-2014, 10:45 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

DH took a new profile picture today for me... we were scouting locations for the IP video. Video to be filmed & downloaded tomorrow to Dr. Wilkinson.

Liana
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0231 (640x480).jpg (49.3 KB, 37 views)
Old 08-20-2014, 10:49 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
DH took a new profile picture today for me... we were scouting locations for the IP video. Video to be filmed & downloaded tomorrow to Dr. Wilkinson.

Liana
Beautiful! Will you be able to post the video so we can see it?
Old 08-20-2014, 10:54 PM   #45  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post

Liana
Really gorgeous!
Closed Thread