Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 02:53 PM   #16  
Started IP 8/20/14

S/C/G: HW292/SW284/CW284/GW200

Height: 5'8"

Hey all - Today is day ONE for me. So far, feeling good (and full - which I was worried about).

I have a question, and I haven't found the answer anywhere I've looked on the board so far. Regarding the two cups of veggies - is there any cheat sheet which tells you the correct weights for each individual vegetable? I guestimated my celery and cucumber for lunch (ate one serving of each, hopefully I didn't overeat). Any help would be awesome.

Also, on my phase one sheet, cucumber is listed both as a freebie and select veggies list. What gives there? Or am I missing something obvious?

Sorry for my noob questions ... I hope to be posting regularly and seeing some of the success ya'll have had!!
Old 08-20-2014, 03:11 PM   #17  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

PghGal - I saw the same thing for mushrooms. I think it's raw mushrooms are a freebie and cooked are a measurement. I honestly am still just keeping it safe and doing my 2 cups of veggies and unlimited lettuce because that's how the protocol was when I started.

NSV today. I sent my Mom this pic below and my Dad saw it and sent me a text back "Are you standing in front of one of those mirrors that make you look skinny?" and I was like "No, almost 30 lbs down and about 30 more to go" and he said "looking good, don't get carried away, 30 lbs is a lot" So I sent him a before and after face shot and he was like "wow, the second one you look like you did back in High School" I graduated high school 10 years ago!!!

This pic is from today. Last WI I was at 165. Size 10 pencil skirt and it's starting to loosen up. I'm taking in all of my 12s this weekend.

I LOVE this diet!!!
Old 08-20-2014, 03:23 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Great picture, kissi! Lovely shape there! Here's to weighing less and looking 10 years younger...

Liana
Old 08-20-2014, 03:26 PM   #19  
Started IP 6/12/14

Thanks so much, Liana. I'm really starting to feel more like myself. Losing weight is a mental and physical journey with emotional ups and downs and I knew I would have a better outlook on life once the weight started coming off but I'm genuinely becoming a more happy person.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:28 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghGal View Post
Hey all - Today is day ONE for me. So far, feeling good (and full - which I was worried about).

I have a question, and I haven't found the answer anywhere I've looked on the board so far. Regarding the two cups of veggies - is there any cheat sheet which tells you the correct weights for each individual vegetable? I guestimated my celery and cucumber for lunch (ate one serving of each, hopefully I didn't overeat). Any help would be awesome.

Also, on my phase one sheet, cucumber is listed both as a freebie and select veggies list. What gives there? Or am I missing something obvious?

Sorry for my noob questions ... I hope to be posting regularly and seeing some of the success ya'll have had!!
You don't have to worry about the weight of the veg in this Phase... just the cup measure. From what I understand, the unlimited are raw, and the select are cooked, but not too many people cook cukes, so I'm thinking that if you are very hungry you can have 2c cukes as select but you can also add more of them as unlimited. If you aren't that hungry, you can just count your cukes as select and not add anything else from the unlimited list. Make any sense?
Liana
Old 08-20-2014, 03:53 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghGal View Post

Someone posted one of those sheets that will tell you the weight of 2 c. of various veggies. Hopefully they'll see this and point you to it.

Re: cucumber.
Some veggies recently became unlimited, in addition to being select. Most of them would be unlimited raw & select when cooked. I guess some people do cook cucumber?
Old 08-20-2014, 03:57 PM   #22  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Height: 5'4"

This past weekend my BIL got married. I have been planning on what I was going to wear for over a month. I was able to find a super cute dress from forever 21. I had a local salon do my hair and I did my own make up. I have to tell you that I felt very confident and I felt like a million bucks. It's been a long, long time since I have been able to hold my head up and feel like I could carry my own at a wedding. I received ALOT of compliments as did my husband. My husband asked me Monday if it would be hard for me to replicate my hair from Saturday.
I'm so stinkin' happy I did Ideal Protein.

Update on my dad who started IP to lose weight for his prostate surgery, in less than 2 weeks he has lost 14lbs. He had a appointment with his doctor and the doctor was all for his losing weight and was totally fine with doing IP. He's really happy with the results.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:58 PM   #23  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Way to go Kissi, you look fabulous!!
Old 08-20-2014, 04:03 PM   #24  
Started IP 6/12/14

Thanks so much, Johnsdeere! I know how you feel about being happy about doing Ideal Protein. I'm definitely very thankful/grateful to have the opportunity to take this journey.

Congrats from your great time at the wedding! I know that had to feel really good.

Last edited by kissi; 08-20-2014 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:05 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 181.8/goal weight 135

Height: 4'10

Tuscany123, thank you for sharing a pic of you soup. I'm making it now. I went this morning with my husband and friends to Krispy Kreme they all had large coffee with 1/2 and 1/2 and 2 donuts each. I had none and it did not bother me one bit. I just enjoyed their company. If I can turn down Krispy Kreme I can do anything.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:17 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Kissi awesome photo!

Back from the parks for the day. Took a shower and dinner reservations are at 7:00 so thinking I will add an extra quest bar at 5 so I am not starving at dinner. The heat and walking is making me extra hungry. Adding an extra non restricted almost every day. So glad I have my food with me... And the supermarket that we did our quick grocery shopping at here had a gnc attached so I grabbed a few extra quest bars. I am however retaining fluids. My feet and hands are swollen. Guess it's the heat.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:20 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

johnsdeere: Congrats on feeling like a million bucks. This diet is wonderful!

Chipndip: I have never felt satisfied after eating the "clear" soups. Not IP ones or the alternates. Maybe it's a mental thing. I feel more full with the "cream of x" ones.

kissi: You look fabulous. Love the pencil skirt. It's great that you are able to take them in. Are you doing them your self or taking them to be altered?

I dragged out the sewing machine this weekend and hemmed 4 pairs of pants that have been sitting on my dining room table for over a month. 2 of the 4 are now too big and they were brand new, never worn that I found in my closet. I'm sort of ok on the machine but I have never been very good at alterations. Hmm...maybe there is a Youtube video?
Old 08-20-2014, 04:28 PM   #28  
Started IP 6/12/14

Thanks, sgrealtor, I hope you are enjoying your trip!

catlady, thank you! Thankfully, my grandma and my momma taught me how to sew growing up. So I have the sewing machine out, I just need to go buy some thread. I'm not too good with pants. I do have a few tops that I need to take in though. I mainly wear pencil skirts so they should be super easy to hem up. I have a few 14s and a good bit of 12s. I just need to get some thread to match all my funky colors.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:04 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

You look awesome, kissi! Congratulations on the success thus far.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:29 PM   #30  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsdeere View Post
This past weekend my BIL got married. I have been planning on what I was going to wear for over a month. I was able to find a super cute dress from forever 21. I had a local salon do my hair and I did my own make up. I have to tell you that I felt very confident and I felt like a million bucks. It's been a long, long time since I have been able to hold my head up and feel like I could carry my own at a wedding. I received ALOT of compliments as did my husband. My husband asked me Monday if it would be hard for me to replicate my hair from Saturday.
I'm so stinkin' happy I did Ideal Protein.

Update on my dad who started IP to lose weight for his prostate surgery, in less than 2 weeks he has lost 14lbs. He had a appointment with his doctor and the doctor was all for his losing weight and was totally fine with doing IP. He's really happy with the results.
What a great weekend for you! Makes it all worth it. Glad to hear your dad is losing as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
PghGal - I saw the same thing for mushrooms. I think it's raw mushrooms are a freebie and cooked are a measurement. I honestly am still just keeping it safe and doing my 2 cups of veggies and unlimited lettuce because that's how the protocol was when I started.

NSV today. I sent my Mom this pic below and my Dad saw it and sent me a text back "Are you standing in front of one of those mirrors that make you look skinny?" and I was like "No, almost 30 lbs down and about 30 more to go" and he said "looking good, don't get carried away, 30 lbs is a lot" So I sent him a before and after face shot and he was like "wow, the second one you look like you did back in High School" I graduated high school 10 years ago!!!

This pic is from today. Last WI I was at 165. Size 10 pencil skirt and it's starting to loosen up. I'm taking in all of my 12s this weekend.

I LOVE this diet!!!
You are looking great! Keep up the good work.
Closed Thread