Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 05:53 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Tuesday 8/19/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-19-2014, 05:58 AM   #2  

A VERY LOUD cricket outside my bedroom window woke me at 4 am. It's almost 5 now. Guess I'm up. After reviewing tweets from local news last night, I'm expecting another school cancellation robo call at 5:30. The violence in the streets is getting old and solves nothing.

ETA: robo call came early today at 5:08. No students. Staff will report.

Last edited by lisa32989; 08-19-2014 at 06:16 AM.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:00 AM   #3  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Red face

In response to nomorepancakes on yesterday's chat regarding chili being super restricted, some coaches modify the program because of their experiences, like the coaches who tell their clients to cut out restricteds if weight loss slows. IP is designed to have one restricted a day and you should enjoy it!

I believe the chocolate bar is the only super restricted. The blue cran granata and raspberry jelly are suggested for every other. Day or an extra since they are not a full chain protein that you need for the benefits to your body.

And ask for the updated sheets! There have been two updates since October.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 168.8/136.4./130

Height: 5'2''

Lisa I cannot imagine how upsetting all of the chaos and violence around you must be. I was pleased to read in an earlier post that you practice yoga to deal with stress. I am a yoga teacher and recognize the benefits of stretching our bodies and our lungs to help squeeze out tensions and emotions that do not serve us.
I want to thank all of your for your sage advice over the past 4 weeks. I have been pouring over old and new posts, such a wealth of info. I used what was relevant to me and have achieved a loss of 10 lbs this month. I am so happy to finally, finally see my struggle with weight loss going in the right direction! Enjoy your day.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:34 AM   #5  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Lisa - thinking of you and everyone who is in the area. Hoping for a peaceful day for all.

ommamma - congrats on the great loss! That is wonderful!
Old 08-19-2014, 08:43 AM   #6  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Well my woosh stuck, mostly! Down 3 pounds this week after a 1 pound loss and a 1.2 pound loss the two weeks before. 11 pounds to goal! Though, I'm torturing myself and thinking of going ANOTHER 10 pounds after that so I can hit the normal BMI range...we'll see. Mom and sister are going to their intro class tomorrow, so I'm going over to their house this weekend to share some recipes and help them prep food. My poor dad won't know what to do.

Last edited by pishposhappelsauce; 08-19-2014 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Lisa - sending prayers for peace your way.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Happy Tuesday all!

I was watching the news with my DH last night and saddened by what is going on in Missouri. Senseless. I pray for peace to take over.

Hope you all have a good day. Stay safe!
Old 08-19-2014, 09:25 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Lisa ~ Thinking of you and those around you while the senseless violence continues...Hopefully it will end soon so people can go on with their normal lives...

THANK YOU all for the fantastic suggestions yesterday! Lunch was A burger less the bun...extra Lettuce tomato and pickles....& everyone at my table (4 of us) gave me the lettuce tomato and pickles....

Dinner last night was buffet...easy breezy...lots of salad, prime rib and turkey from the carving station and steamed broccoli and carrots from the kids section LOL....The carrots are a no no, but the little bit I have been having in salads and such (usually the slivered ones) are probably not enough to make a huge difference... The only thing I am doing different is having 2 packets before I leave the hotel and since dinner and bed are so far apart I have an extra packet @ night.

DH and DS are off to play golf so I am on my own this am....Going to meet up with my brother and sister later in the parks...but for now I am just relaxing and enjoying some quiet time....
Old 08-19-2014, 09:42 AM   #10  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Week 12 I believe and down 2.4 lbs. As a daily weigher I was a little disappointed when I saw the scale this morning. I gained 2.2 yesterday for no reason. No cheats, tons of water and all the other protocols followed. I was on my way to the best week since week 1 but it didn't stick. I don't know what I did other than eating dinner late last night due to being on the road.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:17 AM   #11  

Hi All!
Still in week 1, and I forgot my breakfast shake at home this morning. Luckily, I left an extra IP pack at my desk yesterday so had that as soon as I got into work. But for future reference, are there any alternative bars/shakes out there that you would recommend? So glad I found this website & forum and all the recipes because I was afraid I would get sick of just eating the IP packets.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:19 AM   #12  

Nevermind, just saw the link above for alternative products
Old 08-19-2014, 10:20 AM   #13  

Default Beck Diet Solution Daily tip

Tuesday Reality Check
Just because you feel a sensation in your body, it doesn’t mean you’re hungry! It could be stress, boredom, tiredness, thirst, a craving, or more. It can be helpful to ask yourself, “Where am I feeling it?” If it’s in your stomach, that may be hunger. If it’s anywhere else in your body, that’s likely not.

Last edited by lisa32989; 08-19-2014 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:36 AM   #14  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Good Morning All. Hoping for a good week. Staying 100% OP and getting through it.

NSV - For some reason recently a lot of people have been telling me this past week that I've lost "A LOT" of weight. I guess it's really starting to show. People made comments before but not any like this. It makes me feel a little uncomfortable but I just follow it up with "I am working on it and have a ways to go; thanks for noticing"

I wish some of the fat in my arms would burn off - I can tell in my legs and midsection moreso than my arms.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:23 AM   #15  

Good Morning everyone!

Lisa, Stay safe. It makes me so sad to watch all that unfold on the news. I hope they find a resolution soon!

ommamma Congrats on your loss!

pishposhappelsauce Way to go! You're getting so close to your goal!!

Sgrealtor1 Great job!! Being on vacation, it's hard not to indulge! You are doing great and making good choices! Have fun!!

kissi I know it can be uncomfortable but you deserve the praise! You've done a great job. Take the encouragement and keep going!
Closed Thread