Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 07:03 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 8/18/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-18-2014, 07:16 AM   #2  

Good morning.

They have cancelled school today where I work due to the unrest in the area. I see the governor has called in the National Guard. I wish someone knew how to restore calm. I'll be safe at home, I live 25 miles away. I'm glad they are doing what they can to keep children and families safe.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:59 AM   #3  

Lisa, I am glad you are home safe and I continue to pray for peace and calm in your area.
I had to comment about the posts from yesterday about Communion. As the pastor, I of course have no choice about taking the sacrament, lol. We have weekly communion so I look forward to my little taste of bread and wine each week. I agree that we shouldn't worry about the small amount that is consumed, and that we should focus instead on the meaning of the meal. But I can totally identify with the brief moment of panic the first time it crosses our mind!
The one change I have had to make is that I used to drink the remaining wine in the chalice when everyone had been served. Sometimes it was a lot, sometimes just a few drops! I don't do that anymore - it would for sure be bad news!

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great Monday. Be good to yourselves!
Old 08-18-2014, 08:16 AM   #4  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Lisa - glad you are safe and am keeping you and the people in your area in my thoughts. So sad.

GraceRev - I think someone at one point posted the nutritional facts for the host and, if I recall correctly, the carbs were negligible. And I agree with you - our spiritual health is just as important as our physical health, no one should be worried about taking communion.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:30 AM   #5  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Lisa....sigh.....watched some of it live yesterday evening and just sick to my stomach. I want the kids to be safe, and I worry how these families and young kids living in ground zero are handling the constant stress. I feel as if this area has been taken advantage of by criminals after dark who have no interest in anything but confrontation. I also live 25 miles away from the unrest. Law and order are truly a house of cards....human nature can be a scary thing.

GraceRev.......LOL....no more leftover wine for you right now!

Happy Monday!

Countdown while on P2 continues for me....still not a huge fan of this phase. Learning that I need to spread out my food into smaller meals to get it all in. Though, I suspect P3 breakfasts may be a struggle for me also.....and that is one you CAN'T split because they just want your pancreas to secrete insulin once a day in the AM.

I did a fun thing yesterday: I cut three inches off my hair! I have been thinking about getting a new hairstyle to go with my new weight....so I asked for an in-between length to see how I might like it. I do! I'm already thinking that I want to get a shorter style next cut.

My other big change for a week now is I switched from being a non-weigh daily weigher to a daily weigher. It is going well as I haven't gone crazy yet! First, I got a more reliable scale (and it says I'm at 133....wahoo). Second, I have the mentality that I need to get used to the daily fluctations as I get ready for maintenance. I have no interest in panicking daily. I like entering my weight into MyFitnessPal because it shows a LONG-TERM pattern...helps keep things in perspective.

For those who do, please pray that God can bring peace to our area. Clearly, people can't seem to solve the problem. With God, however, all things are possible!

Last edited by evemomma; 08-18-2014 at 08:33 AM.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Lisa- sorry to hear that your area is still in such turmoil.

Day 2 in the parks for me. Managed well yesterday, had salad with chicken for lunch and prime rib with green beans and a salad for dinner.. Finding it hard to find oil and vinegar at quick serve places so yesterday I used kens light vinegrette. Just a bit, enough to get a little taste. All in all a good day

Today we have a buffet dinner planned which will be perfect for me. Lunch will be counter service again but I will make it work.

Wearing an outfit that actually fits today instead of hobo pants as my family refers to them..lol. Makes a difference too I feel better about myself in clothes that fit!
Old 08-18-2014, 09:06 AM   #7  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Lisa, I hope this ends soon...and peacefully!
Old 08-18-2014, 09:15 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Lisa- sorry to hear that your area is still in such turmoil.

Day 2 in the parks for me. Managed well yesterday, had salad with chicken for lunch and prime rib with green beans and a salad for dinner.. Finding it hard to find oil and vinegar at quick serve places so yesterday I used kens light vinegrette. Just a bit, enough to get a little taste. All in all a good day

Today we have a buffet dinner planned which will be perfect for me. Lunch will be counter service again but I will make it work.

Wearing an outfit that actually fits today instead of hobo pants as my family refers to them..lol. Makes a difference too I feel better about myself in clothes that fit!
Regular dressing would actually be a better choice in terms of ketosis. The light ones has added sugar to make the texture more like full fat dressing. With all the walking you are doing, a few extra fat calories are probably a good thing too. Ken's Italian has 0 sugar/carbs and only 75 calories for a tablespoon.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:21 AM   #9  
Evemomma

SGrealtor...not sure if you'll see this. But, if you are going to any quick-serve places try to get the grilled chicken sandwich with a side salad. Then lose the bun and ramp up your veggies with the fixings bar! I also grabbed extra packets from the fixings bar for my "IP kit" (spicy mustard, regular mustard, hot sauce, and even soy sauce) and used these to add flavor to my salads in lieu of dressing. I did tend to up my protein while on my vacation to WDW as I did so much walking and didn't have any trouble losing weight still. I did not add extra packets but did have quest bars a few times twice in a day (upped my restricted). This helped me feel like I was having a treat when everyone else was GORGING themselves on ice cream and funnel cakes, etc. Have fun!

Last edited by evemomma; 08-18-2014 at 09:25 AM.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:22 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 181.8/goal weight 135

Height: 4'10

I am really worried about Labor Day. I always have a family gathering that day. I don't feel strong enough to give up the desserts. I'm really thinking about having something I don't like, or maybe when dessert is served I'll go outside and not be around for the temptation. I've lost 10 lbs since July 15. I don't lose weight fast put I have lost some inches and I feel SO much better. It's really a shame that I am thinking for cancelling it this year.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:32 AM   #11  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
I did a fun thing yesterday: I cut three inches off my hair! I have been thinking about getting a new hairstyle to go with my new weight....so I asked for an in-between length to see how I might like it. I do! I'm already thinking that I want to get a shorter style next cut.

My other big change for a week now is I switched from being a non-weigh daily weigher to a daily weigher. It is going well as I haven't gone crazy yet! First, I got a more reliable scale (and it says I'm at 133....wahoo). Second, I have the mentality that I need to get used to the daily fluctations as I get ready for maintenance. I have no interest in panicking daily. I like entering my weight into MyFitnessPal because it shows a LONG-TERM pattern...helps keep things in perspective.
You'll have to post a new pic of your hair! I've been trying to grow my hair out forever and it finally seems like it's making progress, but I'm really tempted to go for a short pixie cut once I hit goal. My bf doesn't like short hair though. Maybe I should tell him if he doesn't pick up his clothes, I'll cut my hair, haha.

I also started logging my daily WI a couple weeks ago to get an understanding of how my weight fluctuates weekly. I did daily WIs before but didn't write it down. Writing it down is really acknowledging it. I've found I usually have my woosh for the week on Wednesday (the day after my official WI). I then go back up a bit, then down bit and then back up to that Wednesday number, so my line for the week looks like the path of a bouncing ball. It's interesting how the pattern sticks week to week. Bodies are weird.

My scale is showing 176.2 right now. If I stick to that for tomorrow that's a 3.6 pound loss after two weeks of ~1 pound losses! Gonna be drinking tons of water today. Hope it sticks (or goes down)!
Old 08-18-2014, 09:43 AM   #12  
Evemomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondamarie View Post
I am really worried about Labor Day. I always have a family gathering that day. I don't feel strong enough to give up the desserts. I'm really thinking about having something I don't like, or maybe when dessert is served I'll go outside and not be around for the temptation. I've lost 10 lbs since July 15. I don't lose weight fast put I have lost some inches and I feel SO much better. It's really a shame that I am thinking for cancelling it this year.
You can do it!!!!! Think of this as a great way to flex your 'resistance muscle'. There are ALWAYS going to be temptations, on IP or in maintenance. The more you can learn how to manage them, the less scared you will be!

I have thrown two birthday parties for my kids while on IP....and had my own birthday. I only baked a cake once for these, the rest I store bought, and I NEVER made my own buttercream icing as that is WAY too big of a temptation for me! For my son's birthday last week, we did an ice cream cake - that was easy for me to resist because I really don't like ice cream all that much.

I think the strategy of choosing a dessert that you don't love is a good one. I also try to plan my restricted VERY strategically so that I am eating my own treat right alongside everyone else. From what I heard, the ice cream cake wasn't all that good. I think my IP lemon wafers were better!

Plan a lot of IP compliant food that you can eat easily....grilled meat, lots of fresh veggies, ice water bottles. At my daughter's birthday, I was thanked by a lot of the moms for having such healthy choices not only for the parents but also for the kiddos.

Don't stress.....you can do this!
Old 08-18-2014, 09:45 AM   #13  

Quote:
We can't put life on hold when we're dieting. Much better is to learn to live with what we CAN have. It will help us immensely in maintenace.
Put someone else in charge of dessert & plan something OP for yourself (chocolate mug cake is a great go-to for me!)

As far as anything else for a cookout, I love the faux potato salad (made with cauliflower instead of potatoes) and slaw. Meat is the easy part.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:50 AM   #14  
Evemomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
You'll have to post a new pic of your hair! I've been trying to grow my hair out forever and it finally seems like it's making progress, but I'm really tempted to go for a short pixie cut once I hit goal. My bf doesn't like short hair though. Maybe I should tell him if he doesn't pick up his clothes, I'll cut my hair, haha.

I also started logging my daily WI a couple weeks ago to get an understanding of how my weight fluctuates weekly. I did daily WIs before but didn't write it down. Writing it down is really acknowledging it. I've found I usually have my woosh for the week on Wednesday (the day after my official WI). I then go back up a bit, then down bit and then back up to that Wednesday number, so my line for the week looks like the path of a bouncing ball. It's interesting how the pattern sticks week to week. Bodies are weird.

My scale is showing 176.2 right now. If I stick to that for tomorrow that's a 3.6 pound loss after two weeks of ~1 pound losses! Gonna be drinking tons of water today. Hope it sticks (or goes down)!

I will try to get a pic! Yes, it's good for me to see the up and down lines of weighing so that I understand weight is in constant flux. With that being said, my over-analyzing mind starts struggling with how do we REALLY know what our weight is? But, especially in maintenance, I will be looking for TRENDS. Anyhoo....

GL at your weigh-in! Sending you lots of 'whoosh' dust. I had about 1.5 lb/week losses the last month or so before making goal. Seemed to take FOREVER to get those last few off. But I never stalled, so I am thankful for that!

Soon, you are going to be on P2 trying to stomach all this protein just like me!
Old 08-18-2014, 10:42 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Have you looked up any recipes yet? There are some super-easy ones you can make with (for example) the chocolate or other pudding packets. I baked up "brownies" a couple of weeks ago. (I think it was from here, search one-bite brownie) That might help you feel not so deprived.

I also love Lisa's suggestion of asking someone else to make dessert this year, less stress on you!
Closed Thread