Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 06:36 AM   #1  

Arrow IP weekend Chat Sat 8/16 - Sun 8/17/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-16-2014, 06:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Saturday Morning Everyone....

I am off an flying today.. will harvest all my willpower to get thru this vacation... 1/2 my suitcase is IP RTD Vanilla drink and packets to bring into the parks with me for my snacks. I can do this!

I am so thankful for my supportive husband and son, without them I would most certainly would fail. He even offered to take another suitcase so that we can get all my food in...Mind you that would be an additional $50 because they get you coming and going on luggage charges. He is so sweet, but I think we have figured out how to get all my IP stuff there and everything else is split between golf bags and carry ons....

Yesterday in the daily thread someone posted about bad breath, I never have had this...I am sure I am in Ketosis since I am losing 1-3lbs per week and always a 1/2 inch somewhere......hopefully I never get the bad breath
Old 08-16-2014, 08:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 216.6/189.5/165

Height: 5'5

That's fantastic, way to be prepared!

I wish I could bottle up your will power right now. I am on week 5 and I have wicked cravings and I am suddenly starving. The first 4 weeks weren't bad so I don't know what is going on right now, but I could dive head first into anything I should not be eating right now.
Old 08-16-2014, 09:23 AM   #4  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

IP Alternative dieters: Does the EAS (low carb..I forgot the name) chocolate fudge drink taste like the IP (powdered) chocolate drink?

Last edited by nat1015; 08-16-2014 at 09:24 AM.
Old 08-16-2014, 09:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Ruby - think about how hard you're working, and what even a little cheat will do to stall you (go read the thread about the real cost of cheating). That's what kept me from cheating on our trip. If you're starving, drink more water and have some salad or cucumbers to munch on. You CAN do this!!
Old 08-16-2014, 09:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
Ruby - think about how hard you're working, and what even a little cheat will do to stall you (go read the thread about the real cost of cheating). That's what kept me from cheating on our trip. If you're starving, drink more water and have some salad or cucumbers to munch on. You CAN do this!!
I can only add encouragement to this. It can be done and I can attest that going off is NOT WORTH IT! It is so hard to get back on, so whatever the temptation or rationalization is, do not fall for it.

Just returned from a road trip to get our son settled back into his dorm at college. I did not falter and drank all my water although it necessitated quite a few rest stops on the highway. I was trying to make the trip in good time as it was a one day, whole day, excursion so I would rather have driven totally straight through but that is not possible (and probably not safe).

Didn't help that in the last drive of the day before dropping him off, he backs my car into a truck........fortunate there was no junk food nearby because there was a need to stress relief there!
Old 08-16-2014, 10:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Default A Woosh!

Finally a significant number on the scale. 3.6 lost this week. I know that it's all relative but it sure is satisfying to see those numbers go down. I went down on all my measurements too.

I'm in the home stretch now. 18.3 lbs to get to my goal. I can hardly believe it. I need to start readying myself for maintenance by reading all through the Maintainers threads. This is so exciting!
Old 08-16-2014, 10:32 AM   #8  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1015 View Post
IP Alternative dieters: Does the EAS (low carb..I forgot the name) chocolate fudge drink taste like the IP (powdered) chocolate drink?
Nat, I have never had IP powdered drinks - but I can say I like the EAS Carb Advantage in either Fudge or the other chocolate flavor. Strawberry is great too. I know it's not what you asked, but I hope it is helpful. They are a lot better tasting to me than the powdered alternative shake packets I've had.

All,
Hope you are having a great start to a fantastic weekend. It's cooled down here a bit and I think I'll wear jeans for a change. The garden is pumping out zucchini almost acceptable rate. I have one that got a bit too big, so I'm thinking about using the mandolin and making chips out of it. Goodness it's hard to get moving with a sleeping dog at your side and a cup of coffee waiting to be drank. 7:30 AM though, it's time to rock. Lots to do, with so little time. I can say at 50 lbs lighter I move a bit faster than I used to without as much effort. I can't wait for the next 50 to be gone.
Barb
Old 08-16-2014, 10:40 AM   #9  

Hello all
Im new to the 3chix but been doing IP for a couple of months. 14 pounds down...yah.
My doctor has recommended I stay away from the soy products due to hormonal issues but can do Ip if I use the others.
Does anyone know which IP drinks have no soy. ( I don't have a coach... a friend picks the product up for me)
thanks, Cody
Old 08-16-2014, 10:43 AM   #10  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby11 View Post
I wish I could bottle up your will power right now. I am on week 5 and I have wicked cravings and I am suddenly starving. The first 4 weeks weren't bad so I don't know what is going on right now, but I could dive head first into anything I should not be eating right now.
Hi Ruby, I'm just finishing up my 5th week and I can say it has been my toughest one so far, even harder than week 1. I feel hungrier, weaker and more fatigued. I have read that about this time on IP there can be a rough few days. Hopefully this will pass in a day or so, I want to feel good again and not look at a box of Cheese It's with thoughts of diving head first into them!!!
Old 08-16-2014, 11:20 AM   #11  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Nat, I have never had IP powdered drinks - but I can say I like the EAS Carb Advantage in either Fudge or the other chocolate flavor. Strawberry is great too. I know it's not what you asked, but I hope it is helpful. They are a lot better tasting to me than the powdered alternative shake packets I've had.

All,
Hope you are having a great start to a fantastic weekend. It's cooled down here a bit and I think I'll wear jeans for a change. The garden is pumping out zucchini almost acceptable rate. I have one that got a bit too big, so I'm thinking about using the mandolin and making chips out of it. Goodness it's hard to get moving with a sleeping dog at your side and a cup of coffee waiting to be drank. 7:30 AM though, it's time to rock. Lots to do, with so little time. I can say at 50 lbs lighter I move a bit faster than I used to without as much effort. I can't wait for the next 50 to be gone.
Barb
Thanks! I'll give the fudge a try!
Old 08-16-2014, 11:24 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 198/147/145

Height: 5'8.5"

Great job catlady1981!

Welcome codyl111 I am new here too and am unsure about the soy products. However, you are in a great place because the knowledge of the ladies here is amazing! Good luck and keep up the good work.

sgrealtor1 you are an inspiration, I am still trying to figure how to eat at a restaurant.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 08-16-2014, 11:33 AM   #13  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Catlady:
Quote:
Finally a significant number on the scale. 3.6 lost this week. I know that it's all relative but it sure is satisfying to see those numbers go down. I went down on all my measurements too.

I'm in the home stretch now. 18.3 lbs to get to my goal. I can hardly believe it. I need to start readying myself for maintenance by reading all through the Maintainers threads. This is so exciting!
Congrats!!! Do you think you did anything different in the past week or was the whoosh just building it's own momentum until it was ready to hit?

Ruby11:
Quote:

Some of us are reading The Beck Solution and one of the first steps it recommends is to write a list of reasons why you want to lose weight -- I started a thread "When I lose weight I will..." and several of us have posted our reasons. Check it out.

It is a really good idea to revisit your list and re-assess how important each reason still is -- this can be a great way to stoke your will power reserves so you can face those cravings. I find it useful to read the lists of others too -- we all have a very real experience associated with the extra weight we carry - I find that others' experiences and mine have much in common -- and, we all have the ability to change that experience by making sound choices. What's more important? Chowing down on that Dairy Queen ice cream treat I have always loved, or being able to walk into a room without noticing immediately that I am the biggest one there? That craving thing is a mental force that can lead to self sabotage -- I have lost weight many times, but his time, I am working on losing the urge to sabotage myself just as much as I am working on losing the pounds.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:16 PM   #14  

sgrealtor1: Way to go! Being 100% on vacation is hard, so it's awesome that you are prepared!

Nat: I drink the EAS AdvatEDGE carb control shakes. I really like them (especailly the chocolate fudge) and drink them everyday but unfortunately I have never tried IP shakes. Sorry!

Catlady: Congrats! on being so close to goal! I can only imagine how excited you must be! Yes prepare for maintenance now so you'll be ready!!

Barb: That does sound like a wonderful and relaxing morning. It's still hot here in Louisiana. I cannot wait for fall!!! I love that crisp coolness in the air! Makes me feel good! and it's the start of football season! Can't wait for September!!

Welcome Cody! Congrats! on your 14 lbs!!!

tuscany, how I feel your pain! Cheese, oh I miss cheese. Lol

Oneuh2 That is a great out look, I really need to get that book. I hear great things about it!

Last edited by WhoDat730; 08-16-2014 at 12:17 PM.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:58 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Catlady:

Congrats!!! Do you think you did anything different in the past week or was the whoosh just building it's own momentum until it was ready to hit?

oneuh2: I must admit I did do something different. Back when I had a coach and my losses slowed to 1lb or less a week he suggested that I cut out restricted completly. We tried that and it didn't work all that well (no significant increase in losses). So I modified it and did restricted every day for 2 weeks. Then last week I did them Mon/Wed/Fri. I made sure that I had higher fat animal protein at least 3 times during the week (i.e. salmon(1x), and 85% lean grass fed ground beef (2x) to make sure that the fat levels were a bit up there. I have seen on the boards that staying with the really lean meat choices all the time can slow losses. The body needs a certain level of fats. Dip too low and the body holds on for dear life. I will try this again and see if it works. Or it just could have been my body saying it's time to let this go. Either way, I'm super happy about it.

This loss puts me at 25 weeks at approx. 1.7 lbs per week.

BTW: I see that others here are having trouble with their TF ticker. I was able to update mine today with no problem.

Last edited by catlady1981; 08-16-2014 at 12:59 PM.
Closed Thread