Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 12:39 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 217/182/165

Height: 5"4'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aydubs View Post
So I have been in maintenance over the summer....then went on vacation for a few weeks and threw caution to the wind...ugh! I gained back 6 lbs of the 40 I lost. I went to the intro meeting at our local IP store just to get me back into the swing of it. Today is my first day of Phase 1 (round 2). I ordered the ketone sticks today also. I find that I like to know when I am producing ketones. I am really looking forward to that feeling of fat burning! But I am not looking forward to these next few days. It seems to take me a really long time to get into that phase....about a week. Most seem to get there in 3 days. Oh well...I am going to stay strong...I hope!
Aydubs- you will get that 6 pounds off and more in no time!

Last edited by Mad4Lean; 08-14-2014 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:40 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 217/182/165

Height: 5"4'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
WI day for me....last before my vacation! Fingers crossed I meet my mini goal of 25 down. That was what I wanted to do by end of the summer....if I get there before vacation even better.... Will be time to set a new mini goal.
Good luck!
Old 08-14-2014, 12:46 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Well it's been one heck of a morning in my neck of the woods- awoke to the sound of someone banging on my door at 5am (well DH woke up I didn't hear it!) by the time he got to the door no one was there then he saw my neighbors car speeding off. He woke me up when he turned on the bedroom light, so when he told me that I was like ok- and was getting back in bed and he started yelling for me to come outside- there was smoke coming from the neighbors condo. It was on fire! I called 911 and started panicking because her condo is adjoined to ours. What a fiasco. The poor neighbor (26 year old girl who lives alone) was preheating her oven and she sat on the couch and dozed off, her dog woke her up and her condo was filled with smoke. She banged on a few doors and no one was answering so she got in her car and drove to the police station. She didn't have her phone to call 911.

Thank the good Lord that her dog woke her up!!! She's one lucky girl, she could have died.

So today I am sitting here in 100 degree heat with my windows open hoping the smell of smoke will leave my house.

There wasn't any smoke in here, but it smells. The fire dept put their big fan in the door for a few mins but not long enough.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:50 PM   #19  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Well it's been one heck of a morning in my neck of the woods- awoke to the sound of someone banging on my door at 5am (well DH woke up I didn't hear it!) by the time he got to the door no one was there then he saw my neighbors car speeding off. He woke me up when he turned on the bedroom light, so when he told me that I was like ok- and was getting back in bed and he started yelling for me to come outside- there was smoke coming from the neighbors condo. It was on fire! I called 911 and started panicking because her condo is adjoined to ours. What a fiasco. The poor neighbor (26 year old girl who lives alone) was preheating her oven and she sat on the couch and dozed off, her dog woke her up and her condo was filled with smoke. She banged on a few doors and no one was answering so she got in her car and drove to the police station. She didn't have her phone to call 911.

Thank the good Lord that her dog woke her up!!! She's one lucky girl, she could have died.

So today I am sitting here in 100 degree heat with my windows open hoping the smell of smoke will leave my house.

There wasn't any smoke in here, but it smells. The fire dept put their big fan in the door for a few mins but not long enough.
Oh my goodness!!!!! I'm so glad that no one was hurt! Try to stay cool today. We had a summer two years ago where we hit 108F at least 4 times (so 95F started to feel "cool", lol!). This year, we have been in the low or mid-80's, and it is the WEIRDEST thing to be so nice. I am really feeling for all of you who are suffering in the heat. Drink lots and lots and lots of water!
Old 08-14-2014, 12:57 PM   #20  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Sarahjoyus....

Haha, I'm a thinker, too! Often, to my own detriment....(picture head banging into wall repeatedly).

Here is my philosophy on IP: I am eating too few calories to have to "suffer" through any of my foods. There are so many options that I really love on this diet, lean meats, delicious veggies, scrumptious IP treats....that I didn't want to waste one single calorie on something that I just absolutely hated.

To start with, I choked down the IP "starter" packets I got until I learned what I preferred. But, there were a few times I actually started eating something and then made something new because it just wasn't very good (for random reasons....old veggies, overcooked meat...).

I TOTALLY get the idea of building up the "restisting" muscle, but I also want to learn to eat delicious and healthy food for life! Making my food taste delicious helps me be excited to stay on Maintenance and not think of IP as ending at P3!
Old 08-14-2014, 01:45 PM   #21  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

I agree with having choices. I bring my lunch and am stuck with my salad and veggie choices but I always have about 4 different packs with me so I can go by what I feel like or what I have time for.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:50 PM   #22  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Down a pant size today! 12 pounds to go! Hoping I can drop one more size. Will that happen in 10 lbs? I'm not sure. Might have to lower the goal! Size 14 makes me still too close to the plus size store!

For someone who avoided looking in mirrors for years without really knowing it, I sure do spend a lot of time admiring my new body now!
Old 08-14-2014, 02:15 PM   #23  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Down a pant size today! 12 pounds to go! Hoping I can drop one more size. Will that happen in 10 lbs? I'm not sure. Might have to lower the goal! Size 14 makes me still too close to the plus size store!

For someone who avoided looking in mirrors for years without really knowing it, I sure do spend a lot of time admiring my new body now!
Yeah you!

And another size could very well happen in 10 pounds - as I got really close to goal my losses slowed very slightly but I went zooming through pant sizes. Went from a 10 to a 4 in about 6 weeks (I think I totally skipped 8s). It was rather amazing.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:16 PM   #24  
IP Start Date 07/11/14

S/C/G: 199/161.0/140

Height: 5'2" (almost)

Quote:
As well you should I'm looking forward to the day I fall in love with my mirror again

Way to go
Old 08-14-2014, 02:18 PM   #25  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
So happy made my goal! Another 1.5 this week.....great way to head off to vacation.....
Excellent, 1.4 for me this week. My coach started to go down the path of "don't get discouraged." and I had to stop him cause I'm not! I know there are big weeks and slow weeks. I have a long term view on.

So much good momentum going on in the group - hooray us!
Old 08-14-2014, 02:44 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 258/165/143

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

WOOT, WOOT!! ChipnDip. I can't wait to begin liking what I see in the mirror again!

Last edited by Ariel13; 08-14-2014 at 02:48 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:56 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 258/165/143

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Yeah you!

And another size could very well happen in 10 pounds - as I got really close to goal my losses slowed very slightly but I went zooming through pant sizes. Went from a 10 to a 4 in about 6 weeks (I think I totally skipped 8s). It was rather amazing.
Wow! Very impressive Ruth, so, did you do something different during those 6 weeks that caused you to zoom through pant sizes like that?
Where you always 100% OP? I've read in the threads ( there's a lot of great information) and I've noticed that those who stayed 100% OP No Cheating, reached their goal way, way faster.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:08 PM   #28  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel13 View Post
Wow! Very impressive Ruth, so, did you do something different during those 6 weeks that caused you to zoom through pant sizes like that?
Where you always 100% OP? I've read in the threads ( there's a lot of great information) and I've noticed that those who stayed 100% OP No Cheating, reached their goal way, way faster.
Thanks Ariel! I didn't do anything different, it just happened - it's weird the way our bodies decide to let go of things, isn't it?

And yes, I was 100% OP for the entire year I was on P1. I lost 120 lbs in that year and the remaining 5 while phasing off and starting maintenance. In my opinion, 100% is the only way to go!
Old 08-14-2014, 04:16 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Am I the only goofball that does this? When I make IP pudding in my shaker bottle, I lick off every last bit from the blender ball and the top (thank goodness no one has come in my office while I'm doing that). Then when I've scraped out every bit I can from the bottle, I add water and shake it up to get the last drops. Crazy I know, but I want all that chocolatey goodness. So far the Alternative puddings don't measure up to IP in consistency or taste, but there are lots of other good snacky type things I like just as well.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:09 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Yeah you!

Boy, I sure hope that happens to me - I am going to make you my mental good luck charm. That and my gorgeous NON mother-of-the-groom dress should help me through the tough times!

The dress hangs just outside the kitchen in its plastic bag so that I see if when I walk into the food trap! If I can pull going from a 12 to an 8 in 10 weeks, I will be a happy camper.

Truth, if I can just get back to being 100% OP, I will be happy. I have 3 dresses...a 12, a 10 and an 8 but the one I really love is the 10 (really an 8 because this designer cuts narrow). I can zip it up, but I would like to be able to sit down!
Closed Thread