3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat Wednesday 8/13/2014

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 04:22 PM   #46
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/164.6/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Still waiting for my Beck diet solution to be delivered. It could be in the mailbox but we avoid checking due to fear of bills
Haha! This reminded me, I meant to post this morning...

I finally got the Beck Diet Solution (red book, not the green book) from my library and have been reading through one task each day. I'm curious if others who started reading it AFTER starting IP just read ahead or if you did it one step at a time like she recommends?

Also, step 2 is to pick a second diet as your back up. What did you think of that since you (presumably) had already found success with IP? I just thought about the phase 2 as my "second diet" as moving to that would be my back up in case of a stall. I know there are other options other than IP, but at this point spending time on that step seemed silly to me. Just wondering what others thought.

Mini Goal 1: Reach onederland by beach vacation, June 20 Met Goal: June 3
Mini Goal 2: 180s by birthday July 10. Met Goal: July 8 at 188.8 lbs
Mini Goal 3: Down 50 pounds total by Labor Day Met Goal: August 26 at 174.6
Mini Goal 3: Goal by vacation Oct. 16 Met Goal: Oct. 14
Old 08-13-2014, 04:28 PM   #47
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/187/160

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Alright.....had my two-week weigh-in today (haven't peeked at a scale since last weigh-in) and I made my GOAL! Picture the soccer announcer:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!!!!!!!

Phew, just made it with the skin of my teeth. I weighed 170.4 at the start of IP and was 135.4 today at weigh-in. Exactly 35 lbs off....woot, woot! So, it took me almost exactly 4 months to get this weight off. Now, to learning how to KEEP it off!

So, today is my first day of P2. After my early AM weigh-in, I started my day with 4 oz of scrambled eggs as I have a HARD time with eating a full 8 oz of protein in one sitting. I do think I will miss my extra IP/alt foods, but I know I can hold on for two weeks of P2 and THEN I really get to jazz things up in P3.

I have the rest of the week with extended family here....so I'm happy that I was still able to meet goal. My son's birthday is on Friday, but I have no intention of eating any cake. I want to phase back carbs properly....no reason to set myself back for a little cake!
Congrats-what a great victory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
Today is my birthday, and a few people at work (from another department) got me a cake...it is currently sitting where I cannot see it, waiting to go home with another coworker! It's my favorite (chocolate cake with peanut butter icing), and even though it's my birthday, I don't want to use that as an "excuse" or "free pass" to eat off plan, you know? It's ONE day, and the cake will be here next year when I am in maintenance. I am choosing instead to focus on the ginormous basket of flowers delivered to me at work by my husband and 2 boys (ages 9 and 6)! I WILL get through the day and stay OP! Best birthday gift I could give myself!
Happy birthday! That was very nice of your husband and boys to send flowers. You are right, your health is the best gift you can give yourself.

Old 08-13-2014, 05:03 PM   #48
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/152.6/150

Height: 5'4"

thanks for the love ladies, I appreciate it.

Regarding alternative birthday cake choices, I did the chocolate cake in a mug for my husband and I in May for my birthday. Everyone else had either cake or cheesecake I made and we opted for our mug cakes that were on plan. They were delish and neither one of us felt deprived and were happy to NOT eat the cake. Nothing like beating yourself after the fact.

"What gets you to the next level is truly believing you deserve to be where you are". Alex Morgan
Old 08-13-2014, 05:32 PM   #49

S/C/G: 281/236.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Evemomma- congrats! Awesome achievement!

Stopped at gnc today and got some quest bars to pack for my trip. So far have only tried the strawberry cheesecake one but I liked it. Bought a bunch of them so I can try flavors.

Sue

Burning the pounds away...1 for every 5 Lost..

You get what you work for not what you wish for.

Mini Goals:
25 gone by September 1 - hit it! 8/14/14
50 gone by Christmas
Old 08-13-2014, 05:55 PM   #50
started IP 06/2/2014

S/C/G: 295/ticker/180

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Default fell off BIG time

Hey all,

Went on vacation last week and fell off the wagon. BIG TIME. Had planned on stay 100% OP and failed miserably.

Now I am completely terrified to step on the scale to see the damage and having a hard time getting back into the groove.

Feeling really upset with myself.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:18 PM   #51
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/152.6/150

eh...lala..seriously...don't beat yourself up. Get back on the wagon and revisit your eating plan for vacations in the future do you prevent it from happening.
I think so many times we beat ourselves up to the point of us thinking so many negative thoughts and we feel like we won't ever succeed.

Jump on that scale with your head up high and just move forward.

"What gets you to the next level is truly believing you deserve to be where you are". Alex Morgan
Old 08-13-2014, 06:43 PM   #52
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post

I finally got the Beck Diet Solution (red book, not the green book) from my library and have been reading through one task each day. I'm curious if others who started reading it AFTER starting IP just read ahead or if you did it one step at a time like she recommends?

Also, step 2 is to pick a second diet as your back up. What did you think of that since you (presumably) had already found success with IP? I just thought about the phase 2 as my "second diet" as moving to that would be my back up in case of a stall. I know there are other options other than IP, but at this point spending time on that step seemed silly to me. Just wondering what others thought.
I worked through each exercise. They build on each other.
My 2nd diet is IPs maintenance plan. Since I was already experiencing success, I know this diet worked for me.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:21 PM   #53

S/C/G: 209/Ticker/145

Default Congratulations Evemomma!!

You look great and must feel so proud of yourself!
Old 08-13-2014, 07:24 PM   #54

S/C/G: 209/Ticker/145

Default Plateau since last week?? Questions...

So I have been hovering between 181 and 182 since last Monday - I cannot seem to budge below 181. I have not really changed anything and I feel very tired these days - as in dragging and need a nap tired.

Any thoughts or been through something similar? I am in week 12 of alternative IP.

Thanks!
Old 08-13-2014, 08:01 PM   #55
Started IP 5/16/14

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairybell View Post
So I have been hovering between 181 and 182 since last Monday - I cannot seem to budge below 181. I have not really changed anything and I feel very tired these days - as in dragging and need a nap tired.

Any thoughts or been through something similar? I am in week 12 of alternative IP.

Thanks!
I was "stuck" at weeks ?? I don't remember lol but I had two weeks of slow losses, I didn't think I'd ever get out of the 230s, but then I had two good weeks. I really believe our bodies just need time to adjust. Well that and I changed things up a bit...I was having BBQ crisps and a wafer on most days, but for the past two weeks I've been treating the BBQ crisps like a restricted bad that seems to have helped- unless it's just a coincidence? I think I'm just carb sensitive. Keep on trucking!!!!!

Weekly WI's 1:-11, 2:skipped, 3:-5.6, 4:-4.5, 5:-2.5,
6:-2, 7:-2.5, 8:-5, 9:-1 TOM, 10:-1, 11:-6, 12: -4, 13: -1, 14:-1, 15:-1, 16:-4, 17:-2, 18:skipped, 19:-4, 20: -3, 21:-1, 22:-3,
Old 08-13-2014, 08:08 PM   #56
Started IP on Jun 28,2014

S/C/G: 199.8/see ticker/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Alright.....had my two-week weigh-in today (haven't peeked at a scale since last weigh-in) and I made my GOAL! Picture the soccer announcer:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!!!!!!!

Phew, just made it with the skin of my teeth. I weighed 170.4 at the start of IP and was 135.4 today at weigh-in. Exactly 35 lbs off....woot, woot! So, it took me almost exactly 4 months to get this weight off. Now, to learning how to KEEP it off!

So, today is my first day of P2. After my early AM weigh-in, I started my day with 4 oz of scrambled eggs as I have a HARD time with eating a full 8 oz of protein in one sitting. I do think I will miss my extra IP/alt foods, but I know I can hold on for two weeks of P2 and THEN I really get to jazz things up in P3.

I have the rest of the week with extended family here....so I'm happy that I was still able to meet goal. My son's birthday is on Friday, but I have no intention of eating any cake. I want to phase back carbs properly....no reason to set myself back for a little cake!
CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! It must be the besttttt feeling everrr! Celebrate and enjoy! xoxo

One for each 5lbs lost

Weekly Weigh In:

W1: -5.6 W2: -2.4
W3: ZERO (CHEATING PUNISHMENT) W4: -6.4
W5: -1.4 W6: -0.8
Old 08-13-2014, 08:11 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewme42 View Post
I'm new to the plan(started today8-13-14) and new to the group. How do i add the little ticker thingy that everyone has to track their weight? I really hope i get answer and know where to find it..lol
welcome! that was one of my first questions lol. well, you will have to wait for twenty days and have to have made atleast 20 posts and then in your user cp you will see a new line that says edit signature. that is where you will be able to add the ticker. until then you will have to wait

One for each 5lbs lost

Weekly Weigh In:

Old 08-13-2014, 08:14 PM   #58

[quote=MarylandMom;5055466]Today is my birthday, and a few people at work (from another department) got me a cake...it is currently sitting where I cannot see it, waiting to go home with another coworker! It's my favorite (chocolate cake with peanut butter icing), and even though it's my birthday, I don't want to use that as an "excuse" or "free pass" to eat off plan, you know? It's ONE day, and the cake will be here next year when I am in maintenance. I am choosing instead to focus on the ginormous basket of flowers delivered to me at work by my husband and 2 boys (ages 9 and 6)! I WILL get through the day and stay OP! Best birthday gift I could give myself![quote]

Happy Birthday!!!!

One for each 5lbs lost

Weekly Weigh In:

Old 08-13-2014, 08:21 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsdeere View Post
Jemma:
I wish you the best regarding the food. You don't need to try it, just keep telling yourself that.
I too cannot change my ticker in fact when I try, even if I start the process it wants me to create a TTC ticker (Trying to Conceive). LOL

I might check out another ticker site so I can update my weight. I'm finally in the 150's!! Less than 10lbs to reach my goal! Wahoo!

Omamma:
I'm going to order some white cheddar crisps, some of the proti-thin carmel delight bars, peanut strawberry bars by Proti-diet. I wish the Proti-Thin fusilla past was available, I would buy that as well.
Don't forget in addition to the free shipping, use the promo code AUG5OFF to save $5.00 off your order, limit one per customer.
congratulations!!!! almost there

One for each 5lbs lost

Weekly Weigh In:

Old 08-14-2014, 12:28 AM   #60

S/C/G: 228/198/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
I'm curious if others who started reading it AFTER starting IP just read ahead or if you did it one step at a time like she recommends?

pishposh, I got the Beck book a couple days ago (started IP 10 days back) and have been working through it one step at a time...mostly As you know, the first 14 days are designed as "prep" time, so far I've condensed one that I felt I had well in hand (eating sitting down) but by and large there seems to be a lot of value in taking the day to practice the skill (today was giving yourself credit for 'helpful food behaviors' for me). I definitely intend to take it one day at a time starting with Day 15.

As for the 2nd diet, she writes about the 2nd diet being a "backup plan" "in case the first choice doesn't work out." Even though IP is working for me, this felt like a good idea. In the past, I have given up, panicked or rebelled (all resulting in lost progress at best) in response to complications or monkey wrenches thrown into the eating plan I was trying to follow at the time. I plan to use IP P1 all the way to goal, but if something should happen, I want to be prepared with something other than a "screw-it binge"

Mostly the contingency I'm trying to take into account is my body not responding well to ketosis--Lisa has been so gracious sharing her experience with this (thank you!) So my "2nd diet" is basically a low-carb (but not enough to be in ketosis) maintenance plan. I also have a kind of 1-B plan...for how I'll do alternatives if/when using IP products/clinics becomes cost prohibitive.

Not sure if that's helpful, but I feel like having that "safety net" is good for me. If things head south, I know I am not going back to square one, to old eating habits/patterns...
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.