Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 06:20 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Friday 8/8/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-08-2014, 06:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Morning Everyone... TGIF to most! Not me I work weekends

Feeling good this AM. Yesterday I needed to empty my 1/2 my walk in closet so that the AC people had access to the attic to add an AC vent (son's room not getting enough cool air)...Anyway I found a ton of clothes in the next size down and some of them fit perfectly! I am so excited to have these "new" pieces that fit. Today I have on a nice black skirt that I found with a smaller size black and white top.....Yeah Me!
Old 08-08-2014, 06:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Oh and I forgot to mention the large bag of clothes that are heading over to good will this morning too...Someone can be happy in my larger cast offs LOL
Old 08-08-2014, 07:57 AM   #4  

Sgrealtor1, isn't "closet shopping" the best?!? Yay for finding things that fit, and for sending a bunch off to help someone else!
Old 08-08-2014, 08:22 AM   #5  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Well, my contingency plan didn't quite work out yesterday when I forgot my food. Had half a roasted chicken and green beans for lunch from a local farmers market which had me STUFFED all day, so I never felt hungry. But I forgot I had a meeting after work from 6 - 7:30 and then I went to visit my mom in the hospital who is recovering from surgery, so I didn't get home until 10. Had a bag of crisps, and then fell asleep before I could get my third packet in. Today I feel really swollen everywhere, probably dehydrated, and also showing up 2 pounds on the scale from yesterday. Working from home today so little chance of screwing up. Back to it 100%. Going to stash those emergency packets in my car now...

Last edited by pishposhappelsauce; 08-08-2014 at 08:23 AM.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:14 AM   #6  
IP Start 8/5/2014

S/C/G: 210/208/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Gtb

Lisa - I live very close to GTB where you visited... such a beautiful area

Pishposh - that is the first thing I did after starting IP on Tuesday... stashed packets in the car, at my desk and in my laptop case. It feels so good to be ready, willing and able to follow this program to a T.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:36 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/182/165

Height: 5"4'

Pishposh, I think you did well in the circumstances!

Sgrealtor1, isn't it wonderful! I found a pair of jeans and another pair of pants in my mothers old chest! I was so excited!
Old 08-08-2014, 09:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 217/182/165

Height: 5"4'

My WI was today. I weighed the same BUT I lost 2 inches and 1 whole percent of fat! I am going for 4 lbs next week!
Old 08-08-2014, 09:59 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 217.4/150/130

Height: 5'2"

I keep a tupperware container at my work desk. Every Monday after wi I fill'er up. I used to fear of someone getting into it but I keep it pretty well hidden and it also sits behind my trash can. Now, who is going to move trash?! I think no one lol.

I also carry a bag daily that has all my vitamins etc in it. I grab a few IP packets out of the container and stash in my bag. That way no matter where I should be I have stuff with me.

Fridays, like today, I already grabbed my weekend stash to put in the bag along with a few extras in case I don't feel like eating exactly what I put in there..I have a little variety.

Looking forward to fall coming. Decided to wait on soups till then. So it will be like having something new. I did. however, try the chicken noodle soup already. Not tooooo bad. Heard the chicken a la king is da bomb...so can't wait to try it.

I want to thank everyone again for this IP site. It's so inspiring. I may not find time every day to read everything but I try to go back and browse when I can.

Does anyone need size 20 dress pants? dress barn. Black, blue and brown. I have just a few. My days I feel bloated I do however grab them back from the pile. But yesterday as I was wearing them I discovered I need to stop. I spent more time holding them up when I walked. So, I really just need to get rid of them. Free! I want to help those here. I also have a stash of shirts 2x some 3x (styles more like 2x). I'm just dipping into 1x; size 18/some 16s depends on styles. If, I just could get rid of my big ol booty quicker things would fit better LOL LOL. My butt holds most things up that are falling from the waist!
Old 08-08-2014, 10:03 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Down 4 more lbs! Almost at 45 and almost under 220!

Last night we had our annual corporate meeting at a Chinese restaurant. I ordered spicy chicken with the sauce on the side. Well they put the sauce on the chicken and then a fly landed on top of it and got stuck. (BARF) I wasn't going to say anything, at that point I was too grossed out to eat anyway. But my coworker told the waiter and they took it back and brought me one with the sauce on the side. It was the most unappetizing thing...looked like boiled chicken. Needless to say I didn't eat. I just drank my water. When the meeting was over a few of the women from our corporate office that I have seen since beginning IP came up to me and told me that I looked like I've lost a lot of weight. That was nice!!!

I had a bag of crisps in my car so I ate that on the way home and called it a day. It was 10PM by the time I got home and too late to eat my veggies. All in all it was a good day.

I've been reading my Beck Diet Solution book...it's deep. I like it. Well HAPPY FRIDAY Ladies!!
Old 08-08-2014, 10:06 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhinds View Post
Does anyone need size 20 dress pants? dress barn. Black, blue and brown. I have just a few. My days I feel bloated I do however grab them back from the pile. But yesterday as I was wearing them I discovered I need to stop. I spent more time holding them up when I walked. So, I really just need to get rid of them. Free! I want to help those here. I also have a stash of shirts 2x some 3x (styles more like 2x). I'm just dipping into 1x; size 18/some 16s depends on styles. If, I just could get rid of my big ol booty quicker things would fit better LOL LOL. My butt holds most things up that are falling from the waist!
I think that's an excellent idea to share clothes with each other on here!
Old 08-08-2014, 10:12 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 217.4/150/130

Height: 5'2"

Great job on the loss Kelly! Yes, I want to help those here. Recently bought a couple pairs of dress pants at goodwill and the racks were so full I could barely move the hangers around to look at sizes. So they are not hurting by any means on clothes. So again I thought, why not help people here and we are already spending a fortune each week that it's hard to come up with a shopping budget. Well for me anyway ha.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:25 AM   #13  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Woke up this morning and TOM was here. Went to my WI and am down 0.4 lbs. I will take it! I bet my 'real' loss for this week will show up with next week's after TOM is gone.

It's the slowest loss week that I've had since starting IP and I'm okay with that since it's the only WI that I've had on the very first day of TOM. My coach said that a couple days before and the day of TOM she is up around 4 lbs due to fluid retention.

I'm still really hoping to get down 7.8 lbs by September 1st (putting me at 160). I feel like it can be done on IP, but I will really be cutting it close if I do hit that mini-goal.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Last edited by kissi; 08-08-2014 at 10:33 AM.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:27 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 189/162.5/168

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhinds View Post
I keep a tupperware container at my work desk. Every Monday after wi I fill'er up. I used to fear of someone getting into it but I keep it pretty well hidden and it also sits behind my trash can. Now, who is going to move trash?! I think no one lol.

I also carry a bag daily that has all my vitamins etc in it. I grab a few IP packets out of the container and stash in my bag. That way no matter where I should be I have stuff with me.
Great idea!
I mainly use shakes but could just add more ice if I keep them at my desk instead of putting them in the fridge at work.

I have forgotten my vitamins a few days - so I am going to stash some in my purse!
Old 08-08-2014, 12:12 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 169.5/169.5/149

Height: 5'8"

Default Looking for Newbies that started IP in July/August 2014

1st week and feeling overwhelmed about food choices. Would appreciate any help I can get!
Closed Thread