Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 05:09 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Wednesday 8/6/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-06-2014, 08:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/147/145

Height: 5'8.5"

Okay, here I go, today is my first day in IP. I am very excited to make this change and have been so inspired by the successes of the ladies on this forum.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 216.6/189.5/165

Height: 5'5

Hi, I had my 3rd weigh in and had a very good week. I am down 20 pounds since I started the program July 15th. I know it is a fast loss and a lot of it is water but I would like to know if others found their size shrunk immediately or was there a delay from the weight loss? I don't feel like I have lost 20 pounds yet. I know it will come and am beyond thrilled this is working for me.
I have struggled with the packets as I don't love them because I like food not pudding or shakes and look so forward to my evening meal. The results will keep my going though and I read the what are you eating today to get some new ideas.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:12 AM   #4  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Welcome, Iron Woman! Glad you're joining us! And Ruby, 20 pounds in three weeks is amazing, keep it up! You will probably find your tastes will change the longer you're on IP. I hated the pudding in the beginning but now I'd eat it every day if I could, but I try not to let myself have my favorite IP sweets too much. Gotta exercise that self control muscle.

I feel like I am entering a new phase of IP...call it Phase 1.5, prepping for phase off and maintenance. Before, I was relying on the ease of IP and not having to think about anything but following the sheet. Now I need to get ready for the much more involved process of maintaining and the diligence that's required to do so successfully.

Inspired by the Beck book, I took some extra time this morning and sat down with a cup of coffee and enjoyed my IP wafers for breakfast rather than eating in my car/at my desk at work. I also read her section on daily weighing. I already weigh daily just to give myself a mental marker of how I'm doing day to day, but I've always been afraid to write it down, because writing it down would be acknowledging those daily fluctuations. Now that I'm in my last 15 pounds I've resolved to start logging my daily WI in my fitness pal to get over that fear of fluctuations and to practice for maintenance (I'll still keep my ticker the same until official weekly WIs with my coach). And of course, my body just couldn't squeeze out that half a pound yesterday to get me into the 170s for official WI, but this morning I was down a whole 2 pounds from yesterday. Stupid body. *shakes fist* But really am quite happy and excited to start practicing some new things that I had been lax on before.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/136/135 reboot165/151/125

Height: 5'2

Iron Woman Congratulations on starting this plan! I have been on since May 1st and am down 41 pounds! I read this site several times a day to keep me focused and inspired. This plan works I can tell you from years of yo yo dieting not always the easiest plan to keep on but it is simple and the boundaries are clear. Reach out when you are struggling the support group here is wonderful!!
Old 08-06-2014, 10:28 AM   #6  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Ruby -- there is no reason your "lunch" can't look similar to your evening meal. You can split the protein from dinner a bit. So 2 oz of meat could go on your lunch salad, or you could have IP Rotini with some meat balls.... If you need a bigger breakfast, use the IP omelette and add some veggies to it. This doesn't have to be a shake and pudding diet like others you see. There are LOTS of IP foods. If you start playing with the packs, you'll see that your pudding and shake powders can be baked into muffins, made into pancakes etc. Play and have fun with your food! (even tho' momma told you for years not to do that
Old 08-06-2014, 11:02 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi Iron Woman, & Ruby and welcome!
Slip: I so agree with this comment you made yesterday: "When my clinic asked to share my photos, I was reluctant- mainly because of my vanity! Then I remembered how images of successful IP-ers helped to motivate me during my journey. Pass the message on."

I was inspired by acquaintances whose photos I saw on the wall, too. I knew they had lost weight but wasn't close enough or comfortable enough to ask them how, and we all know how cagey we can be if we get asked... wondering if someone seriously wants information or is just looking for a way to tell us we will fail/this diet is bad for you/etc.

Last edited by canadjineh; 08-06-2014 at 12:34 PM.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:03 AM   #8  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome iron woman. I'm at home with a sick kid today-boo. We are watching Snow White for the 100th time ( ok maybe not 100 but it seems like it-lol). Hope everyone has a great day OP.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:26 PM   #9  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby11 View Post
Hi, I had my 3rd weigh in and had a very good week. I am down 20 pounds since I started the program July 15th. I know it is a fast loss and a lot of it is water but I would like to know if others found their size shrunk immediately or was there a delay from the weight loss? I don't feel like I have lost 20 pounds yet. I know it will come and am beyond thrilled this is working for me.
I have struggled with the packets as I don't love them because I like food not pudding or shakes and look so forward to my evening meal. The results will keep my going though and I read the what are you eating today to get some new ideas.
Welcome Ruby and Iron Woman -

I am a relative newbie to IP too -- heading in for my 4th Weigh In tomorrow - my loss is slower than you, Ruby, but it's steadily heading in the right direction - I hope to be down 20 lbs by my birthday later this month. Good results for a post menopausal broad like me!

Ruby - I have to encourage you to be a little bit daring in the kitchen - you can take that pudding packet and easily make it into something else.

This morning, my last day off work, at home on staycation, I slept in a bit and when I did get up, I made brunch - I turned my vanilla pudding into a plate of waffles that I ate with Walden Farms Maple Syrup -- see photo below.... and just to make it more of a real food, I added a cup of shredded zucchini to the batter!!! I could not taste the zuke at all, but it was there and it gave more texture and substance to the waffles. I also added half my vanilla RTD to my coffee, and I am about to finish off the other half as soon as I finish this posting. In awhile I will have a salad with some other veggies to complete my lunch meal protocol.

Check out the recipes in the Sticky Thread that leads off the IP Forum here - there are recipes of all manner including lots to transform your IP packets into some other food item. Pinterest has recipes too, and of course you can find more on the IP websites for different locations around the US and Canada. Make the IP soup into Ruby's customized soup, stew, or sauce! Try it - I bet you will like it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IP Waffle success.jpg (36.1 KB, 19 views)
Old 08-06-2014, 12:33 PM   #10  

Lovely looking waffles, oneuh2! Post menopausal... I wish - you lucky girl! At fifty still no such luck for me... I'll probably end up being one of those 60 year olds that can still get pregnant. I wonder if the cost of birth control for 40 years or so outweighs the cost of keeping a child to adulthood at 20 or so?

Liana
Old 08-06-2014, 12:59 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 242/219/140

Height: 5'5"

Congrats everyone for another great week, and a congrats to those who are just beginning!! I'm hoping this next week is filled with SV and NSV!

pishposhapplesauce mentioned the Beck book, I've heard a lot about it and am currently debating if I should purchase it. If so, should I buy all three books, or just one? If just one, which?
Thanks!
Old 08-06-2014, 01:32 PM   #12  

Try your local library first, bcart, for the Beck books... then when you find one that really speaks to you, order it from a book store (I am partial to local booksellers ) or online from amazon or similar.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:01 PM   #13  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon everyone! First day of in-laws visit...going to be a challenge, but i'll deal. Had tp restrain myself when father-in-law (whom I love) decided to tell me he was getying "very concerned" about my pre-IP soda consumption (this from an overweight, over-eating person). I told him drinking excess soda is indeed unhealthy, AS IS a high-fat, high-carb diet..
ahem....

Ah well....
no one likes to be judged. Wish me peace and patience!
Old 08-06-2014, 02:08 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

So excited! I went to Books a Million on my break and bought the Beck diet solution and a cute note book to take notes. Can't wait to dive in!
Old 08-06-2014, 02:10 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 216.6/189.5/165

Thanks all for the suggestions, I guess I have to stop being lazy in the kitchen and I think I will totally start splitting my main meal as days I work are killer as I eat all but my last meal away from home and have a physical job.

One last question...how do you prepare the chili? There's no info on the pack...
Closed Thread