Old 08-23-2014, 02:54 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

So since August 7th (my start date) I've lost a total of 11 pounds!!!
ShelbyLynn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:46 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 258/165/143

Height: 5'3"

Sgrealtor- Grats on reaching your first mini goal!! I'm so proud of you!

lisa- I hope you're doing better and things are going back to normal, and thank you for helping us newbies with our questions/concerns we have about what we can eat if we want to stay 100% OP.

RefreshingMe- Yum, yum! That pie sounds delicious and Fort Edmonton dreamy! Obviously, you did a great job getting prepared to stick to the diet, and having fun with your family! (Did you get the recipe from this forum?) I always thought I needed food to have a good time with my friends and family! Thank you for your kind and encouraging words I will feel more in control once I settle down to my new routine!

Newsluv- and on your weight loss!! Please continue coming to share your journey with us! WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Shelby- on your loss, you're doing a great job!!

***So, today I had my usual breakfast, I am totally hooked on Double Chocolate Brownie and my cup of coffee and I was surprised that I FINISHED the entire bar in one seating! I usually get full with half or 3/4 of the bar, and finish it at a later time, but not today Is my stomach getting bigger?! First time in 10 days that I can finish the entire brownie in one seating!
Also, I was reading the Nutrition Facts chart, and I was in shocked to learn how many carbs my favorite IP food contains! This is a restricted item, so I have it once a day, but maybe now I'll have it every other day because it has 25g of total carbs!!!!!!! and 15g of protein. WOW! No wonder this Double Chocolate Brownie tastes so, so, so, good!! Why are these high carb products available in IP? I'm addicted to these, now I'm going to have to withdrawal from the IP Double Chocolate Brownies ****

Last edited by Ariel13; 08-23-2014 at 03:50 PM.
Ariel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:03 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel13 View Post
Sgrealtor- Grats on reaching your first mini goal!! I'm so proud of you!

lisa- I hope you're doing better and things are going back to normal, and thank you for helping us newbies with our questions/concerns we have about what we can eat if we want to stay 100% OP.

RefreshingMe- Yum, yum! That pie sounds delicious and Fort Edmonton dreamy! Obviously, you did a great job getting prepared to stick to the diet, and having fun with your family! (Did you get the recipe from this forum?) I always thought I needed food to have a good time with my friends and family! Thank you for your kind and encouraging words I will feel more in control once I settle down to my new routine!

Newsluv- and on your weight loss!! Please continue coming to share your journey with us! WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Shelby- on your loss, you're doing a great job!!

***So, today I had my usual breakfast, I am totally hooked on Double Chocolate Brownie and my cup of coffee and I was surprised that I FINISHED the entire bar in one seating! I usually get full with half or 3/4 of the bar, and finish it at a later time, but not today Is my stomach getting bigger?! First time in 10 days that I can finish the entire brownie in one seating!
Also, I was reading the Nutrition Facts chart, and I was in shocked to learn how many carbs my favorite IP food contains! This is a restricted item, so I have it once a day, but maybe now I'll have it every other day because it has 25g of total carbs!!!!!!! and 15g of protein. WOW! No wonder this Double Chocolate Brownie tastes so, so, so, good!! Why are these high carb products available in IP? I'm addicted to these, now I'm going to have to withdrawal from the IP Double Chocolate Brownies ****
Does the bar have any dietary fiber in it or sugar alcohols? You subtract those from the total carbs
ShelbyLynn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:09 PM   #79  

Quote:
They actually are not "high" carb. They are perfectly designed as a once/day restricted on IP. 10 g of those carbs are fiber so it really only has 15 net g carbs. 15 g of protein is the perfect amt for a packet on IP.

In contrast, 1 hostess cupcake has 180 calories and 29 net grams of carbs. It only has 2 G protein and tons of sugar!

Keep doing what you're doing. There is nothing to change. IP works!!!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:26 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 208/?/150

Height: 5'9"

I'm in my first week! Liking the program so far. Definitely learning which products I do and don't like. Stocked up on some WF products... Do y'all usually limit how much of that you use a day? I'm finding taking all the pills a little harder than sticking to the diet, but I'm a baby about pills anyway I guess lol. Glad to find this group!
TXWineo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:27 PM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn8 View Post
Does the bar have any dietary fiber in it or sugar alcohols? You subtract those from the total carbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
They actually are not "high" carb. They are perfectly designed as a once/day restricted on IP. 10 g of those carbs are fiber so it really only has 15 net g carbs. 15 g of protein is the perfect amt for a packet on IP.

In contrast, 1 hostess cupcake has 180 calories and 29 net grams of carbs. It only has 2 G protein and tons of sugar!

Keep doing what you're doing. There is nothing to change. IP works!!!
Thanks Shelby and lisa! I now will be able to continue to enjoy my Double Chocolate Brownie and cup of coffee You girls are awesome!! So, to find out the total net carbs, do I subtract the protein and the Dietary Fiber from the Total Carbs?
Old 08-23-2014, 04:40 PM   #82  

Quote:
Thanks Shelby and lisa! I now will be able to continue to enjoy my Double Chocolate Brownie and cup of coffee You girls are awesome!! So, to find out the total net carbs, do I subtract the protein and the Dietary Fiber from the Total Carbs?
Not protein. It is a separate nutrient.
You subtract fiber from total carbs. Some people also subtract sugar alcohols. I don't.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:40 PM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXWineo View Post
I'm in my first week! Liking the program so far. Definitely learning which products I do and don't like. Stocked up on some WF products... Do y'all usually limit how much of that you use a day? I'm finding taking all the pills a little harder than sticking to the diet, but I'm a baby about pills anyway I guess lol. Glad to find this group!
again TXWineo This is my second week doing IP diet. I come here everyday and everyone here has been of great help. You should try to come by to get support and ask questions you might have. This is a great forum. I have not tried the WF products. Sorry, I can't help you with that, but I'm sure you'll get your answer soon The pills, you'll get used to it, or you can probably break them in pieces or crush them and drink them with water?
Old 08-23-2014, 04:46 PM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Not protein. It is a separate nutrient.
You subtract fiber from total carbs. Some people also subtract sugar alcohols. I don't.
Thanks! I will now do that with every item, I would always only look at the total carbs. YAY! I'm so happy, I can continue enjoying my Double Chocolate Brownie, it is like my daily reward!
Old 08-23-2014, 05:47 PM   #85  

Quote:
Thanks! I will now do that with every item, I would always only look at the total carbs. YAY! I'm so happy, I can continue enjoying my Double Chocolate Brownie, it is like my daily reward!
On IP, you don't have to track every little thing. Just eat according to the P1 sheet and you're good-to-go
Old 08-23-2014, 07:21 PM   #86  
IP Start Date 6 Aug 2014

S/C/G: 248.8/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Smile August 5 Starter

W1 WI (Aug 12): 7.7lbs
W2 WI (Aug 19): 3.7lbs
W3 WI (Aug 26): TBD!!

100% on plan... Except yesterday when I went to a golf tournament and ate a baked potato. Hoping it doesn't affect my week much!

Happy with the program so far, and the variety of food.
whirly_girly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:58 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/154

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs down

newsluv, whirlygirlyand txWineo!!
Congrats on the losses shelby, whirlygirlyand newsluv!
ariel- I've been trying hard to involve my family in a healthy eating plan with me in the hopes that after I'm finished with Phase 1 we'll all be eating healthfully.
I got the recipe from here http://nutritionw.com/ideal-protein-recipes/
I'm so happy for you about the brownie... Obviously you and the brownie have some good mojo going- your weigh in proved it!

Last edited by RefreshingMe; 08-23-2014 at 09:01 PM.
RefreshingMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:46 PM   #88  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks for this blog am restarting this IP on Monday and look forward to the inspiration and support from all the fellow IPers
finale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:31 PM   #89  
IP Start Date 6 Aug 2014

S/C/G: 248.8/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefreshingMe View Post
newsluv, whirlygirlyand txWineo!!
Congrats on the losses shelby, whirlygirlyand newsluv!
ariel- I've been trying hard to involve my family in a healthy eating plan with me in the hopes that after I'm finished with Phase 1 we'll all be eating healthfully.
I got the recipe from here http://nutritionw.com/ideal-protein-recipes/
I'm so happy for you about the brownie... Obviously you and the brownie have some good mojo going- your weigh in proved it!
Thanks for the warm welcome and congrats. I don't get much chance to come onto the forum, but will try to make a weekly appearance. I look forward to sharing all of our successes, August Starters!
whirly_girly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:33 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/154

Height: 5'8"

finale- post often! The more the merrier!
whirlygirly we were writing at the same time... Post when you can- the support and camaraderie to be had on the forum is good for all of us. We're all in the same boat... It can help knowing that others are journeying with you...

Last edited by RefreshingMe; 08-23-2014 at 11:37 PM.
RefreshingMe is offline   Reply With Quote