Old 08-17-2014, 12:00 AM   #16  
Mike

S/C/G: 399/364/230

Height: 6'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugLady View Post
This thread makes me happy! I just started 8/13 too, and today was my first weekend day on program. I'm disciplined at work, but weekends at home are my downfall. So, I took my kids to the park and did as much housework that I could tolerate. Lol! Anything to keep busy! I'm still getting used to eating the packets, and trying to find the ones I like best. But, I'm very excited to start this journey and I'm so thankful for groups like this that are so helpful and supportive!
Hi PugLady,
I've found that after you find the food that you like it becomes much easier to stay OP. It's helped so far by making sure that I have some variety in the packs. I also make my dinner and snack something that I can look forward to.

Mike
mike7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 12:23 AM   #17  

Hi Everyone,

I'm an August joiner, I joined on the 8th and lost 2.5 lbs. my first week and stuck to the plan 100%, was a bit disappointed as I expected more loss on week 1.

I am already thinking I may have to go to the alternative IP products as the sucralose is bugging me. I also can't do gluten and soy's not really good for me either. Frankly I'm still really hungry (like low blood sugar at times) and I think it's the products doing it to me as my coach says I should be in ketosis by now and not hungry.

I'll press on for now though.
Adventuregurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:52 PM   #18  
Started IP 8/5/2014

S/C/G: 240/183/154

Height: 5'8"

Does everyone's clinic work differently? I am required to buy 3 boxes of packets a week. I paid a registration fee (about $200)that entitled me to 20 weigh-ins. I don't know how they would make any money if I wasn't required to buy my food through them.

All the talk I read of alternative products just made me wonder. I don't have much need for many alternative products with as much IP as I have to buy.

I hope all your side effects will pass soon, Adventuregurl.
Lose2Win2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:40 AM   #19  

Thanks Lose2Win, I do too - I think I'm just very sensitive to certain ingredients on top of my allergies.

I don't have to buy a certain amount of product, at least I've never been told I had to. I did pay a one time coaching fee of $150 but if I meet goal my place gives me back half of that value in food.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:49 AM   #20  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventuregurl View Post
Thanks Lose2Win, I do too - I think I'm just very sensitive to certain ingredients on top of my allergies.

I don't have to buy a certain amount of product, at least I've never been told I had to. I did pay a one time coaching fee of $150 but if I meet goal my place gives me back half of that value in food.
These varying business models are fascinating! I paid for the starter food pack - it included 10 days of IP food and a month of supplements, and a fee that covered initial consult and program review, website access to to program materials like the videos etc. My total was around $300+ ... I will check my receipt. No mention of required weekly purchase but since joining I have only paid for food I have purchased at each weigh in.

I was able to trade in things from the start pack when I returned for week 1 weigh in... Like the fruit drinks- I traded for choc and cappuccino.... My starter pack included one of most of the products, tho not all, and I was able to get samples of some stuff that was not in the a starter pack. Very flexible arrangement. Never heard a required box purchase requirement, but clearly the coaches must earn some profit margin so I expect to buy product.

The discussions of alternatives identify optional ways to follow the IP protocol at lower cost and to find products that do not have some of the ingredients that cause digestive problems for some, like gluten and soy. Some people follow the protocol with no coach by using alternative products that mirror the IP product nutrient profiles.

There are so many IP outlets at doctors' and chiropractors' offices - it should be easy to find a place that offers more flexibility - I would have hated to start buying boxes of product that I did not like.

Ps: I am a July 2014 IP starter who found 3FC a year or so ago, and just checks out any IP threads with recent posts.... Your August group seems great, and off to a very good start!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:28 AM   #21  
Started IP 8/20/14

S/C/G: HW292/SW284/CW284/GW200

I'm new to IP as well ... this Wednesday will be day one (products and supplements will arrive then!).

I am using alternative products including EAS shakes, protidiet and Lindora packets.

My downfall is that I love fruits and berries so it will be difficult to give them up. My favorite veggies unfortunately green beans, which are limited. I do love salad and asparagus so hopefully this will sustain me!

I am a bridesmaid in a wedding in late October, and although of course it's not like I am going to lose a TON Of weight by then, 15-20 pounds would make a difference to me.

Good luck all! I will be checking back regularly and look forward to posting with ya'll!
PghGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:08 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 228/198/165

Height: 5'11"

I agree oneuh2, the different business models are fascinating!

My "clinic" (in quotes because it's only losely associated with a chiropractic office and my "coach" knows less about biology/nutrition/wellness than I do ) charges $350 for the first week--includes a week of food, consult, screening, etc. and then $99/week after that (21 packets, weigh-in, "coaching") It's PRICEY! But there's no financial penalty for missed weeks, so I have been supplementing with alternatives (also due to soy/gluten/sucralose issues) kinda saving up packets, and after this week will only be weighing in (and paying the $100) once or twice a month.
sarajoyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:28 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 223/215/190

Height: 5'5

Default August starter

Hi y'all. My husband and I both started the program our first day august 12th. We weigh tonight but both are already feeling so much better. I officially our scale shows he is down 10 and I'm down 7. It's an adjustment getting used to some of the textures but we are cheat free so feeling good. Blessed to have a partner doing it with me. Looking forward to sharing this journey with you.
Lberated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 02:51 PM   #24  
Started IP 8/5/2014

S/C/G: 240/183/154

Welcome PghGal and Lberated! I hope you sail smoothly through this program! It's great you have your husband doing this with you, Lberated. I am finding it fairly easy to adapt dinner to the needs of my family and still make what I need. I have boys in my house, and they love simply prepared meats. I might have to skip a side dish, but otherwise I'm ok.

oneuh2 - you always have great comments. Glad you posted on the August starters!

I went for my week 2 visit today, and I was down 4.2 lbs! So excited! I know it will slow down some from here, but I'm so happy to be off to a good start.

Last edited by Lose2Win2014; 08-18-2014 at 02:52 PM.
Lose2Win2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:15 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

HI Everyone,
I started IP alternatives on 8/7/14, and I'm down 9 pounds. I'm 100% OP!
Thanks to nature I just started TOM, so we'll see how this second week goes!! Good Luck to Everyone, "And May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor"-Hunger Games
ShelbyLynn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:15 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/154

Hello All,
Just started today. I am excited to be started on the path towards my goal. It does feel overwhelming knowing that u have so many days and choices and obstacles ahead but I am willing to cultivate the attributes of patience, perseverance and determination to make it through.
Very happy that there is such a large support system in IP on this site. And it is so nice to know those who are starting off right now with me
RefreshingMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:58 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarajoyus View Post
But there's no financial penalty for missed weeks, so I have been supplementing with alternatives (also due to soy/gluten/sucralose issues) kinda saving up packets, and after this week will only be weighing in (and paying the $100) once or twice a month.
You sound like me sarajoyus, have you found any good products without those culprits - the sucralose is making me hungrier and making my blood sugar drop ? I am not going to be able to do it!

Last edited by Adventuregurl; 08-18-2014 at 10:59 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:00 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 258/165/143

Height: 5'3"

Hello August IPers! This Wednesday I will be going to for my first WI, I will let you know how it goes. So far, I have not cheated, I've been 100% OP. I have been feeling fine, not that hungry though, with the exception of last Saturday, I got my "monthly gift" and I had cramps an a terrible headache, so basically I was in bed most of the day. I also right after eating dinner I got sick, it was a miserable day. I don't know if it was because it was TOM (I usually get cramps and sometimes headaches) or I don't know if it was me withdrawing from carbs/sugars...I had been fine till Saturday (When I received my monthly friend.)
[U]Good luck to everyone! [/U]We should stick to it 100% and just take it one day at a time...I will be coming here to share how I'm doing, and to get and give support! I'm glad I found this forum, I don't feel alone.
Ariel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:22 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 258/165/143

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Ps: I am a July 2014 IP starter who found 3FC a year or so ago, and just checks out any IP threads with recent posts.... Your August group seems great, and off to a very good start!
oneuh Thanks for all your advice and encouragement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghGal View Post
I'm new to IP as well ... this Wednesday will be day one (products and supplements will arrive then!).

I am using alternative products including EAS shakes, protidiet and Lindora packets.

My downfall is that I love fruits and berries so it will be difficult to give them up. My favorite veggies unfortunately green beans, which are limited. I do love salad and asparagus so hopefully this will sustain me!

I am a bridesmaid in a wedding in late October, and although of course it's not like I am going to lose a TON Of weight by then, 15-20 pounds would make a difference to me.

Good luck all! I will be checking back regularly and look forward to posting with ya'll!
PghGal Welcome! Don't worry, it won't be too hard (at least the first week) I was eating donuts, Danishes, pizza, iced coffee, coke, chips like every day! And I've been able to live off them for the past 5 days! Before I couldn't survive ONE day without them. Good luck to you, you'll lose weight for the wedding (how exciting!) And do come back to check regularly, and let us know how you're doing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lberated View Post
Hi y'all. My husband and I both started the program our first day august 12th. We weigh tonight but both are already feeling so much better. I officially our scale shows he is down 10 and I'm down 7. It's an adjustment getting used to some of the textures but we are cheat free so feeling good. Blessed to have a partner doing it with me. Looking forward to sharing this journey with you.
Welcome Lberated! and that's so cool that you and your husband both are following IP diet! Congratulations on both your losses! Please continue to come and share how you and your husband are doing! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lose2Win2014 View Post
I went for my week 2 visit today, and I was down 4.2 lbs! So excited! I know it will slow down some from here, but I'm so happy to be off to a good start.
Lose2Win!! WOW! You're doing GREAT! I'm so happy for you, staying 100% OP pays off!!! I don't know how my WI will be, but I even though I haven't cheated, for me is TOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn8 View Post
HI Everyone,
I started IP alternatives on 8/7/14, and I'm down 9 pounds. I'm 100% OP!
Thanks to nature I just started TOM, so we'll see how this second week goes!! Good Luck to Everyone, "And May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor"-Hunger Games
ShelbyLynn8 CONGRATULATIONS on losing 9 lbs. and been 100% OP! Thanks for your good wishes and best of luck to you too!! Please come by and share your journey and success with us!!
Ariel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:27 AM   #30  

Congrats on your losses ShelbyLynn8 & Lose2Win!!
WhoDat730 is offline   Reply With Quote