Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 05:24 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Thank you Barb! I'll give that a try, I'll call ahead like you said. If the food comes out and is questionable I'll just say I'm not hungry and take it home to DH. That's what I'd rather do anyway. I just don't want all the comments and questions. I haven't seen these people since I started IP. So they should notice that I've lost weight....
Old 08-02-2014, 05:44 PM   #32  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Happy Saturday all!

Phew....just got home from my son's early birthday party (his actual birthday is the second day of school in a few weeks)! We let him bring three friends to a local "fun park" that has go-carts, bumper boats, mini golfing, etc. I am exhausted from corralling 4 7-year old boys and my 4 year-old daughter! We ate at a local Culvers (fast food and frozen custard), and I am happy to say that I ate my grilled chicken breast and salad happily and enjoyed my Quest Brownie while everyone else ate cake and frozen custard. Nice to not be feeling deprived or grouchy (which is how I felt when I started IP) anymore.

But I am TIRED!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2014, 07:53 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Thanks for all the bra-buying tips!

I don't know of any stores in my area that have "fitting" for bras, but I'll start calling some possibilities and just asking if they do. I've never noticed it advertised.

I did look at a few online videos about how to measure yourself. I went to a couple of stores for plus-size ladies (Lane Bryant and Catherine's) to try on based on my measurements. I didn't find anything that I liked there. I went to JcPenney's and could not find any larger band sizes in styles that I was interested in trying. (I was looking for smooth, seamless cups to wear under a certain top that shows the seams in my current bras.)

We also have a Belk,Dillards, and Sears in my area. I need to see what they have.

But, many of you mentioned brands with which I was not familiar, so I'm going to look at some of those online. Thanks for the advice!
Old 08-02-2014, 08:08 PM   #34  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayalaine View Post
Thanks for all the bra-buying tips!

I don't know of any stores in my area that have "fitting" for bras, but I'll start calling some possibilities and just asking if they do. I've never noticed it advertised.

We also have a Belk,Dillards, and Sears in my area. I need to see what they have.
I think you can call Dillards and Belk and ask about the bra fitter -- sometimes the stores have someone who travels among various stores and they can check their schedule and tell you when you could find that lady in the store - maybe even make an appointment! Neither of those stores carry much in larger sized bands as I recall, but you could get the fitting info even if they don't have your size in stock.

Maybe you could ask your coach to measure your band size and take that with the bust size to HerRoom online -- I think they have the arithmetic formulas that convert that info to sizes on their website.

can you tell that I have explored and studied this topic a bit?
Old 08-02-2014, 09:04 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
I think you can call Dillards and Belk and ask about the bra fitter -- sometimes the stores have someone who travels among various stores and they can check their schedule and tell you when you could find that lady in the store - maybe even make an appointment! Neither of those stores carry much in larger sized bands as I recall, but you could get the fitting info even if they don't have your size in stock.

Maybe you could ask your coach to measure your band size and take that with the bust size to HerRoom online -- I think they have the arithmetic formulas that convert that info to sizes on their website.

can you tell that I have explored and studied this topic a bit?

I will make those calls to ask about fitters. I also thought about going to an "alterations" place to see if they might measure for size?? Using the online videos gave me a size, and I think that gave me something to start with. When I tried on at Lane Bryant and Catherine's, it seemed like I needed one size smaller than the online calculators had yielded. But, other brands may fit differently. It seems like most plus size brands fit larger or fuller than other brands.

I am doing IP plan using alternatives, so I do not have a coach who can help me with this. But, I will definitely make some calls. And, I will just try more brands. Oh, and maybe I'll use it as an excuse to go out of town for a shopping spree!! Haha!
Old 08-02-2014, 09:18 PM   #36  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

I'm all over the place with bra sizes. I have a drawer full of me at C's and me at DD's. I'm hoping not to have to buy anymore until I reach goal.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:42 PM   #37  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Quote:
I will make those calls to ask about fitters. I also thought about going to an "alterations" place to see if they might measure for size?? Using the online videos gave me a size, and I think that gave me something to start with. When I tried on at Lane Bryant and Catherine's, it seemed like I needed one size smaller than the online calculators had yielded. But, other brands may fit differently. It seems like most plus size brands fit larger or fuller than other brands.

I am doing IP plan using alternatives, so I do not have a coach who can help me with this. But, I will definitely make some calls. And, I will just try more brands. Oh, and maybe I'll use it as an excuse to go out of town for a shopping spree!! Haha!

Yayalaine -- Sounds like you on your way to becoming an expert on this too!! Since you are still losing weight, I am guessing you want to get a band size that just fits at the loosest fitting row of hooks, then you can tighten up as you continue to drop in size. That might also call for a smaller band size.

Kissi -- I have DD's all the way up to a couple of G's... I'd love to get back into a DD!

re: the Rhubarb -- if you bought fresh in August, I have to guess you live in a northern climate where it's available this time of year. It's a Spring, cool weather crop, I think. I will have to keep an eye out in the store though. Your dish sounds yummy....
Old 08-02-2014, 10:19 PM   #38  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

I'm actually in New Orleans. Whole Foods hasn't had it the past couple of times I went but they had some today!!! Woo hoo!
Old 08-02-2014, 10:49 PM   #39  
Started IP 6/25/14

S/C/G: 309/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5

Is this where we come to confess? I accidentally had two restricted today! Blerg -- I had a quest bar at lunch then had some soy puffs as my last snack. My first big mess up! I hope my scale doesn't explode. I think some of the weight I've lost is in my brain!! Forgetful.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:14 AM   #40  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
It is weird the way people don't say anything. At first I was annoyed by it. Now I realize maybe it makes them uncomfortable.

I know when I see someone that I haven't seen in a while and they have lost weight I always tell them how good they are looking because I know how pleased I am to hear it.
I had one of my bosses say to me recently 'you've lost a lot of weight and you look great. We just want to check that this was planned?' Bless him. The bosses had noticed and were worried that I was unwell and that was why I had lost close to 50 lbs. I told him it was planned. He looked kinda relieved and then told me I looked fabulous! He's the only male person above me in level who has said anything. The ladies will say something. But I think the men are embarrassed and don't want to bring the topic up for fear of offending me. I even had the girlfriend of a male colleague mention to me at a function that her boyfriend had noticed how great I looked but he was too uncomfortable to say it to my face. So she said it for him. Super cute!
Old 08-03-2014, 03:55 AM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Literari View Post
Is this where we come to confess? I accidentally had two restricted today! Blerg -- I had a quest bar at lunch then had some soy puffs as my last snack. My first big mess up! I hope my scale doesn't explode. I think some of the weight I've lost is in my brain!! Forgetful.
I think everyone has made an unintentional error
Don't stress. It increases cortisol, which reduces weight loss.
Just continue forward. You're doing great! No adjustments needed.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:43 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Quote:
I'm having a hard time finding a bra that fits well. I tried just going down in size with the bra that was my favorite when I started IP, but that's not fitting correctly. I think I may have reduced a cup size.

Plus, I'm not wanting to spend a lot since it will be temporary as I will be moving down in size again.

And, I HATE underwire. It always dug down into my fat belly when I sat down. HURT. I know that fat belly will be reducing some more, but I still try to avoid underwires for now.

Not all stores have "plus size" bras. They may have larger cups, but the band widths do not come in plus sizes.

Any favorite brands or styles to recommend??? Thanks!!
I know the feeling being pretty week off in the chest department LOL... I found a local store that does an actual fitting for the bra. They measure and make sure its perfect...It is a bit pricy about $50+ per bra but it fits amazing and you feel amazing in it. I treat myself 2 or 3 times a year. Some are fancy so I only wear them once in a while. Think of it as a treat for your weight loss. As a matter of fact I am going there this week... I have a saggy bra issue right now myself LOL...
Old 08-03-2014, 07:54 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

In response to nobody noticing, I feel the same way. Heck I have taken off 23 lbs and no one (other than my husband who is sad about the boob's) has said a thing. I am certainly not announcing that I am trying to lose weight, but 20 inches and 23 pounds gone, you think someone would say something LOL... Oh well I know I feel good...

Today I am cooking a prime rib roast for dinner for celebrating my Mom's and my Brothers Birthdays. I have to run to the store to buy some potato's for them to eat since there is not one to be found in the house LOL. ..My son and husband have not eaten carbs with dinner for some time, LOL. They will be in shock to see a potato on the table...Me I will have my meat and I already grilled zucchini and mushrooms the other day for my 2c of veggies. I may stretch my meals and snacks today and save a snack for after dinner. My center had the brownies this week so while everyone is having dessert I may have my brownie.....although I have not had any issues saying no to dessert.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:45 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Good morning!
Yesterday was hectically busy and fun with my son's birthday party. My eating routine got messed up a little bit so today I am back on the wagon.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:15 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 132/123.8/115

Height: 5' 3

Congratulations! That's awesome!!!!
Closed Thread