Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 11:23 AM   #16  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

Just checking in! I was glancing through the names of those who have posted today, and I didn't recognize many of them! I've been away far too long.
I've been dealing with a long term stall in weight loss, but still feeling alright about everything! Good to see so many new faces! I don't have internet where I am living now, so I don't have the opportunity to get on much anymore!
Old 08-02-2014, 11:44 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Height: 5'4"

Default bra shopping.... AARRGGHH!!

I'm having a hard time finding a bra that fits well. I tried just going down in size with the bra that was my favorite when I started IP, but that's not fitting correctly. I think I may have reduced a cup size.

Plus, I'm not wanting to spend a lot since it will be temporary as I will be moving down in size again.

And, I HATE underwire. It always dug down into my fat belly when I sat down. HURT. I know that fat belly will be reducing some more, but I still try to avoid underwires for now.

Not all stores have "plus size" bras. They may have larger cups, but the band widths do not come in plus sizes.

Any favorite brands or styles to recommend??? Thanks!!
Old 08-02-2014, 12:14 PM   #18  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
We are having our yearly corporate meeting at a Chinese restaurant next week. I'm dreading it. Is there anything at a Chinese restaurant that is OP?
Hi Kelly,
Look up their menu on line now. See what options there are. Often they have an American Section where you can get a steak. I was surprised once at a company outing that they ordered "family style" so they chose what food was coming. I tried to order separately, but they picked up the tab for mine as well. Anyway look at salads to see if you can get no cheese, no croutons/noodles, no dressing. I will use lemon juice if I don't have a WF packet in my purse sometimes. If you want to link the menu here I'm sure you will get some creative options from the group. If in doubt - have a packet before you go. It may be like having 1 extra packet for the day - but that's allowed now and then.

Barb
Old 08-02-2014, 12:22 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Are they saying that about all the chips or just Garlic??
When the chips first came out there was a lot of confusion as to whether or not they were restricted... some clinics said yes and some said no. Back and forth and back and forth. We then had a couple coaches on here who said, no, not restricted. So I think that is how most people are using them at this point, though some count them as restricted if their coach insists and they don['t want to fudge the log.

Interesting if you now have a "corporate" clinic since you would think what they said is how IP intends it!!

Anybody have the nutrition info on garlic and other IP chips??
Garlic: 140 calories
5 fat
11 total carbs (6 fiber)

BBQ (and also sea salt)
12 (6)
Old 08-02-2014, 12:23 PM   #20  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayalaine View Post
I'm having a hard time finding a bra that fits well. I tried just going down in size with the bra that was my favorite when I started IP, but that's not fitting correctly. I think I may have reduced a cup size.

Plus, I'm not wanting to spend a lot since it will be temporary as I will be moving down in size again.

And, I HATE underwire. It always dug down into my fat belly when I sat down. HURT. I know that fat belly will be reducing some more, but I still try to avoid underwires for now.

Not all stores have "plus size" bras. They may have larger cups, but the band widths do not come in plus sizes.

Funny you raise this topic - I was thinking about bras yesterday and looking forward to dropping back down in bra size. I recommend that you go to a store with a fitter and get at least one pretty good quality bra. Your back will thank you, not to mentIon your profile, and you will know what size to look for in a cheaper model.

I like Rosa Faia, Fantasie, Wacoal and Goddess brands since I crept into the 200's... If you go and get fitted you can find brands and sizes that work, make a note and then shop online for good prices. I was buying 40's with smaller cup and found that 38's with larger cup fit much better. Who would think that my weight would call for a 38? I have a drawer full of smaller sizes in my closet..... Looking forward to moving back into them.

Woman Within catalogue has bra buying deals often, and I find sales at Her Room. Join ebates and go to Her Room and save even more.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:24 PM   #21  

Deana

LOVE LOVE LOVE your new pic!
How long has your slowdown been? Are you completely stalled while staying 100% on plan?
I had to go to my doc who found a thyroid problem that I've needed to heal from.

Quote:

When I'm in doubt, I go get measured.
another option is herroom.com

Since everyone's shapes are so different, I hesitate to suggest a bra because what fits me well may not fit you.

Last edited by lisa32989; 08-02-2014 at 12:27 PM.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:54 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Thanks Barb- Hunanchinesefood.com , that would be very helpful. I didn't see steak on the menu. That would be nice. I really don't like eating out, I like to be in control of how my food is prepared. I'd be more than happy to eat before I go, but I don't feel like hearing everyone's comments on why I'm not eating.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:03 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Kelly: Not exciting, but I've had Chinese quite a few times while on IP.

Steamed, white meat chicken breast, broccoli and bean sprouts.

I bring my own little container with homemade teriyaki sauce (soy sauce, WF pancake syrup, garlic, ginger and mustard powders.)

Deana: Looking great!

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 08-02-2014 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:04 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
Just checking in! I was glancing through the names of those who have posted today, and I didn't recognize many of them! I've been away far too long.
I've been dealing with a long term stall in weight loss, but still feeling alright about everything! Good to see so many new faces! I don't have internet where I am living now, so I don't have the opportunity to get on much anymore!

Hi Deana,

So great to see you! A few weeks ago, a college student was looking for tips about how to make IP work while away at school. If you get a chance could you post some of your strategies for success?
Old 08-02-2014, 01:34 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
Congratulations to us both!!!!! My coach told me yesterday that I made it juuuuuust barely. Anything over 169 would have kept me in the 'obese' range. Definitely a NSV!

Two people used the word "skinny" to describe me this week. Just saying "You are getting skinny" I don't think anyone has everyone described me with that word. I have always had an athletic build. I know with this diet, I'm losing a lot of inches in my midsection and my hips, I guess it is showing.
Yay for us! I had someone say that to me at work this week and I almost looked around to see who she was talking to. Then I realized it was me!

Quote:
I had a big personal NSV yesterday. My school district has a big meeting at the start of each school year. Each school dresses in matching shirts of some type and the auditorium is divided into school sections.

Last year, I wore a 3x to the meeting. Yesterday, I wore an XL. No one said anything about noticing a difference, but I felt a difference and FELT so much skinnier. I still have a long way to go, but I'm feeling a whole lot better than I felt this time last year.
It is weird the way people don't say anything. At first I was annoyed by it. Now I realize maybe it makes them uncomfortable.

I know when I see someone that I haven't seen in a while and they have lost weight I always tell them how good they are looking because I know how pleased I am to hear it.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:41 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

I know what you mean. The girls are shrinking at an alarming rate. My favorite brands are Wacoal and Natori. I also suggest getting measured for fit at a better lingerie shop. Then take those measurements and look for pricing that fits your budget. But no matter what size you are, good fitting foundations make all your clothes look better and they just make me feel better as well. I've dropped 2 band sizes and 2 cup sizes.AACCKK!!
Old 08-02-2014, 01:47 PM   #27  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

BRAS-- agree that a good fitting helps. If you find an underwire bra you love, could you cut the underwire out? Maybe that reduces the support but I know I hated the wires myself. I also have a bra "extender" that goes on the clasps that I got from Regal (do they have Regal in the US -- it's a catalogue store) I'm sure they'd have something similar in a sewing store. If you have a cup size/style you like but it is a but too snug, the extender is the answer It only changes the band width.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:36 PM   #28  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Yayalaine -- If you really want a wireless bra, I kind of recall that either Glamorise or Goddess or both have quite a selection -- after you figure out the right size, you can do an online search for those and find quite a few to choose from, and they are moderately priced.

If you need larger band size -- check out BiggerBras.com -- I have purchased from them in the past and they did have a large range of sizes.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:56 PM   #29  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

I just scored some fresh rhubarb at whole foods. Can't wait to cook it! I have some WF Strawberry Syrup on hand to have with it.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:19 PM   #30  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Thanks Barb- Hunanchinesefood.com , that would be very helpful. I didn't see steak on the menu. That would be nice. I really don't like eating out, I like to be in control of how my food is prepared. I'd be more than happy to eat before I go, but I don't feel like hearing everyone's comments on why I'm not eating.
Hi Kelly. I don't see descriptions or photos of what they call Grilled chicken, but I'd probably give that a try, along with the steamed vegetables in the sides listing. You can call ahead and ask them what their steamed vegetables are to make sure it's not all carrots or beans. If you can get a better idea of what comes with the grilled chicken that may help - maybe it already comes with veggies. You can see if they will let you order like the broccoli beef with no sauce.

I think you will be okay. Even if the chicken comes with skin, you can remove it. Just ask for no sauces or butter.

Let us know how it goes!
Barb
Closed Thread