Old 08-01-2014, 03:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Restart: 154/145/130

Default Question for all you restarters - How did you phase off the first time?

Hello all! I did IP a year ago and lost 30lbs in a little over 3 months (160 to 130). LOVED IT! I didn't really follow the phase off plan for many reasons, including losing touch with my coach, busy time at work, lots of free food at work, etc. Either way, I gained about 20lbs back, although it did take me a year.

I see SO many restarters here, which makes the whole maintenance phase a little discouraging. But I want to do it right this time, and I'm just wondering, for all of those who regained, how did you phase off? Did you follow all the phases correctly, or just jump back in? Also, are there any maintainers out there who did it the right way and can preach that it works?

I have already lost 10lbs in my restart, and I'm doing great! I just want to make sure I keep it off this time.

Thanks all!
TBCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:57 PM   #2  

I'm restarting, not because of a gain but because I phased off prior to getting to goal due to medical reasons.

Even with a phase-off, one won't stay at goal unless one stays on P4. Formerly overweight people have more difficult time maintaining weight than those who haven't experienced being overweight or obese. For this reason, either careful monitoring & using p1 days after a fun day or reboots are necessary.

I phased off 2 weeks p2 & 2 weeks p3.
I will do that again for my phase off when I get to goal.

There is a maintainer thread where you can read & see successful maintainers

Last edited by lisa32989; 08-01-2014 at 03:59 PM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:54 PM   #3  
Ideal Protein 5/20/14

S/C/G: 204/195/130

Height: 5'4"

This my third time on IP. The first time I maintained within a few pounds without phasing off for about a year. Once I started working nights I lost focus and gained weight. The second time I completely went off and started back with bad behaviors.

This time I have a very good health coach that I plan on going to see at least once a month in maintenance. I plan on phasing off correctly and working on the emotional and mental issues with weight loss.

I also plan to exercise often in maintenance. I have many health issues such as hashimotos, pcos, prediabetic that seem to go into hibernation with this diet. I need to follow a low carb diet for life to maintain my health.
Kristin135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:17 AM   #4  
Start 3/8/15

S/C/G: 150/119/120

Height: 5'5"

I did 2 weeks of phase 2 and 2 weeks of phase 3. It worked beautifully when I did p4 as written. My emotional issues got the best of me later...leading to my regain. Good luck to us this go around!!
FitMom02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:20 AM   #5  
Start 3/8/15

S/C/G: 150/119/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin135 View Post
This my third time on IP. The first time I maintained within a few pounds without phasing off for about a year. Once I started working nights I lost focus and gained weight. The second time I completely went off and started back with bad behaviors.

This time I have a very good health coach that I plan on going to see at least once a month in maintenance. I plan on phasing off correctly and working on the emotional and mental issues with weight loss.

I also plan to exercise often in maintenance. I have many health issues such as hashimotos, pcos, prediabetic that seem to go into hibernation with this diet. I need to follow a low carb diet for life to maintain my health.
Hi Kristin! I can totally relate to your story! One question for you...is there a difference in the rate in which you are losing this time around? Just wondering if its coming off as fast this time around. Thanks for sharing!
FitMom02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

EVERYONE should read post #19 in the thread I Am So Disappointed... It encapsulates EXACTLY what the original poster of this thread is wondering!!

It is not this diet, it is any diet... The weight will ONLY stay off for as long as you diligently work every day to keep it off by managing every food choice you make and understand exactly how your body will react to what you are eating. That is a universal truth and stands completely apart from how you lost the weight!

Restarters are just learning and relearning how to manage food more effectively.

Now. Go read that post... REALLY!
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #7  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

I didn't phase off. I just went full throttle into my love hate relationship with food. I am finding P1 easier this time around though.
jemma51 is offline   Reply With Quote