Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 07:18 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Kooky- back to school shopping is easier, I order it and it fits I think I might be heading to the Drs. tomorrow, things do not appear to be getting better without pre. meds.

I am sure that you are excited about getting back to your new home. Time to nest a little and explore. Not to mention cuddle Suki.
I hope the doctor figures out what's wrong and gives you some good drugs.

I'm excited to do all of the above: nest, explore, and cuddle Suki. I have a feeling he's not going to be very friendly to me when I first pick him up from the vet where he's boarding for the two weeks. He usually bounces back and forgives me within a day or two after I return from a trip.

Another day of training...hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-19-2014, 09:38 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Thought this quote applied to us all!

Tag sale tomorrow. Have a terrible cold and TOM. What does kill us, makes us stronger. I need some strength!
What a great and very appropriate quote, Slipfree! I do not give up even though my journey has been often detoured; yet I know when I reach goal, I am NOT DONE. Dealing with "real food" on a daily basis without the support of the easy IP structure will be an incredible challenge for me.

As Lisa often reminds us, with great truth, obesity is a life long disease we all face. Just because we may reach goal does not mean we are done. Those little squirrels running around our mind agitating emotions will always be there. We must master those emotions to master our weight and health.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:47 PM   #63  
Started IP Sept. 24, 2013

S/C/G: 378/315/190

Height: 5'6"

WI today with a loss of 3 pounds after a month of nothing. I have started going to the gym to start building some muscle back and have attributed the long stall to that. Anyway, it feels good especially since we are leaving on a week long trip to Virginia to see the great grandson and haven't seen him & my grandson & wife since May 1. I'm hoping that all restaurants will be friendly & that I can stay on track. With only 24 pounds to my goal there is light at the end of the tunnel finally, and I don't want to mess it up. (Been there - done that).
Reading this thread is very motivating so I am taking my iPad with me. I noticed that in a little over a month it will be a year of I.P. dieting. That is really amazing to me.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:52 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Peppergirl....where in VA are you going to be? I am in Northern VA. Have a good trip
Old 08-19-2014, 03:01 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi y'all,

Woke up today to cold sores . Guess my body is insisting on some rest before school starts again.

Schenectady, I think it is when we give in "to the all or nothing mentality", we are in trouble. The idea that we are done when we hit goal is just not true. All the stages are hard in their own way. I think all of us are aware that returning to our past food behavior on a regular basis will earn our old bodies back.

Peppergirl- yay for the 3 pound loss and hitting the gym. I know that you can stick to it on your trip. Do your best to plan ahead and most of all- enjoy your family.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:35 PM   #66  

Peppergirl- Congratulations on the WI and getting all of that exercise in. Hope you have a great trip to VA. Traveling on IP can be difficult, but bring your packets and bars and that's half the battle. Restaurants can be tricky too, but looking at menus ahead of time helps.

Schenectady- I agree we are not done when we hit goal. In many ways maintenance is trickier than the other phases with so many choices. At least there's P1 to help us lose regained weight or repent after the fun day, but I'm not crazy about buying IP products the rest of my life. I can't wait to get back home to get back into a regular pattern of preparing most of my meals and losing any weight I've gained in TX. I guess I'm included in the saying "everything's bigger in TX." I don't have a scale to verify...just a hunch. Trying to do as much damage control and repair as possible before I have access to a scale. I did a P1 day today and feel decent.

Slipfree- ugh I hate getting cold sores! Get some medicine on those and rest dang it! I mean that in the nicest of ways. :-)
Old 08-19-2014, 09:08 PM   #67  

Kooky, you are funny. I have been resting for the past two days. Getting my hair done tomorrow and going to breakfast-need a little fun before summer ends.

Having a lobster dinner on Fri. at a friend's house. Now that says, summer!

You will take care of your UP pounds when you get home, I have no doubt at all about that
Old 08-19-2014, 10:22 PM   #68  

Quote:
Kooky, you are funny. I have been resting for the past two days. Getting my hair done tomorrow and going to breakfast-need a little fun before summer ends.

Having a lobster dinner on Fri. at a friend's house. Now that says, summer!

You will take care of your UP pounds when you get home, I have no doubt at all about that
Sounds like a nice low key, but fun week you have planned. I agree- having fun before summer is over is probably good medicine.

Thanks for having faith in me. Some P1 days when I get back won't kill me, plus I can get some exercise unpacking/setting up my new place and exploring my new surroundings.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:52 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Schenectady: your words really hit home. Obesity will be a life long struggle for me. I now know other diets didn't wrk because I always went back to my old ways, I am smarter this time around! Lol

Slip: hope you feel better soon. Lobster dinner sounds like a great end to summer! Enjoy.

Peppergirl: Great WI! Also good job getting to the gym, it is not always easy to get motivated to do it. Keep going, I am sure you will get great results. Have a great trip.

Kooky: once you get home I am sure you will get right back on track. Hang in there. Think of all the exercise you can get exploring your new neighborhood!

I have been doing terrible, some days I am op and other days I am not. Life has gotten busy with lots of unexpected travel and me not being able to cook my own food. It is TOM this week and has made me not care on some days, which I know is not an excuse. I am not looking forward to WI tomorrow but I will do it and report it here. The bright side is I have been jogging every other day, hopefully that will help with WI.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:18 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Well the scale was VERY kind this morning, I am down 2.2lbs!! That was such a surprise. I am still .4lbs up from before my friend visit but I am working on that this week. 10.6lbs away from my ultimate goal weight, I think I can get there before Oct. What do you think? Hope everyone has a great day today.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:06 PM   #71  

Want2b, glad the scale was kind As for reaching your goal by Oct., I believe you can do anything you set your mind to do.

Hair is done! I went boot shopping. Irritating that I still needed a wide calf boot for my huge muscle calves. Oh well.

Now, I need a nap from all my running around.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:33 PM   #72  

Yay Want2Be! I bet you can lose 10 lbs in P2 before October. Good luck! We're here to support you. I feel you on the TOM issue. Mine is really awful this month and I'm training in a classroom setting at my new job. It's hard to be at my best when I'm feeling this badly.

Day two of P1 to make up for poor eating on this trip. With my coworkers wanting to go every unhealthy restaurant possible and TOM, the temptations are there, but I'm putting my health first. Tonight I drove my coworkers to their sandwich shop where they got big, cheesy sandwiches, chips, cookies, and milkshakes/smoothies and just stayed in the car while they did takeout. Then I dropped them off at the hotel and went and got a manicure and a healthy dinner. I'm not letting people who have no regard for their health make my food decisions. The places they pick literally have nothing healthy. I'm counting down the days until I get home and get a break from people.

I'm so cranky and drained, but proud that I'm not eating those feelings. Even at the kabob place I went there were big chocolate chip cookies. They looked so good, but I resisted because I'd rather look and feel good than eat garbage.

Last edited by KookySuki; 08-21-2014 at 07:25 AM.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:00 PM   #73  
Started IP Sept. 24, 2013

S/C/G: 378/315/190

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCCILOVE View Post
Peppergirl....where in VA are you going to be? I am in Northern VA. Have a good trip
The kids live in Virginia Beach. I hear it's beautiful there. I haven't traveled much and am very excited to see it.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:56 PM   #74  

Kooky- way to stay strong! It is tough to deal with people constantly, but it will be over before you know it. Will these people be in your new office in CA?

It is hard for people that are not on the plan to understand, they just do not get it. But, your choices tonight show that you have really made changes to your life and that you are able to take care of you. Bravo!
Old 08-21-2014, 01:43 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by KookySuki View Post
Yay Want2Be! I feel you on the TOM issue. Mine is really awful this month and I'm training in a classroom setting at my new job. It's hard to be at my best when I'm feeling this badly.

Day two of P1 to make up for poor eating on this trip. With my coworkers wanting to go every unhealthy restaurant possible and TOM, the temptations are there, but I'm putting my health first. Tonight I drove my coworkers to their sandwich shop where they got big, cheesy sandwiches, chips, cookies, and milkshakes/smoothies and just stated in the car while they did takeout. Then I dropped them off at the hotel and went and got a manicure and a healthy dinner. I'm not letting people who have no regard for their health make my food decisions. The places they pick literally have nothing healthy. I'm counting down the days until I get home and get a break from people.

I'm so cranky and drained, but proud that I'm not eating those feelings. Even at the kabob place I went there were big chocolate chip cookies. They looked so good, but I resisted because I'd rather look and feel good than eat garbage.
WTG!!! Nice work, KookySuki!
Have you ever considered that TOM may be in your favour right now, lol. You are feeling cranky, proud, and taking no crap from your co-workers re: food choices! Maybe that is where your strength to resist is coming from, hahahah! You are victorious! (*cue Rambo power music from movie*)

Liana
Closed Thread