Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 12:06 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Just want to say, I am enjoying your thread, guys, and identify with you even though I started in November and hit maintenance at the beginning of March. You all have such a positive vibe...keep it up!
I know you can 'ditch the dough,' schenctady! Hang in there!

Liana
Old 08-05-2014, 02:27 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Liana, we do not discriminate according to the starting month, we are glad that you joined us. We just keep the Oct. name so we can find each other.

The last few days have been challenging. Had some bad news and the pms continues. Ate 3 bars last night! Went today to the health food store and bought a number of products designed to help with the symptoms. I will let all of you know if any work.

It has been pretty quiet here, sure hope that means that everyone is out having fun and not struggling.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:43 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
The last few days have been challenging. Had some bad news and the pms continues. Ate 3 bars last night! Went today to the health food store and bought a number of products designed to help with the symptoms. I will let all of you know if any work.
I have been using Vitex by WomenSense (bottled & distributed by Preferred Nutrition in Ontario Canada) in the morning - 1 pill with breakfast every day. It has Vitex agnus-castus (Chasteberry) fruit extract but is not to be taken with black cohosh or evening primrose. You must use it at least 3 months regularly to see effects. I think it works for me - now I only get a 3 day cheese fiend, sore nipples, rage instead of much longer, lol.
Let us know how it goes with your supplements....
I'm seriously looking forward to real menopause!

Liana
Old 08-05-2014, 07:02 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hey there;
Just checking in. Had a great long weekend of biking,hiking and kayaking. Beautiful weather! My poor legs are so sore. They aren't used to the mountain biking and walking down a mountain, crazy how you use different muscles. Hope to get rid of this water retention from the heat and travel and eating off plan. So, back OP today and drinking lots of water. I hate PMS Slip, I feel like I could eat and eat and never be full. I try and stay hydrated and have the IP friendly foods around to help. Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-06-2014, 12:13 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Schenectady- I hope the cookie challenge went well! I think your visualization of yourself at your son's wedding is a powerful motivator.

Liana- I like when you check in with us! We're by no means an exclusive group.

Slipfree- I'm sorry to hear your having a tough week with PMS and bad news. Sending you my positive thoughts and I hope you find a remedy that helps.

Hawaii- Your weekend sounds awesome! With all of that physical activity your body is probably hanging on to that water like crazy. I've heard to drink more water when you're bloated...sounds very counterintuitive, but maybe there's truth to it.

I can't believe I move on Friday morning. I've gotten a good amount of stuff done to prepare, but still need to work hard the next two days to be ready. I also need to go shopping and get some new work clothes for my new job I start next Monday. I'm spending two weeks in Dallas for training in the HQ, so I need to find cute, professional clothing to bring. I have a few things to bring, but definitely need some more mix and match pieces to bring.

Today was my last day at work. It was surreal. I've been so stressed out and dissatisfied with this job for a long time that I haven't been able to fully appreciate friends and nice people at work. It felt good today that people cared I was leaving and were really kind. The work environment has become so toxic there that sometimes everyone is in a bad mood and I forget about the good people I've gotten to know. I'm going out to lunch with a few work friends tomorrow and happy hour with a couple of friends tomorrow night. I know I'm doing the right thing with the new job and moving, but the sadness of goodbyes is starting to hit me. I just need to take it easy on myself and allow myself to feel the variety of emotions and not try to numb them with food. That is a challenge. I just need to take this day by day...lots going on.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:02 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

I did make three batches of cookies yesterday, including a hard-to-resist Reese's Cup, peanut butter and chocolate chip bar. My best weapons, other than visually the dress I have to get into, is a HUGE bowl of hot soapy water into which I very very quickly throw all the spoons, bowls, etc so that my feeble little mind cannot even entertain the thought of licking, or worse eating, any of the yummies.

Wrap when cool in multiple layers of foil and I am not tempted to sneak tastes from around the edges.

The Reese's bar cookies are going up to the framing crew working on our new house - keep those guys happy for straight and sound walls!
Old 08-06-2014, 10:34 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Slip: Sorry you got bad news and PMS is being a pain. Great job tackling the closet, sometimes that is a huge project.

Hawaii: sounds like a fun weekend with lots of exercise, good for you. Nothing like exercise and the outdoors to put a smile on our faces.

Kooky: Hope your move goes well. Try to take a few moments for yourself, maybe that will decrease the stress.

Schenectady: great job on not eating or licking anything. The workers will get way more pleasure out of them then you will anyway.

Got to my friends house yesterday. They were pretty surprised with how I looked. It was nice to see their reactions. Looking forward to a great friend visit and some pool time.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:38 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2bskinnyagain View Post
Slip: Sorry you got bad news and PMS is being a pain. Great job tackling the closet, sometimes that is a huge project.

Hawaii: sounds like a fun weekend with lots of exercise, good for you. Nothing like exercise and the outdoors to put a smile on our faces.

Kooky: Hope your move goes well. Try to take a few moments for yourself, maybe that will decrease the stress.

Schenectady: great job on not eating or licking anything. The workers will get way more pleasure out of them then you will anyway.

Got to my friends house yesterday. They were pretty surprised with how I looked. It was nice to see their reactions. Looking forward to a great friend visit and some pool time.
I sometimes think those reactions are things on which I can "feed" much better than real food! Congratulations!
Old 08-06-2014, 10:50 AM   #24  

Schenectady- Amazing NSV at being able to bake yummy treats for the contractors without a bite! You're going to be back to your pre-off plan weight (if you're not already) in no time and then you'll keep going towards goal. You're almost there!

Want2B- I bet you look great! It always feels good when people notice your transformation. Enjoy your pool time and break from puppy training!
Old 08-06-2014, 11:23 AM   #25  

Hi everyone,

Sounds like everyone is busy! Friend visits must be the theme because I saw two of my closest friends yesterday. One lives away during the summer, so it was really fun to catch up with all of her news.

Kooky- Wow, the move is Friday! I am so happy that your work friends are sending you off with celebration. Hope you have fun shopping for your new clothes. Such a wonderful adventure!!!

Want2b- I am glad that your friends were in awe of your transformation. Pool time sounds like fun.

Schenectady- way to go on the cookie challenge! For me, that would be tempting the beast, lol.

Today, my cousin, his wife and child are flying in for a visit. He is a television actor and has been filming in Chicago. Quick visit but it will be great to see them.

Hope that you all have a wonderful OP day.

Last edited by Slipfree; 08-06-2014 at 11:24 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:37 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Morning all! Hope everyone has a great OP day. I got my food in from Nashua. It came in in one day!! I was so shocked! So far everything has been good, and I'm still steadily losing. Went for a weigh in at my center, and found out I have 13 visits left, and in talking to my coach, he said that because I'm smooth sailing, I can come in once a month, and not "get disqualified" which was my concern. When you sign up with them, you sign a contract saying you will eat their food, and deviating from it is reason for "failing out" of the protocol. Just didn't want to waste money!

Things have been going ridiculously well for me, I'm not quite sure where it's all come from, but this year on my birthday nothing tragic happened!! The past three years before that, my cousin died the day before my birthday, my kitty died (on my birthday.. She was only 5, and it wasn't expected), and I was in a car accident. Today I go to court for said car accident, and I'm a bit nervous, but I have everything together in my head. I'm rambling on and on, sorry!!

It's so nice to read on how everyone is handling the maintenance aspects of life:

Kooky: best wishes at your new position, glad that you were able to see the good in the people that are in the same toxic stew you've been in.

Slip: cheers for a good visit with the family! Sorry to hear you've been struggling with the "cankles" and bloating.. That's never good!

Schenectady: Awesome, amazing high fives for your willpower and soapy water strategy re:cookies!! You did it!!!!
Old 08-08-2014, 11:43 AM   #27  

Hi everyone,

Off to buy a used cricut machine, need it to decorate bulletin boards. Later, dinner out for my "free" day.

Kawaii, super cute haircut.

Kooky, hope the move is going well!

Gorgeous weather here! Going to be a great weekend.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:19 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hello all:

Am having a good week. The scale is moving down which makes me happy. Its been a super busy week for me but working at staying away from that sugar and drinking my water. This week is one where I am not feeling very hungry so I go with it because I have those weeks of starving. I believe its hormones especially now that I'm in my mid 40's. I try and deal with the hungries as they come and in a good way! Maintenance is a work in progress that I'm determined to win! Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 08-08-2014, 09:52 PM   #29  

Hawaii, I am so with you! I am in my 40's too. Those hormones are a bugger, but my determination to win the fat war has not wavered. Really fun free dinner tonight, Phase 1 tomorrow. Tried to have dessert tonight. Really did not love it, so I did not eat it. Things they are a changing

Really glad that you had an easy week with the hungries. I really think the key is a good distribution of protein types. I really stay closer to my goal weight when I incorporate red meat (not my preference) into my weekly menu.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:24 PM   #30  

Kawaii- Happy Belated Birthday! I'm glad nothing bad happened...sorry the past three were so brutal. I hope you have many more happy birthdays! Congratulations on your continued losses and you look great!

Slipfree- I'm glad enjoyed your IP free day, even though it's tough to call it a "free day" because you had to go to work and start setting up for the school year. My mom is a retired teacher, do I remember when she'd have to start doing the back to school stuff. I usually got dragged along and was pretty useless most of the time. When does school start?

Hawaii- Keep fighting the good fight! Maintenance is tough because eating something that's permitted or on a free day can trigger hunger. I've been doing a lot of the meal replacement shakes, some P1 days, some free days. I've kind of been all over the place because I've been in the process of moving. I've been maintaining my weight though, so I'm happy.

I'm officially moved into my new place and love it. I had a pretty busy week seeing friends, packing, and clothes shopping for my new job. I got some cute work outfits, but would like to buy a few more pieces before I leave TOMORROW for my training for two weeks My move went well yesterday, but packing was exhausting. I only got 4 hours of sleep on Thursday night because I stayed up packing.

I woke up at 1:30 pm today! I haven't done that in a looong time. Fortunately my new town has stores that actually stay open late or just to normal hours. I just moved from a sleepy tourist town where most stores close at 6 or 7, other than grocery stores. I'm glad to rejoin the world where everything doesn't shut down at 6!

Last edited by KookySuki; 08-09-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Closed Thread