3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Thursday 7/31/2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/298250-ip-daily-chat-thursday-7-31-2014-a.html)

lisa32989 07-31-2014 07:21 AM

IP Daily Chat Thursday 7/31/2014

:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

Sgrealtor1 07-31-2014 07:32 AM

Good Morning Everyone...

Heading off to WI this morning. Feeling good and we will see if the scale matches my mood LOL...

Had a nice NSV yesterday. Went to use my $20 certificate at Avenue and I am actually comfortably in a lower size. So excited. Been 22/24 tops for so long I am thirlled that 18/20 fit. I did buy a bunch on clearance since I am really hopeful that next summer I will be smaller than that. Also got a cheap $12 bathing suit in the correct size so my stretched out one does not fall off on vacation LOL....

Will check back later if I can on my WI.

GraceRev 07-31-2014 08:19 AM

Way to go, sgrealtor1! Those are great NSV's! Hope your weigh-in is great.

nat1015 07-31-2014 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 (Post 5049151)
Good Morning Everyone...

Heading off to WI this morning. Feeling good and we will see if the scale matches my mood LOL...

Had a nice NSV yesterday. Went to use my $20 certificate at Avenue and I am actually comfortably in a lower size. So excited. Been 22/24 tops for so long I am thirlled that 18/20 fit. I did buy a bunch on clearance since I am really hopeful that next summer I will be smaller than that. Also got a cheap $12 bathing suit in the correct size so my stretched out one does not fall off on vacation LOL....

Will check back later if I can on my WI.

WTG! :carrot: These are great NSV!

lisa32989 07-31-2014 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 (Post 5049151)
Had a nice NSV yesterday. Went to use my $20 certificate at Avenue and I am actually comfortably in a lower size. So excited. Been 22/24 tops for so long I am thirlled that 18/20 fit. I did buy a bunch on clearance since I am really hopeful that next summer I will be smaller than that. Also got a cheap $12 bathing suit in the correct size so my stretched out one does not fall off on vacation LOL.....

Congrats on changing sizes! I've been in maintenance for most of the last year and can't wait for sizes to start changing again :)

I've learned to only buy clothing that fits NOW & not to attempt to project into the future. I "undergrew" items I thought would work later. Resale shops will become your friend as sizes begin changing FAST!

MarylandMom 07-31-2014 09:55 AM

Well, I didn't last on the Alternative Plan! I ate 2 out of the 3 "groups" on Monday, and I did not like how I felt at all. The dairy group caused my IBS symptoms to return with a vengeance after having completely disappeared on regular IP, and I was hungry all day. I decided to go back on regular Phase 1 and deal with the hair loss as long as possible. The hair loss is just temporary, but the fat loss is forever. I have about 35 more pounds to go, so if I continue staying 100% OP as I have been throughout, I may be able to shed the pounds before shedding the rest of my hair. It's a race...1, 2, 3...GO! :dizzy:

schenectady 07-31-2014 10:12 AM

Even though I am fighting back against about 8 pounds I have left to re-lose after my detour, I have a few warm NSV's yesterday that really bolstered my spirits and gave me some added momentum.

During my yearly visit to my regular eye doctor, one of the staff came into the examination room while I was waiting for the doctor. She said "I am relly embarrassed but I have to tell you this. I have to come in and check that it really is you - I did not recognize you when you came in. You are a completely different person!"

Then when the doctor came in, she was doing the exam and asked if I had a new haircut or hairdo because she thought I looked "extremely spunky". At my age, that was almost the ultimate compliment.

When I went to choose my new frames, the lady behind the desk called out to make sure I selected something kicky and spunky for the new me. I did!

evemomma 07-31-2014 10:27 AM

Lisa....I changed sizes much more drastically than what I anticipated also. I skipped size 10 almost altogether! Yes, dressing in the "now" is the right approach, even as I get into phasing off I know my body is going to keep changing - glycogen stores up but hopefully also muscle up as well!

Maryland Mom.....hope the fat wins by a hair....LOL! I have a lot of belly-ick that has been completely dormant since starting IP. I am very curious to see if I can isolate what may be some of my main culprits once i start eating a larger variety of foods!

Schenectday.....Those are AMAZING NSV's!!!!! I cannot wear contacts any longer due to an allergy....so I am always determined to get glasses that are fun and funky! If you are wanting a few extra pair, try a website called Zenni Optical where you can get adorable glasses for as little as $25 (depending on lens type, prescription, etc). I have 4 pair of glasses and will be getting more to keep up with my renewed self-esteem.

I need to get some more veggies today and mix it up a little! I'm feeling bored with my normal choices. Had leeks for the first time last week and LOVED them, so I will be on the lookout for them. Also, may see if I can get one of those Veggeti spiral peelers to make some zucchini pasta - maybe with some fresh roasted tomatoes and peppers on top? Mmmmmm...now I'm getting hungry!

Have a great day everyone!

JJTx 07-31-2014 10:33 AM

Great NSV's y'all!! Hope everyone has a great day :)

bcart1618 07-31-2014 10:45 AM

Not sure if this is from IP, but since lunch time yesterday, I've had a complete disinterest in food. I was bad and didn't get it my 2 cups at lunch, and didn't finish my protein for dinner (and forgot my dinner supplements). This morning I had to call in sick as I've had terrible stomach cramps all morning.
Hoping this is just a bug or something!

Congrats to everyone else for their NSV'S! You're all my inspiration!

CO_6 07-31-2014 10:50 AM

bcart- this sounds like the makings of keto flu, if so the pain and fatigue should subside within two days or so. Make sure to rest up!

westwillow 07-31-2014 11:04 AM

Sgrealtor1 and Schenectady: what great NSV's!! Congratulations!

I love moving down sizes too. Even when I know I have been losing, it is so wonderful, sometimes, to have that confirmed in some way. Accepting the compliments of others was hard for me, at first, but I've learned to just smile & say thank you :)

Evemomma: hurray for new veggies! I also like leeks - how did you prepare them? My favorite discovery is fennel - OMG!

Lisa: You may need to change your signature to reflect your new P1 status :D

rhondamarie 07-31-2014 12:03 PM

I have been trying to find what I can put in WATER to that would be ok on Ideal Protein. I was using true lemon and stevia (way to much stevia) I am not in keto because of the stevia. I tried finding info on internet but could not find it.
Thanks

Peppertree 07-31-2014 12:07 PM

Today is my 6 month IP anniversary, and I made it to 199. What a fantastic way to celebrate!

It just hit me what a change to under 200 means when I went to an online hydration calculator to see what my new recommended water intake is, and I didn't have to change the first digit in the drop-down to a "2". It is small thing, but very thrilling to me!

I feel like getting to 199 also marks a new beginning for me in phase 1. I am excited to continue to goal and will continue to rely on all the information I get from this board - I don't post much, but I read everyday. Thank you everyone!

sdhinds 07-31-2014 12:15 PM

Just a quick question. I am switching my lunch and dinner around today. I take my evening vitamins with lunch correct? Thanks :)