Old 09-20-2014, 07:31 PM   #316  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Jenny- Good luck with your 10 K ! No nap today. Errands to do.
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 07:57 PM   #317  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Evemomma - I am more than surprised to find myself having to agree with you...third day on P2 and I am really struggling to eat all the real protein at lunch. The first two days I wasn't hungry for dinner but today I was starving even having eaten the same lunch every day.

Jenny - I am practically your neighbour. I'm a little shy about posting too much personal info online about myself, but I live in Halton Region too. I hope the weather cooperates tmo.

Joysh - good for you for sticking with it. Reaching your goal will be worth it.

Ruthann - I'm glad your surgery went well.

Rosie - I love Vegas! And I am sure if I was there that I would overdo things to. Great that you jumped right back onto P1 when you got back.

I have had a few days in the last week where I have felt dizzy and weak. My legs feel all shaky. Today the hot shot didn't even seem to help. I remember when I got to this weight on WW (14 years ago!) the same thing happened. I kept thinking I was hypoglycaemic so I'd eat chocolate and drink a coke and then I never stopped! And at the time I found out my blood sugar was fine too.
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 08:05 PM   #318  

Chipndip, have you had your blood pressure checked? I had a few episodes like that due to my bp. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:25 PM   #319  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Chipndip, have you had your blood pressure checked? I had a few episodes like that due to my bp. Hope you feel better soon.
Only during regular check ups and it's always been fine. Next time this happens ill head to the pharmacy to check it.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:21 AM   #320  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Yay! Rosie is back.
Thanks Slipfree! It looks like you are making maintenance work for you. Good job!

I had a fun day yesterday. Went on a boat party and this morning, well... I'm feeling a little sorry for myself. But it's P1 day so i will be having the chocolate drink with coffee and lots and lots of water. I'm sure I will feel better for it even tho I want to pop to the breakfast diner instead!

I'm taking some training at work for some new starters this week and although I'm sure that I know the material, I have to run through it today just in case there is something that I need to research. I will take a walk as well in order to clear my head.

Tomorrow, I start a new fitness program of boot camps three times a week. It goes for six weeks and I have a feeling that I am going to be sore afterwards. But I definitely want to get stronger and tighten up my tummy so hopefully, this will help!

I hope everyone has a fabulous maintenance day!
RosiePosie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 04:44 PM   #321  

Rosie, you are right, a Phase 1 day after some drinks is tough but necessary. The thought of the day after has helped me hit the brakes, lol.

Quiet Sunday here. Should be doing some cleaning, but read a book instead. Also caught up on some sleep this morning. Preparing mentally for another busy week.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:07 AM   #322  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Happy Monday Maintainers!!!!!!

Slipfree....I hope you really did get a wonderful restorative weekend!

RuthAnn....Praying for continued healing for you! Miss you, Dear!

ChipnDip....Yeah, the massive amount of "real" protein on P2 was hard. One of my favorite tricks was making IP deviled-eggs: HB eggs, pull out the yolk and mix yolk with yellow mustard and some WF bacon ranch dressing (or anything SF that is creamy). Mix and spoon back in and sprinkle with paprika. Mmmmmmm.

Jenny....Let us know how your run went!

Liana....Sounds like you had a CRAZY weekend! Hopefully you get to rest up today!

I had a really nice weekend. I enjoyed another fun day yesterday (feeling brave, I'll post my fun day since Liana posted hers) and am actually only up .2 lbs from the previous day. Doing a P1 day today again....I really like starting off my work week with a P1 day because it's easy and I feel it keeps me in check.

We had a fun adventure yesterday of neighborhood shopping. We are planning to put our house on the market in the spring and want to have a realistic idea of where we are going next. We are quite crowded in our current house. We have a LOT of work ahead of us to get prepared but it was exciting to see what is out there!

Planning on some zumba and then yoga after I get my son off to school...and then off to take my daughter to gymnastics, clean the house, do laundry, finish billing for my business, get my son from the bus stop, and then take my son to karate....Busy busy busy!
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:05 AM   #323  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Evemomma, you do sound busy! It is a lot of work to get your house on the market. It also is very hard to get exercise in with getting kids off to school and afterschool activities. I love your posts..keep writing.

HawaiiL I hope you don't get any of those bugs going around. I do get frustated when either work or family interferes with exercise. This weekend I chose to be with my family which cut back exercise time. It is worth it.

I spent Sunday on a marathon cooking day. My husband helped. I am now ready for the week. I have been experimenting with Mamawellness recipes..like coconut flour pumpkin bread. I think I am wanting new things for breakfast.

Slipfree: You are so right about watching those students every minute. What always makes me smile is that they think we will not notice what they are doing.I am glad you like 7th grade.

Rosie: I did a boot camp also and found it really helped me stay on track. Welcome back!

Chipndip: I hope you figure this dizziness and feel better.

Joysh: Hang in there. One pound down is good.

Jenny, I hope that sore leg was Ok in the race.

Off for an early walk before school.

Last edited by Maile; 09-22-2014 at 09:09 AM.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:27 PM   #324  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hi Maintainers;

Your marathon cooking day sounds wonderful Maile. I need to plan something like that sometime.

I am just heading out to do zumba. I hope I won't be too sore. It always works different muscles. I'm looking forward to it though. Nice to do something different. I hope you all had a great Monday.
Hawaii69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:23 PM   #325  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Hello all,

Chipndip- nice to know we are neighbours and can weather the winter together. Hope your feeling better.

Maile - your Marathi. Cooking day sounds like a lot of work but worth it. Nice that your husband helps. I may need to try that this winter when things slow down a little.

Slip- are you reading anything good?

Eve- your day sounded busy but looks like you got your work out in which is great.

Rosieposie- your boot camp sounds like an intense program. Is it inside or out?

I did a new PB for 10.5km in 59:54. Started out slower to test the leg and it felt good, no knee pain at all. We got soaked tho, it started out with a slight drizzle and then the rain poured down. Oh well still fun and the sun was out at the end.
Did my first P1 today, some extra snacks this weekend and I think some salt weight. It felt good to go back to the IP food. I worried that I wouldn't be able to do it but it was fine.
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:11 PM   #326  

Maile, glad you had time with your family. Nice that your husband cooked with you.

Eve, shopping for a new neighborhood sounds fun. Nice motivation for getting all the work done to sell the house- at the end you will be in your new neighborhood.

Rosie, good luck with boot camp.

Hawaii, so wish I was coordinated enough to do Zumba, lol.

Jenny, on your personal best!! Just finished the book, Breakfast with Buddha. Thought provoking.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:47 PM   #327  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Slip: I'm so not coordinated but I move and am soaked from sweat at the end of the class. And I love the music but I don't have a clue what I'm doing! Lol!!

Jenny: Congrads on your personal best. I run too and would be very proud of that time! Good job! My goal is to be able to just run 10km.
Hawaii69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:23 PM   #328  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Boot camp was hard! It was a fitness test this morning which we will repeat at the end of the six weeks. The running part was outside, which sounds delightful if it wasn't for the close to 90 degrees heat. We did the burpees, squats, push-ups etc in the air conditioned room. Much nicer! It was so hard to get through it. At one stage, I just wanted to start crying.

If I haven't toned up at the end of the six weeks, then no amount of exercise is going to help with the wiggly jiggly bits!
RosiePosie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 01:24 AM   #329  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hello everyone... sounds like all have been very busy, first day of autumn today! Schedules ramp up!

I was pretty tired today... did dishes, went for my hair appointment (6 week cut), pulled out some sewing repairs to be done before I put my machine away again. I have a champagne coloured, very plain, satin long gown that is strapless that I want to punch up for an upcoming wedding Nov 15 - I want to put straps of some sort to hold up the bodice so I can boogie like a maniac and not have to be 'demure.' And add a little colour as well. The fabric I bought is asian brocade inspired in deep plums and gold. I will take before & afters and post. I got the dress in a $3.00 bag sale at the local thrift shop and was also able to stuff in a men's 2 pc suit in navy chalkstripe (worn once or twice?) that looks awesome on my hubby (just had to let the waist on the pants out a little - 15 minute job) and a cute short sleeved fitted turquoise stretch blouse.

I am slated to go to aquacize tomorrow at lunchtime... and I'd better do it because I missed my last meet-up with my friend (who is doing WW and going to aquacize too) last Friday class due to sleep after work on Thurs night. Besides, I bought a punch card so the money's been paid - I just need to "move it, move it!"

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 06:34 AM   #330  

Had another mild dizzy spell doing groceries on Sunday so did my blood pressure. It was 109 over 67 which is on the lower side, I think ( thanks for the suggestion slipfree). One cause of low blood pressure is dehydration. I remember when I worked with a naturopath she actually gave me pills to keep my hydration up as it didn't matter how much I drank, my levels didn't really change. My coach doesn't have a scale that does all the readings but I have a cheap on that tells me my water % and it was only 50 compared to my usual 54-56. My spells have always been on weekends and I know I am not as good with my water at home as I am at work. I'm going to try and do better with my water (and salt) and hope that is all it is.

Evemomma - I have been planning on making devilled eggs!

Jenny - I was thinking of you in that Sunday morning rain. We had some ugly thunder at home too.

Hawaii - I'm going to give Zumba a shot once I get to maintenance. Rosie - good for you for surviving bootcamp, I wouldn't make it through the class! Liana- I have been thinking of aquacize too but will start with a low intensity. I really haven't ever had a regular exercise regime. Walking my dog at a pretty brisk pace now though.

Kids are both sick with colds and I think it got me too! I can't remember the last time I've been sick. Definitely not since I started IP.