Old 09-18-2014, 05:38 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

I hit enter too soon! Grrr! hee hee

Jenny: I hear that naturalpaths don't like dairy and sugar too so its a good thing to not have. And I will have to try coconut yogurt, sounds delicious!

Eve: I'm with you on feeling perplexed sometimes! But, you have done great so far and will do great in maintenance. You seem like a very organized and determined person which is a great!

Chipndip: P2! Good for you! I kept losing in that phase.

Liana; Yes, you live in a beautiful and warm area. I am originally from B.C that is also very beautiful but definately cooler. I miss the lakes a lot but go back once in awhile as my parents still have a cabin there on a huge lake.

I live in northern Alberta so I'm soaking in all this beautiful weather. I love the fall when the weather is so nice. Tummy is feeling better so will continue staying away from the dairy and sugar. Have a great day everyone!
Hawaii69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:38 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hawaii, I do not turn on the heat until Nov. 2 (my bday). So, I am shopping for an electric blanket! Cuz, I hate cold feet too!
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:40 PM   #288  

Slip: That electric blanket sounds like a great idea! I might have to invest in one soon too!!
Old 09-18-2014, 05:53 PM   #289  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Hawaii, I do not turn on the heat until Nov. 2 (my bday). So, I am shopping for an electric blanket! Cuz, I hate cold feet too!
This made me think of a funny story...my hubby and I were on a poorly insulated apartment as newlyweds with HUGE heating bills. So we decided to see how long we could go one fall/winter. Made it nearly to Thanksgiving (Late Nov in US ) when I started getting these "blood blisters" on the tips of my toes that hurt terribly. Podiatrist said it was vasculitis from restricted blood flow often found in seriously ill elderly or smokers...and thought I was quite the fool when he realized mine was from our cold apartment!

Now I have to ge careful to keep my to toes warm or i'll get a vasculitis flare up. Ah the insanity of youth!
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:05 PM   #290  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

I went completely without dairy for a while - boy, was that hard! But found out most of my issues were with gluten. Now I don't drink milk, or use butter (except once in a blue moon), but I do use yogourt and cheese since they are pre-digested by enzymes and bacteria. They don't seem to clog me up with mucous like regular milk does. Anytime a recipe calls for milk I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk instead. I used to use Rice Dream, which I like the flavour of, but it is quite high in calories and carbs.

evemomma: I thought you were going to say that you burnt the tips of your toes on your electric blanket, lol. We have an electric blanket we use to pre-heat the bed for an hour before we go to bed, then we turn it off when we turn in. It's not on the bed yet, since we just turned our furnace on at the beginning of this week. The furnace mainly just runs in the morning at 6 am to get the temp up to 20C then is off for the rest of the 24 hours.
I have a 'thing' about electrical appliances overtoasting me in the night. I know - weird... Just the same as I have a 'thing' about not putting my legs under a picnic table (except for our own in the yard)... it creeps me out.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:44 AM   #291  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone. All went well, just a bit more sore than I expected (ok, it hurts!). I expect it should start easing up here soon.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:14 AM   #292  
maintaining since 9/2013

Glad to hear you are doing well Ruth Ann & hoping you feel comfortable asap

Last edited by mars735; 09-19-2014 at 08:15 AM.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:15 AM   #293  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Thanks for all the good wishes everyone. All went well, just a bit more sore than I expected (ok, it hurts!). I expect it should start easing up here soon.
So happy to hear Ruth Ann! You'll be all healed up soon and rearin to go!
Old 09-19-2014, 09:31 AM   #294  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Didn't believe me, huh? Or did I downplay it?
Glad you're on the mend.
I'm pretty sure I slept in my recliner for at least two weeks with my arms propped up on pillows on both sides. It took a while before I was comfortable laying in my bed again
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:17 AM   #295  
Evemomma

Welcome back RuthAnn! I think it's almost impossible to prepare for pain after surgery. You just make sure you don't overdo it and keep up with your pain meds (and stool softeners)....no need to be a hero!

I am about to go to the dentist and get two old fillings replaced. I really detest going to get work done on my teeth....ugh. Planning a nice protein shake (er, Starbucks skim no sugar Frappucino with protein powder added) for lunch! Have not had a Starbucks since on IP....so I looked up their menu. Probably would've been nice to know about the light frappucinos BEFORE I downed one at 500 calories several times a week, for too many years, lol!

Anyway, thinking I will have a soup or chili for dinner.

Feeling sore today since I did my first round of yoga yesterday. I enjoyed the relaxation element of it....but got frustrated at my lack of flexibility. I used to do pilates, I may have to dig out my old DVDs. I am finding it VERY hard to get to the gym with my current schedule.

I'll check in later!!!
Old 09-19-2014, 12:56 PM   #296  

Yaaay Ruth Ann, you're back! Like evemomma says - take your drugs! (ps... that goes for you too, evemomma - dental is never fun.)
Old 09-19-2014, 01:13 PM   #297  
Evemomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Yaaay Ruth Ann, you're back! Like evemomma says - take your drugs! (ps... that goes for you too, evemomma - dental is never fun.)
Thanks Liana...

Just got home with a BIG headache! And my dentist accidentally cut my lip....yeouch! Despite my "big mouth" attitude, I actually have a small mouth and really get uncomfortable with dental work. I am also paying for poor dental caer in my childhood....so thankful things will be much better for my kiddos!

No "good meds" for me....but I did take 600mg Ibuprofin and decided against diving into a lot of administrative work that I need to do for my business or even doing some yoga.

I am instead thoroughly enjoying my skim frappacino with extra protein powder as I can put the straw in my not-numb side and suck away. I think soup for dinner will be perfect.

Off to post my menu from yesterday....
Old 09-19-2014, 01:20 PM   #298  

Hey all! RuthAnn, I hope your recovery goes well and you take good care of yourself. That was a super speedy surgery (from time scheduled to execution). Hugs to you.

Candadjineh...I have been back in maintenance for two weeks now and have really separated my carbs and fats and have not noticed any gains. Staying right around 130-132. Sigh...big relief. Wish I would have done that almost two years ago then I could have spared myself some painful reboots. Today I am doing phase 1 as I ate really good all day yesterday but indulged in two PB cookies and a few sweets in the evening during my leadership class. It was not anything over the top but I still really want to just keep in totally in check. My mom is visiting for the weekend and she is finishing up a reboot so I may just stay on phase 1 with her until Monday.

On another note, I am interviewing for two jobs on Monday. Most of you know I have been having a hard time with my current job (mainly supervisor) and it seems like I could have some new opportunities on the horizon.

Hi Mars. How are you?

Eve...my husband and I live in a 1908 Bungalow and we still have the original windows...BEAUTIFUL BUT FREEZING! I literally walk around with several layer of socks and have electric throw blankets all over the house. I am not a fan of cold Denver winters but I love spring, summer, and fall.

Have a weeks worth of catching up on here to do.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying their Friday.
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 01:33 PM   #299  

And a happy late birthday to Mailie! I hope your new year is going awesome!
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 01:39 PM   #300  

eandc2006: I hope you get your great new job... and don't have to move out of your heritage home to another location due to work. I love old houses, but they are a real pain to keep up at heritage status with old windows! I'm glad the strict dissociation is working so well for you. I'll bet you probably don't even need to do a whole day of P1 just from the snackies 'funmeal.' Not that I'm discouraging you... you know your body best - do what you feel works.

Liana