Old 09-15-2014, 09:22 AM   #256  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday Maintainers!

Welcome ChipnDip! P2 is a bit of a challenge....well it was to me because it mostly just felt like I was giving up a packet I liked and adding more meat that I didn't really like. Hang in there!

Had my very first Free Day (I don't like calling it a Cheat Day because it's written into the P4 protocol)! It was fairly anticlimatic, but there were a few things I had been looking forward to. Having kiddos and being responsible for their food has been a challenge a times. I have tried to be "good sport" about the family's desires, but we have not done several things since I started IP: had 'sweet rolls' for breakfast, gone out for frozen custard (frozen custard is THE thing around here), and dined at our favorite pizza place. So, that was all on the agenda. We also went for a "samples" walk through Sam's club. Woudn't you know, grilled salmon, fresh grapes, colored peppers, turkey and tomatoes were what we ate.....awesome!

I added extra protein yesterday since I felt that this would help my body balance out the extra fat/carbs. All in all, my stomach did much better than I anticipated. I did not over eat any of my treats....really found that a bite or two of most would have been enough for me (well, I really like my greek pizza!).

As other's mentioned, I think one free Meal is really mostly what I will do, because I really enjoy how I eat now! But I think I need to prove to myself that a day of indulgence really can be fine with a strict day of P1 afterward. I am looking forward to my P1 day mostly because I woke up to my TOM and feel quite crampy - so little prep for meals today sounds good.

I am up a pound from my free day (but who knows really with TOM?). I guess I'll see how my body does this whole week!

Here's a question, I want to move away from the soy of EAS shakes. What other RTD shakes do you use?

Take care all and blessings!

Last edited by evemomma; 09-15-2014 at 09:25 AM.
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:29 AM   #257  
Evemomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Morning ladies and Jhep,

Malie - glad you enjoyed your bday weekend.

Ruth Ann - sounds like your are trying your best to let go of the stress before your surgery and your right, everything will be ok. Will be sending positive thoughts on Wednesday.

Eve- 210 cal does not seem like too much of a meal replacement for maintanance. It's true tho about needing to have something. I have grabbed the IP pack in P2 for lunch when rushed and that wasn't enough cal. I'm trying to cook more on weekends now.

I've dropped 2lbs over the weekend, maybe my scale is broken. I'm eating more than before. Oh well I'm sure it will settle soon. Clearly not a big problem.
Jenny.....

We are still eating low cal enough that the body wants to lose. At times phasing off, I have been as low 8 pounds under my stopping goal...yippee! But I have been cycling up and down about 3 lbs with 127 being my low and 130 my high. I am perfectly happy there and would like 135 to be my "danger line" instead of my goal.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:54 PM   #258  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Thanks everyone!

evemomma, it's called FUN day and I am definitely having a slice of pizza for my first one too! That has been the hardest to serve to my family, however Liana has mentioned that it fits breakfast protocol so it might just be happening on P3 for me. Sounds like you enjoyed your day and that one pound will be gone by lunch!

In terms of P2, I will have no problem with the change at lunch as I am a definite meat eater! It is when I have to lose my lemon wafer that I may struggle a bit!!

Good luck on Wednesday Ruthann. I hope you have shopping spree planned to Victorias Secret after your recovery. I wonder whether you will get the "did you get a haircut?" Question with this body change??
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 01:50 PM   #259  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Good luck on Wednesday Ruthann. I hope you have shopping spree planned to Victorias Secret after your recovery. I wonder whether you will get the "did you get a haircut?" Question with this body change??
Nah...they'll think she's taller without that weight pulling her forward!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 01:55 PM   #260  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Best Wednesday wishes, Ruth Ann! Don't fuss too much about all the stuff-to-do on your list; if hubs can't do it, it'll still be around for when you can move & lift a bit. BUT, don't push it!

You probably will be taller, just able to stand up straighter without the pain!
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:48 PM   #261  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHep View Post
canadjineh: THAT'S the reason I'm reworking myself. For comments like that! hehehehe

Actually, I really am on v5.0 (gonna be 50 next month) and I've got a list of self-improvements that I've procrastinated into a big pile. I'm working my way through them more or less in order.
  1. Lose the extra weight - done
  2. Learn to cook well - in progress (cooking classes pending)
  3. Get in healthy shape - pending surgery recovery
  4. Learn to play guitar - in progress for about a year now (LOVE my acoustic)
  5. Practice Yoga regularly - see "get in healthy shape" above
  6. Learn Salsa Dancing - same as above
  7. Find a woman - yep, it's all a marketing campaign

Glad to see I've selected at least one good thing on my list.

Oh, so regarding snacks... I shouldn't have eaten that entire box of double-stuff Oreos with ice cold milk? Hmmm. I might have to rethink my approach. :-P
I have to say I would love to learn to salsa dance too! I know you posted that awhile ago but I am just getting back into the forums, realized I needed to be here EVERYDAY, even if I only have five minutes to spare.

Started reading this thread because maintaining is where I lost it last year. I had fired my coach because she always thought I (and all her clients) were lying to her. Needing to figure out some concrete measurements to start with and this thread has already helped so much. Thanks you Ladies and Gent. Will be following you as we go forward.
MntRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:52 PM   #262  
Evemomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Thanks everyone!

evemomma, it's called FUN day and I am definitely having a slice of pizza for my first one too! That has been the hardest to serve to my family, however Liana has mentioned that it fits breakfast protocol so it might just be happening on P3 for me. Sounds like you enjoyed your day and that one pound will be gone by lunch!

In terms of P2, I will have no problem with the change at lunch as I am a definite meat eater! It is when I have to lose my lemon wafer that I may struggle a bit!!

Two pieces of pizza here....its was, after all, my FUN day! But my hubby nicely obliged to eat the remaining (how kind of him ) so we didn't have any leftovers looking at me today from the fridge.

You can still have your lemon wafer on any phase! I have gotten off all IP products because of cost but still do shakes/quest bars as they are healthy sources of protein.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:12 PM   #263  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Eve, I usually go up 1-2 pounds after fun day/ meal. Mostly sodium water weight, but I follow it with a low carb phase 1 day routinely. Glad you had fun!

ChipandDip, welcome to the next phase. I am with Eve about phase 2- hated it! Too much meat for me. But it is over in no time at all, with phase 3 breakfast to look forward to.

Ruth Ann, sending happy and healing thoughts your way. Breathe in calm, breathe out anxiety.

Mnt Rose, information is power.

Jenny, I lost in both Phase 2 and 3. No worries, maybe your body needed a bit more food for it to let go of the weight. Especially with all your exercise.
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:06 PM   #264  
Evemomma

Slipfree...

Hope you are starting off this week well! I know you said you are working on stress relief as a new goal....how is that going?

I took a Tai Chi class many years ago and LOVED the calming effects it gave me (was working for a social service agency at the time with people who had serious needs).

I am still trying to find my groove with exercising....such a challenge to fit in between being a mom and owning my own business! Today, my 4 year-old and I did "Zumba" off YouTube, lol! I had a lot of fun, think this may work for me on the days I can't get to the gym!!!!

Having an easy-peasy P1 day here, I have not been hungry and all and love revisiting the simplicity of this phase. Pretty easy not to cheat when you know it's just one day! I love the concept of Fun day followed by P1.....gets your brain back in the game
Old 09-15-2014, 07:40 PM   #265  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Eve,

I teach 7th graders. The land of hormones and drama, lol! In the past, I turned to pints of ice cream for stress relief. I have been trying meditation instead, because I struggle with winding down in time to get enough sleep. I just finished a book for my book club, called Breakfast with Buddha. In the book, the author talks about our minds being cloudy from choosing anything in excess. He talks about using meditation to let go of food cravings too all in a fictional book. Made me wish that I had read it during Phase 1!

Phase 1 for me tomorrow because Mom came up for an end of summer in the garden and vino was enjoyed.

I would not mind trying Zumba in my home. I do not have the coordination gene and hate to exercise in front of other people. I am scary!
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:23 PM   #266  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Eve- love the term fun day/meal and your right it is allowed and encouraged so definitely not a cheat. Sounds like you did well and got right back to P1 no problem.

Slipfree- ug, 7th graders, that must be exhausting and I'm sure have some entertaining moments. It seems the drama really ramps up around gr 7 for kids and then lasts till high school is done. I tried Zumba and just about sprained my ankle, a great workout tho. Good to hear that you also lost P2 P3, I think your right. Maybe my body needed a bit more or just something different. I foresee things settling in the next few days.

I have been forgetting to add the extra protein powder for after the gym, still need to work on planning and go to Costco to buy an cheaper alternative.

Have a good night
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 12:38 AM   #267  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hoping to get back to aquacize again tomorrow... the pool has been closed for annual maintenance for the past 3 weeks and previous to that I was just busy with other stuff and it went by the boards

I hope I get a good sleep tonight... DH brought me Sleepytime Vanilla Tea to sip by the campfire while we looked at the stars. Very enjoyable evening after dinner.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:52 AM   #268  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Thanks guys for all the good wishes! And standing up straighter without pain is one of my goals! My knuckles drag the ground right now. And yes, someone might think I'm really 5'2"!

Glad you enjoyed your fun day evemomma!

Hope you got some sleep Liana - no sleep is no fun.

Post and run this a.m. - so much to get done.

Have a wonderful day!
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:09 AM   #269  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Hi all! Have been traveling for work and to see family. Disrupts the routine a bit but I'll get back into it. Also reading too much at night and not going to sleep

Good luck Ruth Ann. Hope all goes well with your surgery.

Happy belated birthday Maile.

Thanks to all who post your tips and struggles. I'm up a little bit more than I'd like with eating out and drinking more often. I'm also exercising more and finding that I'm hungrier more often. Trying to find the balance. I think I need to go back to the P3 breakfast. I had been doing a lighter breakfast since I'm having a bigger dinner out but then I'm hungry all day and tend to make bad or too many snack choices. I'm going to go review your daily menu posts Liana.
I think I need to refresh my knowledge and get some ideas.

Have a great day everyone!
vachinyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:30 AM   #270  
Evemomma

Welcome back, Vachinyc.....Liana's menus always sound AMAZING to me!

Jenny...My ankles are actually a little sore from Zumba yesterday (more like shin spints?)....ugh, I HATE being out of shape! But I think I can fit in another quick workout before I start my client at 1pm today.

RuthAnn.....I am excited for you and will be praying like crazy tomorrow that everything goes exactly perfect! If no one has suggested this, I HIGHLY suggest getting on a stool softener (and maybe even a gentle laxative) since surgery and those pesky painkillers love to stop things moving.

Splipfree.....7th graders! You are a special person, my friend! I am a therapist and have a tough time with middle schoolers just ONE and a TIME!

I am down almost a pound from my fun day. I very much enjoyed the P1 one day to calm my system down. I always feel AMAZING when I eat so clean....and admit it actually felt like an idulgence to have three protein packs yesterday (I am warped).

This AM after kiddos are in school, I am going out to breakfast with a friend. We decided on St. Louis Bread Company (called Panera for all you not in the area)....I was VERY pleased to see so many balanced options on their breakfast menu that meet P3/P4 breakfast specs! I am planning a cafe latte with sugar-free vanilla syrup and an oatmeal/walnut/strawberry breakfast bowl with only 15g fat and 40ish carbs and under 350 calories. They had several breakfast sandwiches that were made with egg white only, spinach, avocado....and sprouted grain bagel. Nice to see options!!!!

Now just need to get my head in the game today and make a rough plan for eating the whole day since today is one of my late working days.

Blessings!