Old 09-13-2014, 10:53 AM   #241  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Do you ever come to my side of the river?
Scholarshop and Resale Shop are my two favorites.
The "Society" women donate clothes to Scholarshop. Resale Shop is run by National Council of Jewish Women. I get lots of items with new tags still on there. No digging to find nice things at either place. I bought 2 winter coats at Scholarshop last year for $30 each. One is a wool Talbots. A teenager complimented me on the other, so it MUST be cute!!! In addition, there's a really nice consignment shop on Brentwood. They only take higher-end brands.

I've also found useful items at the Chesterfield Goodwill (I live about 2 miles from it) but you're right, you must dig!
I think the Scholarshop is worth a trip...i've heard good things! Thanks for the tips!
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:01 AM   #242  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone,

Happy Birthday Maile!!! Hope that you have a year filled with many moments of joy.

Ruth Ann, I am happy for you and will keep you in my prayers this week.

Jenny, I definitely think that the scale stopping is one of the adjustments in maintenance. I felt the same way, but then everyone (including my Dad, a man of few words) told me, I had lost enough. Fear of food triggers, worry that we may fall back to our old habits and trepidation about UP pounds are all part of maintenance. I have found that maintenance takes just as much focus But, IPs approach really does work and I feel like I have a pretty normal food life now. Try to take it one step at a time and enjoy.

Jhep, your big reveal sounds fun.

Eve, you are right about the expense involved with redoing our wardrobes. Indulge a little! Enjoy the smaller sizes and feeling pretty. You have worked hard
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:09 AM   #243  
Evemomma

Good morning Maintainers! Checking in here frequently is helping me stay on track. I had a great "fat meal" out last night at my favorite Mexican restaurant: grilled chicken and veggie kabobs, over a salad (instead of Spanish rice )with sour cream and guacamole. I enjoyed 4 chips (yum) and even a mini peppermint patty, which my kids about died that I ate. But I know that eating smartly is about balance and joy in food. Loving this!
Old 09-13-2014, 02:22 PM   #244  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Thanks for the good thoughts Slipfree - although looking forward to having this done I am nervous and stressed as can be. I have a huge list of things I need to get done and all I feel like doing is vegging in front of the TV and eating everything in the kitchen. Think I'll go for a nice long walk and try to get myself centered and calm.

And you are so right about the fears and trepidation in starting maintenance. It's scary and I still worry that I will somehow go backwards. Which is weird since I really enjoy my new "normal" way of eating - but our minds do funny things to us sometimes.

evemomma - I'm so glad you are enjoying maintenance and finding a good balance and enjoying food. I think one of the best things about IP is that we learn so many new ways to enjoy food that is good for us and satisfying so that when we hit maintenance we have a solid foundation to build on. I think of it as building blocks - get the basic foundation down (veggies, protein, fats) and then the remaining blocks (carbs, etc.) can be balanced on top.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:45 AM   #245  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Eve- your dinner out sounds yummy and a great choice. I hear you about the IP diet and know that it works because I see it working for you lovely maintainers. I had fun grocery shopping, buying berries, back bacon, yogurt, but haven't eaten any yet . Part of my problem is that I run/gym 4 mornings a week so eating 400-500 cal is difficult unless I get up really early. I was thinking I could save part of my breakfast 150 cal for after gym or just get up early. I have really enjoyed the IP mango shake on these days.

Liana - I can't imagine what it is like to live with chronic pain. Wishing you an end to your pain soon. I tend to eat more when I have a headache, I crave sweet.

Ruth Ann - I like what you wrote about learning the basics with protein, fats, vegg like building blocks and the carbs and stuff and stuff can need balanced on top.
I imagine there is a lot to get ready prior to surgery and have planned for post OP. I hope you got your long walk in yesterday and if I lived closure I'd come help you. What day is it scheduled for this week?

Slipfree- thank you, I will focus on one day at a time and ride out this adjustment period. It is great to see how you and the others have found a new normal food life. I will feel more confident when I have a few meal ideas that go together well.

Had a fun movie and dinner with DH, likely ate more fat and protein, went to a tapas place which was fun. Now I'm going to have my first official P3 breakfast (yog, berries, 1pc bread, 1 tsp almond butter, 2pc back bacon). Just need to double check MFP first
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:12 AM   #246  
Evemomma

Jenny....I am always so impressed with your work out. Why not drink a protein shake before wok out and eat afterwards? My clinic didn't have the P3 & P4 shakes...maybe that would help? I bet if you could Google the nutritional specs on the shakes...may just do that myself.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:41 AM   #247  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Jenny, have a shake or bar, workout, then eat the phase 3 breakfast. That was the recommendation given to exercisers during my Maintenance class at the clinic. They do not want the breakfast broken up because the insulin spike should only happen one time in the day to rev the metabolism.
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 11:25 AM   #248  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Thanks Jenny! I did get my nice long walk in and it helped. Then we got a last minute invite for dinner and that helped me get my mind off things.

On heavy work out day (like PT) I found doing a protein shake ahead of time and then my breakfast after worked out very well. I'm always super hungry after a workout.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:37 AM   #249  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

I am moving to P2 on Thursday. . Reading everyone's posts are so helpful. I really feel that things will stick this time just considering how much time and effort I have put in to understanding the IP process. Just ordered Refuse to Regain as well.
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 04:03 PM   #250  

Ok ladies sound advice shake first breakfast after. I may experiment with an alternative to IP shake that is whey based in a few weeks.

Chipndip- welcome to maintenance you will do great. There is a wealth of expert knowledge on this page. You and I will learn together. Eve transitioned just a few weeks before me which I find comforting.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:06 PM   #251  
Evemomma

Just an FYI for anyone interested in the IP total meal replacement (i won't buy IP but wouldn't mind having alternative plan for crazy mornings), here are the specs:

Calories 210
Total Fat 6g
Sodium 300mg
Potassium 800mg
Total Carbs 14g
Fiber 5g
Sugar 3g
Protein 26g
Old 09-14-2014, 07:14 PM   #252  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Ok ladies sound advice shake first breakfast after. I may experiment with an alternative to IP shake that is whey based in a few weeks.

Chipndip- welcome to maintenance you will do great. There is a wealth of expert knowledge on this page. You and I will learn together. Eve transitioned just a few weeks before me which I find comforting.
Thank you!
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:43 AM   #253  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Congrats ChipnDip! You have done so great! You will rock maintenance.

Crazy, crazy weekend and I haven't done half the things on my list to prep for surgery on Wednesday. Oh well, if they don't all get done it won't be the end of the world, right? Right?

I did see in times of super stress how easy it would be for me to fall right back into stress/comfort/coping type eating behaviors. Not good. Going to have to really work on that one.

Hope everyone has a really happy Monday!

Last edited by Ruth Ann; 09-15-2014 at 06:44 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:04 AM   #254  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Thanks for all of the birthday wishes. I had a nice day and took a drive in the country with my family. Then I had Indian food to go so I did not have to cook.

RuthAnn, Good luck with that surgery on Wednesday. You must be so busy getting ready for it. Super stress definitely causes those old habits to peep out. Good idea on the walk,

Chipndip: welcome! You will enjoy maintenance!

Hello to Eve, Slip, Hawaii, and Jenny. You all sound like maintenance is going well as is your exercise.

I am in for a mega busy week. I refuse to give up exercise!

Liana: I hope your pain is better.and that you are healing.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:08 AM   #255  

Morning ladies and Jhep,

Malie - glad you enjoyed your bday weekend.

Ruth Ann - sounds like your are trying your best to let go of the stress before your surgery and your right, everything will be ok. Will be sending positive thoughts on Wednesday.

Eve- 210 cal does not seem like too much of a meal replacement for maintanance. It's true tho about needing to have something. I have grabbed the IP pack in P2 for lunch when rushed and that wasn't enough cal. I'm trying to cook more on weekends now.

I've dropped 2lbs over the weekend, maybe my scale is broken. I'm eating more than before. Oh well I'm sure it will settle soon. Clearly not a big problem.