Old 08-29-2014, 01:40 PM   #121  

Hi all. I hope everyone is well and ready for a long Labor Day weekend. I know I am!

TOM arrived today so that could explain my meter on the downside and the scale staying at 134. I am hanging in there and today marks day 31. I haven't gone this long in phase 1 (well a reboot anyways) since I started in October 2012. But, like I said before, I am determined to get below goal of 130 so that I have that comfort room before I feel it in my clothes.

Going to Wyoming to visit family this weekend which as busy as it will be, I am looking forward to being in the company of those I love and love me. Going to come home Sunday so I have Monday and Tuesday (took an extra day) so that I can decompress and relax...something I have not been able to get enough of lately.

Joysh...glad to see on back on. I am right there with you and determined also to never get above the 10lb mark. I am so thankful for phase 1 tools to help with that. It's so important to watch it and take action immediately. I think one of the things that makes IP in conjunction with 3FC unique is that there is always a way to get back to goal with support not only from the program but also peers who provide the best guidance, cheer, and positive energy. I hope you enjoyed your VK and are settled in at home.

Bubbleblower....where do you live that allows you to dive often (I am so jealous)! How fun to do for exercise. Plus swimming is great as its no impact. Maybe you will get out over the holiday weekend?

Maile...a long weekend will be nice after the return to school. Teachers work really hard and don't get enough credit. I think your weekend plans sound fantastic. Car shopping is always exciting!

Evemomma...enjoy the big bfasts. I was never a bfast eater prior to IP and now in doing a reboot its what I miss the most...even more than the fun meal, etc. I find myself really looking forward to starting my day with wholesome foods and I bet you are really loving them. ENJOY! You have earned it.

RuthAnn...any R & R for you this weekend? You deserve it!

Happy Friday all.
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:59 PM   #122  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

eandc2006, we live in FL but also have a place in the Caymans, and that's where we primarily dive. I'm hoping to get more FL diving in but the water temps haven't been terribly cooperative this year. We have a lot of cold water upwellings; it was in the 60s last week! In the meantime, I'm trying to get back on my spinning schedule, along with swimming.

Ruth Ann, love the quote about thinking of ourselves as the people we want to be!

joysh, know exactly what you mean about the snug clothes!!
bubbleblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:15 PM   #123  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

eandc2006 - yep, TOM can do weird things with your weight. Have a good time on your trip!

bubbleblower - diving has always looked like so much fun. Closest I've been is snorkeling although I did get to go on a short submarine trip once.

Think we're going to the baseball game tomorrow or Sunday and mostly taking it easy this weekend although I've been hinting it's time to clean out the garage. We'll see. Do have to do a little office work but fortunately it's stuff I can do from home.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 08:21 AM   #124  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Ruthann: Have a great time at the game..sounds fun and relaxing.

Eandc: That 31 day streak is impressive. I know you will reach 130..good idea on giving you comfort room at that weight. Have a good trip to Wyoming.

Bubbleblower: 60 degrees is a little cold to dive. I have not tried spinning classes but have heard they are an excellent workout.

The good news is that we actually met non pushy car salesmen. More shopping today.
I found an interesting site with low carb paleo recipes. Clothesmakethegirl. I must say I am intrigued by her 10 min pizza soup. Can that really taste good?
http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/201...te-pizza-soup/
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:07 AM   #125  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Hi Everyone! Summer is over and I'm also back to school. And back to IP.
I did a reboot in June and lost 12 pounds, putting me back below goal. Well, I then went on a month-long trip to the northeast. I had a great time, but let myself eat lots of food I probably shouldn't have. Anyway, 10 of those pounds found me again, and it took a couple of weeks to be really "ready" to reign myself in. It's especially difficult when people continue to complement me on my weight loss and appearance. They don't know I'm playing upsie-downsie with 10 pounds.
But I'm feeling fine. I'm going to do a bit of P1 to get those off again; today was my first day. I'm determined that 10 pounds will not stretch to 20+. And it won't.
I know I will begin feeling better quickly and the snug clothes will once again be loose and comfortable ... Happy thoughts to you all as I eat my amazing dinner of tilapia and roasted veggies!
Thanks for posting this Joysh. It helps me to know I'm not alone thinking this Maintenance thing is possibly harder - though not impossible - than the losing. And that it takes work and commitment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
I can relate to so much of the current discussion. Muscle toning has definitely been an issue for me, particularly since abdominal surgery in May. Since then it's been too easy to take the lazy way out and skip exercising. I'm fortunate to love diving and to get my exercise in that way, at least on occasion. Tonight I'm bound and determined to make it to my spin class!
Ah toning... I too haven't worked that into the routine and I know it would help. Thanks for this reminder bubbleblower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
Hi all. I hope everyone is well and ready for a long Labor Day weekend. I know I am!
TOM arrived today so that could explain my meter on the downside and the scale staying at 134. I am hanging in there and today marks day 31. I haven't gone this long in phase 1 (well a reboot anyways) since I started in October 2012. But, like I said before, I am determined to get below goal of 130 so that I have that comfort room before I feel it in my clothes.
Comfort room in our clothes...that's a perfect way to think about it and to help us stay on track eandc and it's TOM for me too - hate that scale bump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Think we're going to the baseball game tomorrow or Sunday and mostly taking it easy this weekend although I've been hinting it's time to clean out the garage. We'll see. Do have to do a little office work but fortunately it's stuff I can do from home.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Have fun Ruth Ann - weather here has been gorgeous so I'm hoping to see some tennis over the holiday weekend.

Maile - I know I copied something from your post too but it didn't make it in...and now I can't remember. Doh! Hope you are having a great long weekend as well.

Hi to Hawaii too.

I'm still adjusting to being back in NYC where there's fantastic food all around and 'social' is heavily biased to food/alcohol. One thing I've sorted is that exercise has to go up if food/alcohol go up. And that I still have to work on having at home food days too. It's been a struggle. I'm up about 4-5 from goal but more than that from the lowest... Trying to have string together some p1/p2 days in a row to see what happens. Still logging all my food and trying to get cardio in every day. And with that, I'm off for my daily walk in Central Park.

Have a great long weekend all!
vachinyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:52 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

vachinyc: Hi back!! Walking in Central Park sounds so exciting to me! Lol I can totally relate to your post. I too have to up the exercise if I've endulged. I'm 5lbs up to where I'd like to be and more than original goal and am working to get these lbs off as well. Trying to get some cardio in most days, and remembering that sugar is the devil. But, I need to get back into a good routine which I hope to do once September hits and my schedule is back. Its a daily thing.

Its nice to read everyones posts. Love Maui Maile! So pretty and great snorkelling!That'll be nice for you to look forward to. Its always great to read how you are doing and how well you maintain! Its good support!
Hawaii69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:26 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone,

Joysh and E&C, staying on top of the UP pounds seems to be the key. I really appreciate the fact that you "lived" during your vacation but address the pounds quickly. Seems like a very realistic approach for the long run. I think it is when the slide gets out of control that we become overwhelmed.

Vachinyc, sounds like the social fun is so tempting. Hopefully you will be able to find a balance including both. Central Park is a beautiful place to walk and appreciate nature. Hope you enjoy our beautiful weather today.

Maile, glad the car shopping has been positive. Sorry to hear that your feeling stressed with the start of school and family stuff. We joke around that there is nothing like "teacher tired" during the first couple of weeks. Wishing you a restful weekend and a peaceful next week. I will check out that recipe too. Looking forward to soup season.

Ruth Ann, hope you have fun at the game and that you do not have to work that much!

Bubbleblower, so jealous of your Caymen escape! Especially since it is rather chilly here this morning in CT.

Hawaii, I think that the return to routine will get us through until the holidays. I am going to have to switch to some indoor exercise since my outdoor work is coming to a close. Soon the gardens will be finished I may look into some yoga.

Missing Sylviesgirl and Rosieposie, hope that you are both doing well.

As for me, it was a pretty good start to the school year. I have been eating a protein bar for lunch, as I really do not like to eat a lot of food during the school day (unhappy stomach). Just have to make sure that I have a snack with me and a plan for dinner. I am notorious for forgetting to take out meat. Yes, I had eggs for dinner this week, lol! I will get back into the swing soon. Need to make a trip to the grocery store this weekend.
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:21 PM   #128  
Started IP 12/6/12

Hi everyone. It's hard to believe that the weather is getting cooler up north already. Sounds like you all are off to a good start for the nice long weekend! I can't believe another summer is coming to an end, though!

Well, I'm only a day and a half in, but my reboot has had it's ups and downs already although I've been sticking to it fairly well. I guess I picked a tough weekend to start! Yesterday was more of a P2 day since I went out to lunch unexpectedly, but I ordered ceviche so I don't think I went too far astray. Last evening we went out with friends and I had an appetizer sized Thai beef salad, minus the dressing, so that went well. Today I started with an hour long spin/strength class, and added in some egg whites with one whole egg to my morning in addition to my coffee/cappucino. (There's no way I'm going back to not exercising like I did initially the first time around on IP!) I have a birthday party to attend tonight that starts right at dinner time so I'm a little concerned about food options. I just know not to go there hungry! It's a little weird to be back to thinking about food choices so much again.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:36 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Hello Successful Maintainers!

I am day one of P2 It is 9 days less a year that I have been on IP and what a year it has been! I feel so much healthier, stronger, happier, more confident, and did I say stronger? I am no longer getting horrible colds that I end up being on steroids and antibiotics. I am training for my first half marathon which will be Nov. 2nd and have run 17.2km at once. None of this would have been possible without IP. I have lost 119lbs on IP and 25 more the year before that. When people make the comment that I have lost a person, losing 145lbs I guess is pretty much a person.

I have been lurking on this thread and now feel like I can join in on the conversation. I have started to read the Beck diet solution and have read Refuse to Regain. I look forward to getting to know you all better and I hope over time that I can contribute to your journey in some way.

P2 seems fairly straight forward, my coach and I discussed adding 6-8 oz of protein with non restricted veggies for lunch and pretty much the same for dinner. I will make sure I get my fat in and have IP snack and breakfast.
Still taking all the vitamins.

Hope everyone is enjoying the last long weekend of summer.
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:40 PM   #130  
Started IP 12/6/12

Welcome, Jenny!! What an accomplishment! I can understand why you feel terrific!! As you said, P2 really is straightforward, and it lets you start getting used to having more regular foods. Oh, and wait until those P3 breakfasts!!
Old 08-30-2014, 09:04 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Welcome Jenny! I am so amazed at all that you've accomplished and know that you will succeed in maintenance as well. This is a great board for getting much needed advice and encouragement and just a listening ear. Your start to the school years sounds good Slip! Bubbleblower, it sounds like the reboot is going well. Maintenance is always a challenge when we have different things to attend. I have family visiting right now so its a challenge to make good choices. Although I am enjoying a glass of wine but thats what maintenance is all about. Making sure we balance our decisions out so we don't put the weight back on. IP has taught me great skills to do that!
Hawaii69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:24 PM   #132  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Jenny! You are such an inspiration!!!!!!

Need advice from maintainers....I am in phase 3 now (yay!) and can hardly stomach all the protein required. The current P2 and P3 lunches and dinners call for a full 8 oz serving of protein. For P2, I split my lunch protein into breakfast and lunch also. But, now that I have my FULL P3 breakfast, I am just not hungry at all for a big lunch, let alone a big dinner!

So, should I eat protein to my comfort level (would be more like 4-6 oz), keep at the 8 oz, or could I possibly supplement with a protein shake?

Any ideas would be great! I know I need to get my body 'practicing' for more calories.....am trying to be creative with eggs and non-bulky veggies like spinach, but I STILL had to put some of my eggs in the fridge tonight because I just am not hungry.

Last edited by evemomma; 08-30-2014 at 09:25 PM.
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:35 PM   #133  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Wow, great reading today! You guys motivate and inspire me!

Jenny - welcome to maintenance and congrats on your great losses! Absolutely awesome!

Evemomma - I cut down to 6 oz of real protein most days pretty early in P1 and did 4 to 6 oz for lunch in P2 and P3. Though not anywhere on the IP sheets (shhh... don't tell anyone) I believe the rule of thumb is that you need .8 gr of protein per lb of body weight. You might try adjusting your protein down a bit - I think you would still be getting plenty of protein for your weight.

Last edited by Ruth Ann; 08-30-2014 at 09:36 PM.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:28 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Thanks Bubleblower, Hawaii, Eve and Ruth Ann.

After my first day of P2 I noticed I was more gassy (sorry if TMI) after lunch. I guess my system needs a few days to get used to the "real" food.

Eve, I am working at cutting down my portions from 8oz to 6 which I think is more realistic for my for at least one meal and then maybe 8 at dinner. I will have to see what the scale says. I am trying to freak out but there is no scale at the cottage that I trust and I am a daily weigher at home. I guess I need to surrender and trust the process.
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:57 PM   #135  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi All! Happy Labor Day weekend to those in the US.

Thanks for all of the Welcome Backs! That really made me feel welcome and felt so supportive.

Last night when I saw the scale down I went into my "trying clothes on" mode. I do that more often than needed. lol. Anyway, there was a pair of little pedal pushers on the top of my closet. Black with little flowers on one knee. I remember that I loved it when I bought it. Then I remember that I barely wore them because they were too tight to be comfortable in. I would lose a little weight and try, but never wear it. Well, I'm swimming in it now. The size is 18 and I'm now wearing 6-8 in those same pants. I always imagined them skin-tight, but now they fell down buttoned. I wondered why I kept them, as I've gotten rid of most of my "fat" clothes. But now I know that it's jolt to reality to realize that I was wearing size 22 pants and these 18s were tight. It's a great validation to keep one (not too many, now!) piece of clothing like that.

I realized that even with my extra 5-8 pounds, when I'm feeling fat and bloated, I'm nowhere near I used to be. Perspective!

RuthAnn - Thanks for the encouragement! You're doing great on maintenance. Yes, keeping it off is the hard work, but we have the tools.

Maile- You're in your range! You, as always, are a great inspiration to me! Good luck with the new school semester.

eandc - Yes, the support from this forum is important. I did my long reboot of 5 weeks in June. I'm hoping this little one will be only 2 weeks.

Bubbleblower - Diving sounds so wonderful. I'm lamenting the closing of our pool in my town.

Vachinyc - Ahhhh! A daily walk in Central Park! I'm a New Yorker by birth and I just got back from several weeks there. I stayed for a few days with friends on Central Park West. How lovely!

Slipfree - I probably did a bit too much "living" foodwise, but I felt I wanted to relax my vigilance for a month. I enjoyed it very much, but I'm also enjoying my week of P1.

Jenny - Welcome!!!!! Wow, you did great!

Sorry this was such a long post, everyone.

Last edited by joysh; 08-31-2014 at 01:01 PM.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote