Old 08-27-2014, 08:14 AM   #106  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

exactly bubbleblower!

Found this quote this morning while looking for my mojo which has been hiding from me for days. I haven't gone crazy or anything, but my "give a sh!t meter" has been running on low. Just one of those funks.

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."

I think that I really thought that getting the weight off would be the hard work. But now that I've achieved that goal there's still so much more work to do - hard to picture the end result. I know I want to be fit and healthy but the work going into getting my muscles back into good shape without hurting myself seems to go so slowly sometimes. I'll just keep trucking along and keep the next goal in mind - I'll get there.

Hope everyone is having a great week!
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:48 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

I agree Ruth Ann, maintenance is harder. Losing the weight was more structured,no decisions, follow the program. But, I'm trying to take some of those good things I learned while losing weight with me, like not eating too much, not panicking when I feel hungry, drink my water, combine foods in the right way. It hasn't been easy for me. I have my good and bad days. Some days I wonder if I can do this. Exercise is my therapy in many ways but my eating is the challenge sometimes. No matter how much I exercise, I need to learn to eat healthy and in a balanced way. But, the exercise definately helps me to want to eat well and my muscles are getting stronger and more toned. I have my panic days though, especially when the scale goes up. I appreciate this support group. It helps.

Welcome home Maile, we just had friends that went to Maui for two weeks. They said the weather was excellent. Hawaii is so awesome, always makes me feel mellow and relaxed when I'm there. I miss my Mom too but we keep in touch very regularly. Technology is a great thing.
Hawaii69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:00 AM   #108  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Thanks Hawaii - I do love this group - so much awesome support and understanding. I think the biggest problem is I had no muscle tone at all - I had 3 back surgeries in the two years before I started IP and just hurt too much to do any kind of regular exercise (or so I thought). I'm improving - my posture is better, my pain levels are down, etc., it just seems to be taking forever. I'll get there - just keep reminding myself, I never would have thought I could lose all this weight but I did and if I can accomplish that I can accomplish anything!
Old 08-27-2014, 09:57 AM   #109  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the P3 advice Liana....I just misunderstood NO sugar for LOW sugar!

RuthAnn....I'm sorry you're in a bit of a funk! You have such as amazing spirit, and have personally inspired me SOOOOOO much in following your journey. Don't let yourself take for granted the amazing achievements you have conquered! It may be slow going, but I know that your efforts to regain muscle and health is going to pay off. It already has!
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:26 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Thanks Hawaii - I do love this group - so much awesome support and understanding. I think the biggest problem is I had no muscle tone at all - I had 3 back surgeries in the two years before I started IP and just hurt too much to do any kind of regular exercise (or so I thought). I'm improving - my posture is better, my pain levels are down, etc., it just seems to be taking forever. I'll get there - just keep reminding myself, I never would have thought I could lose all this weight but I did and if I can accomplish that I can accomplish anything!
I can't imagine going through 3 back surgeries! Wow! But, knowing you, you will get there, one step at a time! And we can accomplish anything if we set our minds to it, you are so right!
Hawaii69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:53 AM   #111  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Thanks evemomma & hawaii! You guys always cheer me up!

I really will get over myself, just a funk I go through periodically - always seems to coincide with increased stress. Hmm.... think there's a connection?
Old 08-27-2014, 06:56 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Ruth Ann, I can fully understand the blue funk. I am impressed that you were searching for inspiration to get your mojo revved up again. That type of response to your funk is sure to serve you well. Try to remember, slow steps are still moving you forward.
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:26 PM   #113  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Thanks Slipfree! I'll get it back together - must be time to pull out my crayons.

I think part of it is the last weekend of summer coming up - the summer went by so fast! Anyone have great plans for the weekend? I think we're doing a baseball game and a really nice steak at home.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:49 PM   #114  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone! Summer is over and I'm also back to school. And back to IP.

I did a reboot in June and lost 12 pounds, putting me back below goal. Well, I then went on a month-long trip to the northeast. I had a great time, but let myself eat lots of food I probably shouldn't have. Anyway, 10 of those pounds found me again, and it took a couple of weeks to be really "ready" to reign myself in. It's especially difficult when people continue to complement me on my weight loss and appearance. They don't know I'm playing upsie-downsie with 10 pounds.

But I'm feeling fine. I'm going to do a bit of P1 to get those off again; today was my first day. I'm determined that 10 pounds will not stretch to 20+. And it won't.

I know I will begin feeling better quickly and the snug clothes will once again be loose and comfortable.

It was a lovely summer, however, and a wonderful trip to Syracuse, NYC, Boston, etc. It was great to get out of the hot Louisiana summer - and I found places to swim everywhere I went. Swimming is great exercise, although our only pool in town closes at the end of August. Back to the gym, I guess.

Just wanted to congratulate you all for your wonderful efforts and posts. I lurked a bit, but didn't post over the summer. Happy thoughts to you all as I eat my amazing dinner of tilapia and roasted veggies!
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:14 AM   #115  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Good to see you joyish! So glad you have had a great summer, your trip sounds amazing!

And yeah for getting the up pounds down before they become an issue. That's what's so great about this program I think - it gives us the tools to keep the pounds off without resorting to drastic measures as long as we pay attention.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:44 AM   #116  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
exactly bubbleblower!

Found this quote this morning while looking for my mojo which has been hiding from me for days. I haven't gone crazy or anything, but my "give a sh!t meter" has been running on low. Just one of those funks.

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."

I think that I really thought that getting the weight off would be the hard work. But now that I've achieved that goal there's still so much more work to do - hard to picture the end result. I know I want to be fit and healthy but the work going into getting my muscles back into good shape without hurting myself seems to go so slowly sometimes. I'll just keep trucking along and keep the next goal in mind - I'll get there.

Hope everyone is having a great week!
My meter is also running low RuthAnn and the sad (but kinda great thing in some ways) I am OK with it. I really need to let go of some things and stop giving a shhhhhh so I figure I will embrace the meter in the meantime.
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 05:12 PM   #117  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

I can relate to so much of the current discussion. Muscle toning has definitely been an issue for me, particularly since abdominal surgery in May. Since then it's been too easy to take the lazy way out and skip exercising. I'm fortunate to love diving and to get my exercise in that way, at least on occasion. Tonight I'm bound and determined to make it to my spin class!

My Nashua order still hasn't arrived, but I've been good over the last couple of days and the scale showed a pound and a half drop this morning. I'm not counting it yet since I want to make sure it sticks. Although I weigh each morning, I'm just going to record once a week, like I did when I was first on IP. Tomorrow I can start back on IP in earnest since I'll have my packets.

Update 8/29: Ahhhhhh, the smell of creamy cappuccino in my coffee! Off to a good start for day 1 of mini-reboot.

Last edited by bubbleblower; 08-29-2014 at 08:13 AM.
bubbleblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 09:13 AM   #118  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Bubbleblower: I am glad you got your order in and have already started losing as you get ready for your mini reboot. Hope you get lots of dives in and make it to the spin class.

Eandc: It sounds like you are figuring out things to let go of in your life..maybe that will help with your low running meter.

Ruthann: You are dealing with stress and it is hard. It took me a year to tone my muscles and to notice them! I admire you for making it through 3 back surgeries. I hope you find a way to be painfree as you tone.

Joysh: Good luck on the start of school..and your P1. You sound ready to go.

Hawaii: thank goodness for phone calls. Maui will be my next trip to Hi after seeing my mom.
I had panic days with the scale also..but they do decrease and almost go away. You are doing well.

Evemomma; p3 breakfasts are so nice after P2.

It has been a rough week in terms of school and family. I am glad there is a long weekend. The good news is that I am in my 3 pound range.

My plans are to look for a used car for my son...and to go out to dinner with friends.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 09:20 AM   #119  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi Maintainer friends!

I have posted a few of my P3 breakfast menus on the P3 breakfast thread, would any of you mind taking a look and letting me know if something is glaringly off. My coach had NO input in P3 at all....NONE. I am embarrassed for her, frankly.
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:37 PM   #120  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Hi Maintainer friends!

I have posted a few of my P3 breakfast menus on the P3 breakfast thread, would any of you mind taking a look and letting me know if something is glaringly off. My coach had NO input in P3 at all....NONE. I am embarrassed for her, frankly.
Done but not sure I'm a ton of help!