Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 12:34 PM   #31  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Response: You are right. But I won't die without it, either and I'm choosing to not have it. Please support me in my decision.
EXACTLY!!! Most of my friends get the point after I make a response like that and don't force the issue further. So much of this is a mental battle and a battle of willpower.

How are you doing starting back on P1, Lisa? I'm interested in your journey and I know you really deserve this.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:34 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
schenectady: I restarted P1 yesterday after giving my thyroid a "breather". Join me! The great thing about IP is we know exactly what to do to get those "up" pounds off.

Since your son is back at college, I trust he is well?
Lisa, I can think of nothing more fun to so than to rejoin along with you. It will keep me on track.

Thank you or asking about our son....he is OK and he is back at college and work and seems fine other than a bit tired still. He had some sort of weird infectious disease but the doctors do not know what - we went through encephalitis, meningitis, Rocky Mountains spotted tick fever, foot and mouth, all sorts of possible diagnoses but none were backed up by his blood and fluid tests. They say he is a medical enigma. One of the doctors is keeping in touch with him and they are keeping an eye on him at the college, still conferring with the hospital docs.

The airlift from his town to the big city hospital was a night I will never ever forget. All the moments of his wonderful life flashed through my heart and soul as I drove out to the hospital - 5 hours done at speeds I never want to do again. I arrived expecting that he would already be in surgery but the neurologist had postponed the surgery saying he was not comfortable with the original diagnosis of a brain problem - thanks are so due to the guy for feeling uncomfortable with how things looked!

So he is back to his normal schedule and I am picking up my mental pieces that I let go when I got home after a week. I did not handle that part well but I need to concentrate on the days to come and my getting my IP schedule perfect. Fingers crossed.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:46 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
EXACTLY!!! Most of my friends get the point after I make a response like that and don't force the issue further. So much of this is a mental battle and a battle of willpower.

How are you doing starting back on P1, Lisa? I'm interested in your journey and I know you really deserve this.
Thanks for asking. I posted on another thread (100%? 50+?) that day-one was easy-peasy. If only ALL days would be that smooth & hunger-free! My DH reminds me all the time when I'm doing something hard that if it were easy, everyone would do it!

My biggest complaint is that my only scale is my wii fit and I dropped the console on a tile floor and it's not working. I suspended my gym membership while on vacation so I won't get to do initial weight weigh-in until Friday (the 1st). Meanwhile, I'm looking for a used wii console. Checking with friends and ebay. At least I have some other workout options in the meantime. I do a program call Classical Stretch on my PBS station. It works on both strength and flexibility but is short and not incredibly taxing. Perfect for P1.

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-29-2014 at 12:47 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:52 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Schenectady, I am so happy that you are back and that your son has improved so much. You have both been in my thoughts. As for IP, we are human. You are exactly right, this lifelong battle can not be about perfection. We work and hope to break our patterns, but sometimes- life happens. Fall 6 times, get up 7. You can do this! You have more of those gorgeous dresses to fit into. We are here to support you.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:59 PM   #35  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post
Seriously guys, I feel like my body just hates me. Last weekend I had been down several pounds, on Tuesday morning when I went to weigh in I was back up one or two but still down about a pound a half overall (on my scale at home). I weighed right before I went to weigh in, and of course their scale had me down only .8. Difference in scales, whatever. I left right after that for vacation where I tried very hard, but was not 100% OP. I came home and weighed, and hadn't gained any weight and I was still in ketosis. I was psyched and got back OP.

Yeah, so today I'm up, which isn't really a surprise since I haven't "gone to the bathroom" since last Wednesday in spite of taking lots of Cal-Mag and breaking down and taking Miralax last night and this morning. I feel like I will never break the 160lb barrier. Or poop again. Does anyone else battle this CONSTANTLY? To be honest, I always have but I rarely go longer than 5 days. My coach told me last week I should be going every day. I pretty much laughed at her.
I am a daily weigher and find it pretty interesting what my weight does. Last week the dsay after my normal weigh in I lost 2 lbs. The following day I gained 1 lb. It then took me the rest of the week to get that pound off. I just attribute it to water. IDK. I don't have a BM problem really but some days its way more than others.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:22 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 221/174/140

Height: 5'4"

Went in for my weigh in today and talked to my coach about being so tired and sick feeling. I would sleep all day if I could. She recommended I try the alternative program for a couple of weeks. I'm very nervous about it. But I'm going to follow it exactly and see how it goes.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:29 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
I'm going away this weekend and it will be a huge challenge for me. I will bring food with me and do my best to stay OP. I'm going to be with my BF who continually tries his hardest to get me to go off plan. I almost want to just stay home where I know I will behave. I guess I can't stay home forever.
Time for a new boyfriend????
Old 07-29-2014, 01:56 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
I am a daily weigher and find it pretty interesting what my weight does. Last week the dsay after my normal weigh in I lost 2 lbs. The following day I gained 1 lb. It then took me the rest of the week to get that pound off. I just attribute it to water. IDK. I don't have a BM problem really but some days its way more than others.
I find it interesting too, and can usually tell what it's going to say by how I feel, but I get surprised on occasion. The funny thing about my weigh in last week - I lost .8 pounds (even though my at-home scale said I had lost more), but my body fat percentage dropped a huge amount, and my lean mass went up like 3%. I had no changes in my measurements at all. I'm not positive that something wasn't a little wonky about my readings. I guess I'll find out tonight what it's like for this week.

I was reading a prior thread about Novi-Cleanse. Have any of you all tried it? I sometimes just feel so... we'll go with "icky"... from going so infrequently and wonder if something like that would be helpful. I'll ask my coach tonight but thought I'd see if any of you had tried it. I've never done a cleanse of any sort before. Also - ok to do a cleanse when you are going to be at work? I'm in an office setting, close to bathroom and having a quiet week so no one would notice frequent bathroom breaks.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:10 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I have not posted in quite a while. I went through a very challenging medical issue with my 20 year old son and I was brave and good and stayed on IP...until I got him settled back into college.

So now I am facing several weeks of bad eating on my part - no excuses. I have struggled to get my mind back into IP. It took a while, but I have pulled myself together and I am on day 3 of being on the plan.

I go back to one of my original thoughts which is I may lose battles but I never give up on this war. Lisa says it so well when she says this is a life long battle with obesity and I cannot agree more.

The lesson - stuff happens but one can always pick up and get back into the fight. NEVER give up even when we have given in.
Since your son is back at college, I trust he is well?[/QUOTE]

Glad your son is better, hopefully will have no more issues.

Stuff does happen, I have just restarted again after playing around for 3 months, Not excuses but have let work, stress get to me. We can do this we know it works. Hungry going away now on second day.

[QUOTE=lisa32989;5048132]schenectady: I restarted P1 yesterday after giving my thyroid a "breather". Join me! The great thing about IP is we know exactly what to do to get those "up" pounds off.

Good luck with getting those last few pounds off, you are right IP works.
I join you both to get these pounds off.

This forum really helps. You are all supportive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2014, 02:38 PM   #40  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post
I find it interesting too, and can usually tell what it's going to say by how I feel, but I get surprised on occasion. The funny thing about my weigh in last week - I lost .8 pounds (even though my at-home scale said I had lost more), but my body fat percentage dropped a huge amount, and my lean mass went up like 3%. I had no changes in my measurements at all. I'm not positive that something wasn't a little wonky about my readings. I guess I'll find out tonight what it's like for this week.

I was reading a prior thread about Novi-Cleanse. Have any of you all tried it? I sometimes just feel so... we'll go with "icky"... from going so infrequently and wonder if something like that would be helpful. I'll ask my coach tonight but thought I'd see if any of you had tried it. I've never done a cleanse of any sort before. Also - ok to do a cleanse when you are going to be at work? I'm in an office setting, close to bathroom and having a quiet week so no one would notice frequent bathroom breaks.
I heard they discontinued it. They might have the floralax which was part of the cleanse. I haven't had any trouble up until recently. The salad is so important just to give you enough bulk to have to go.

In terms of weigh ins, I always post my clinic one to post but since I will always use my home one to maintain I have to decide which one I use to say I'm at goal. There is one office at the clinic where I weight less than home and one where I weigh a lot more. They use the same scale just move it from room to room. Very weird. They don't have the fancy scale so I have no idea what my lean mass, fat and water % is. I bought a cheap scale that supposedly tells me water and fat but don't know accuracy. Fat has been steadily dropping and my water fluctuates so I figure it's all relative. I saw an ad for a place that offers it. They charge $80!! There was a coupon for $37. If they offer it again, I might go just for curiosity sake.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:52 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Schenectady, I am so happy that you are back and that your son has improved so much. You have both been in my thoughts. As for IP, we are human. You are exactly right, this lifelong battle can not be about perfection. We work and hope to break our patterns, but sometimes- life happens. Fall 6 times, get up 7. You can do this! You have more of those gorgeous dresses to fit into. We are here to support you.
Thank you, slipfree, for the kind words. I DO refuse to give up and I know that I will always be mentally challenged to keep on the straight and narrow.

And I do have some lovely dresses I must fit into! My son's wedding (my first child to marry) is October and I want to make him proud of me. I have not seen him for a year (he is deployed) and will not see him again until October.

I know that when I was "off" the program I should have been on this site for support but honestly I was mad and embarrassed....
Old 07-29-2014, 03:11 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Thank you, slipfree, for the kind words. I DO refuse to give up and I know that I will always be mentally challenged to keep on the straight and narrow.

And I do have some lovely dresses I must fit into! My son's wedding (my first child to marry) is October and I want to make him proud of me. I have not seen him for a year (he is deployed) and will not see him again until October.

I know that when I was "off" the program I should have been on this site for support but honestly I was mad and embarrassed....
I think that not posting during a slip is a mistake a lot of people make. We need to get it into our heads that we need support in good times and in bad. That is the purpose of the thread. It is hard to admit publicly that we struggle but the shame is so much worse alone.

Using food as an emotional coping strategy is something many of us have utilized for a long time. Not reaching out during a "food outburst" allows us to continue medicating with food. We need to break that past pattern and stop a slip from becoming a slide. All of us are relearning and developing a healthy new relationship with food, there are bound to be bumps on the journey. But, we can change together.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:16 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
I think that not posting during a slip is a mistake a lot of people make. We need to get it into our heads that we need support in good times and in bad. That is the purpose of the thread. It is hard to admit publicly that we struggle but the shame is so much worse alone.

Using food as an emotional coping strategy is something many of us have utilized for a long time. Not reaching out during a "food outburst" allows us to continue medicating with food. We need to break that past pattern and stop a slip from becoming a slide. All of us are relearning and developing a healthy new relationship with food, there are bound to be bumps on the journey. But, we can change together.
Slipfree - you are so right about the not reaching out. I was still in the depths of my struggle but apparently not yet ready to deal with it or correct it. It scares me but this is probably an aspect of addiction that many deal with. We cannot make it go away but we can really work to have it hit us least often and less drastically.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:17 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I heard they discontinued it. They might have the floralax which was part of the cleanse. I haven't had any trouble up until recently. The salad is so important just to give you enough bulk to have to go.

In terms of weigh ins, I always post my clinic one to post but since I will always use my home one to maintain I have to decide which one I use to say I'm at goal. There is one office at the clinic where I weight less than home and one where I weigh a lot more. They use the same scale just move it from room to room. Very weird. They don't have the fancy scale so I have no idea what my lean mass, fat and water % is. I bought a cheap scale that supposedly tells me water and fat but don't know accuracy. Fat has been steadily dropping and my water fluctuates so I figure it's all relative. I saw an ad for a place that offers it. They charge $80!! There was a coupon for $37. If they offer it again, I might go just for curiosity sake.
I used to have a scale (from target or BB&B or something) that would calculate my body fat percentage wildly inaccurately. I think I was around 5'7" and 180 lbs at the time and it would tell me my body fat percentage was 48%. Which is to say, a better scale than mine might be good, but don't trust it if it's way off!
Old 07-29-2014, 03:30 PM   #45  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Default Reaching beyond the routine

So much going on here on the daily thread today!

Notcoolenough - There are so many factors that can produce a 1-2 lb fluctuation on the scale... with my scale, the weight varies by .5 to 1 lb if I stand too far back on my heels (it goes up), too far forward on the balls of my feet (it goes down), and from my morning at home weigh in right after hitting the bathroom and in my nightgown, I am a good 2 lbs less than I will be at official coach weigh in fully dressed at 6:30pm. You did not mention inches.... sometimes that's where the shifts are occurring. But really - try not to put too much faith in the numbers on the scale - how does clothing fit? how do joints feel? can you breathe better? Sticking with the program, staying as OP 100% to the greatest extent possible will carry the day in the end. You have lost a notable amount of weight so I know I am singing to the choir. Hang in. Results will come.
Also - thanks for raising the constipation thing -- mostly I am regular daily, but I have had one or two-day episodes of constipation. Smooth Moves tea seems to work for me.

Schenectady - I commend you for getting back on the wagon so quickly -- scares like you have been thru with your son are so stressful and when we come through to the other side of the trauma it is easy to feel like we deserve to treat ourselves... for me, it's an invitation to bury myself in sweet stuff. I truly admire your steadfast return to the program!

canadjineh - you crack me up!
kissi - But I agree with canadjineh that true friends show their colors when they are around us at times when we are determined to do what we set out to do, and we refuse to fall back into the old familiar groove that got us into this overweight state.
This food thing (especially sugary stuff) is truly an addiction for me - and if I went to drug rehab, got clean and returned home, all the experts would be telling me to form new social networks instead of risking my recovery by immersing myself in the old patterns. Lucky for me, my DH is determined to help me succeed on this program - he waits till I go up to bed to have his ice cream treat or other dessert. It is so helpful to be around that kind of support.

Lisa32989 I wish I had read your post about cooking pancakes before I tried my first foray into pudding made into waffle batter this morning... and then could not find the waffle maker so I poured it into a large skillet and made a giant pancake... I have uploaded a picture of it... it was a wonderful yummy step away from the routine IP pudding, despite the lack of waffle maker... but it would have been better if I had set the fire low and let it cook/bake in the skillet longer. I may try it again tonight, now that I located my waffle baker that my OCD hubby had reorganized.... can't get bored when my IP journey is such an adventure!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IP Waffle Wannabe.jpg (32.9 KB, 13 views)
Closed Thread