Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 03:29 PM   #31  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I'm having a little pity party for myself. I've spent the whole weekend at our cottage watching people eat nonstop every form of junk food possible. There is a local bakery and DH bought a treat for everyone and although I usually don't care it annoyed me this time that they ate them in front of me. I haven't made anyone change a thing all these months. I don't think I'm doing them any favours. My healthy eating is not rubbing off on anyone!

It has made me very unsatisfied with all my food choices. I think I'll let them make their own dinners!
Awwww chipndip, that does sound super annoying. On the other hand, you should give yourself credit for staying on course. You've been flexing that 'resistance muscle' which means that you are on course for success in maintenance. So big pat on the back for you. If you can survive that, you have definitely got this!!
Old 07-27-2014, 03:33 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 229/211/145

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64peppergirl View Post
That has to be one of the best NSV's ever.

I know my husband has to like the way I look better now than before but I've never heard a word.
Gotta love those husbands who never say anything I have one of those too!
Old 07-27-2014, 04:43 PM   #33  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I'm having a little pity party for myself. I've spent the whole weekend at our cottage watching people eat nonstop every form of junk food possible. There is a local bakery and DH bought a treat for everyone and although I usually don't care it annoyed me this time that they ate them in front of me. I haven't made anyone change a thing all these months. I don't think I'm doing them any favours. My healthy eating is not rubbing off on anyone!

It has made me very unsatisfied with all my food choices. I think I'll let them make their own dinners!
I hear you! I sent dh and the kiddos off to Sam's club, and they came home with a half a dozen of chocolate muffins (the HUGES ones that are like eating two pieces of cake for breakfast)! These were one of my pre-IP favs...so it irks me that dh wouldn't think that I don't want these around. However, we also have oreos, Hershey bars (for s'mores) and other kinds of junk in our kitchen that I haven't thrown away. Makes me want to though!
Old 07-27-2014, 04:50 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
I hear you! I sent dh and the kiddos off to Sam's club, and they came home with a half a dozen of chocolate muffins (the HUGES ones that are like eating two pieces of cake for breakfast)! These were one of my pre-IP favs...so it irks me that dh wouldn't think that I don't want these around. However, we also have oreos, Hershey bars (for s'mores) and other kinds of junk in our kitchen that I haven't thrown away. Makes me want to though!
In January I finally put my foot down and told my husband to stop bringing sugar into the house. I discussed the articles that show how toxic sugar is. He listened because he was seeing some really bad numbers on the scale. It took him 2 weeks to detox. He had it bad. Honestly no one needs this stuff. Unfortunately while he has been home taking care of me he has fallen into old habits and he said he is ready to go back to work because he eats less. I was proud of him on our grocery trip today. He looked longingly at the ice cream aisle. I told him we could have a treat Fridayy but he had to make it through the week.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:34 PM   #35  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
On a recent show comparing muffins of today to how they used to look, I heard those things are 800 calories! That's all we eat in a day!
Old 07-27-2014, 06:35 PM   #36  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 View Post
Awwww chipndip, that does sound super annoying. On the other hand, you should give yourself credit for staying on course. You've been flexing that 'resistance muscle' which means that you are on course for success in maintenance. So big pat on the back for you. If you can survive that, you have definitely got this!!
Thank you. I do feel better for it when I get home and get on the scale. Ut in the moment it makes me crazy!
Old 07-27-2014, 08:54 PM   #37  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Quote:
On a recent show comparing muffins of today to how they used to look, I heard those things are 800 calories! That's all we eat in a day!
The ones my dh brought are 600 calories...just for one! And something crazy like 47g of carbs. I also had to ask him not to deep-fry his yellow squash (with breading)....he was like, "well you cook yours in oil!". Um, 1 tsp of EVOO is all!

Anyway, he started out really well with me in April and lost 20lbs no problem. He isn't eating a lot of fast food anymore or having soda, but he's pretty much back to his old habits with not a lot of gain to show (grrrrrr).

Yesterday, he was annoyed that I mentioned that I would not be eating those garlic/cheesy roll things from Ruby Tuesdays (where we ate yesterday) once I was on maintenance. I don't think he understands how careful we have to be on maintenance and thinks if I avoid fast food and soda that I'll be set.

This despite explaining to him the concept of carb/fat separation SEVERAL times.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:22 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Hello all,

I have found a few minutes to read the posts but not enough time to post. We had dinner guests last night and DH put on the smoker and made pulled pork and chicken-yummy. Guests brought desert, if the leftovers are still staring at me in the fridge tomorrow morning they are going in the compost. Brought my own lunch and kid lunches to the Science Centre and walked around eating veggies. Back at my sister's again helping out and for dinner today. Going to work to rest tomorrow

I'm getting excited about 5 more days of phase 1 and then phase 2 the week I start my holiday up north at my parent's cottage. Should work out ok but I will miss my scale
Closed Thread