Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 03:35 PM   #331  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Well said. That is the big question we have to learn to answer well if we are going to keep the lost pounds off.
You are so right! I have discovered in the long time I have been trying to make the most of IP that one lick can lead to one bite to one taste to one serving to ....well, you get the idea. I have been there and know for me that is true and that being 100% IP is really the only way for me to go,
Old 12-15-2014, 01:45 AM   #332  

S/C/G: 186/186/150

Height: 5'8

Just wanted to check in a report that through Sunday brunch and kids baking Christmas cookies all day, I managed to stay 100%!
It actually was not even that hard, I just kept the image of bumping out of ketosis and having to struggle to get back to fat burning in my mind and it was relatively painless.
I will be glad when January is here.
Old 12-15-2014, 02:07 AM   #333  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Hello and long time no see to all fellow 100% er's. Some of you you I know well and the others I hope to get to know. I am back to IP after having a very successful weight loss journey which I began to maintain (or fail to do so a year ago) I made it to 170 from 280lbs and was super happy with that. Now Over a year later I have put on almost 30lbs and went up one size so enough is enough and back I come to the program that helped me so much the first time. But the first time would not have been a success without the people and support I got from here! No one like to admit failure but pretending things are ok when truly I am miserable in my own skin is not right, so I am starting again just as the holiday treats and baking is rolling into my work because I figure if I can resist that then I am golden
Thankfully because I continued to eat lower carb in maintenance it did not take me long to get past the carb cravings this time. Cause being a cranky pants for a week was not something I was looking foreword to. Well I will stop my babbling, just want to reintroduce myself
Old 12-15-2014, 06:34 AM   #334  

Hi Monica
You have no "failure" to admit!
I've said all along maintenance takes at least as much diligence as losing weight.
Not retuning for the reboot. Now, that would be a #fail.
I'm headed to Hawaii tomorrow & have a plan.
I'll be re-joining all you wonderful p1 100%ers when I get home.

Last edited by lisa32989; 12-15-2014 at 09:24 AM.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:09 AM   #335  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Monica!!!

I was in the same boat, did pretty well in maintenance but a series of changes in my life threw 30+lbs back on my body. Nothing at all to be embarrassed about - this weight management thing is a life-long learning process for us. Finding IP meant that we now have a tool that works when things creep up, but we will still have a lot of trial and error when managing the day-to-day stuff. I'm close to phasing off again, and I feel a little better prepared for maintenance this time around...until the next curveball comes at me...but at least I have P1 to fall back on when I need it!
Old 12-15-2014, 03:41 PM   #336  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Hi Monica
You have no "failure" to admit!
I've said all along maintenance takes at least as much diligence as losing weight.
Not retuning for the reboot. Now, that would be a #fail.
I'm headed to Hawaii tomorrow & have a plan.
I'll be re-joining all you wonderful p1 100%ers when I get home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Hi Monica!!!

I was in the same boat, did pretty well in maintenance but a series of changes in my life threw 30+lbs back on my body. Nothing at all to be embarrassed about - this weight management thing is a life-long learning process for us. Finding IP meant that we now have a tool that works when things creep up, but we will still have a lot of trial and error when managing the day-to-day stuff. I'm close to phasing off again, and I feel a little better prepared for maintenance this time around...until the next curveball comes at me...but at least I have P1 to fall back on when I need it!
Hello back to you both! Man did I miss this forum, and all of you! I have no idea why I stayed away that long. Life gets in the way. You think it would not be so hard to restart something you know works, but it took me a long time to accept that I needed a reboot. I am a such a stubborn control freak that it is hard to admit when I need help and can not do things on my own. Now back on phase 1 I can remember why IP helped so much, its super charges my will power.

Lisa you are so right about diligence. I hope you have a fantastic time in Hawaii!!!
Scorbett thank you for sharing your trials with me, it helps my believe that I can also do this again.
Old 12-16-2014, 02:22 PM   #337  

OMG I had forgot how good phase 1 can make you feel. No bloating and extra energy, plus no food cravings is a fantastic bonus to weight loss! I realized that I always do better with a goal in mind so I am giving myself the goal of 30lbs lost by the end of March. I want to be back into my size 12 cloths prior to spring/summer. I really think it is a reasonable goal, but hope I am not setting myself up for disappointment.
Old 12-16-2014, 03:10 PM   #338  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Lots of positive vibes around here! Thanks so much everyone for posting and keeping this thread alive. It gets hard to post sometimes, especially this time of year but means so much to everyone! I have been terrible about posting, but following the program 100%

Lisa – have a great trip!

Have a great day everyone.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:30 PM   #339  
10/19/14 P1

S/C/G: 296.5/215.6/199>

Height: 5'8.5" -- 53 yr

Monica, you are such an inspiration for me! Your before and after photos are just the validation I needed at this challenging time of year.

Delighted to report that I managed to avoid the holiday party snacks at work this afternoon. And even a bit better -- 27.9 lbs and 12.5 inches gone in 4 days shy of 2 months.

100% IP has been GOOD to me!! Thanks to all of you for the support!!
Old 12-16-2014, 09:10 PM   #340  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Permission2Succeed View Post
Monica, you are such an inspiration for me! Your before and after photos are just the validation I needed at this challenging time of year.
Thank you so very much for the compliment! So many people inspired me with there success when I started. If you follow the plan it will work, but as I show it is always a work in progress cause weight control is a life long process.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:38 AM   #341  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
OMG I had forgot how good phase 1 can make you feel. No bloating and extra energy, plus no food cravings is a fantastic bonus to weight loss! I realized that I always do better with a goal in mind so I am giving myself the goal of 30lbs lost by the end of March. I want to be back into my size 12 cloths prior to spring/summer. I really think it is a reasonable goal, but hope I am not setting myself up for disappointment.
Yesterday was my first official weigh in since my "regression" (Avalon used that phrase and I love it). I was happy to lose but what amazed me was that when I walked in, my coach was very vocal about how much bloating I had lost. The energy will come back soon as I am still in the early challenges of feeling a little s--tty.

How nice it is to see some familiar faces walking this 'regression' challenge together.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:20 PM   #342  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Good to see you again schenectady!

And hooray for everyone staying 100%!
Old 12-18-2014, 10:32 PM   #343  

S/C/G: 194/141/125

Height: 5'

I'm at the beginning of my journey....completing day 18. Cheating is NOT an option for me. So glad to have found this thread! Very inspiring!
Old 12-20-2014, 07:49 PM   #344  

S/C/G: 210/198/130

Height: 5'0"

Hi, I'm back after a very long time and am committed to this program 100%. I've been finding that the inner dialogue about food and coping with every day life is so important. I would love to hear about what some of you "tell" yourself when you are tempted.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:00 PM   #345  

Happy2be
Get the book The Beck Diet Solution (I have the hard copy and the audio version that I put on my phone). Im using many of the techniques from that book as my guide to changing inner dialogue.
Closed Thread