Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 09:19 AM   #241  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureFitChick View Post
I'm back again. I never phased off properly, and gained back most of my weight. I'm jumping back in today and started with a proper breakfast. I'm little nervous because I woke up with a bad headache and I know that these first few days of induction can be difficult.
Hang in there! The first few days are AWFUL....putting some salt in water and chugging it down helped with my headaches the first few days. You can do it!
Old 10-07-2014, 04:12 PM   #242  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Page 3??? How'd this get there?

Anyway - bump for Lilly to give her some good ideas for staying 100%!
Old 10-14-2014, 09:00 AM   #243  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Hey, where'd all the 100%ers go?

I miss you guys!
Old 10-14-2014, 10:02 AM   #244  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

I'm still here, Ruth Ann. Getting closer and closer to goal!!

I've been traveling to a few football game and sneaking in Quest Bars every which way that I can.

Tailgating can get a little tough but this past weekend we went to Starbucks and I got a double shot of espresso over ice in a venti cup and poured my vanilla RTD in there. Then I ate my Quest Chips and a pickle and passed on all the other tailgate goodies and I didn't feel deprived at all. I went into the game and ate my Quest Bar at halftime. After the game we ordered out and I had a nice boiled shrimp salad for dinner. I had to figure out SOMETHING for a dressing since I didn't have any ACV, I just mixed Lemon Juice, Olive Oil and spicy mustard. It worked okay with the shrimp.

Travelling and staying OP had me nervous at first but it has gotten so much easier and honestly me staying busy at the games and festivities before I almost have to remind myself to eat...as opposed to sitting at the house and wanting to munch on things out of boredom.

Hope you are doing well!
Old 10-14-2014, 11:55 AM   #245  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Wow Kissi - you are getting close!

Good job on staying OP while traveling. You have to get a bit inventive sometimes but it's kind of fun to challenge yourself to see what you come up with.

I hear you on the boredom eating. Recovering from surgery has been a huge challenge since I'm forced to do a lot of nothing and that's always a problem for me. Still having to limit my activities but I had dh pull down a box of pictures that needed sorting and put them next to my chair so I can keep my hands busy! Wanting to put together a CD of family pics for Christmas presents and figured now was a good time to start on it.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:17 PM   #246  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Wow Kissi - you are getting close!

Good job on staying OP while traveling. You have to get a bit inventive sometimes but it's kind of fun to challenge yourself to see what you come up with.

I hear you on the boredom eating. Recovering from surgery has been a huge challenge since I'm forced to do a lot of nothing and that's always a problem for me. Still having to limit my activities but I had dh pull down a box of pictures that needed sorting and put them next to my chair so I can keep my hands busy! Wanting to put together a CD of family pics for Christmas presents and figured now was a good time to start on it.
So close!!!! My home scale has consistently read 3 lbs less than my clinic scale at weigh ins (adding in clothes and they are for sure a lb off). So, I'm phasing off at 135 on my clinic scale and hope to lose a little bit more to give me that cushion.

I'm in size 6 skirts and dresses now and they aren't tight!!!! Which I think is crazy. How people can be the same height and weight but completely different sizes!

Traveling on OP is a challenge and I do like challenges sometimes. I feel bad at these tailgates though where people are offering you all sorts of goodies and I'll be eating on my turkey patties I brought with me or picking out grilled chicken. I tell myself that they don't know and they are just trying to be nice (and in the back of my mind I'm like "You food pusher, you"). lol

I'm sorry you are still having to limit your activities but I'm glad you found something to keep you busy. I think that's a great idea for Christmas presents. I honestly should start shopping now - it seems like the list of nieces just grows more and more every year.

How much longer are you on limited activities?? Are you feeling any better?

Last edited by kissi; 10-14-2014 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:29 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

I figured I'd better get back on here and stick to my guns as I'm at top of range (that I allow myself). This will keep me accountable... and I have changed my ticker to reflect this . There will be no dreaming that I'm 131/132 while sitting at 136! Although 98% of my clothes still fit fine - there are a couple of fave jeans that cause a muffin top at this point. Soooo, they will be my guide.
P1 day! Onward & 100%!

Liana
Old 10-14-2014, 05:36 PM   #248  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Kissi - Phasing off at 135 sounds like a good way to go. I think I decided to phase off at 140 lbs, 1 year or size 4 pants. Sometimes you just have to make a decision and go for it.

I'm on limited activities for a couple more weeks - not supposed to move my arms more than 12 inches from my body. Poor dh - all the stuff in the upper cabinets is currently residing on the counter in both the kitchen and the bathroom. He keeps telling me to just let him know when I need something but I hate having to yell for him every time I need a plate or hairspray or something.

canadjineh - I love your determination!
Old 10-14-2014, 08:36 PM   #249  
IP Start 6/17/14

S/C/G: 216/160.8/160.0

Height: 5'5"

Hi Ruth Ann, I have been following many of these threads and have posted sporadically. You are such a motivation for me (as are many other regular posters). One of my goals is to consider surgery after I reach and maintain my goal for a few months. I am considering Breast Reduction (more like a lift when this is all over) and possibly a tummy tuck. If you are willing to share...I'd love to know if you would recommend the surgery...or perhaps, would you do it all over again knowing how you feel now? Thanks for your help.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:10 PM   #250  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZoe View Post
Hi Ruth Ann, I have been following many of these threads and have posted sporadically. You are such a motivation for me (as are many other regular posters). One of my goals is to consider surgery after I reach and maintain my goal for a few months. I am considering Breast Reduction (more like a lift when this is all over) and possibly a tummy tuck. If you are willing to share...I'd love to know if you would recommend the surgery...or perhaps, would you do it all over again knowing how you feel now? Thanks for your help.
Wow OhZoe you're doing great!

And to answer your question - I would do it again in a minute. Best thing I ever did for myself. It's painful and aggravating right now but already my shoulders and neck are feeling so much better. I know the recovery takes awhile but I'm really happy I did it. And I look so much more proportionate and love that they are back up where they should be. Everyone I have talked to has been super happy with the surgery.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:37 PM   #251  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

I superstoked you are doing so well, Ruth Ann, after the surgery! Just keep those arms down by your sides, lol. Attach a little measuring tape from your elbows to your ribs, no going past the 12 inch mark. It does get aggravating to call DH for stuff you need, but definitely do it if necessary! that and don't freak about the counters until you're ready to reach higher.

Liana
Old 10-14-2014, 11:28 PM   #252  
IP Start 6/17/14

S/C/G: 216/160.8/160.0

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Quote:
Wow OhZoe you're doing great!

And to answer your question - I would do it again in a minute. Best thing I ever did for myself. It's painful and aggravating right now but already my shoulders and neck are feeling so much better. I know the recovery takes awhile but I'm really happy I did it. And I look so much more proportionate and love that they are back up where they should be. Everyone I have talked to has been super happy with the surgery.
Thank you for your reply. I wonder if the recovery from surgery for a lift and tuck would be just too much. I have lots of sick time accrued at work but really couldn't take that much time off. Worth keeping as a reward/goal for myself. I am happy with my progress so far, even with 2 major vacations in the mix. Need to get into the 170's though....I feel like I have taken too long in the 180's! Hope to reach my goal of 160 by Christmas and then see where I want to go from there. Can't even imagine myself at 160. And I agree with comments from some other posters (pishposh?)... It will be so great to have New Year's Resolutions that do NOT include losing weight.....first time in my life.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:24 AM   #253  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Thanks Liana! It is going well (no matter how much I whine) just annoying right now. I'm used to climbing the counters to get things (the joy of having a dh who is much taller - he tends to put things on the top shelves).

OhZoe - I was actually back to work part-time about 10 days after surgery and started mostly full time this week. I have the luxury/curse of being able to work from home if needed so I was actually keeping up with a lot of my work remotely.

The losses seem to crawl sometimes don't they? that's when I pull out old pics and compare them to current ones - sometimes seeing the difference makes a huge difference. And look at how far you've come in a relatively short period of time. As long as the scale goes down over the long term, you are golden.

It is hard to imagine yourself at a weight you haven't been at in awhile. I started with a goal of 150 just because anything lower seemed impossible. When I got to 150 I knew I wanted to go down further. You'll find the right number for you.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:05 AM   #254  

OhZoe:
I have a friend who had abdominal plastic surgery after losing 50 lbs on IP.
I can ask her how much time she took off?

I did my BR (in 99) the Thursday before US Thanksgiving.
Then I was off the entire next week, using minimal sick days (due to the holiday).

I returned to work the Monday after Thanksgiving.
If I had to do it again, I'd take off that following week, as well (so, basically 2 full weeks).

It is a long, slow recovery period but mostly just a gradual reduction in inflammation & allowing everything to heal. The "worst" is over in 10-14 days.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:13 AM   #255  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Hey, where'd all the 100%ers go?

I miss you guys!
I'm back! I have been gone a while and just did not fit this into my day for quite a while. Nothing drastic, just stress.

But I am back to 100%, drinking all that water and trying to remember all the bathrooms that I can find. Being older, I do not always have the luxury of waiting for those....

One change I have made, pretty much, is switching to as much seafood as I can since it is so available. I find I work better when I do that so I am enjoying new kinds of fish.
Closed Thread