3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP daily chat Thursday 7/24/2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/298059-ip-daily-chat-thursday-7-24-2014-a.html)

lisa32989 07-24-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catlady1981 (Post 5045826)
I worked at a highly stressful job before I landed where I am now. It was impossible to lose weight while I was there. But one thing I did learn was that no matter how busy I was, and I was always swamped, if I felt my anxiety levels going up or that I might tear out the throat of the next person who asked me to do something for them, it was time to take a 5-10 minute break and go outside and walk around. 5-10 minutes doesn't seem like much, but it did me a world of good to remove myself from that stressful situation and when I went back in I didn't feel like I had an elephant sitting on my chest. So do yourself a favor, take that short break. The world will not come to an end if you step away from your desk for a few moments. You'll be glad you did.

I bet you're MORE productive doing so than just sitting at your desk, stewing. We all think we're too busy to take care of ourselves, but if we don't, who will?

creolelady 07-24-2014 02:15 PM

Question - does anyone use Silk Almond milk unsweetened in their coffee? Nutritional Info:

For 8 oz/1 cup:

30 cal; 2.5g fat; <1g carb; <1g fiber; 0g sugar; 1g protein.

Granted, that is for a whole cup; I would probably use less than half of that in coffee in the morning. What do you all think? I will ask my coach on Monday but wanted to get your thoughts/opinions. Thanks!

Peppertree 07-24-2014 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creolelady (Post 5045841)
Question - does anyone use Silk Almond milk unsweetened in their coffee? Nutritional Info:

For 8 oz/1 cup:

Granted, that is for a whole cup; I would probably use less than half of that in coffee in the morning. What do you all think? I will ask my coach on Monday but wanted to get your thoughts/opinions. Thanks!

When I first started, my coach (who was very strict), stated that unsweetened almond milk is fine. The new phase 1 sheet says "regular milk" instead of skim milk, which my new coach interprets to mean any milk you wish. (Since I don't use milk in my coffee or tea, I haven't actually tested any of these options out, though.)

JJTx 07-24-2014 03:01 PM

Hi everyone, just checking in - board and IP newbie here! (started 3 weeks ago) :)

suziqindc 07-24-2014 03:12 PM

weighing food

does anyone have recommendations on how to weigh your food? Type of scales? What about recommendations on types of scales to weigh yourself?? I s digital better? Any thoughts appreciated!! I am in week two!

Sully1961 07-24-2014 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJTx (Post 5045858)
Hi everyone, just checking in - board and IP newbie here! (started 3 weeks ago) :)

Welcome to the forum. Lot's of experienced and supportive IP members here. Good luck on your weight loss journey.

kissi 07-24-2014 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziqindc (Post 5045865)
does anyone have recommendations on how to weigh your food? Type of scales? What about recommendations on types of scales to weigh yourself?? I s digital better? Any thoughts appreciated!! I am in week two!

I bought a scale from Amazon since I love my online shopping. It's digital and was inexpensive. My Mom bought a nice digital one from WalMart for cheaper than what I paid for mine.

I realize why I don't go out to eat while I'm on IP. The server at this restaurant seemed to be in a fuss to be accommodating. Oh well, my 4 ounces of beef and my lettuce and sautéed spinach were very tasty. Passed up on the bread (that smelled amazing) and dessert (that everyone at the table excluding me ordered). I was okay with the choices that I made because I know it's for the better to better myself as an individual and I will feel so much better in the long run than some bread or ice cream would have made me feel at that moment.

lisa32989 07-24-2014 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creolelady (Post 5045841)

For 8 oz/1 cup:

IP allows 1 oz per day of milk. So you'd only use 1/8th of the cup, not half! If you can't use dairy, this would be an appropriate substitute, as long as you stick with the serving size.

caroling56 07-24-2014 03:41 PM

Week one down

Hi all, Weigh in today, and I'm doing the happy dance:carrot:Down, 6.4 pounds. I'm totally pumped with that.... Can't wait to see how well I do this next week. :D I hope everyone is having a great day!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

ChipnDip 07-24-2014 04:07 PM

Weighed in at home this morning since I couldn't get to my clinic. Kept my clothes on so it would be more comparable. Happy to see -3. Makes an even 70 lbs lost. :carrot: I just love when I get to change my avatar!

Only 19 pounds to go. Funny how after losing 70, that seems like a piece of cake. I know it will be the hardest part but fingers crossed, I haven't really had any stalls yet.

evemomma 07-24-2014 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChipnDip (Post 5045886)
Weighed in at home this morning since I couldn't get to my clinic. Kept my clothes on so it would be more comparable. Happy to see -3. Makes an even 70 lbs lost. :carrot: I just love when I get to change my avatar!

Only 19 pounds to go. Funny how after losing 70, that seems like a piece of cake. I know it will be the hardest part but fingers crossed, I haven't really had any stalls yet.

70 is amazing!!!!! Keep it up! No reason to think you can't tackle this 19 left the same way you have the 70 before it! :carrot:

And really....despite the weight loss slowing down, I haven't found the final pounds to be any harder than the earlier ones. I haven't stalled either, so maybe that's why.

IP43 07-24-2014 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kissi (Post 5045881)
...I realize why I don't go out to eat while I'm on IP. The server at this restaurant seemed to be in a fuss to be accommodating. Oh well, my 4 ounces of beef and my lettuce and sautéed spinach were very tasty...

They are there to "serve" you... don't hesitate to ask. I was a waitress for many years and I think we're more sensitive than we need to be. To a waiter/waitress it shouldn't matter -- you take the customer request and just pass it on to the kitchen.

If you had a real allergy, you'd be picky about what you ordered if it were a "life or death" thing. So, be picky. You deserve it. I'm sure people who expect a "tip" for their service are prepared to give you that good service. :)

kissi 07-24-2014 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 5045897)
They are there to "serve" you... don't hesitate to ask. I was a waitress for many years and I think we're more sensitive than we need to be. To a waiter/waitress it shouldn't matter -- you take the customer request and just pass it on to the kitchen.

If you had a real allergy, you'd be picky about what you ordered if it were a "life or death" thing. So, be picky. You deserve it. I'm sure people who expect a "tip" for their service are prepared to give you that good service. :)

I really would have thought this to, especially being that this was a nice restaurant in New Orleans. Another person at the table tried to 'create' a salad with items from the menu and he had a major problem with that as well. I may start saying I have a gluten and dairy allergy if I find myself going out to eat on IP again!

MrPhillips 07-24-2014 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caroling56 (Post 5045884)
Hi all, Weigh in today, and I'm doing the happy dance:carrot:Down, 6.4 pounds. I'm totally pumped with that.... Can't wait to see how well I do this next week. :D I hope everyone is having a great day!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

That's awesome!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Michelle

nat1015 07-24-2014 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creolelady (Post 5045820)
I went out to dinner on a date with my hubby last night for the first time since starting the program - I am on week 2. We went to Outback Steakhouse. I did just what you did and pulled up the menu and selected the 6 ounce beef filet, had them prepare it with no extra oil or butter. I had steamed broccoli as my side item. I had the house salad with no cheese or croutons to start and brought a WF italian dressing packet. I had unsweeteneed tea to drink and had a LOVELY time. We are going out again tonight (our kids are at their grandmother's this week so we are going out as much as possible) to Seasons 52 - anyone been there? Getting ready to pull up their menu!

Have a great day everyone!:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

That is an AWESOME victory! WTG!