Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 11:58 AM   #16  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Thank you so much, lisa! This has made me so nervous. I never have been a 'picky' eater at a restaurant, I always used to order everything just how it comes so my anxiety levels have been up!!
Old 07-24-2014, 12:07 PM   #17  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

I am starting to get nervous about leaving for our trip on Saturday. If it were just my husband and I, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. It's a big group of people (for a wedding) and I can already hear people saying why aren't you drinking, why aren't you eating this or that. Ugh! I want to be able to relax on my vacation.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:23 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
Thank you so much, lisa! This has made me so nervous. I never have been a 'picky' eater at a restaurant, I always used to order everything just how it comes so my anxiety levels have been up!!
Read the post from 65x65 (yesterday?) at the end of the daily. She talks about becoming a picky eater as a matter of self preservation. Habits MUST change if we are to maintain losses.

For me, a lifetime of eating what I wanted whenever I wanted got me into my mess. Learning to be in control of the food will take some time. Even if it takes the rest of my life to continue to learn it, at least my growth won't be on the scale!
Old 07-24-2014, 12:29 PM   #19  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

I apologize in advance, I need to vent. The last two weeks have been a constant stream of food in my office. Pizza, stromboli, noodles, pizza, barbecue, cookies, chips...all this crappy crappy stuff is constantly being shoved in my face and I feel like I'm going to snap at the next person who offers me anything or when my cube neighbors sit next to me with their plates piled high. I don't even want any of it, but it's putting me in a terrible mood (or worsening my already grouchy pms-y emotional mood). I have also been dealing with an inordinate amount of work stress lately and it adds an additional level of stress that I have to keep my will power in check constantly. I'd work from home if I could or even escape the office for a short walk but I'm too busy to even do that. I just want it to be 5 pm already so I can get out of here.

Last edited by pishposhappelsauce; 07-24-2014 at 12:31 PM.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:36 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Back from WI. Down another 5. Total 20.5 since start in June... So excited.

SophieLT - I hear you! I leave in 3 weeks for Disney with the whole family. None of whom know what I am doing. I don't want to get into it with them because I don't want to hear their opinions / comments. Do the best you can, that's my plan and good luck.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:36 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

pishposh-

I can so relate to how you are feeling!! We had my bosses birthday party on Tuesday and I snapped. LOL I just got over TOM and the terrible mood that went with it. Phew i'm glad that passed!!
Old 07-24-2014, 12:41 PM   #22  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
pishposh-

I can so relate to how you are feeling!! We had my bosses birthday party on Tuesday and I snapped. LOL I just got over TOM and the terrible mood that went with it. Phew i'm glad that passed!!
Right, I feel like I need to just go into hibernation until it's over.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:04 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
I apologize in advance, I need to vent. The last two weeks have been a constant stream of food in my office. Pizza, stromboli, noodles, pizza, barbecue, cookies, chips...all this crappy crappy stuff is constantly being shoved in my face and I feel like I'm going to snap at the next person who offers me anything or when my cube neighbors sit next to me with their plates piled high. I don't even want any of it, but it's putting me in a terrible mood (or worsening my already grouchy pms-y emotional mood). I have also been dealing with an inordinate amount of work stress lately and it adds an additional level of stress that I have to keep my will power in check constantly. I'd work from home if I could or even escape the office for a short walk but I'm too busy to even do that. I just want it to be 5 pm already so I can get out of here.

You are doing so great! Just remember it is PMS and stress making you feel so grouchy. AND we used food SO.MUCH to deal with stress. What we know now is that it is NOT a stress reliever. It causes more!!! But we still have to learn new ways of coping so we don't go back to old, destructive coping mechanisms. It will take time. In the meantime, at least you KNOW you're grouchy & can reign it in.

I hope you brought some snacks today (if not, tomorrow?). Your favorite restricted. Some extra celery & cukes. I even bring a ziploc of romaine that I tear into "chips" and eat it plain, right out of the bag. You're so close! I know stress and PMS makes this hard but can you take a moment and focus on your accomplishments, how much better you feel, and how you can only control yourself and not any craziness around you?

Deep breaths! Keep venting when you need to! Strength in numbers!

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-24-2014 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:07 PM   #24  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Back from WI. Down another 5. Total 20.5 since start in June... So excited.

SophieLT - I hear you! I leave in 3 weeks for Disney with the whole family. None of whom know what I am doing. I don't want to get into it with them because I don't want to hear their opinions / comments. Do the best you can, that's my plan and good luck.
Thanks! I'll post how it goes. I don't know why people think it is ok to comment about what I eat (or don't eat) when it would be considered rude to point out all the carbs/fat they are eating. Good luck to you too!
Old 07-24-2014, 01:08 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLT View Post
Thanks! I'll post how it goes. I don't know why people think it is ok to comment about what I eat (or don't eat) when it would be considered rude to point out all the carbs/fat they are eating. Good luck to you too!
I've actually said to people: let's talk about YOUR food choices.
That tends to shut them up
Old 07-24-2014, 01:18 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLT View Post
You are so right!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Lisa- I LOVE that!!! I am going to have to use that line!!!! Also, when I read what you said about stress eating it made a lot of sense. I used to deal with stress by eating, and now i'm not that is why I am extra grouchy!!! oh heck, i'd rather be grouchy then! lol
Old 07-24-2014, 01:41 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 325/300/225

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
I'm already looking at the menu. I'm definitely going to have to do some tweaking with some of the menu options.

Link to the Menu:

http://www.mrbsbistro.com/menu_display.php?id=2

I'm thinking about doing this one (no butter/dairy)-

STEAK TOURNEDO – Wood grilled petit four-ounce tenderloin of beef over oven roasted Yukon Gold potato rounds with mushroom brandy cream sauce ~ served with vegetable of the day (substituting steamed veggies as the side in place of the potatoes). Plus, since it's only 4oz, I can have 4 oz of protein tonight for dinner.

ETA: I emailed my coach so hopefully she sees it and responds before we leave!
I went out to dinner on a date with my hubby last night for the first time since starting the program - I am on week 2. We went to Outback Steakhouse. I did just what you did and pulled up the menu and selected the 6 ounce beef filet, had them prepare it with no extra oil or butter. I had steamed broccoli as my side item. I had the house salad with no cheese or croutons to start and brought a WF italian dressing packet. I had unsweeteneed tea to drink and had a LOVELY time. We are going out again tonight (our kids are at their grandmother's this week so we are going out as much as possible) to Seasons 52 - anyone been there? Getting ready to pull up their menu!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-24-2014, 01:44 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 325/300/225

I forgot to add - how empowered I felt being able to go out to eat and stay on plan. It was very liberating!
Old 07-24-2014, 01:49 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
I worked at a highly stressful job before I landed where I am now. It was impossible to lose weight while I was there. But one thing I did learn was that no matter how busy I was, and I was always swamped, if I felt my anxiety levels going up or that I might tear out the throat of the next person who asked me to do something for them, it was time to take a 5-10 minute break and go outside and walk around. 5-10 minutes doesn't seem like much, but it did me a world of good to remove myself from that stressful situation and when I went back in I didn't feel like I had an elephant sitting on my chest. So do yourself a favor, take that short break. The world will not come to an end if you step away from your desk for a few moments. You'll be glad you did.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:50 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

Love that! Going to steal that!
Closed Thread