3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP daily chat Wednesday 7/23/2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/298028-ip-daily-chat-wednesday-7-23-2014-a.html)

randygrl 07-23-2014 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnsdeere (Post 5045224)
Anyone else like diy renovations? We did it with our last house, which was a good thing, especially when we put it in the market. We sold in and were under contract two days after putting it on the market. Too bad there isn't enough time to get everything done when you have kids but, alas I wouldn't trade parenting for the world.

My husband bought a fixer home about 7 years ago and we are always working on some project or another. This year was the furnace and some electrical work plus remodeling the downstairs bathroom. We have a few more big projects to work on over the next few years, but hopefully it will all be worth it when it comes time to sell. We have a 4 bedroom, 2 bath, 2,000 square foot home in Fairbanks, Alaska and the most important thing it to make it as energy efficient as possible with the heating and electrical costs up here. All I can say is if we haven't gotten divorced yet (with all the diy renovations) then we never will. :D

jemma51 07-23-2014 01:05 PM

I went to the mall yesterday for the first time since starting IP. Mostly to buy baby clothes for my Grandbaby coming in December. As I walked through the stores I saw some cute clothes and was tempted to buy something new but, I just couldn't bring myself to try anything on. I think I'm kinda scared to try anything. I know my pants are getting saggy rear and my tops are all of a sudden really long but, I'm scared to try something smaller on. Is that weird?

Kellyc14 07-23-2014 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jemma51 (Post 5045269)
I went to the mall yesterday for the first time since starting IP. Mostly to buy baby clothes for my Grandbaby coming in December. As I walked through the stores I saw some cute clothes and was tempted to buy something new but, I just couldn't bring myself to try anything on. I think I'm kinda scared to try anything. I know my pants are getting saggy rear and my tops are all of a sudden really long but, I'm scared to try something smaller on. Is that weird?

Congrats on the grandbaby!! I have one coming in December too! :D

I know what you mean about being afraid to try smaller clothes on. My pants are saggy in the rear too. I have a closet full of clothes, but somehow I skipped size 18 and went straight to size 20. So the next size I have in my closet are 16's, I tried them on over the weekend and some of them fit perfect and some were too tight. I keep wearing the ones that are too big though because when I wear a pair that hug my body I don't feel like I have lost any weight. Isn't that crazy?! I'm ready for the 16's to be too big!! My shirts are definitely getting big on me. I've lost pretty consistently from all over my body. My stomach has gone down a lot, which is wonderful! I don't have to suck it in anymore. LOL

kissi 07-23-2014 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellyc14 (Post 5045274)

I know what you mean about being afraid to try smaller clothes on. My pants are saggy in the rear too. I have a closet full of clothes, but somehow I skipped size 18 and went straight to size 20. So the next size I have in my closet are 16's, I tried them on over the weekend and some of them fit perfect and some were too tight. I keep wearing the ones that are too big though because when I wear a pair that hug my body I don't feel like I have lost any weight. Isn't that crazy?! I'm ready for the 16's to be too big!! My shirts are definitely getting big on me. I've lost pretty consistently from all over my body. My stomach has gone down a lot, which is wonderful! I don't have to suck it in anymore. LOL

I do the exact same thing! I started inbetween a 14/12 and the 14s are too big now but the 12s fit, they are just baggy. I can fit into 10s, buuuuuut don't like wearing something that tight because I feel like I haven't lost weight!!

Kellyc14 07-23-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kissi (Post 5045280)
I do the exact same thing! I started inbetween a 14/12 and the 14s are too big now but the 12s fit, they are just baggy. I can fit into 10s, buuuuuut don't like wearing something that tight because I feel like I haven't lost weight!!

Isn't the mind a funny thing?!

Jenny38 07-23-2014 02:06 PM

Happy Wednesday!
Quote:

Originally Posted by drd1961 (Post 5045140)
Good morning. Can I say my love for IP is renewed? It really has been easy to maintain at this trying time by following the basic principles that are laid out.
Today is the day I say good bye to my walker. I think PT will be moving me to the cane.

You have done such a great job maintain. Congratulations say goodbye to your walker! Sounds like you are working hard with your PT.

-Johnsdeere- Way to go on losing 70lbs

- Gracerev - Love "happy Doctors" they must be super proud of all your hard work.

I'm a frequent weigher and have noticed some ups and downs this past week but staying the course and figuring it will all setting in the next day or so. My coach is away for 2 weeks but I still go in to weigh as I know I need it to be accountable. No measurements till she comes back next week tho.
Hope everyone has a great day!:)

Sully1961 07-23-2014 02:31 PM

Traveling on Ideal Protein

My weight loss is definitely slowing down and I am losing 1/2 to 1 pound per week, which I will take, but I do miss those bigger losses I was experiencing earlier on. I weighed in this week at 170.5 - I can't wait to be into the 60's! Will work hard this week and try to get there.
I totally understand what folks are saying about wearing clothes in a smaller size. I, too, am still between sizes and wear some large (maybe a size 14) and some newer pieces in a medium or size 10/12. Sizing is all over the place so I don't really know what "size" I am.
I have a question for anyone out there. My hubby and I are going to be traveling to Maine and New Hampshire for about a week in early August (road trip) and I am wondering if anyone has any tips for being on the IP program while traveling? Are there IP friendly restaurants in that area? has anyone else traveled, esp. by car and been successful staying on program? While I have eaten out on program during the past few months, most of my meals are at home or a packed lunch. We are not staying in accommodations that have food preparation and we will be quite active - walking, hiking, swimming, etc. - so I want to make sure I eat enough and enough of the right food so I do not stall. I would love to hear any hints, tips, suggestions, please.

jemma51 07-23-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kissi (Post 5045280)

I've been home all summer because I'm off work until school starts again. My son had major surgery so, I've just been home helping him get around and stuff. I haven't been out for any reason to put on my normal everyday clothes. I pretty much am in my bathing suit all day and maybe a pair of shorts and a T the rest of the day. It should be interesting the day school starts and I try my clothes on to see how they fit. Three weeks to go until school starts.

evemomma 07-23-2014 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jemma51 (Post 5045317)
I've been home all summer because I'm off work until school starts again. My son had major surgery so, I've just been home helping him get around and stuff. I haven't been out for any reason to put on my normal everyday clothes. I pretty much am in my bathing suit all day and maybe a pair of shorts and a T the rest of the day. It should be interesting the day school starts and I try my clothes on to see how they fit. Three weeks to go until school starts.

A few weeks ago I finally did a closet purge....I tried on loads and loads of clothes and was pleased (and a kinda mortified b/c I realized I would be buying a WHOLE new wardrobe) that they were all too big.

What I'm surprised with now is how even 5 lbs makes a HUGE difference in the smaller sizes. So, I'm trying not to buy too much too soon....but I did take a nice trip to my local Goodwill this past weekend and got about 4 work shirt/blouses and several pants/capris. Not ready to pay full price for clothes (well....I hate paying full price EVER anyway...but....) since I don't know where my body will settle. But it SURE is awesome to be wearing fitted clothes. It makes me feel slender, and I think makes people notice my loss all the more. Wearing saggy pants did nothing but make me look bigger.

evemomma 07-23-2014 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully1961 (Post 5045304)
My weight loss is definitely slowing down and I am losing 1/2 to 1 pound per week, which I will take, but I do miss those bigger losses I was experiencing earlier on. I weighed in this week at 170.5 - I can't wait to be into the 60's! Will work hard this week and try to get there.
I totally understand what folks are saying about wearing clothes in a smaller size. I, too, am still between sizes and wear some large (maybe a size 14) and some newer pieces in a medium or size 10/12. Sizing is all over the place so I don't really know what "size" I am.
I have a question for anyone out there. My hubby and I are going to be traveling to Maine and New Hampshire for about a week in early August (road trip) and I am wondering if anyone has any tips for being on the IP program while traveling? Are there IP friendly restaurants in that area? has anyone else traveled, esp. by car and been successful staying on program? While I have eaten out on program during the past few months, most of my meals are at home or a packed lunch. We are not staying in accommodations that have food preparation and we will be quite active - walking, hiking, swimming, etc. - so I want to make sure I eat enough and enough of the right food so I do not stall. I would love to hear any hints, tips, suggestions, please.

Losses are great no matter how big or small, but I TOTALLY understand wanting it to go faster. I never lost anymore than 4.5 lbs in a week, but I would LOVE to have a loss like that right about now!

I traveled for 10 days in May from IL to TN to Florida (including Disney World) by car and stayed OP the whole time. There is a thread close to the first page bumped up when I was preparing for my trip. Also, if you google "traveling on IP" you should find some old GREAT threads about traveling.

Here's a few tips that worked well for me:

IP bars and wafers don't do well in the heat and melt

Quest Bars are perfect for traveling as a restricted b/c they just get soft and delicious if a little warm. Just know that not all Quest bars meet IP guidelines...the alternatives thread will talk you through this.

I kept a cooler with RTD shakes and veggies in the car. Celery, peppers, and cauliflower traveled well. Cucumbers get slimy quickly. Broccoli gets stinky.

I also brought foil pack of Albacore Tuna that I could eat in a protein pinch....I just squeezed a little spicy mustard into the pack and ate with a fork.

I had a "condiments" IP kit with packs of yellow mustard, spicy mustard, soy sauce, hot sauce, sea salt, EVOO, and some generic MIO water flavoring. They DO sell little packs of WF dressing online....but I discovered this too late to order.

Subway is a VERY easy way to eat on the road and stay OP. They will make a salad for you with lowfat lunch meat or grilled chicken and all the veggies you want. We picked our stops at gas stations that had Subways attached.

A few times I had no choice but to go to fast food....what I did was order a grilled chicken sandwich, ditch the bun, and ask for a side salad instead of fries. I did have to pick out some carrot slices here and there....but it was better than nothing. I usually would add my own extra veggies to get my 2c in.

You can do it! I lost 4 lbs on my trip and don't regret being strict about my eating for a SECOND!

evemomma 07-23-2014 03:49 PM

OK...NSV here: I had to renew my driver's license. The last time I did this I had just had my daughter, so when they asked about my listed weight (which read 130), I said I would be getting back to that weight soon.

(Insert LOUD OBNOXIOUS LAUGHTER)

Well, as of 3 months ago I was 40 POUNDS from that driver's license weight. Not anymore! Today, I told them to list my weight as 135 (since that it my maintenance goal weight...and I'm nearly there)! I can't remember the last time my weight actually MATCHED my driver's license.

And even better....I got a good picture! Yahoo!!!!!!!!!

Sully1961 07-23-2014 05:19 PM

Road trip

Evemomma: You are right about any loss being a good one - I can't help but long for the BIG loss like 3 or 4 pounds. Thanks for the encouragement though. It helps to keep me motivated.
Great tips and suggested info sources for the traveling. I didn't think about subway AND the info regarding slimy cucumbers is helpful. I would have found out the hard way since they are a favourite snacking vegetable. I will invest in a couple of new ice packs for the cooler and make sure we are stocked up with veggies while we are on the road.
Great story about the driver's license...made me smile!

ChipnDip 07-23-2014 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully1961 (Post 5045366)
Evemomma: You are right about any loss being a good one - I can't help but long for the BIG loss like 3 or 4 pounds. Thanks for the encouragement though. It helps to keep me motivated.
Great tips and suggested info sources for the traveling. I didn't think about subway AND the info regarding slimy cucumbers is helpful. I would have found out the hard way since they are a favourite snacking vegetable. I will invest in a couple of new ice packs for the cooler and make sure we are stocked up with veggies while we are on the road.
Great story about the driver's license...made me smile!

Considering you are traveling from Canada to the US, are there restrictions on what kind of food you can drive over the border? Im guessing if the veggies are washed and chopped it wouldn't matter?

drd1961 07-23-2014 05:54 PM

The most I lost in one week was 3 pounds. My average was 2.3.

The PT added a 3 pound ankle weight to the operated leg. And then asked me if I had any advise for his wife who is trying to lose weight through exercising. I told him losing is more about diet and exercise helps in maintaining.

usmcvet 07-23-2014 06:09 PM

A few NSV's. Last night I bought and served ice cream (birthday) cake to my wife and kids. I threw away the last piece. It was an awesome feeling of self control. Also my pants are loose and the shirt I wore today didn't fit ten days ago! Have an awesome day!